2016, Volume 88, Issue C
- 79-93 The Effects of Migration on Collective Action in the Commons: Evidence from Rural China
by Wang, Yahua & Chen, Chunliang & Araral, Eduardo
- 94-106 Political Determinants of State Capacity in Latin America
by Grassi, Davide & Memoli, Vincenzo
- 107-121 Television is More Effective in Bringing Behavioral Change: Evidence from Heat-Wave Awareness Campaign in India
by Das, Saudamini
- 122-133 The Less Extreme, the More You Leave: Radical Islam and Willingness to Migrate
by Falco, Chiara & Rotondi, Valentina
- 134-151 Natural Resources and Economic Growth: A Meta-Analysis
by Havranek, Tomas & Horvath, Roman & Zeynalov, Ayaz
- 152-174 Achieving Sustainability and Development through Collective Action? An Empirical Analysis of the Impact of the Bore Pool Sharing Program on Farm Incomes and Crop Choices
by Pradhan, Deepa & Ranjan, Ram
- 175-187 Does Gender Equality Promote Social Trust? An Empirical Analysis
by Cho, Seo-Young
- 188-200 “As a Husband I Will Love, Lead, and Provide.” Gendered Access to Land in Ghana
by Lambrecht, Isabel Brigitte
2016, Volume 87, Issue C
- 1-15 The State of Family Farms in the World
by Graeub, Benjamin E. & Chappell, M. Jahi & Wittman, Hannah & Ledermann, Samuel & Kerr, Rachel Bezner & Gemmill-Herren, Barbara
- 16-29 The Number, Size, and Distribution of Farms, Smallholder Farms, and Family Farms Worldwide
by Lowder, Sarah K. & Skoet, Jakob & Raney, Terri
- 30-49 The Economic Impact of Short-term IMF Engagement in Low-Income Countries
by Bal Gündüz, Yasemin
- 50-69 Does Political Reservation for Minorities Affect Child Labor? Evidence from India
by Kaletski, Elizabeth & Prakash, Nishith
- 70-87 Women’s Empowerment Across the Life Cycle and Generations: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa
by Arestoff, Florence & Djemai, Elodie
- 88-106 The Aftermath of Financial Crises: A Look on Human and Social Wellbeing
by Mohseni-Cheraghlou, Amin
- 107-127 Institutional Adaptability in China: Local Developmental Models Under Changing Economic Conditions
by Shen, Xiaoxiao & Tsai, Kellee S.
- 128-138 Using Linguistic Networks to Explain Strength of Intellectual Property Rights
by Cook, Thomas R. & Liu, Amy H.
- 139-151 Sustainable Intensification and Farmer Preferences for Crop System Attributes: Evidence from Malawi’s Central and Southern Regions
by Ortega, David L. & Waldman, Kurt B. & Richardson, Robert B. & Clay, Daniel C. & Snapp, Sieglinde
- 152-170 Investigating the Gender Gap in Agricultural Productivity: Evidence from Uganda
by Ali, Daniel & Bowen, Derick & Deininger, Klaus & Duponchel, Marguerite
- 171-179 The Application of Traditional Dispute Resolution in Land Administration in Lay Armachiho Woreda (District), Northern Ethiopia
by Mequanent, Getachew
- 180-203 Low Emission Development Strategies in Agriculture. An Agriculture, Forestry, and Other Land Uses (AFOLU) Perspective
by De Pinto, Alessandro & Li, Man & Haruna, Akiko & Hyman, Glenn Graham & Martinez, Mario Andrés Londoño & Creamer, Bernardo & Kwon, Ho-Young & Garcia, Jhon Brayan Valencia & Tapasco, Jeimar & Martinez, Jesus David
- 204-214 Poverty Alleviation in Federal Systems: The Case of México
by Hernandez-Trillo, Fausto
- 215-226 The Political Effects of Agricultural Subsidies in Africa: Evidence from Malawi
by Dionne, Kim Yi & Horowitz, Jeremy
- 227-241 Quantifying Spillover Effects from Large Land-based Investment: The Case of Mozambique
by Deininger, Klaus & Xia, Fang
- 242-257 Improving Adult Literacy Without Improving The Literacy of Adults? A Cross-National Cohort Analysis
by Barakat, Bilal
- 258-273 Rethinking Land Endowment and Inequality in Rural Africa: The Importance of Soil Fertility
by Turner, Matthew D.
