Report NEP-FOR-2013-05-11This is the archive for NEP-FOR, a report on new working papers in the area of Forecasting. Rob J Hyndman issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Nazarian, Rafik & Gandali Alikhani, Nadiya & Naderi, Esmaeil & Amiri, Ashkan, 2013. "Forecasting Stock Market Volatility: A Forecast Combination Approach," MPRA Paper 46786, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lehmann, Robert & Wohlrabe, Klaus, 2013. "Sectoral gross value-added forecasts at the regional level: Is there any information gain?," MPRA Paper 46765, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bent Flyvbjerg, 2013. "Delusions of Success: Comment on Dan Lovallo and Daniel Kahneman," Papers 1305.0741, arXiv.org.
- Boonsoo Koo & Myung Hwan Seo, 2013. "Structural-break models under mis-specification: implications for forecasting," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 11/13, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Gianni Di Pillo & Vittorio Latorre & Stefano Lucidi & Enrico Procacci, 2013. "An application of learning machines to sales forecasting under promotions," DIAG Technical Reports 2013-04, Department of Computer, Control and Management Engineering, Universita' degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza".
- He, Xue-Zhong & Treich, Nicolas, 2012. "Heterogeneous Beliefs and Prediction Market Accuracy," TSE Working Papers 13-394, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- E. Yong Song & Chen Zhao, 2012. "Does Specialization Matter for Trade Imbalance at Industry Level?," Working Papers 1210, Research Institute for Market Economy, Sogang University.
- Joshua Elliot & Michael Glotter & Neil Best & Ken Boote & Jim Jones & Jerry Hatfield & Cynthia Rozenweig & Leonard A. Smith & Ian Foster, 2013. "Predicting agricultural impacts of large-scale drought: 2012 and the case for better modeling," Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment Working Papers 111, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.