A Critique of Friedman's Critics
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal Journal of Economic Literature.
Volume (Year): 17 (1979)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pelloni, Gianluigi, 1996. "De Finetti, Friedman, and the methodology of positive economics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 75(1), pages 33-50, November.
- Colin Rogers, 2000. "Discussion of 'Inflation, Disinflation and the Natural Rate of Unemployment: A Dynamic Framework for Policy Analysis'," RBA Annual Conference Volume, in: David Gruen & Sona Shrestha (ed.), The Australian Economy in the 1990s Reserve Bank of Australia.
- Gérard Charreaux, 2008.
"La recherche en finance d’entreprise:quel positionnement méthodologique?,"
Working Papers CREGO
1080501, Université de Bourgogne - CREGO EA7317 Centre de recherches en gestion des organisations.
- Gérard Charreaux, 2008. "La recherche en finance d’entreprise:quel positionnement méthodologique ?," Revue Finance Contrôle Stratégie, revues.org, vol. 11(Special), pages 237-290, June.
- Lawrence A. Boland, 1982. "Difficulties with the Element of Time and the 'Principles' of Economics or Some Lies My Teachers Told Me," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 8(1), pages 47-58, Jan-Mar.
- Roger K. Conway & Charles B. Hallahan & Richard P. Stillman & Paul T. Prentice, 1990. "Forecasting livestock prices: Fixed and stochastic coefficients estimation comparisons," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(1), pages 15-32.
- Jeroen C.J.M. van den Bergh & Ada Ferrer-I-Carbonell & Guiseppe Munda, 1998. "Models of Individual Behavior and Implications for Environmental Policy," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 98-121/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- S. Subramanian, 2013. "“Instrumentalism” and Friedman’s methodology: a short objection," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 47(1), pages 577-580, January.
- Bernard Walters & David Young, 2001. "Critical Realism as a Basis for Economic Methodology: A critique," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(4), pages 483-501.
- Khan, Haider, 2005. "Friedman’s Methodology: A Puzzle and A Proposal for Generating Useful Debates through Causal Comparisons," MPRA Paper 7024, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2008.
- Stephan Klasen, 2008. "The Efficiency of Equity," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 257-274.
- Silva Lopes, Artur, 1994.
"A "hipótese das expectativas racionais": teoria e realidade (uma visita guiada à literatura até 1992)
[The "rational expectations hypothesis": theory and reality (a guided to," MPRA Paper 9699, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 23 Jul 2008.
- Paqué, Karl-Heinz, 1984. "How far is Vienna from Chicago? An essay on the methodology of two schools of dogmatic liberalism," Kiel Working Papers 209, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Yalcintas, Altug, 2013. "The Oomph in economic philosophy: a bibliometric analysis of the main trends, from the 1960s to the present," MPRA Paper 44191, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antonio Quesada, 2005. "Competitive markets and “as if” methodology," Microeconomics 0504003, EconWPA.
- Elba K. Brown-Collier, 1985. "Methodology and the Practice of Economics: A Critique of Patinkin's Interpretation of Keynes," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 373-383, Oct-Dec.
- van den Bergh, Jeroen C. J. M. & Ferrer-i-Carbonell, Ada & Munda, Giuseppe, 2000. "Alternative models of individual behaviour and implications for environmental policy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 43-61, January.
- Stanley C. W. Salvary, 2004. "Society, Science, And Economics: The Delicate Balance Between Ideology And Epistemology And The Concept Of Fairness," Method and Hist of Econ Thought 0412002, EconWPA.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.