Layoffs and Alternatives under Trade Unions in U.S. Manufacturing
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 69 (1979)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Goerke, Laszlo & Pannenberg, Markus, 2010.
"Trade Union Membership and Dismissals,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5222, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Laszlo Goerke & Markus Pannenberg, 2010. "Trade Union Membership and Dismissals," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 324, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Laszlo Goerke & Markus Pannenberg, 2010. "Trade Union Membership and Dismissals," CESifo Working Paper Series 3196, CESifo Group Munich.
- Steven G Allen & Adriana Cassoni & Gastón J Labadie, 1996. "Wages and Employment After Reunionization in Uruguay," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 33(99), pages 277-294.
- Kim B. Clark & Lawrence H. Summers, 1984.
"Labor Force Participation: Timing and Persistence,"
NBER Working Papers
0977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clark, Kim B & Summers, Lawrence H, 1982. "Labour Force Participation: Timing and Persistence," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 49(5), pages 825-44, Special I.
- Yves Zénou & Gérard Ballot, 1992. "Appariement et rotation de la main-d'oeuvre : une analyse théorique et économétrique sur données de panel," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 102(1), pages 129-142.
- Patricia M. Anderson & Bruce D. Meyer, 1995.
"The Incidence of a Firm-Varying Payroll Tax: The Case of Unemployment Insurance,"
NBER Working Papers
5201, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Patricia M. Anderson & Bruce D. Meyer, . "The Incidence of a Firm-Varying Payroll Tax: The Case of Unemployment Insurance," IPR working papers 95-23, Institute for Policy Resarch at Northwestern University.
- Fligstein, Neil & Shin, Taek-Jin, 2007. "Shareholder Value and the Transformation of American Industries, 1984-2001," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt4r16k6j6, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Baffoe-Bonnie, John & Ezeala-Harrison, Fidelis, 2005. "Incidence and duration of unemployment spells: Implications for the male-female wage differentials," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(4-5), pages 824-847, September.
- Brown, J. David & Earle, John S., 2002.
"The Reallocation of Workers and Jobs in Russian Industry: New Evidence on Measures and Determinants,"
IZA Discussion Papers
564, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- J. David Brown & John S. Earle, . "The Reallocation of Workers and Jobs in Russian Industry: New Evidence on Measures and Determinants," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles jse20031, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- John S. Earle & J. David Brown, 2002. "The Reallocation of Workers and Jobs in Russian Industry: New Evidence on Measures and Determinants," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 02-83, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- J. David Brown & John S. Earle, 2002. "The Reallocation of Workers and Jobs in Russian Industry: New Evidence on Measures and Determinants," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 490, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Brown, J David & Earle, John S, 2002. "The Reallocation of Workers and Jobs in Russian Industry: New Evidence on Measures and Determinants," CEPR Discussion Papers 3663, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Steven G. Allen, 1988.
"Unions and Job Security in the Public Sector,"
in: When Public Sector Workers Unionize, pages 271-304
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Vanessa V Tinsley, 2003. "Firms and Layoffs: The Impact of Unionization on Involuntary Job Loss," Working Papers 03-09, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- James L. Medoff & Katharine G. Abraham, 1981. "Involuntary Terminations under Explicit and Implicit Employment Contracts," NBER Working Papers 0634, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Guang, Y., 1999. "Facing unemployment : urban layoffs and the way out in post-reform China (1993-1999) : an empirical and theoretical analysis," ISS Working Papers - General Series 19053, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Anderson, Patricia M. & Meyer, Bruce D., 1997. "The effects of firm specific taxes and government mandates with an application to the U.S. unemployment insurance program," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 119-145, August.
- Miles S. Kimball, 1989.
"Labor Market Dynamics When Unemployment Is A Worker Discipline Device,"
NBER Working Papers
2967, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kimball, Miles S, 1994. "Labor-Market Dynamics When Unemployment is a Worker Discipline Device," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 1045-59, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.