The Substitution Bias of the Laspeyres Price Index: An Analysis Using Estimated Cost-of-Living Indexes
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 70 (1980)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Muller, Christophe, 2002. "Prices and living standards: evidence for Rwanda," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 187-203, June.
- Matthew D. Shapiro & David W. Wilcox, 1997.
"Alternative strategies for aggregating prices in the CPI,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 113-125.
- Matthew D. Shapiro & David W. Wilcox, 1999. "Alternative Strategies for Aggregating Prices in the CPI," NBER Working Papers 5980, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lieu, Pang-Tien & Liang, Jung-Hui & Chen, Jui-Hui, 2008. "Consumer preferences and cost of living in Taiwan," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(3), pages 224-235, June.
- Alexandru Voicu & Michael L. Lahr, 2004. "Expenditure-based Interarea Cost of Living Index," Urban/Regional 0403006, EconWPA.
- Cook, Jonathan Aaron, 2013. "Does Chinese Inflation Understate Cost of Living?," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 150571, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- R. A. Somerville, 2004. "Changes in Relative Consumer Prices and the Substitution Bias of the Laspeyres Price Index - Ireland, 1985-2001," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 35(1), pages 55-82.
- Michael J. Boskin, 1998. "Consumer Prices, the Consumer Price Index, and the Cost of Living," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 12(1), pages 3-26, Winter.
- Atuesta, Laura & Paredes, Araya, 2011. "A Spatial Cost of Living Index for Colombia using a Microeconomic Approach and Censored Data," MPRA Paper 30580, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carrascal Arranz, U. & Pérez Domínguez, C., 1998. "Peculiaridades de la demanda de la Tercera Edad en España. Elaboración de un índice de precios propio," Estudios de Economía Aplicada, Estudios de Economía Aplicada, vol. 10, pages 39-56, Diciembre.
- Dusan Paredes Araya & Victor Iturra Rivera, 2013.
"Substitution bias and the construction of a spatial cost of living index,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(1), pages 103-117, 03.
- Dusan Paredes & Víctor Iturra, 2011. "Substitution Bias and the Construction of a Spatial Cost of Living Index," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 13, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised May 2011.
- Hyun Son & Nanak Kakwani, 2006. "Measuring the impact of prices on inequality: With applications to Thailand and Korea," Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer, vol. 4(2), pages 181-207, August.
- Michael F. Bryan & Stephen G. Cecchetti, 1993.
"The Consumer Price Index as a Measure of Inflation,"
NBER Working Papers
4505, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael F. Bryan & Stephen G. Cecchetti, 1993. "The consumer price index as a measure of inflation," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Q IV, pages 15-24.
- Laura H. Atuesta & Dusan Paredes Araya, 2012.
"A spatial cost of living index for Colombia using a microeconomic approach and censored data,"
Applied Economics Letters,
Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 19(18), pages 1799-1805, December.
- Laura Atuesta & Dusan Paredes, 2011. "A Spatial cost of living index for Colombia using a microeconomic approach and censored data," Documentos de Trabajo en Economia y Ciencia Regional 14, Universidad Catolica del Norte, Chile, Department of Economics, revised May 2011.
- Christophe Muller, 2005.
"Poverty and inequality under income and price dispersions,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 38(3), pages 979-998, August.
- Christophe Muller, 2004. "Poverty And Inequality Under Income And Price Dispersions," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-35, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Gordon, Robert-J, 1999. "The Boskin Commission Report and Its Aftermath," Monetary and Economic Studies, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan, vol. 17(3), pages 41-68, December.
- Robert J. Gordon, 2000. "The Boskin Commission Report and its Aftermath," NBER Working Papers 7759, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marshall Reinsdorf & Jack E. Triplett, 2009. "A Review of Reviews: Ninety Years of Professional Thinking About the Consumer Price Index," NBER Chapters, in: Price Index Concepts and Measurement, pages 17-83 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Unayama, Takashi, 2004. "Upward bias in the consumer price index under the zero-inflation economy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 85(1), pages 139-144, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.