Report NEP-POL-2012-09-09This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Yair Tauman & Artyom Jelnov, 2012. "Voting Power and Proportional Representation of Voters," Department of Economics Working Papers 12-04, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Carter & John Morrow, 2012. "Left, Right, Left: Income Dynamics And The Evolving Political Preferences Of Forward-Looking Bayesian Voters," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 034, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Rebecca B. Morton & Marco Piovesan & Jean-Robert Tyran, 2012. "The Dark Side of the Vote - Biased Voters, Social Information, and Information Aggregation Through Majority Voting," Discussion Papers 12-08, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Robin Burgess & Matthew Hansen & Benjamin Olken & Peter Potapov & Stefanie Sieber, 2012. "The Political Economy of Deforestation in the Tropics," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 037, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Russell H. Hillberry, William D. Anderson, 2012. "From Policy Preferences to Partisan Support: A Quantitative Assessment of Political Culture in South Dakota," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1156, The University of Melbourne.
- Maria De Paola & Vincenzo Scoppa & Marco Alberto De Benedetto, 2012. "The Impact of Gender Quotas on Electoral Participation: Evidence from Italian Municipalities," Working Papers 201206, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza (Ex Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica).
- Klumpp, Tilman & Mialon, Hugo & Williams, Michael, 2012. "Money Talks: The Impact of Citizens United on State Elections," Working Papers 2012-18, University of Alberta, Department of Economics, revised 01 Sep 2012.
- Tiiu Paas & Vivika Halapuu, 2012. "Determinants Of People’S Attitudes Towards Immigrants In Europe," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 88, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Kohei Daido & Ken Tabata, 2012. "Public Infrastructures, Production Organizations, and Economic Development," Discussion Paper Series 93, School of Economics, Kwansei Gakuin University, revised Aug 2012.