Bosses of Different Stripes: A Cross-National Perspective on Monitoring and Supervision
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 84 (1994)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- James Jr., Harvey S., 1998. "Are employment and managerial control equivalent? Evidence from an electronics producer," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 36(4), pages 447-471, September.
- Gayle Allard, 2006. "Euro-productivity and euro-jobs since the 1960s: which institutions mattered?," Working Papers Economia wp06-22, Instituto de Empresa, Area of Economic Environment.
- Fali Huang & Peter Cappelli, 2007.
"Employee Screening : Theory and Evidence,"
Labor Economics Working Papers
22446, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Huang Fali & Peter Cappelli, 2006. "Employee Screening: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 11-2006, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Fali Huang & Peter Cappelli, 2006. "Employee Screening: Theory and Evidence," NBER Working Papers 12071, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fali Huang & Peter Cappelli, 2007. "Employee Screening: Theory and Evidence," Working Papers 09-2007, Singapore Management University, School of Economics.
- Fali Huang & Peter Cappelli, 2006. "Employee Screening : Theory and Evidence," Labor Economics Working Papers 22443, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Sarah Brown & Fathi Fakhfakh & John G. Sessions, .
"Wages, Supervision and Sharing,"
Discussion Papers in Public Sector Economics
00/4, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Andreas P. Georgiadis, 2006. "Is there a Wage-Supervision Trade-Off? Efficiency Wages Evidence From the 1990 British Workplace Industrial Relations Survey," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 06/152, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Samuel Bowles, 2000. "Globalization and Redistribution: Feasible Egalitarianism in a Competitive World," Working Papers wp34, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- Sessions, John G. & Theodoropoulos, Nikolaos, 2008.
"Tenure, Wage Profiles and Monitoring,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3307, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Raouf Boucekkine & Patricia Criffo & Claudio Mattalia, 2008.
"Technological progress, organizational change and the size of the Human Resources Department,"
2008_20, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Raouf BOUCEKKINE & Patricia, CRIFO & Claudio, MATTALIA, 2007. "Technological Progress, Organizational Change and the Size of the Human Resources Departement," Discussion Papers (ECON - DÃ©partement des Sciences Economiques) 2007047, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Raouf Boucekkine & Patricia Crifo & Claudio Mattalia, 2008. "Technological Progress, Organizational Change and the Size of the Human Resources Department," Working Papers hal-00240715, HAL.
- Samuel Bowles & Arjun Jayadev, 2004.
"Guard Labor: An Essay in Honor of Pranab Bardhan,"
UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers
2004-15, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Jayadev, Arjun & Bowles, Samuel, 2006. "Guard labor," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 328-348, April.
- Gayle Allard & Peter H. Lindert, 2006.
"Euro-Productivity and Euro-Jobs since the 1960s: Which Institutions Really Mattered?,"
NBER Working Papers
12460, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Lindert & Gayle Allard, 2006. "EURO-PRODUCTIVITY AND EURO-JOBS SINCE THE 1960s: WHICH INSTITUTIONS REALLY MATTERED?," Working Papers 619, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Ourania Karakosta & Nikos Tsakiris, 2009. "Indirect Tax Reforms and Public Goods under Imperfect Competition," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 5-2009, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Schaik, A.B.T.M. van & Groot, H.L.F. de, 1997. "Productivity and Unemployment in a Two-country Model with Endogenous Growth," Discussion Paper 1997-53, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Thibault Darcillon, 2012. "Do Interactions between Finance and Labor Market Institutions Affect Wage Distribution ?," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00768908, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.