- 274-290 Delocalizing Communities: Changing Forms of Community Engagement in Natural Resources Governance
by Ojha, Hemant R. & Ford, Rebecca & Keenan, Rodney J. & Race, Digby & Carias Vega, Dora & Baral, Himlal & Sapkota, Prativa
- 291-306 Beyond “Good Governance”: The Multi-level Politics of Health Insurance for the Poor in Indonesia
by Fossati, Diego
- 307-317 Learning from Sustained Success: How Community-Driven Initiatives to Improve Urban Sanitation Can Meet the Challenges
by McGranahan, Gordon & Mitlin, Diana
- 318-332 Legacies of Inequity: How Hometown Political Participation and Land Distribution Shape Migrants’ Paths into Wage Labor
by Andrews, Abigail L.
- 333-348 Re-assessing the Impact of the Grandparent’s Income on the Infant Mortality Rate: An Evaluation of the Old Age Allowance Program in Nepal
by Li, Yunrong & Mora, Ricardo
- 349-359 Multilevel Geographies of Poverty in India
by Kim, Rockli & Mohanty, Sanjay K. & Subramanian, S.V.
- 360-370 The Role of Socio-political and Economic Factors in Fertility Decline: A Cross-country Analysis
by Wang, Qingfeng & Sun, Xu
- 371-384 Internal Borders: Ethnic-Based Market Segmentation in Malawi
by Robinson, Amanda Lea
- 385-400 The short-term impacts of development-induced displacement on wealth and subjective well-being in the Brazilian Amazon
by Randell, Heather
2016, Volume 86, Issue C
- 1-17 Informal versus Formal: A Panel Data Analysis of Earnings Gaps in Madagascar
by Nordman, Christophe J. & Rakotomanana, Faly & Roubaud, François
- 18-29 Does Freer Trade Really Lead to Productivity Growth? Evidence from Africa
by Bresnahan, Lauren & Coxhead, Ian & Foltz, Jeremy & Mogues, Tewodaj
- 30-45 Wage Growth, Landholding, and Mechanization in Chinese Agriculture
by Wang, Xiaobing & Yamauchi, Futoshi & Otsuka, Keijiro & Huang, Jikun
- 46-58 Cultures of Entitlement and Social Protection: Evidence from Flood Prone Bahraich, Uttar Pradesh, India
by Akerkar, Supriya & Joshi, P.C. & Fordham, Maureen
- 59-78 Extreme Weather Events and Child Height: Evidence from Mongolia
by Groppo, Valeria & Kraehnert, Kati
- 79-94 Transnational Markets for Sustainable Development Governance: The Case of REDD+
by Gallemore, Caleb & Jespersen, Kristjan
- 95-110 Why Might Information Exacerbate the Gender Gap in Civic Participation? Evidence from Mali
by Gottlieb, Jessica
- 111-122 Beyond Participation and Accountability: Theorizing Representation in Local Democracy
by Fischer, Harry W.
- 123-132 Shifting Discourses of Vilification and the Taming of Unruly Mining Landscapes in Ghana
by Tschakert, Petra
- 133-147 The Mobile Phone in the Diffusion of Knowledge for Institutional Quality in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Asongu, Simplice A. & Nwachukwu, Jacinta C.
2016, Volume 85, Issue C
- 1-15 Human-Scale Economics: Economic Growth and Poverty Reduction in Northeastern Thailand
by Moore, Joel D. & Donaldson, John A.
