Report NEP-POL-2011-08-15This is the archive for NEP-POL, a report on new working papers in the area of Positive Political Economics. Eugene Beaulieu issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Melvin Stephens Jr., 2011. "Employment, Wages and Voter Turnout," NBER Working Papers 17270, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Burton A. Abrams & James L. Butkiewicz, 2011. "The Political Business Cycle: New Evidence from the Nixon Tapes," Working Papers, University of Delaware, Department of Economics 11-05, University of Delaware, Department of Economics.
- Schmitz, Patrick W. & TrÃ¶ger, Thomas, 2011. "The (sub-)optimality of the majority rule," MPRA Paper 32716, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sinning, Mathias & Vorell, Matthias, 2011. "There Goes the Neighborhood? People’s Attitudes and the Effects of Immigration to Australia," IZA Discussion Papers 5883, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Van Eck, Lisa, 2010. "Social Democracy and the â€œDevelopmental Stateâ€ as Development Alternatives for South Africa," Honours Students' Projects 2010, Rhodes University, Department of Economics and Economic History 107457, Rhodes University, Department of Economics and Economic History.
- Christopher Kilby, 2011. "The Political Economy of Project Preparation: An Empirical Analysis of World Bank Projects," Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics Working Paper Series, Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics 14, Villanova School of Business Department of Economics and Statistics.
- Ponticelli, Jacopo & Voth, Hans-Joachim, 2011. "Austerity and Anarchy: Budget Cuts and Social Unrest in Europe, 1919-2008," CEPR Discussion Papers, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers 8513, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Raghuram G. Rajan & Rodney Ramcharan, 2011. "Constituencies and Legislation: The Fight over the McFadden Act of 1927," NBER Working Papers 17266, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.