Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW)
Economics - The Open-Access, Open-Assessment E-Journal
2012, Volume 6
- 1-27 Multi-destination trips and tourism statistics: Empirical evidences in Sicily
by Parroco, Anna Maria & Vaccina, Franco & De Cantis, Stefano & Ferrante, Mauro
- 1-27 The Wage Premium of Foreign Ownership: Evidence from European Mergers and Acquisitions
by Oberhofer, Harald & Stöckl, Matthias & Winner, Hannes
- 1-27 Through which channels can remittances spur economic growth in MENA countries?
by Mim, Sami Ben & Ali, Mohamed Sami Ben
- 1-28 Does corruption hinder trade for the new EU members?
by Horsewood, Nicholas & Voicu, Anca Monika
- 1-28 Asymmetric exchange rate pass-through in the Euro area: New evidence from smooth transition models
by Ben Cheikh, Nidhaleddine
- 1-29 Small flows, compliance costs and trade preferences: The case of EU imports from African LDCs
by Nilsson, Lars & Dotter, Caroline
- 1-29 Fund managers - Why the best might be the worst: On the evolutionary vigor of risk-seeking behavior
by Witte, Björn-Christopher
- 1-32 Measuring group disadvantage with inter-distributional inequality indices: A critical review and some amendments to existing indices
by Yalonetzky, Gaston
- 1-32 Interactions in the New Keynesian DSGE models: The Boltzmann-Gibbs machine and social networks approach
by Chen, Shu-heng & Chang, Chia-ling
- 1-33 Private and public incentive to reduce seasonality: A theoretical model
by Cellini, Roberto & Rizzo, Giuseppe
- 1-33 From trade preferences to trade facilitation: Taking stock of the issues
by Persson, Maria
- 1-35 Psychophysical interpretation for utility measures
by He, Yuqing
- 1-38 Trade policy versus trade facilitation: An application using good old OLS
by Márquez-Ramos, Laura & Martínez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada & Suárez-Burguet, Celestino
- 1-39 Skill-biased labor market reforms and international competitiveness
by Schmerer, Hans-Jörg
- 1-40 Migration, trade and unemployment
by Heid, Benedikt & Larch, Mario
- 1-40 The influence of the specification of climate change damages on the social cost of carbon
by Kopp, Robert E. & Golub, Alexander & Keohane, Nathaniel O. & Onda, Chikara
- 1-41 The US government's social cost of carbon estimates after their first two years: Pathways for improvement
by Kopp, Robert E. & Mignone, Bryan K.
- 1-42 Wage subsidies and international trade: When does policy coordination pay?
by Braun, Sebastian & Spielmann, Christian
- 1-43 Predicting the unpredictable: Forecastable bubbles and business cycles under rational expectations
by Gracia, Eduard
- 1-43 Assessing absolute and relative pro-poor growth, with an application to selected African countries
by Bibi, Sami & Duclos, Jean-Yves & Verdier-Chouchane, Audrey
- 1-43 Country inequality rankings and conversion schemes
by Schröder, Carsten & Bönke, Timm
- 1-44 International trade and polarization in the labor market
by Das, Satya P.
- 1-44 Boats and tides and "trickle down" theories: What economists presume about wellbeing when they employ stochastic process theory in modeling behavior
by Anderson, Gordon
- 1-44 A comparative view on the tax performance of developing countries: Regional patterns, non-tax revenue and governance
by Ivanyna, Maksym & von Haldenwang, Christian
- 1-47 Stock prices and monetary policy: Re-examining the issue in a New Keynesian model with endogenous investment
by Grossi, Michele & Tamborini, Roberto
- 1-49 Debt, deleveraging and business cycles: An agent-based perspective
by Raberto, Marco & Teglio, Andrea & Cincotti, Silvano
- 1-54 Deep trade policy options for Armenia: The importance of trade facilitation, services and standards liberalization
by Jensen, Jesper & Tarr, David G.