- 16-30 Men with Money and the “Vulnerable Women” Client Category in an AIDS Epidemic
by Poulin, Michelle & Dovel, Kathryn & Watkins, Susan Cotts
- 31-42 Political Instability and the Informal Economy
by Elbahnasawy, Nasr G. & Ellis, Michael A. & Adom, Assandé Désiré
- 43-57 Who Adopts LPG as the Main Cooking Fuel and Why? Empirical Evidence on Ghana Based on National Survey
by Karimu, Amin & Mensah, Justice Tei & Adu, George
- 58-72 Beyond “Landscape” in REDD+: The Imperative for “Territory”
by McCall, Michael K.
- 73-83 Corruption and Violations of Conservation Rules: A Survey Experiment with Resource Users
by Sundström, Aksel
- 84-104 Has Foreign Aid Been Effective in the Water Supply and Sanitation Sector? Evidence from Panel Data
by Gopalan, Sasidaran & Rajan, Ramkishen S.
- 105-125 Absence of Altruism? Female Disadvantage in Private School Enrollment in India
by Maitra, Pushkar & Pal, Sarmistha & Sharma, Anurag
2016, Volume 84, Issue C
- 1-17 Defying NGO-ization?: Lessons in Livelihood Resilience Observed Among Involuntarily Displaced Women in Mumbai, India
by Ramanath, Ramya
- 18-40 Can Informal Firms Hurt Registered SMEs’ Access to Credit?
by Distinguin, Isabelle & Rugemintwari, Clovis & Tacneng, Ruth
- 41-54 After the Deluge: A longitudinal study of resettlement at the Three Gorges Dam, China
by Wilmsen, Brooke
- 55-68 Migration and Self-Protection Against Climate Change: A Case Study of Samburu County, Kenya
by Ng’ang’a, Stanley Karanja & Bulte, Erwin H. & Giller, Ken E. & McIntire, John M. & Rufino, Mariana C.
- 69-81 The Effects of International Migration on Migrant-Source Households: Evidence from Ethiopian Diversity-Visa Lottery Migrants
by Mergo, Teferi
- 82-96 Golden Opportunity, or a New Twist on the Resource–Conflict Relationship: Links Between the Drug Trade and Illegal Gold Mining in Colombia
by Rettberg, Angelika & Ortiz-Riomalo, Juan Felipe
- 97-117 Interest Organizations and Distributive Politics: Small-Business Subsidies in Mexico
by Palmer-Rubin, Brian
- 118-130 Aid, Growth, and Devolution: Considering Aid Modality and Different Types of Decentralization
by Lessmann, Christian & Markwardt, Gunther
- 131-148 The Cultural Transmission of Environmental Values: A Comparative Approach
by Litina, Anastasia & Moriconi, Simone & Zanaj, Skerdilajda
- 149-161 Water Meters and Monthly Bills Meet Rural Brazilian Communities: Sociological Perspectives on Technical Objects for Water Management
by Brown, Colin Andrew & Pena, João Luiz
- 162-175 Advocating for Change? How a Civil Society-led Coalition Influences the Implementation of the Forest Rights Act in India
by Barnes, Clare & van Laerhoven, Frank & Driessen, Peter P.J.
- 176-189 The Fallacy of Beneficial Ignorance: A Test of Hirschman’s Hiding Hand
by Flyvbjerg, Bent
- 190-205 Government Spending, Corruption and Economic Growth
by d’Agostino, Giorgio & Dunne, J. Paul & Pieroni, Luca
- 206-218 Aid for Trade and Greenfield Investment
by Lee, Hyun-Hoon & Ries, John
- 219-234 The Local Impact of Mining on Poverty and Inequality: Evidence from the Commodity Boom in Peru
by Loayza, Norman & Rigolini, Jamele
- 235-253 Rural Finance and Agricultural Technology Adoption in Ethiopia: Does the Institutional Design of Lending Organizations Matter?
