Report NEP-DEV-2013-09-13This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Jacob A. Jordaan issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Elbers, Chris & Gunning, Jan Willem, 2013. "Evaluation of development programs : randomized controlled trials or regressions ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6587, The World Bank.
- Emiliano Magrini & Pierluigi Montalbano & Silvia Nenci, 2013. "Are the EU trade preferences really effective? A Generalized Propensity Score evaluation of the Southern Mediterranean Countries' case in agriculture and fishery," Working Papers 2/13, Sapienza University of Rome, DISS.
- Aparna Mathur & Sita Nataraj Slavov, 2013. "Empowering women through employment, earnings and wealth in India," Working Papers 38694, American Enterprise Institute.
- Hansen, Marc, 2013. "Aid's Incomplete Trial: reconsidering the aid-growth paradigm in the macro aid effectiveness literature," IEE Working Papers 200, Institut fuer Entwicklungsforschung und Entwicklungspolitik, Ruhr-Universitaet Bochum.
- Spolaore, Enrico & Wacziarg, Romain, 2013. "Long-Term Barriers to Economic Development," CAGE Online Working Paper Series 148, Competitive Advantage in the Global Economy (CAGE).
- Bilgili, Özge, 2013. "The links between economic integration and remittances behaviour of migrants in the Netherlands," UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series 037, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Randall Blair & Kenneth Fortson & Joanne Lee & Anu Rangarajan, 2013. "Should Foreign Aid Fund Agricultural Training? Evidence from Armenia," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 7879, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Sofia Karina Trommlerová & Stephan Klasen & Ortrud Lessmann, 2013. "Determinants of Empowerment in a Capability Based Poverty Approach: Evidence from The Gambia," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 147, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Ariel BenYishay & A. Mushfiq Mobarak, 2013. "Communicating with Farmers through Social Networks," Working Papers 1030, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Azam, Jean-Paul & Thelen, Véronique, 2013. "The Geo-Politics of Foreign Aid and Transnational Terrorism," IDEI Working Papers 792, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Ghani, Ejaz & O'Connell, Stephen D. & Sharma, Gunjan, 2013. "Friend or foe or family ? a tale of formal and informal plants in India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6588, The World Bank.
- Narula, Rajneesh & Prasad Kodiyat, Tiju, 2013. "The growth of outward FDI and the competitiveness of the underlying economy: the case of India," UNU-MERIT Working Paper Series 042, United Nations University, Maastricht Economic and social Research and training centre on Innovation and Technology.
- Sapkota, Jeet Bahadur & Shiratori, Sakiko, 2013. "Achieving the Millennium Development Goals:Lessons for Post-2015 New Development Strategies," Working Papers 62, JICA Research Institute.
- Li, Jun, 2013. "Foreign aid, urbanization and green cities," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Shimada, Go, 2013. "The Economic Implications Of Comprehensive Approach To Learning On Industrial Development (Policy And Managerial Capability Learning):," Working Papers 1001, JICA Research Institute.
- Hosono, Akio, 2013. "Industrial Strategy And Economic Transformation:," Working Papers 1002, JICA Research Institute.
- David McKenzie & Emily Beam & Dean Yang, 2013. "Unilateral Facilitation Does Not Raise International Labor Migration from the Philippines," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 1319, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.