Report NEP-AFR-2007-12-15This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Suzanne McCoskey issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Item repec:npf:wpaper:45 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Baliamoune-Lutz, Mina & Ndikumana, Léonce, 2007. "The Growth Effects of Openness to Trade and the Role of Institutions: New Evidence from African Countries," MPRA Paper 6189, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Léonce Ndikumana & Adam Elhiraika, 2007. "Reserves Accumulation in African Countries: Sources, Motivations, and Effects," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2007-12, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Gero Erdmann, 2007. "The Cleavage Model, Ethnicity and Voter Alignment in Africa: Conceptual and Methodological Problems Revisited," GIGA Working Paper Series 63, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Windt, P.C. van der & Schaling, E. & Huizinga, H.P., 2007. "Capital Controls and Foreign Investor Subsidies Implicit in South Africa's Dual Exchange Rate System," Discussion Paper 2007-91, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Robert Pollin & Mwangi we Githinji & James Heintz, 2007. "Wage Cutting in Kenya Will Expand Poverty, Not Decent Jobs," One Pager 46, International Policy Centre for Inclusive Growth.
- Corno, Lucia & de Walque, Damien, 2007. "The determinants of HIV infection and related sexual behaviors : evidence from Lesotho," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4421, The World Bank.
- Levin, Jörgen & Widell, Lars, 2007. "Tax Evasion in Kenya and Tanzania:Evidence from Missing Imports," Working Papers 2007:8, Örebro University, School of Business.
- Gine, Xavier & Yang, Dean, 2007. "Insurance, credit, and technology adoption : field experimental evidence from Malawi," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4425, The World Bank.
- Charles Ackah, & Oliver Morrissey, & Simon Appleton, . "Who Gains from Trade Protection in Ghana? A Household-Level Analysis," Discussion Papers 07/02, University of Nottingham, CREDIT.
- Galasso, Emanuela & Umapathi, Nithin, 2007. "Improving nutritional status through behavioral change : lessons from Madagascar," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4424, The World Bank.
- Daniel Lambach, 2007. "Oligopolies of Violence in Post-Conflict Societies," GIGA Working Paper Series 62, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Katleen Van den Broeck, 2007. "Child Height and Maternal Health Care Knowledge in Mozambique," Discussion Papers 07-30, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Soiliou Namoro & Rania Rousdhy, 2007. "Intrahousehold Resource Allocation in Egypt: Effect of Power Distribution within the Household on Child Work and Schooling," Working Papers 331, University of Pittsburgh, Department of Economics, revised Dec 2007.
- Thomas Richter & Christian Steiner, 2007. "Sectoral Transformations in Neo-Patrimonial Rentier States: Tourism Development and State Policy in Egypt," GIGA Working Paper Series 61, GIGA German Institute of Global and Area Studies.
- Jean-François Goux & Thomas Rusuhuzwa Kigabo, 2007. "Rupture structurelle et demande de monnaie au Rwanda," Working Papers 0727, Groupe d'Analyse et de Théorie Economique (GATE), Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS), Université Lyon 2, Ecole Normale Supérieure.
- Aurélie Chamaret & Martin O'Connor & Gilles Récoché, 2007. "Top-down/bottom-up approach for developing sustainable development indicators for mining: Application to the Arlit uranium mines (Niger)," Post-Print hal-00194505, HAL.