by Abate, Gashaw Tadesse & Rashid, Shahidur & Borzaga, Carlo & Getnet, Kindie
- 254-265 Carbon Pricing Revenues Could Close Infrastructure Access Gaps
by Jakob, Michael & Chen, Claudine & Fuss, Sabine & Marxen, Annika & Rao, Narasimha D. & Edenhofer, Ottmar
- 266-281 Rational Herding toward the Poor: Evidence from Location Decisions of Microfinance Institutions within Pakistan
by Monne, Jérôme & Louche, Céline & Villa, Christophe
- 282-298 Collective Action in Decentralized Irrigation Systems: Evidence from Pakistan
by Nagrah, Aatika & Chaudhry, Anita M. & Giordano, Mark
- 299-311 Hands Off My Regime! Governments’ Restrictions on Foreign Aid to Non-Governmental Organizations in Poor and Middle-Income Countries
by Dupuy, Kendra & Ron, James & Prakash, Aseem
- 312-325 Determinants of the Level of Informality of Informal Micro-Enterprises: Some Evidence from the City of Lahore, Pakistan
by Williams, Colin C. & Shahid, Muhammad S. & Martínez, Alvaro
- 326-341 Do Informal Businesses Gain From Registration and How? Panel Data Evidence from Vietnam
by Demenet, Axel & Razafindrakoto, Mireille & Roubaud, François
- 342-356 Analyzing the Determinants of the Shadow Economy With a “Separate Approach”. An Application of the Relationship Between Inequality and the Shadow Economy
by Dell’Anno, Roberto
2016, Volume 83, Issue C
- 1-11 The Impact of Economic Sanctions on Income Inequality of Target States
by Afesorgbor, Sylvanus Kwaku & Mahadevan, Renuka
- 12-26 Moral Economy Meets Social Enterprise Community-Based Green Energy Project in Rural Burundi
by Cieslik, Katarzyna
- 27-38 Genetically Modified Maize: Less Drudgery for Her, More Maize for Him? Evidence from Smallholder Maize Farmers in South Africa
by Gouse, Marnus & Sengupta, Debdatta & Zambrano, Patricia & Zepeda, José Falck
- 39-53 Unwrapping Institutional Change in Fragile Settings: Women Entrepreneurs Driving Institutional Pathways in Afghanistan
by Ritchie, Holly A.
- 54-69 Government Impartiality and Sustained Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Ahlerup, Pelle & Baskaran, Thushyanthan & Bigsten, Arne
- 70-83 Impact of an Agricultural Value Chain Project on Smallholder Farmers, Households, and Children in Liberia
by Rutherford, Diana Duff & Burke, Holly M. & Cheung, Kelly K. & Field, Samuel H.
- 84-97 Sugarcane Outgrowers in Ethiopia: “Forced” to Remain Poor?
by Wendimu, Mengistu Assefa & Henningsen, Arne & Gibbon, Peter
- 98-110 Shared Mandates, Moral Hazard, and Political (Mis)alignment in a Decentralized Economy
by Estache, Antonio & Garsous, Grégoire & Seroa da Motta, Ronaldo
- 111-134 Intrahousehold Inequalities in Child Rights and Well-Being. A Barrier to Progress?
by Rodríguez, Laura
- 135-147 A Blessing in Disguise? Banking Crises and Institutional Change
by Andersson, Fredrik NG
- 148-162 Does Migration Support Technology Diffusion in Developing Countries?
by Hübler, Michael
- 163-178 Can Peers Improve Agricultural Revenue?
by Songsermsawas, Tisorn & Baylis, Kathy & Chhatre, Ashwini & Michelson, Hope
- 179-192 Energy Governance, Transnational Rules, and the Resource Curse: Exploring the Effectiveness of the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI)
by Sovacool, Benjamin K. & Walter, Götz & Van de Graaf, Thijs & Andrews, Nathan
- 193-206 Bilateral Investment Treaties and FDI: Does the Sector Matter?
