Horizontal Mergers: The 50-Percent Benchmark
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 80 (1990)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haufler, Andreas & Nielsen, Søren Bo, 2005.
"Merger Policy to Promote Global Players? A Simple Model,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
666, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Andreas Haufler & Søren Bo Nielsen, 2008. "Merger policy to promote 'global players'? A simple model," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(3), pages 517-545, July.
- Andreas Haufler & Søren Bo Nielsen, 2005. "Merger Policy to Promote ‘Global Players’? A Simple Model," CESifo Working Paper Series 1523, CESifo Group Munich.
- Nicolas Le Pape & Kai Zhao, 2010.
"Cost-saving or Cost-enhancing Mergers: the Impact of the Distribution of Roles in Oligopoly,"
- Nicolas Le Pape & Kai Zhao, 2010. "Cost-saving or Cost-enhancing Mergers: the Impact of the Distribution of Roles in Oligopoly," Papers 2010-18, TEPP Working Papers.
- H. Esfahani & L. Lambertini, 2011. "The Profitability of Small Horizontal Mergers with Nonlinear Demand Functions," Working Papers wp728, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Roman Inderst & Christian Wey, 2004.
"The Incentives for Takeover in Oligopoly,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
423, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Inderst, Roman & Wey, Christian, 2002. "The Incentives for Takeover in Oligopoly," CEPR Discussion Papers 3163, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roman Inderst & Christian Wey, 2001. "The Incentives for Takeover in Oligopoly," CIG Working Papers FS IV 01-24, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Christou, Charalambos & Kotseva, Rossitsa & Vettas, Nikolaos, 2007. "Pricing, Investments and Mergers with Intertemporal Capacity Constraints," CEPR Discussion Papers 6433, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jozsef Molnar, 2002.
"Preemptive Horizontal Mergers: Theory and Evidence,"
IEHAS Discussion Papers
0213, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Molnar, Jozsef, 2007. "Pre-emptive horizontal mergers: theory and evidence," Research Discussion Papers 17/2007, Bank of Finland.
- Chen, Jiawei, 2009.
"The effects of mergers with dynamic capacity accumulation,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 92-109, January.
- Jiawei Chen, 2006. "The Effects of Mergers with Dynamic Capacity Accumulation," Working Papers 060701, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics.
- BOCCARD, Nicolas, 2009. "On efficiency, concentration and welfare," CORE Discussion Papers 2009040, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Bernard Franck & Nicolas Le Pape, 2010.
"Bankruptcy Risk, Product Market Competition and Horizontal Mergers,"
2010-19, TEPP Working Papers.
- Bernard Franck & Nicolas Le Pape, 2010. "Bankruptcy Risk, Product Market Competition and Horizontal Mergers," Working Papers halshs-00812086, HAL.
- Marina Tsygankova, 2007. "When is Mighty Gazprom Good for Russia?," Discussion Papers 526, Research Department of Statistics Norway.
- Ramón Faulí-Oller & Joel Sandonís, 2001. "To Merge Or To License: Implications For Competition Policy," Working Papers. Serie AD 2001-05, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Louis Kaplow & Carl Shapiro, 2007.
NBER Working Papers
12867, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marco Marini & Giorgio Rodano, 2012. "Sequential vs Collusive Payoffs in Symmetric Duopoly Games," DIAG Technical Reports 2012-06, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.