- 1-69 Cross-country growth empirics and model uncertainty: An overview
by Ulaşan, Bülent
- 1-81 The Japanese economy in crises: A time series segmentation study
by Cheong, Siew Ann & Fornia, Robert Paulo & Lee, Gladys Hui Ting & Kok, Jun Liang & Yim, Woei Shyr & Xu, Danny Yuan & Zhang, Yiting
2011, Volume 5
- 1-14 Estimating standard errors for the Parks model: Can jackknifing help?
by Reed, W. Robert & Webb, Rachel S.
- 1-18 Inequality measurement with subgroup decomposability and level-sensitivity
by Subramanian, Subbu
- 1-19 Polarization measurement and inference in many dimensions when subgroups can not be identified
by Anderson, Gordon
- 1-20 A new method for measuring tail exponents of firm size distributions
by Fujimoto, Shouji & Ishikawa, Atushi & Mizuno, Takayuki & Watanabe, Tsutomu
- 1-21 Labour market returns to higher education in Vietnam
by Doan, Tinh & Stevens, Philip
- 1-22 Low quality as a signal of high quality
by Clements, Matthew T.
- 1-24 Tougher educational exam leading to worse selection
by de Carvalho Andrade, Eduardo & de Castro, Luciano I.
- 1-24 Risk premia and the social cost of carbon: A review
by Kousky, Carolyn & Kopp, Robert E. & Cooke, Roger M.
- 1-25 Development of science and technology parks in China, 1988 - 2008
by Zhang, Haiyang & Sonobe, Tetsushi
- 1-26 Business incubators in China: An inquiry into the variables associated with incubatee success
by Zhang, Haiyang & Sonobe, Tetsushi
- 1-29 Fiscal policy in Latin America: Countercyclical and sustainable?
by Daude, Christian & Melguizo, Ángel & Neut, Alejandro
- 1-29 A tale of tails: Uncertainty and the social cost of carbon dioxide
by Pycroft, Jonathan & Vergano, Lucia & Hope, Chris & Paci, Daniele & Ciscar, Juan Carlos
- 1-32 Senior activity rate, retirement incentives, and labor relations
by Blake, Hélène & Sangnier, Marc
- 1-34 Comparing and selecting performance measures using rank correlations
by Caporin, Massimiliano & Lisi, Francesco
- 1-36 The accuracy of a forecast targeting central bank
by Skrove Falch, Nina & Nymoen, Ragnar
- 1-39 Lucas on the relationship between theory and ideology
by De Vroey, Michel
- 1-42 Transient temperature response modeling in IAMs: The effects of over simplification on the SCC
by Marten, Alex L.
- 1-46 Some aspects of the discrete wavelet analysis of bivariate spectra for business cycle synchronisation
by Bruzda, Joanna
- 1-47 The acceptance of earnings losses after voluntary mobility
by Schneck, Stefan
- 1-50 Uncertainty and capacity constraints: Reconsidering the aggregate production function
by Gracia, Eduard
- 1-57 Fiscal policy under imperfect competition with flexible prices: An overview and survey
by Costa, Luís F. & Dixon, Huw David
- 1-57 On various ways of measuring pro-poor growth
by Deutsch, Joseph & Silber, Jacques
2011, Volume 3
2010, Volume 4
- 1-18 The Triffin dilemma again
by Campanella, Edoardo
- 1-20 Information efficiency and financial stability
by Caccioli, Fabio & Marsili, Matteo
- 1-21 Yes, we should discount the far-distant future at its lowest possible rate: A resolution of the Weitzman-Gollier puzzle
by Freeman, Mark C.
- 1-21 Monopoly innovation and welfare effects
by Yao, Shuntian & Gan, Lydia
- 1-22 The multilateral donor non-system: towards accountability and efficient role assignment
by Reisen, Helmut
- 1-23 Price-concentration analysis in merger cases with differentiated products
by Beckert, Walter & Mazzarotto, Nicola
- 1-24 A tale of two debt crises: a stochastic optimal control analysis
by Stein, Jerome L.