by Colen, Liesbeth & Persyn, Damiaan & Guariso, Andrea
- 207-230 Agrarian Structures, Urbanization, and Inequality
by Oyvat, Cem
- 231-243 Livelihood Diversification in Rural Laos
by Martin, Sarah M. & Lorenzen, Kai
- 244-263 Reaching the Poor: Cash Transfer Program Targeting in Cameroon
by Stoeffler, Quentin & Mills, Bradford & del Ninno, Carlo
- 264-279 Comparison of Private Incentive Mechanisms for Improving Sustainability of Filipino Tuna Fisheries
by Tolentino-Zondervan, Frazen & Berentsen, Paul & Bush, Simon & Idemne, Joseph & Babaran, Ricardo & Lansink, Alfons Oude
- 280-294 Civil Society and Gender Mainstreaming: Empirical Evidence and Theory-Building from Twelve Post-Conflict Countries 2005–15
by Chaney, Paul
- 295-311 Gender, Assets, and Agricultural Development: Lessons from Eight Projects
by Johnson, Nancy L. & Kovarik, Chiara & Meinzen-Dick, Ruth & Njuki, Jemimah & Quisumbing, Agnes
- 312-324 The Role of Risk Perception in Child Mobility Decisions in West Africa, Empirical Evidence From Benin
by Kielland, Anne
- 325-339 African Mining, Gender, and Local Employment
by Kotsadam, Andreas & Tolonen, Anja
- 340-349 FDI and Business Internationalization of the Unorganized Sector: Evidence from Indian Manufacturing
by Beladi, Hamid & Dutta, Meghna & Kar, Saibal
2016, Volume 82, Issue C
- 1-13 The Effect of State–Local Complementarity and Local Governance on Development: A Comparative Analysis from Post-War Guatemala
by Klick, Matthew T.
- 14-27 Is Eco-Certification a Win–Win for Developing Country Agriculture? Organic Coffee Certification in Colombia
by Ibanez, Marcela & Blackman, Allen
- 28-47 Export Market Diversification and Firm Productivity: Evidence from a Large Developing Country
by Xuefeng, Qian & Yaşar, Mahmut
- 48-68 Rural Electrification and Household Labor Supply: Evidence from Nigeria
by Salmon, Claire & Tanguy, Jeremy
- 69-82 Weather Shocks and Health at Birth in Colombia
by Andalón, Mabel & Azevedo, João Pedro & Rodríguez-Castelán, Carlos & Sanfelice, Viviane & Valderrama-González, Daniel
- 83-94 Interpreting the Evolution of the Energy-Saving Target Allocation System in China (2006–13): A View of Policy Learning
by Zhao, Xiaofan & Wu, Liang
- 95-109 Economic Growth and the Optimal Level of Entrepreneurship
by Prieger, James E. & Bampoky, Catherine & Blanco, Luisa R. & Liu, Aolong
2016, Volume 81, Issue C
- 1-12 A New Politics of Development Cooperation? Chinese and Brazilian Engagements in African Agriculture
by Scoones, Ian & Amanor, Kojo & Favareto, Arilson & Qi, Gubo
- 13-23 South–South Cooperation, Agribusiness, and African Agricultural Development: Brazil and China in Ghana and Mozambique
by Amanor, Kojo S. & Chichava, Sérgio
- 24-34 Chinese State Capitalism? Rethinking the Role of the State and Business in Chinese Development Cooperation in Africa
by Gu, Jing & Zhang, Chuanhong & Vaz, Alcides & Mukwereza, Langton
- 35-46 Imagining Agricultural Development in South–South Cooperation: The Contestation and Transformation of ProSAVANA
by Shankland, Alex & Gonçalves, Euclides
- 47-60 Brazil’s Agricultural Politics in Africa: More Food International and the Disputed Meanings of “Family Farming”
by Cabral, Lídia & Favareto, Arilson & Mukwereza, Langton & Amanor, Kojo
