Report NEP-PBE-2009-01-31This is the archive for NEP-PBE, a report on new working papers in the area of Public Economics. Oliver Budzinski issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Geys Benny & Revelli Federico, 2009. "Decentralization, competition and the local tax mix: Evidence from Flanders," Department of Economics and Statistics Cognetti de Martiis. Working Papers 200902, University of Turin.
- Itaya, Jun-ichi & Okamura, Makoto & Yamaguchi, Chikara, 2008. "Partial Tax Coordination in a Repeated Game Setting," Discussion paper series. A 201, Graduate School of Economics and Business Administration, Hokkaido University.
- James R. Hines, Jr. & Lawrence H. Summers, 2009. "How Globalization Affects Tax Design," NBER Working Papers 14664, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Munro, Alistair & Valente, Marieta, 2008. "Green goods: are they good or bad news for the environment? Evidence from a laboratory experiment on impure public goods," MPRA Paper 13024, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Jan 2009.
- Dietz Vollrath, 2008. "Wealth Distribution and the Provision of Public Goods: Evidence from the United States," Working Papers 2008-04, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
- Hoel , Michael, 2008. "Environmental Taxes in an Economy with Distorting Taxes and a Heterogeneous Population," Memorandum 04/2008, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Ronald B. Davies and Johannes Voget, 2009. "Tax Competition in an Expanding European Union," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp276, IIIS.
- Stefan Voigt & Lorenz Blume, 2009. "The Economic Effects of Federalism and Decentralization – A Cross-Country Assessment," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200905, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Serra Garcia, M. & Damme, E.E.C. van & Potters, J.J.M., 2008. "Truth or Efficiency? Communication in a Sequential Public Good Game (Replaced by DP 2010-80)," Discussion Paper 2008-107, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Libman, Alexander, 2009. "Russian federalism and post-Soviet integration: Divergence of development paths," MPRA Paper 12944, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Phelan, 2009. "State Reputation as a Public Good," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp275, IIIS.
- Nyborg, Karine, 2008. "I Don't Want to Hear About it: Rational Ignorance among Duty-Oriented Consumers," Memorandum 15/2008, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Carlos Scartascini & Ernesto Stein & Mariano Tommasi, 2008. "Political Institutions, State Capabilities and Public Policy - International Evidence," Research Department Publications 4608, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Hans Agné, 2008. "We the People and the Others: The Co-founding of Democratic States," The Constitutionalism Web-Papers p0034, University of Bath, Department of European Studies and Modern Languages.
- Stefan Voigt, 2009. "Does Arbitration Blossom when State Courts are Bad?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200906, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- De Waegenaere, A.M.B. & Wielhouwer, J.L., 2008. "Dynamic Tax Depreciation Strategies," Discussion Paper 2008-87, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Torrisi, Gianpiero, 2009. "Public infrastructure: definition, classification and measurement issues," MPRA Paper 12990, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rongili Biswas & Sugata Marjit & Velayoudom Marimoutou, 2009. "Fiscal Federalism, State Lobbying and Discretionary Finance in India," Working Papers id:1842, eSocialSciences.