Advertising and the Price and Quality of Optometric Services
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 74 (1984)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brekke, Kjell Arne & Rege, Mari, 2006. "Advertising as a Distortion of Social Learning," Memorandum 23/2006, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Joel Waldfogel & Jeffrey Milyo, 1999.
"The Effect of Price Advertising on Prices: Evidence in the Wake of 44 Liquormart,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1081-1096, December.
- Jeffrey Milyo & Joel Waldfogel, 1998. "The Effect of Price Advertising on Prices: Evidence in the Wake of 44 Liquormart," Discussion Papers Series, Department of Economics, Tufts University 9807, Department of Economics, Tufts University.
- Jeffrey Milyo & Joel Waldfogel, 1998. "The Effect of Price Advertising and Prices: Evidence in the Wake of 44 Liquormart," NBER Working Papers 6488, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hamilton, Stephen F. & Richards, Timothy J. & Stiegert, Kyle W., 2009. "How Does Advertising Affect Market Performance? The Case of Generic Advertising," 2009 Annual Meeting, July 26-28, 2009, Milwaukee, Wisconsin 49187, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Joel Waldfogel & Lu Chen, 2003. "Does Information Undermine Brand? Information Intermediary Use and Preference for Branded Web Retailers," NBER Working Papers 9942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Paton, 1998. "Who A dvertises Prices? A Firm Level Study Based on Survey Data," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(1), pages 57-75.
- Renato D.B. Gomes & João Manoel Pinho de Mello, 2006. "Non-price advertising and price competition: a theory, and evidence from the Brazilian beer market," Textos para discussÃ£o 525, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Genesove, David & Simhon, Avi, 2008. "Seasonality and the Effect of Advertising on Price," CEPR Discussion Papers 6999, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Zeynep K. Hansen & Marc T. Law, 2008.
"The Political Economy of Truth-in-Advertising Regulation during the Progressive Era,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(2), pages 251-269, 05.
- Zeynep Hansen & Marc T. Law, 2006. "The Political Economy of "Truth-in-Advertising" Regulation During the Progressive Era," NBER Working Papers 11927, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rauch, Ferdinand, 2013.
"Advertising expenditure and consumer prices,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 331-341.
- Gaynor, Martin, 1994.
"Issues in the Industrial Organization of the Market for Physician Services,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(1), pages 211-55, Spring.
- Martin Gaynor, 1994. "Issues in the Industrial Organization of the Market for Physician Services," NBER Working Papers 4695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Häring, Julia, 2005. "The Virtual Location of E-Tailers: Evidence from a B2C E-Commerce Market," ZEW Discussion Papers 05-52, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Austan Goolsbee, 2000. "Does the Internet Make Markets More Competitive?," NBER Working Papers 7996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brown, Jeffrey, 2000.
"Does the Internet Make Markets More Competitive? Evidence from the Life Insurance Industry,"
Working Paper Series
rwp00-007, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Austan Goolsbee, 2002. "Does the Internet Make Markets More Competitive? Evidence from the Life Insurance Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(3), pages 481-507, June.
- Massimo Motta, 1996.
Economics Working Papers
205, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jan 1997.
- Michael P. Stone, 2010.
"Optimal Attorney Advertising,"
2010-14, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Massimo Motta, 2013. "Advertising bans," SERIEs, Spanish Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 61-81, March.
- Ignatius Horstmann & Sridhar Moorthy, 2003. "Advertising Spending and Quality for Services: The Role of Capacity," Quantitative Marketing and Economics, Springer, vol. 1(3), pages 337-365, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.