- 61-70 Chinese Migrants in Africa: Facts and Fictions from the Agri-Food Sector in Ethiopia and Ghana
by Cook, Seth & Lu, Jixia & Tugendhat, Henry & Alemu, Dawit
- 71-81 Chinese Agricultural Training Courses for African Officials: Between Power and Partnerships
by Tugendhat, Henry & Alemu, Dawit
- 82-91 Science, Technology, and the Politics of Knowledge: The Case of China’s Agricultural Technology Demonstration Centers in Africa
by Xu, Xiuli & Li, Xiaoyun & Qi, Gubo & Tang, Lixia & Mukwereza, Langton
2016, Volume 80, Issue C
- 1-18 Intellectual Property Rights and International Trade of Agricultural Products
by Campi, Mercedes & Dueñas, Marco
- 19-32 Repopulating Development: An Agent-Based Approach to Studying Development Interventions
by Beck, Erin
- 33-47 The Impact of Conditional Cash Transfers on the Amount and Type of Child Labor
by Del Carpio, Ximena V. & Loayza, Norman V. & Wada, Tomoko
- 48-60 Reassessing Tax and Development Research: A New Dataset, New Findings, and Lessons for Research
by Prichard, Wilson
- 61-77 Credit for Low-Income Students and Access to and Academic Performance in Higher Education in Colombia: A Regression Discontinuity Approach
by Melguizo, Tatiana & Sanchez, Fabio & Velasco, Tatiana
- 78-95 Constructing a Ladder for Growth: Policy, Markets, and Industrial Upgrading in China
by Brandt, Loren & Thun, Eric
- 96-113 Rethinking Indonesia’s Informal Sector
by Rothenberg, Alexander D. & Gaduh, Arya & Burger, Nicholas E. & Chazali, Charina & Tjandraningsih, Indrasari & Radikun, Rini & Sutera, Cole & Weilant, Sarah
2016, Volume 79, Issue C
- 1-13 Capacity Development Evaluation: The Challenge of the Results Agenda and Measuring Return on Investment in the Global South
by Vallejo, Bertha & Wehn, Uta
- 14-24 Can Informal Water Vendors Deliver on the Promise of A Human Right to Water? Results From Cochabamba, Bolivia
by Wutich, Amber & Beresford, Melissa & Carvajal, Cinthia
- 25-39 The Effect of Population Pressure and Internal Migration on Land Conflicts: Implications for Agricultural Productivity in Uganda
by Mwesigye, Francis & Matsumoto, Tomoya
- 40-50 Intersections of Gender and Marital Status in Accessing Climate Change Adaptation: Evidence from Rural Tanzania
by Van Aelst, Katrien & Holvoet, Nathalie
- 51-68 Coups d’État and Foreign Aid
by Masaki, Takaaki
- 69-81 A Success of Some Sort: Social Enterprises and Drip Irrigation in the Developing World
by Venot, Jean-Philippe
- 82-96 Busting the Boom–Bust Pattern of Development in the Brazilian Amazon
by Caviglia-Harris, Jill & Sills, Erin & Bell, Andrew & Harris, Daniel & Mullan, Katrina & Roberts, Dar
- 97-113 Mining Conflict and the Politics of Obtaining a Social License: Insight from Guatemala
by Costanza, Jennifer Noel
- 114-126 The Green Economy and Constructions of the “Idle” and “Unproductive” Uplands in the Philippines
by Montefrio, Marvin Joseph F. & Dressler, Wolfram H.
- 127-137 Mobile Money, Remittances, and Household Welfare: Panel Evidence from Rural Uganda
by Munyegera, Ggombe Kasim & Matsumoto, Tomoya
- 138-151 Does Governance Cause Growth? Evidence from China
by Wilson, Ross
- 152-163 An Empirical Assessment of the Export—Financial Constraint Relationship: How Different are Small and Medium Enterprises?
