Report NEP-MIG-2010-03-06This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Robert Kaestner & Ofer Malamud, 2010. "Self-Selection and International Migration: New Evidence from Mexico," NBER Working Papers 15765, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michaelides, Marios, 2009. "The effect of local ties, wages, and housing costs on migration decisions," MPRA Paper 20379, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Rabe, Birgitta & Taylor, Mark P., 2010. "Differences in opportunities? Wage, unemployment and house-price effects on migration," ISER Working Paper Series 2010-05, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
- Lisa Chauvet & Flore Gubert & Sandrine Mesplé-Somps, 2009. "Are Remittances More Effective Than Aid To Reduce Child Mortality? An Empirical Assessment using Inter and Intra-Country Data," Working Papers, DIAL (DÃ©veloppement, Institutions et Mondialisation) DT/2009/11, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Cristina Cattaneo, 2010. "Migrants’ International Transfers and Educational Expenditure: Empirical Evidence from Albania," Working Papers, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei 2010.1, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- William R. Kerr & William F. Lincoln, 2010. "The Supply Side of Innovation: H-1B Visa Reforms and US Ethnic Invention," NBER Working Papers 15768, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rabby, Faisal & Rodgers III, William M., 2010. "The Impact of 9/11 and the London Bombings on the Employment and Earnings of U.K. Muslims," IZA Discussion Papers 4763, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Alberto F. Alesina & Yann Algan & Pierre Cahuc & Paola Giuliano, 2010. "Family Values and the Regulation of Labor," NBER Working Papers 15747, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stichnoth, Holger, 2010. "Does immigration weaken natives' support for the welfare state? Evidence from Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers, ZEW - Zentrum fÃ¼r EuropÃ¤ische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research 10-008, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.