Report NEP-EDU-2011-08-29This is the archive for NEP-EDU, a report on new working papers in the area of Education. Joao Carlos Correia Leitao issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Elisabetta Gentile & Scott A. Imberman, 2011. "Dressed for Success? The Effect of School Uniforms on Student Achievement and Behavior," NBER Working Papers 17337, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harmon, Colm P., 2011. "Economic Returns to Education: What We Know, What We Don't Know, and Where We Are Going – Some Brief Pointers," IZA Policy Papers 29, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thomas K. Bauer & Stefan Bender & Alfredo R. Paloyo & Christoph M. Schmidt, 2011. "Do Guns Displace Books? – The Impact of Compulsory Military Service on Educational Attainment," Ruhr Economic Papers 0260, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Item repec:aia:aiaswp:wp108 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Sam Hill & Thomas Chalaux, 2011. "Improving Access and Quality in the Indian Education System," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 885, OECD Publishing.
- Joshua D. Angrist & Parag A. Pathak & Christopher R. Walters, 2011. "Explaining Charter School Effectiveness," NBER Working Papers 17332, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Toivanen, Otto & Väänänen, Lotta, 2011. "Education and Invention," CEPR Discussion Papers 8537, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Luis Fernando Gamboa & Fábio D. Waltenberg, 2011. "Inequality of opportunity in educational achievement in Latin America: Evidence from PISA 2006-2009," Working Papers 206, ECINEQ, Society for the Study of Economic Inequality.
- Item repec:idb:brikps:8693 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Diego Ubfal & Alessandro Maffioli, 2010. "The Impact of Funding on Research Collaboration: Evidence from Argentina," IDB Publications 9395, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Justino, Patricia & Leone, Marinella & Salardi, Paola, 2011. "Education and conflict recovery : the case of Timor Leste," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5774, The World Bank.
- Paola Bertolini & Valentina Toscano & Linda Tosarelli, 2011. "Schools choices of foreign youth in Italian territorial areas," Center for the Analysis of Public Policies (CAPP) 0087, Universita di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Dipartimento di Economia Politica.
- David Johnston & Propper, Carol & Pudney, Stephen & Shields, Michael, 2011. "Child mental health and educational attainment: multiple observers and the measurement error problem," ISER Working Paper Series 2011-20, Institute for Social and Economic Research.