- 1-26 Disclosure requirements, the release of new information and market efficiency: new insights from agent-based models
by Hermsen, Oliver & Witte, Björn-Christopher & Westerhoff, Frank
- 1-26 Diversity of science linkages: A survey of innovation performance effects and some evidence from Flemish firms
by Cassiman, Bruno & Veugelers, Reinhilde & Zuniga, Pluvia
- 1-27 News versus sunspot shocks in a New Keynesian model
by Karnizova, Lilia
- 1-29 Housing wealth isn't wealth
by Buiter, Willem H.
- 1-29 A study of price evolution in online toy market
by Yang, Zhenlin & Gan, Lydia & Tang, Fang-Fang
- 1-30 Selection wages and discrimination
by Schlicht, Ekkehart
- 1-30 Monetary ease: A factor behind financial crises? Some evidence from OECD countries
by Ahrend, Rudiger
- 1-30 Investigating the exponential age distribution of firms
by Coad, Alex
- 1-31 Statistical theories of income and wealth distribution
by Chakrabarti, Anindya S. & Chakrabarti, Bikas K.
- 1-32 Solving the paradox of monetary profits
by Keen, Steve
- 1-32 Credit money and macroeconomic instability in the agent-based model and simulator Eurace
by Cincotti, Silvano & Raberto, Marco & Teglio, Andrea
- 1-32 A micro-economic approach to geographic market definition on local retail markets: Demand side considerations
by Beckert, Walter
- 1-33 Ex-ante regulation and ex-post liability under uncertainty and irreversibility: governing the coexistence of GM crops
by Beckmann, Volker & Soregaroli, Claudio & Wesseler, Justus
- 1-35 Global governance: the G20 and a Global Green New Deal
by Barbier, Edward B.
- 1-37 The effect of technological innovation on international trade
by Márquez-Ramos, Laura & Martínez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada
- 1-37 Occupational upgrading and the business cycle in West Germany
by Büttner, Thomas & Jacobebbinghaus, Peter & Ludsteck, Johannes
- 1-37 Increased price markup from union coordination: OECD panel evidence
by Bjørnstad, Roger & Kalstad, Kjartan Øren
- 1-38 An enabling mechanism for the creation, adjustment, and dissolution of states and governmental units
by Hausken, Kjell & Knutsen, John F.
- 1-41 The Great Recession vs. the Great Depression: Stylized facts on siblings that were given different foster parents
by Aiginger, Karl
- 1-43 Stabilizing an unstable economy: On the choice of proper policy measures
by Asada, Toichiro & Chiarella, Carl & Flaschel, Peter & Mouakil, Tarik & Proaño, Christian R.
- 1-44 Transaction taxes and traders with heterogeneous investment horizons in an agent-based financial market model
by Demary, Markus
- 1-48 Endogenous technology sharing in R&D intensive industries
by Clark, Derek J. & Sand, Jan Yngve
- 1-48 Globalisation as a 'good times' phenomenon: A search-based explanation
by Edwards, T. Huw
- 1-49 Minimum quality standards and novelty requirements in a one-short development race
by Prokop, Jacek & Regibeau, Pierre & Rockett, Katharine
- 1-52 Contribution of health to economic development: A survey and overview
by Husain, Muhammad Jami
- 1-61 The crisis and beyond: Thinking outside the box
by Hillinger, Claude
2009, Volume 3
- 1-5 Inventory investment and the real interest rate
by Junayed, Sadaquat & Khan, Hashmat
- 1-9 The nature of equilibrium in macroeconomics: A critique of equilibrium search theory
by Aoki, Masanao & Yoshikawa, Hiroshi
- 1-10 A Dynamic Probabilistic Version of the Aoki-Yoshikawa Sectoral Productivity Model
by Scalas, Enrico & Garibaldi, Ubaldo
- 1-11 Does Macroeconomics Need Microeconomic Foundations?
by Da Silva, Sergio
- 1-12 Rethinking Global Climate Change Governance
by Barrett, Scott
- 1-12 On the Relation between Discounting of Climate Change and Edgeworth-Pareto Substitutability
by Kögel, Tomas
- 1-13 Global Governance of Global Monetary Relations: Rationale and Feasibility
by Frieden, Jeffry A.