by Jinjarak, Yothin & Wignaraja, Ganeshan
- 164-176 Water User Associations and the Politics of Water in Jordan
by Mustafa, Daanish & Altz-Stamm, Amelia & Scott, Laura Mapstone
- 177-196 Contribution of Fisheries and Aquaculture to Food Security and Poverty Reduction: Assessing the Current Evidence
by Béné, Christophe & Arthur, Robert & Norbury, Hannah & Allison, Edward H. & Beveridge, Malcolm & Bush, Simon & Campling, Liam & Leschen, Will & Little, David & Squires, Dale & Thilsted, Shakuntala H. & Troell, Max & Williams, Meryl
- 197-210 Environmental Stressors and Migration: Evidence from Vietnam
by Koubi, Vally & Spilker, Gabriele & Schaffer, Lena & Bernauer, Thomas
2016, Volume 78, Issue C
- 1-12 Oil and Civil Conflict: Can Public Spending Have a Mitigation Effect?
by Bodea, Cristina & Higashijima, Masaaki & Singh, Raju Jan
- 13-21 Potential Links Between Certified Organic Coffee and Deforestation in a Protected Area in Chiapas, Mexico
by Jurjonas, Matthew & Crossman, Katie & Solomon, Jennifer & Baez, Walter Lopez
- 22-36 Mining away the Preston curve
by Edwards, Ryan B.
- 37-51 Too Certain to Invest? Public Safety Nets and Insurance Markets in Ethiopia
by Duru, Maya Joan
- 52-65 Institutional Change in Value Chains: Evidence from Tea in Nepal
by Mohan, Sarah
- 66-79 To Lobby or to Partner? Investigating the Shifting Political Strategies of Biopharmaceutical Industry Associations in Innovation Systems of South Africa and India
by Papaioannou, Theo & Watkins, Andrew & Mugwagwa, Julius & Kale, Dinar
- 80-93 Natural Resource Use, Incomes, and Poverty Along the Rural–Urban Continuum of Two Medium-Sized, South African Towns
by Ward, Catherine D. & Shackleton, Charlie M.
- 94-104 Theorizing the Land–Violent Conflict Nexus
by Van Leeuwen, Mathijs & Van Der Haar, Gemma
- 105-124 Does Community-Driven Development Improve Inclusiveness in Peasant Organizations? – Evidence from Senegal
by Arcand, Jean-Louis & Wagner, Natascha
- 125-135 Oil Extraction and Indigenous Livelihoods in the Northern Ecuadorian Amazon
by Bozigar, Matthew & Gray, Clark L. & Bilsborrow, Richard E.
- 136-147 Re-Thinking the Child Labor “Problem” in Rural sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Sierra Leone’s Half Shovels
by Maconachie, Roy & Hilson, Gavin
- 148-171 “Fire in Cairo”: Authoritarian–Redistributive Social Contracts, Structural Change, and the Arab Spring
by Rougier, Eric
- 172-187 Barriers to Prosperity: Parasitic and Infectious Diseases, IQ, and Economic Development
by Madsen, Jakob B.
- 188-203 Understanding the Evidence Base for Poverty–Environment Relationships using Remotely Sensed Satellite Data: An Example from Assam, India
by Watmough, Gary R. & Atkinson, Peter M. & Saikia, Arupjyoti & Hutton, Craig W.
- 204-218 Green Revolution in Sub-Saharan Africa: Implications of Imposed Innovation for the Wellbeing of Rural Smallholders
by Dawson, Neil & Martin, Adrian & Sikor, Thomas
- 219-229 Tenure Insecurity and Investment in Soil Conservation. Evidence from Malawi
by Lovo, Stefania
- 230-245 Aid, Infrastructure, and FDI: Assessing the Transmission Channel with a New Index of Infrastructure
by Donaubauer, Julian & Meyer, Birgit & Nunnenkamp, Peter
- 246-261 Ecosystem Services and REDD: Estimating the Benefits of Non-Carbon Services in Worldwide Forests
by Ojea, Elena & Loureiro, Maria L. & Alló, Maria & Barrio, Melina
- 262-287 Their Suffering, Our Burden? How Congolese Refugees Affect the Ugandan Population
by Kreibaum, Merle
- 288-307 Effects of Protected Areas on Forest Cover Change and Local Communities: Evidence from the Peruvian Amazon
by Miranda, Juan José & Corral, Leonardo & Blackman, Allen & Asner, Gregory & Lima, Eirivelthon
- 308-323 Ethnic Heterogeneity and Public Goods Provision in Zambia: Evidence of a Subnational “Diversity Dividend”
by Gisselquist, Rachel M. & Leiderer, Stefan & Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel
- 324-340 Experimental Evidence on the Drivers of Index-Based Livestock Insurance Demand in Southern Ethiopia
by Takahashi, Kazushi & Ikegami, Munenobu & Sheahan, Megan & Barrett, Christopher B.
