Report NEP-HIS-2009-12-19This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Lars Fredrik Øksendal, 2009. "The origins of a paper money economy - the case of Norway," Working Paper 2009/25, Norges Bank.
- de la Escosura, Leandro Prados, 2009. "Spain's International Position, 1850-1913," CEPR Discussion Papers 7591, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dirk Bethmann & Michael Kvasnicka, 2009. "Why Are More Boys Born During War? - Evidence from Germany at Mid Century," Ruhr Economic Papers 0154, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Funk, Matt, 2009. "On the Problem of Economic Power: Lessons from the Natural History of the Hawaiian Archipelago," MPRA Paper 19371, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hugh Rockoff, 2009. "Upon Daedalian Wings of Paper Money: Adam Smith and the Crisis of 1772," NBER Working Papers 15594, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gilbert Cette & Yusuf Kocoglu & Jacques Mairesse, 2009. "Productivity Growth and Levels in France, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States in the Twentieth Century," NBER Working Papers 15577, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo & Harold James, 2009. "The Great Depression Analogy," NBER Working Papers 15584, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Durand, Jorge, 2009. "Processes of Migration in Latin America and the Caribbean (1950-2008)," MPRA Paper 19207, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alfredo Gigliobianco (editor) & Gianni Toniolo (editor), 2009. "Financial market regulation in the wake of financial crises: the historical experience," Workshop and Conferences 1, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Liam Delaney & Mark McGovern & James P Smith, 2009. "From Angela’s Ashes to the Celtic Tiger: Early Life Conditions and Adult Health in Ireland," Working Papers 200929, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Grancay, Martin, 2009. "The role of national/regional identity in aircraft ordering," MPRA Paper 19043, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John Landon-Lane & Hugh Rockoff & Richard H. Steckel, 2009. "Droughts, Floods and Financial Distress in the United States," NBER Working Papers 15596, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anderson, Kym, 2009. "Krueger/Schiff/Valdés Revisited: Agricultural Price and Trade Policy Reform in Developing Countries since 1960," CEPR Discussion Papers 7601, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Pierre van der Eng, 2009. "Market Responses to Climate Stress: Rice in Java in the 1930s," ANU Working Papers in Economics and Econometrics 2009-509, Australian National University, College of Business and Economics, School of Economics.
- Funk, Matt, 2009. "On the Travesty of the Tragedy of the Commons: Hardin's Nontrivial Error," MPRA Paper 19203, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Efrem Castelnuovo, 2009. "Estimating the Evolution of Money's Role in the U.S. Monetary Business Cycle," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0103, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Fagerberg, Jan & Mowery, David C & Verspagen, Bart, 2009. "The evolution of Norway’s national innovation system," MPRA Paper 19330, University Library of Munich, Germany.