- 1-13 Network structure of Japanese firms. Scale-free, hierarchy, and degree correlation: analysis from 800,000 firms
by Konno, Tomohiko
- 1-13 On the effects of selective below-cost pricing in a vertical differentiation model
by Colombo, Stefano
- 1-14 The Pre-Eminence of Theory versus the European CVAR Perspective in Macroeconometric Modeling
by Spanos, Aris
- 1-14 Distribution of Labour Productivity in Japan over the Period 1996-2006
by Fujiwara, Yoshi & Iyetomi, Hiroshi & Ikeda, Yuichi & Souma, Wataru
- 1-14 Should we Discount the Far-Distant Future at its Lowest Possible Rate?
by Gollier, Christian
- 1-15 Climate Policy Options and the World Trade Organization
by Hufbauer, Gary Clyde & Kim, Jisun
- 1-16 Social policy targeting and binary information transfer between surveys
by Gottlieb, Daniel & Kushnir, Leonid
- 1-17 Superstatistics of Labour Productivity in Manufacturing and Nonmanufacturing Sectors
by Ikeda, Yuichi & Fujiwara, Yoshi & Aoyama, Hideaki & Iyetomi, Hiroshi & Souma, Wataru
- 1-18 Structure and Temporal Change of the Credit Network between Banks and Large Firms in Japan
by Iyetomi, Hiroshi & Ikeda, Yuichi & Aoyama, Hideaki & Fujiwara, Yoshi & Souma, Wataru
- 1-20 Special Issue on Using Econometrics for Assessing Economic Models: An Introduction
by Jusélius, Katarina
- 1-21 Economists, incentives, judgment, and the European CVAR approach to macroeconometrics
by Colander, David C.
- 1-21 Macroeconomic Relaxation: Adjustment Processes of Hierarchical Economic Structures
by Aoki, Masanao & Hawkins, Raymond
- 1-21 The information content and redistribution effects of state and municipal rating changes in Mexico
by Mendoza-Velázquez, Alfonso
- 1-22 Now or Never: Environmental Protection under Hyperbolic Discounting
by Winkler, Ralph
- 1-22 Discounting for Climate Change
by Yohe, Gary W. & Tol, Richard S. J. & Anthoff, David
- 1-22 Heterogeneous parameter uncertainty and the timing of investment during crisis
by Ni, Shawn & Ratti, Ronald A.
- 1-22 Addressing the psychology of financial markets
by Tuckett, David
- 1-23 The "Credit-Cost Channel" of Monetary Policy. A Theoretical Assessment
by Tamborini, Roberto
- 1-23 Challenges Associated with the Expansion of Deposit Insurance Coverage during Fall 2008
by Schich, Sebastian T.
- 1-24 The Balassa-Samuelson Hypothesis in Developed Countries and Emerging Market Economies: Different Outcomes Explained
by García Solanes, José & Torrejón-Flores, Fernando
- 1-24 The universal shape of economic recession and recovery after a shock
by Challet, Damien & Solomon, Sorin & Yaari, Gur
- 1-25 Power-Law and Log-Normal Distributions in Temporal Changes of Firm-Size Variables
by Ishikawa, Atushi
- 1-25 Avoiding extinction: equal treatment of the present and the future
by Chichilnisky, Graciela
- 1-27 Implicit Microfoundations for Macroeconomics
by Wright, Ian
- 1-28 Siblings, not triplets: social preferences for risk, inequality and time in discounting climate change
by Helgeson, Jennifer & Dietz, Simon & Atkinson, Giles D. & Hepburn, Cameron & Sælen, Håkon
- 1-29 Additive damages, fat-tailed climate dynamics, and uncertain discounting
by Weitzman, Martin L.
