Report NEP-SOC-2011-04-30This is the archive for NEP-SOC, a report on new working papers in the area of Social Norms & Social Capital. Fabio Sabatini issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Antoci, Angelo & Sabatini, Fabio & Sodini, Mauro, 2011. "Economic Growth, Technical Progress, and Social Capital: the Inverted U Hypothesis," MPRA Paper 30326, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Francesca Cornaglia & Andrew Leigh, 2011. "Crime and Mental Wellbeing," CEP Discussion Papers, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE dp1049, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Tiago Freire & Vernon Henderson & Ari Kuncoro, 2011. "Volunteerism after the tsunami: democratization and aid," Working Papers, Brown University, Department of Economics 2011-8, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- L. Mauro & F. Pigliaru, 2011. "Social Capital, Institutions and Growth: Further Lessons from the Italian Regional Divide," Working Paper CRENoS, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia 201103, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Mujcic, Redzo & Frijters, Paul, 2011. "Altruism in Society: Evidence from a Natural Experiment Involving Commuters," IZA Discussion Papers 5648, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nikos Nikiforakis & Charles N. Noussair & Tom Wilkening, 2011. "Normative Conflict & Feuds: The Limits of Self-Enforcement," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series, The University of Melbourne 1120, The University of Melbourne.
- Kaiser, Ulrich & Kongsted, Hans Christian & Rønde, Thomas, 2011. "Labor Mobility, Social Network Effects, and Innovative Activity," IZA Discussion Papers 5654, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chen, Hung-Ju, 2011. "Social Status, Human Capital Formation and the Long-run Effects of Money," MPRA Paper 30253, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Herrmann-Pillath, Carsten, 2011. "A 'third culture' in economics? An essay on Smith, Confucius and the rise of China," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management 159, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Matteo Cervellati & Sunde, Uwe, 2011. "Democratization, Violent Social Conflicts, and Growth," Economics Working Paper Series, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science 1114, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Daniel M. Hungerman, 2011. "The Effect of Education on Religion: Evidence from Compulsory Schooling Laws," NBER Working Papers 16973, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Al-Ubaydli, Omar & Lee, Min, 2011. "Can tailored communications motivate volunteers? A field experiment," MPRA Paper 30343, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Torshizian, Eilya & Mehrara, Mohsen, 2011. "The effects of Economy, Values and Health on Happiness In Iran: the case of the Kish Island," MPRA Paper 30085, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Apr 2011.