Constraints on Government Investment Opportunities and the Choice of Discount Rate
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 65 (1975)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Burgess, 2008. "Removing Some Dissonance From the Social Discount Rate Debate," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20082, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Michael Spackman, 2011. "Government discounting controversies: the valuation of social time preference," Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment Working Papers 68, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
- Mark D. Agee & Thomas D. Crocker, 2002. "On Techniques to Value the Impact of Environmental Hazards on Children's Health," NCEE Working Paper Series 200208, National Center for Environmental Economics, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, revised Sep 2002.
- Vito Tanzi & Howell H. Zee, 1996.
"Fiscal Policy and Long-Run Growth,"
IMF Working Papers
96/119, International Monetary Fund.
- Montmarquette, Claude & Dallaire, Claude, 1980.
"Le rendement des obligations provinciales et l’incertitude politique : une analyse de séries chronologiques,"
Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 56(3), pages 388-403, juillet-s.
- Montmarquette, C. & Dallaire, C., 1980. "Le Rendement des Obligations Provinciales et L'incertitude Politique: une Analyse de Series Chronologiques," Cahiers de recherche 8013, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Mark A. Moore & Anthony E. Boardman & Aidan R. Vining & David L. Weimer & David H. Greenberg, 2004. "“Just give me a number!” Practical values for the social discount rate," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 23(4), pages 789-812.
- Tubpun, Somnuk, 1979. "Shadow Wage Rate For Urban Public Project Evaluation In Thailand," Staff Papers 13797, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Christophe Chamley, 1984. "Optimal Taxation of Capital Income in Economies with Identical Private and Social Discount Rates," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 699, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Tapiero, Charles S. & Kogan, Konstantin, 2008. "Sustainable infrastructure investment with labor-only production," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 876-886, June.
- Heal, Geoffrey, 2005. "Intertemporal Welfare Economics and the Environment," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 21, pages 1105-1145 Elsevier.
- Jerry R. Green, 1977. "Notes on the Public Debt and Social Insurance," NBER Working Papers 0188, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- G. Hill, 1999. "Project Appraisal for the Keynesian Investment Planner," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 153-164, May.
- Jeffrey A. Kolb & Joel D. Scheraga, 1990. "Discounting the benefits and costs of environmental regulations," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(3), pages 381-390.
- Liu, Liqun, 2003. "A marginal cost of funds approach to multi-period public project evaluation: implications for the social discount rate," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(7-8), pages 1707-1718, August.
- Roger Gordon & Martin Dietz, 2006. "Dividends and Taxes," NBER Working Papers 12292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mareike Schad & Jürgen John, 2012. "Towards a social discount rate for the economic evaluation of health technologies in Germany: an exploratory analysis," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 127-144, April.
- Guadalupe Souto Nieves, 2003. "El descuento social," Hacienda Pública Española, IEF, vol. 165(2), pages 99-126, June.
- Brett Snyder, 1996. "EPA Guidelines for Regulatory Impact Analysis," Others 9602003, EconWPA.
- Azar, Christian & Sterner, Thomas, 1996. "Discounting and distributional considerations in the context of global warming," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 169-184, November.
- Liqun Liu, 2005. "The Multi-Period Cost-Benefit Rule with Mobile Capital and Distorted Labor," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 145-158, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.