- 1-30 Balassa-Samuelson and Wage, Price and Unemployment Dynamics in the Spanish Transition to EMU Membership
by Ordóñez, Javier & Jusélius, Katarina
- 1-30 A Model of Eco-Efficiency and Recycling
by Cogoy, Mario
- 1-31 DSGE Models and Central Banks
by Tovar, Camilo Ernesto
- 1-33 Forecast Evaluation of Explanatory Models of Financial Variability
by Sucarrat, Genaro
- 1-40 Minority voting and public project provision
by Gersbach, Hans
- 1-41 Social Security's Five OASI Inflation Indexing Problems
by Lovell, Michael C.
- 1-72 The New Growth Theories and Their Empirics after Twenty Years
by Capolupo, Rosa
2008, Volume 2
- 1-10 Random Matrix Theory and Macro-Economic Time-Series: An Illustration Using the Evolution of Business Cycle Synchronisation, 1886-2006
by Ormerod, Paul
- 1-12 A Long-Run Structural Macroeconometric Model for Germany: An Empirical Note
by Chen, Pu & Schneider, Elena & Frohn, Joachim
- 1-15 Production Constraints and the NAIRU
by Hall, Stephen G. & Driver, Ciaran F.
- 1-17 Growing up to Financial Stability
by Bordo, Michael D.
- 1-18 The New Keynesian Phillips Curve Tested on OECD Panel Data
by Bjørnstad, Roger & Nymoen, Ragnar
- 1-19 Real Exchange Rate Dynamics in Macedonia: Old Wisdoms and New Insights
by Bogoev, Jane & Bojceva Terzijan, Sultanija & Égert, Balázs & Petrovska, Magdalena
- 1-20 Level, Slope, Curvature: Characterising the Yield Curve in a Cointegrated VAR Model
by Giese, Julia V.
- 1-21 A Simple Note on Informational Cascades
by Fiore, Annamaria & Morone, Andrea
- 1-21 Do News Shocks Drive Business Cycles? Evidence from German Data
by Lucke, Bernd & Haertel, Thomas
- 1-22 The Social Cost of Carbon: Trends, Outliers and Catastrophes
by Tol, Richard S. J.
- 1-24 Welfare Effects of Intellectual Property in a North-South Model of Endogenous Growth with Comparative Advantage
by Saint-Paul, Gilles
- 1-24 Is Old Money Better than New? Duration and Monetary Regimes
by Rose, Andrew K. & Mihov, Ilian
- 1-24 Evaluating New Keynesian Phillips Curve under VAR-Based Learning
by Fanelli, Luca
- 1-25 Monetary Policy and Swedish Unemployment Fluctuations
by Holmlund, Bertil & Alexius, Annika
- 1-25 Inflation Targeting Is a Success, So Far: 100 Years of Evidence from Swedish Wage Contracts
by Jonung, Lars & Fregert, Klas
- 1-26 Uncover Latent PPP by Dynamic Factor Error Correction Model (DF-ECM) Approach: Evidence from Five OECD Countries
by Qin, Duo
- 1-26 Modeling the Effects of Financial Constraints on Firm's Investment
by Tomat, Gian Maria
- 1-26 Measuring Real Value and Inflation
by Hillinger, Claude
- 1-26 Testing the New Keynesian Model on U.S. and Euro Area Data
by Juselius, Mikael
- 1-27 West-East Convergence in the Prevalence of Cannabis Use: Socioeconomics or Culture?
by Tauchmann, Harald
- 1-28 The Impact of Tax and Market Distortions on the Phillips Curve and the Natural Rate of Unemployment
by Bokan, Nikola & Hughes Hallett, Andrew
- 1-28 The Debt-Growth Nexus in Poor Countries: A Reassessment
by Presbitero, Andrea F.
