Antidiscrimination Enforcement and the Problem of Patronization
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 83 (1993)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Ariane Szafarz, 2008.
"Labor market discrimination as an agency cost,"
DULBEA Working Papers
08-19.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Pierre-Guillaume Méon & Ariane Szafarz, 2011.
"The Modern Corporation as a Safe Haven for Taste-Based Discrimination: An Agency Model of Hiring Decisions,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/88635, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Méon, Pierre-Guillaume & Szafarz, Ariane, 2011. "The modern corporation as a safe haven for taste-based discrimination: An agency model of hiring decisions," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 487-497, August.
- Shelly Lundberg & Richard Startz, 1998.
"Inequality and Race: Models and Policy,"
Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington
0067, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Lundberg, S.J. & Startz, R., 1996. "Inequality and Race: Models and Policy," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 96-04, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Shelly Lundberg & Richard Startz, 1998. "Inequality and Race: Models and Policy," Working Papers 0067, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Lundberg, S.J. & Startz, R., 1996. "Inequality and Race: Models and Policy," Working Papers 96-04, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Balsa, Ana I. & McGuire, Thomas G., 2003. "Prejudice, clinical uncertainty and stereotyping as sources of health disparities," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 89-116, January.
- Fabel, Oliver & Pascalau, Razvan, 2007.
"Recruitment of Seemingly Overeducated Personnel: Insider-Outsider Effects on Fair Employee Selection Practices,"
7218, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oliver Fabel & Razvan Pascalau, 2013. "Recruitment of Seemingly Overeducated Personnel: Insider--Outsider Effects on Fair Employee Selection Practices," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(1), pages 57-82, February.
- Barr, Abigail & Oduro, Abena, 2002. "Ethnic fractionalization in an African labour market," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 355-379, August.
- Carvalho, Jean-Paul & Koyama, Mark, 2013. "Resisting Education," MPRA Paper 48048, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abigail Barr & Abena Oduro, 2000.
"Ethnicity and Wage Determination in Ghana,"
Economics Series Working Papers
WPS/2000-09, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Roland G. Fryer Jr. & Glenn C. Loury, 2005.
"Affirmative Action and Its Mythology,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 19(3), pages 147-162, Summer.
- Murat F. Iyigun & Andrew T. Levin, 1998.
"What determines public support for affirmative action?,"
International Finance Discussion Papers
620, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Murat F. Iyigun & Andrew T. Levin, 2003. "What Determines Public Support for Affirmative Action?," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 69(3), pages 612-627, January.
- Barr & Oduro, Abena, 2000. "Ethnicity and wage determination in Ghana," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2506, The World Bank.
- Jaewoo Ryoo, . ""Statistical Discrimination, Affirmative Action, and Mismatch''," CARESS Working Papres 95-06, University of Pennsylvania Center for Analytic Research and Economics in the Social Sciences.
- Stanley D. Longhofer & Stephen R. Peters, 1998. "Self-selection and discrimination in credit markets," Working Paper 9809, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Glenn C. Loury, 1998. "Discrimination in the Post-Civil Rights Era: Beyond Market Interactions," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(2), pages 117-126, Spring.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.