Report NEP-HPE-2011-04-09This is the archive for NEP-HPE, a report on new working papers in the area of History & Philosophy of Economics. Erik Thomson issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- William McColloch, 2011. "Marx’s Appreciation of James Steuart: A Theory of History and Value," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2011_09, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Kirsten Ford, 2011. "The Veblenian Roots of Institutional Political Economy," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2011_07, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- L. Randall Wray, 2011. "The Financial Crisis Viewed from the Perspective of the “Social Costs” Theory," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_662, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Kirchgässner, Gebhard, 2011. "Kaderschmieden der Wirtschaft und/oder Universitäten? Der Auftrag der Wirtschaftsuniversitäten und -fakultäten im 21. Jahrhundert," Economics Working Paper Series 1107, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Nathaniel Cline & William McColloch & Kirsten Ford, 2011. "An Aristotelian View of Marx’s Method," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2011_08, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- Simon Halliday, 2011. "Rarer Actions: Giving and Taking in Third-Party Punishment Games," Working Papers 211, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- L. Randall Wray, 2011. "Minsky's Money Manager Capitalism and the Global Financial Crisis," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_661, Levy Economics Institute, The.
- Luis Miller & Heiko Rauhut & Fabian Winter, 2011. "The emergence of norms from conflicts over just distributions," Jena Economic Research Papers 2011-018, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, Max-Planck-Institute of Economics.
- James C. Cox & Elinor Ostrom & James M. Walker, 2011. "Bosses and Kings: Asymmetric Power in Paired Common Pool and Public Good Games," Experimental Economics Center Working Paper Series 2011-06, Experimental Economics Center, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University, revised Aug 2012.
- Souza, Luiz Eduardo Simões de, 2010.
"Breve ou Longo? Um estudo comparativo entre as contribuições de Hobsbawm e Arrighi para a interpretação da História Econômica do século XX
[Short or Long? A comparative study on the contribu," MPRA Paper 29923, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sheng Guo & Jungmin Lee, 2011. "Keeping Up With Fashion: Recent Trends in the Subfields of Study of Doctoral Students in Economics," Working Papers 1101, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Mathilde Almlund & Angela Lee Duckworth & James J. Heckman & Tim D. Kautz, 2011. "Personality Psychology and Economics," NBER Working Papers 16822, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mario Morroni, 2010. "Overcoming Cournot's dilemma on increasing returns and competition," Discussion Papers 2010/108, Dipartimento di Economia e Management (DEM), University of Pisa, Pisa, Italy.
- John Quiggin, 2010. "Economics as a Social Science: Financial Regulation After The Crisis," Risk & Uncertainty Working Papers WPR10_4, Risk and Sustainable Management Group, University of Queensland.
- Hauke Brunkhorst, 2011. "Cosmopolitanism and Democratic Freedom," RECON Online Working Papers Series 9, RECON.
- Matteus Joffily & David Masclet & Charles Noussair & Marie Claire Villeval, 2011. "Emotions, Sanctions and Cooperation," Post-Print halshs-00581163, HAL.
- Changxia Ke & Kai A. Konrad & Florian Morath, 2011. "Brothers in Arms - An Experiment on the Alliance Puzzle," Working Papers brothers_in_arms, Max Planck Institute for Tax Law and Public Finance.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S. & Abrevaya, Jason, 2011. ""Beauty Is the Promise of Happiness"?," IZA Discussion Papers 5600, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hammond, Peter J. & Liberini, Federica & Proto, Eugenio, 2011. "Individual Welfare and Subjective Well-Being : Commentary Inspired by Sacks, Stevenson and Wolfers," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 957, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- William Poole & Robert H. Rasche & David C. Wheelock, 2011. "The Great Inflation: Did the Shadow Know Better?," NBER Working Papers 16910, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grundel, S. & Borm, P.E.M. & Hamers, H.J.M., 2011. "A Compromise Stable Extension of Bankruptcy Games: Multipurpose Resource Allocation," Discussion Paper 2011-029, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.