Report NEP-FOR-2013-11-02This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Nicolaas van der Wath, 2013. "Comparing the BER’s forecasts," Working Papers 23/2013, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Laura Veldkamp & Anna Orlik, 2013. "Understanding Uncertainty Shocks," 2013 Meeting Papers, Society for Economic Dynamics 391, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Steven L. Scott & Hal R. Varian, 2013. "Bayesian Variable Selection for Nowcasting Economic Time Series," NBER Working Papers 19567, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jennifer Castle & David Hendry, 2013. "Forecasting and Nowcasting Macroeconomic Variables: A Methodological Overview," Economics Series Working Papers, University of Oxford, Department of Economics 674, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- He, Xue-Zhong & Treich, Nicolas, 2013. "Heterogeneous Beliefs and Prediction Market Accuracy," LERNA Working Papers, LERNA, University of Toulouse 13.05.392, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- Liebl, Dominik, 2013. "Modeling and Forecasting Electricity Spot Prices: A Functional Data Perspective," MPRA Paper 50881, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John C Bluedorn & JÃ¶rg Decressin & Marco Terrones, 2013. "Do Asset Price Drops Foreshadow Recessions?," IMF Working Papers, International Monetary Fund 13/203, International Monetary Fund.
- Jean Guillaume Forand & Vikram Maheshri, 2013. "A Dynamic Duverger's Law," Working Papers, Department of Economics, University of Houston 2013-295-05, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
- Thomas Bury, 2013. "Predicting trend reversals using market instantaneous state," Papers, arXiv.org 1310.8169, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2014.
- Monique Reid & Gideon du Rand, 2013. "A sticky information Phillips curve for South Africa," Working Papers 22/2013, Stellenbosch University, Department of Economics.
- Andrew E. Clark & Francesca Cornaglia & Richard Layard & Nattavudh Powdthavee & James Vernoit, 2013. "What Predicts a Successful Life? A Life-Course Model of Well-Being," CEP Discussion Papers, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE dp1245, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.