Does Futures Trading Reduce Price Fluctuations in the Cash Markets?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by American Economic Association in its journal American Economic Review.
Volume (Year): 60 (1970)
Issue (Month): 3 (June)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jacks, David S., 2007. "Populists versus theorists: Futures markets and the volatility of prices," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 44(2), pages 342-362, April.
- Antoniou, Antonios & Koutmos, Gregory & Pericli, Andreas, 2005. "Index futures and positive feedback trading: evidence from major stock exchanges," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(2), pages 219-238, March.
- Irina Bilan, 2011. "Public Debt Developments In Eu Member States: Challenges And Solutions," Analele Stiintifice ale Universitatii "Alexandru Ioan Cuza" din Iasi - Stiinte Economice, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 2011, pages 57-69, july.
- Matteo Manera & Marcella Nicolini, 2013.
"Futures Price Volatility in Commodities Markets: The Role of Short Term vs Long Term Speculation,"
2013.45, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Matteo Manera & Marcella Nicolini & Ilaria Vignati, 2013. "Futures price volatility in commodities markets: The role of short term vs long term speculation," Working Papers 243, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised May 2013.
- Matteo Manera & Marcella Nicolini & Ilaria Vignati, 2013. "Futures price volatility in commodities markets: The role of short term vs long term speculation," DEM Working Papers Series 042, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- A. Chatrath & F. Song & B. Adrangi, 2003. "Futures trading activity and stock price volatility: some extensions," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(9), pages 655-664.
- Chatrath, Arjun & Ramchander, Sanjay & Song, Frank, 1998. "Speculative activity and stock market volatility," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 323-337, July.
- Levitin, Adam & Wachter, Susan, 2012. "Explaining the Housing Bubble," MPRA Paper 41920, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fleming, Jeff & Ostdiek, Barbara, 1999. "The impact of energy derivatives on the crude oil market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 135-167, April.
- Kasman, Adnan & Kasman, Saadet, 2008. "The impact of futures trading on volatility of the underlying asset in the Turkish stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 387(12), pages 2837-2845.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1997.
"Margin requirements, volatility, and market integrity: what have we learned since the crash?,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
1997-22, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Paul Kupiec, 1998. "Margin Requirements, Volatility, and Market Integrity: What Have We Learned Since the Crash?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 231-255, June.
- Paul H. Kupiec, 1997. "Margin Requirements, Volatility, and Market Integrity: What Have We Learned Since The Crash?," FMG Special Papers sp97, Financial Markets Group.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Jungshik Kim, 1999.
"The Big Players in the Foreign Exchange Market: Do They Trade on Information or Noise?,"
CID Working Papers
5, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Shang-Jin Wei & Jungshik Kim, 1997. "The Big Players in the Foreign Exchange Market: Do They Trade on Information or Noise?," NBER Working Papers 6256, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wei, S.J. & Kim, J., 1999. "The Big Players in the Foreign Exchange Market: Do They Trade on Information or Noise?," Papers 5, Chicago - Graduate School of Business.
- Karl E. Case & Robert J. Shiller & Allan N. Weiss, 1991. "Index-Based Futures and Options Markets in Real Estate," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1006, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Gray, Roger W. & Rutledge, David J.S., 1971. "The Economics of Commodity Futures Markets: A Survey," Review of Marketing and Agricultural Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 39(04), December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jane Voros) or (Michael P. Albert).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.