Report NEP-AFR-2011-03-05This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Paul Cahu & Falilou Fall, 2011. "Accounting for the Effects of AIDS on Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 11009, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Marcus Böhme & Rainer Thiele, 2011. "Is the Informal Sector Constrained from the Demand Side? Evidence for Six West African Capitals," Kiel Working Papers 1683, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Mugera, Amin W. & Ojede, Andrew, 2011. "Agricultural Productivity Growth in Africa: Is Efficiency Catching-up or Lagging Behind?," 2011 Conference (55th), February 8-11, 2011, Melbourne, Australia 100687, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Roula Inglesi-Lotz & James Blignaut, 2011. "Electricity Intensities of the OECD and South Africa: A Comparison," Working Papers 201106, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Quamrul Ashraf & Oded Galor, 2010. "The "Out of Africa" Hypothesis, Human Genetic Diversity, and Comparative Economic Development," Center for Development Economics 2010-03, Department of Economics, Williams College, revised Jun 2011.
- Roula Inglesi-Lotz & James Blignaut, 2011. "South Africa's Electricity Consumption: A Sectoral Decomposition Analysis," Working Papers 201105, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Niek J. Schoeman, 2011. "Fiscal Performance and Sustainability of Local Government in South Africa — An Empirical Analysis," Working Papers 201104, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Mignouna, D.B. & Mutabazi, K.D.S. & Senkondo, E.M. & Manyong, Victor M., 2011. "Contributions Of Agricultural Improved Technologies To Rural Poverty Alleviation In Developing Countries: Case Of Imazapyr-Resistant Maize In Western Kenya," 2011 Conference (55th), February 8-11, 2011, Melbourne, Australia 100685, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Carlos Pestana Barros & Ade Ibiwoye & Shunsuke Managi, 2011. "Nigeria’ Power Sector: Analysis of Productivity," Working Papers Department of Economics 2011/10, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Constant, Labintan Adeniyi, 2011. "Climate Change And Poverty Reduction In Sahel: Climate Risk Management Contribution To Poverty Reduction," 2011 Conference (55th), February 8-11, 2011, Melbourne, Australia 100537, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Verschelde, Marijn & Vandamme, Ellen & D'Haese, Marijke F.C. & Rayp, Glenn, 2011. "Methodological innovations in estimating the (inverse) relationship between farm productivity and farm size in a developing economy: a case study of Burundi," 122nd Seminar, February 17-18, 2011, Ancona, Italy 99359, European Association of Agricultural Economists.