Report NEP-POL-2013-09-26This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Matthias Fatke, 2013. "Allure or Alternative? Direct Democracy and Party Identification," University of Bern Social Sciences Working Papers 4, University of Bern, Department of Social Sciences.
- Geller, Chris R. & Mustard, Jamie & Shahwan, Ranya, 2013. "Focused power: Experiments, the Shapley-Shubik power index, and focal points," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-42, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Christian Ebeke & Dilan Ã–lÃ§er, 2013. "Fiscal Policy over the Election Cycle in Low-Income Countries," IMF Working Papers 13/153, International Monetary Fund.
- De Donder, Philippe & Pestieau, Pierre, 2013. "Private, social and self-insurance for long-term care in the presence of family help: A political economy analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 9587, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- John S L McCombie & Marta Spreafico, 2013. "Can only democracies enhance “Human Development”? Evidence from the Former Soviet Countries," DISCE - Quaderni dell'Istituto di Politica Economica ispe0066, Università Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Dipartimenti e Istituti di Scienze Economiche (DISCE).
- Burgess, Robin & Jedwab, Remi & Miguel, Edward & Morjaria, Ameet & Padró i Miquel, Gerard, 2013. "The Value of Democracy: Evidence from Road Building in Kenya," CEPR Discussion Papers 9627, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jain, Sanjay & Majumdar, Sumon & Mukand, Sharun, 2013. "Walk the Line: Conflict, State Capacity and the Political Dynamics of Reform," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 155, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Lorenzo E. Bernal-Verdugo & Davide Furceri & Dominique M. Guillaume, 2013. "The Dynamic Effect of Social and Political Instability on Output: The Role of Reforms," IMF Working Papers 13/91, International Monetary Fund.
- Léonce Ndikumana, 2013. "Overcoming Low Political Equilibrium in Africa: Institutional Changes for Inclusive Development," Working Papers wp331, Political Economy Research Institute, University of Massachusetts at Amherst.
- William W. Olney, 2013. "Impact of Corruption on Firm Level Export Decisions," Department of Economics Working Papers 2013-04, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Merkle, Geesche Marie & Ihle, Rico & Liebe, Ulf, 2013. "Economic Cooperation Despite of Political Conflict: The Role of Social Embeddedness in Israeli-Palestinian Food Trade," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156212, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).