Report NEP-ARA-2010-06-04This is the archive for NEP-ARA, a report on new working papers in the area of MENA - Middle East & North Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Cizakca, Murat, 2010. "Was Shari'ah indeed the culprit?," MPRA Paper 22865, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hanif, M. Nadim & Sheikh, Salman, 2009. "Central banking and monetary management in islamic financial environment," MPRA Paper 22907, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 25 May 2010.
- Hussein, Kassim, 2010. "Bank level stability factors and consumer confidence – a comparative study of Islamic and conventional banks’ product mix," MPRA Paper 21800, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Seker, Murat & Correa, Paulo Guilherme, 2010. "Obstacles to growth for small and medium enterprises in Turkey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5323, The World Bank.
- Leonardo Becchetti & Nada Kobeissi, 2010. "Role of Governance and Institutional Environment in Affecting Cross Border M&As, Alliances and Project Financing: Evidence from Emerging Markets," CEIS Research Paper 156, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 28 May 2010.
- Nikos Christofis & Christos Kollias & Stephanos Papadamou & Apostolos Stagiannis, 2010. "Terrorism and Capital Markets: The Effects of the Istanbul Bombings," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 31, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Stelios Michalopoulos & Alireza Naghavi & Giovanni Prarolo, 2010. "Trade and geography in the economic origins of Islam: theory and evidence," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 046, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics.
- Martin Mullins & John Garvey, 2010. "Radical Islamic Terrorism in the Middle East and Its Direct Costs on Western Financial Markets," Economics of Security Working Paper Series 35, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.