- 1-29 On the Explosive Nature of Hyper-Inflation Data
by Nielsen, Bent
- 1-29 Global Factors, Unemployment Adjustment and the Natural Rate
by Smith, Ron P. & Zoega, Gylfi
- 1-29 Game of Organizing International Cricket: Co-Existence of Country-Line and Club-Line Games
by Das, Satya Prasanna
- 1-29 Bridging Economic Theory Models and the Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Model
by Møller, Niels Framroze
- 1-30 The Demand for Currency Substitution
by Seater, John J.
- 1-31 A Model of an Optimum Currency Area
by Ricci, Luca Antonio
- 1-34 The Single Currency's Effects on Eurozone Sectoral Trade: Winners and Losers?
by Vicarelli, Claudio & De Santis, Roberta & De Nardis, Sergio
- 1-36 Measuring Long-Run Exchange Rate Pass-Through
by Kozluk, Tomasz & Banerjee, Anindya & de Bandt, Olivier
- 1-36 What Do Micro Price Data Tell Us on the Validity of the New Keynesian Phillips Curve?
by Alvarez González, Luis Julián
- 1-36 Should We Trust the Empirical Evidence from Present Value Models of the Current Account?
by Mercereau, Benoît & Miniane, Jacques Alain
- 1-41 A Model of the IMF as a Coinsurance Arrangement
by Shim, Ilhyock & Sharma, Sunil & Chami, Ralph
- 1-56 How Much Do Perceptions of Corruption Really Tell Us?
by Weber Abramo, Claudio
- 1-61 Are All Measures of International Reserves Created Equal? An Empirical Comparison of International Reserve Ratios
by Wong, Clement Yuk-pang & Cheung, Yin-Wong
- 1-70 Science and Ideology in Economic, Political and Social Thought
by Hillinger, Claude
2007, Volume 1
- 1-19 Pricing Damaged Goods
by McAfee, R. Preston
- 1-20 Long Run Macroeconomic Relations in the Global Economy
by Pesaran, Mohammad Hashem & Holly, Sean & Dees, Stephane & Smith, L. Vanessa
- 1-20 Some Flexible Parametric Models for Partially Adaptive Estimators of Econometric Models
by Theodossiou, Panayiotis & McDonald, James B. & Hansen, Christian B.
- 1-22 Wage Dispersion, Over-Qualification, and Reder Competition
by Schlicht, Ekkehart
- 1-23 Testing for Breaks in Cointegrated Panels - with an Application to the Feldstein-Horioka Puzzle
by Di Iorio, Francesca & Fachin, Stefano
- 1-27 Technology Shocks and Employment in Open Economies
by Tervala, Juha
- 1-27 Technology Shocks and Employment in Open Economies (rev.)
by Tervala, Juha
- 1-29 An Idealized View of Financial Intermediation
by Sissoko, Carolyn
- 1-31 Wage Dispersion, Over-Qualification, and Reder Competition
by Schlicht, Ekkehart
- 1-32 Hidden Economies and the Socially Optimal Fiscal-Tax to Liquidity-Tax Ratio
by Ercolani, Marco G.
- 1-38 Taking a DSGE Model to the Data Meaningfully
by Franchi, Massimo & Jusélius, Katarina
- 1-41 Uncertain Retirement and the Effects of Social Insurance on Savings, Wealth, and Welfare
by Turnovsky, Stephen J. & Bruce, Neil
- 1-43 Learning Causal Relations in Multivariate Time Series Data
by Chen, Pu & Chihying, Hsiao
- 1-49 Seigniorage
by Buiter, Willem H.
- 1-52 Evaluating Inflation Targeting Using a Macroeconometric Model
by Fair, Ray C.
- 1-52 Asymmetry and Spillover Effects in the North American Equity Markets
by Pollard, Stephen K. & Sapra, Sunil K. & Canarella, Giorgio
- 1-53 Shadow economies and corruption all over the world: revised estimates for 120 countries
by Schneider, Friedrich G. & Buehn, Andreas
- 1-66 Shadow Economies and Corruption All Over the World: New Estimates for 145 Countries
by Schneider, Friedrich G.