Report NEP-DEV-2012-09-09This is the archive for NEP-DEV, a report on new working papers in the area of Development. Mark Lee issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Wen Fan & Yuanyuan Ma, 2012. "Estimating the External Returns to Education: Evidence from China," Working Papers 201220, School Of Economics, University College Dublin.
- Tu Lan & John Pickles, 2012. "China’s New Labour Contract Law: State Regulation and Worker Rights in Global Production Networks," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2011-05, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Dev Nathan & Sandip Sarkar, 2012. "Global inequality, rising powers and labour standards," Brooks World Poverty Institute Working Paper Series ctg-2012-09, BWPI, The University of Manchester.
- Luca Tiberti & Marco Tiberti, 2012. "Rural Policies and Poverty in Tanzania: an Agricultural Household Model-Based Assessment," Cahiers de recherche 1229, CIRPEE.
- Moreno, Antonio & Alvarez-Rosete. Arturo & Nunez, Ricardo Luque & del Carmen Moreno Chavez, Teresa & Rodriguez-Garcia, Rosalia & Montenegro, Fernando & Moreno, Luis Angel & Suarez Lissi, Alejandra & C, 2012. "Evidence-based implementation efficiency analysis of the HIV/AIDS national response in Colombia," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6182, The World Bank.
- Fox, Louise & Sohnesen , Thomas Pave, 2012. "Household enterprises in Sub-Saharan Africa : why they matter for growth, jobs, and livelihoods," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6184, The World Bank.
- Todd, Petra E., 2012. "Effectiveness of interventions aimed at improving women's employability and quality of work : a critical review," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6189, The World Bank.
- Arndt, Channing & Farmer, William & Strzepek, Kenneth & Thurlow, James, 2012. "Climate change, agriculture and food security in Tanzania," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6188, The World Bank.
- Mazhar MUGHAL & Amar Iqbal ANWAR, 2012. "Remittances, Inequality and Poverty in Pakistan: Macro and Microeconomic Evidence," Working Papers 2012-2013_2, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Aug 2012.
- Timothy Besley & Marta Reynal-Querol, 2012. "The Legacy of Historical Conflict Evidence from Africa," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 036, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Sanghamitra Bandyopadhyay & Elliott Green, 2012. "Pre-Colonial Political Centralization and Contemporary Development in Uganda," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 039, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Eduardo Zilberman & Tiago Berriel, 2012. "Targeting the Poor: A Macroeconomic Analysis of Cash Transfer Programs," Textos para discussÃ£o 598, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Daniel R.C. Cerqueira & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2012. "The Welfare Cost of Homicides in Brazil: Accounting for Heterogeneity in the Willingness to Pay for Mortality Reductions," Textos para discussÃ£o 600, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Laura Chioda & João Manoel Pinho de Mello & Rodrigo R. Soares, 2012. "Spillovers from Conditional Cash Transfer Programs:Bolsa Família and Crime in Urban Brazil," Textos para discussÃ£o 599, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Chaudhuri, Sarbajit & Mukhopadhyay, Ujjaini, 2012. "Is Direct FDI in Healthcare Desirable in a Developing Economy?," MPRA Paper 41007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Metaxas, Theodore & Kechagia, Polyxeni, 2012. "F.D.I. through the imitation procedure The case of China: A Note," MPRA Paper 40886, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eva O. Arceo-Gomez & Rema Hanna & Paulina Oliva, 2012. "Does the Effect of Pollution on Infant Mortality Differ Between Developing and Developed Countries? Evidence from Mexico City," NBER Working Papers 18349, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Costas Meghir & Renata Narita & Jean-Marc Robin, 2012. "Wages and Informality in Developing Countries," NBER Working Papers 18347, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.