- 341-359 Effects of FDI Flows on Institutional Development: Does It Matter Where the Investors are from?
by Demir, Firat
- 360-371 Does Women’s Land Ownership Promote Their Empowerment? Empirical Evidence from Nepal
by Mishra, Khushbu & Sam, Abdoul G.
- 372-385 The Missing Link Between Parents’ Preferences and Daughters’ Survival: The Moderator Effect of Societal Discrimination
by Echávarri, Rebeca & Husillos, Javier
- 386-400 A Meta-Analytic Reassessment of the Effects of Inequality on Growth
by Neves, Pedro Cunha & Afonso, Óscar & Silva, Sandra Tavares
- 401-419 The Determinants of Social Conflict in the Latin American Mining Sector: New Evidence with Quantitative Data
by Haslam, Paul Alexander & Ary Tanimoune, Nasser
- 420-435 Marginality as a Root Cause of Poverty: Identifying Marginality Hotspots in Ethiopia
by Husmann, Christine
- 436-449 Do Female Instructors Reduce Gender Bias in Diffusion of Sustainable Land Management Techniques? Experimental Evidence From Mozambique
by Kondylis, Florence & Mueller, Valerie & Sheriff, Glenn & Zhu, Siyao
- 450-460 The Failures of Privatization: A Comparative Investigation of Tuberculosis Rates and the Structure of Healthcare in Less-Developed Nations, 1995–2010
by Austin, Kelly F. & DeScisciolo, Cristina & Samuelsen, Lene
- 461-476 Informality, property rights, and poverty in China’s “favelas”
by Webster, Chris & Wu, Fulong & Zhang, Fangzhu & Sarkar, Chinmoy
- 477-495 Votes and Regional Economic Growth: Evidence from Turkey
by Luca, Davide
- 496-510 Preschool Education in Brazil: Does Public Supply Crowd Out Private Enrollment?
by Bastos, Paulo & Straume, Odd Rune
- 511-528 Catalyzing Aid? The IMF and Donor Behavior in Aid Allocation
by Stubbs, Thomas H. & Kentikelenis, Alexander E. & King, Lawrence P.
- 529-540 Defining a Global Urban Development Agenda
by Parnell, Susan
- 541-553 Transient Poverty, Poverty Dynamics, and Vulnerability to Poverty: An Empirical Analysis Using a Balanced Panel from Rural China
by Ward, Patrick S.
- 554-571 What We Miss By Missing Data: Aid Effectiveness Revisited
by Breitwieser, Anja & Wick, Katharina
- 572-586 Networks of Rural Producer Organizations in Uganda: What Can be Done to Make Them Work Better?
by Latynskiy, Evgeny & Berger, Thomas
- 587-609 Has the Internet Fostered Inclusive Innovation in the Developing World?
by Paunov, Caroline & Rollo, Valentina
2016, Volume 77, Issue C
- 1-16 The Road to Specialization in Agricultural Production: Evidence from Rural China
by Qin, Yu & Zhang, Xiaobo
- 17-33 How Does the Choice of the Gender Indicator Affect the Analysis of Gender Differences in Agricultural Productivity? Evidence from Uganda
by de la O Campos, Ana Paula & Covarrubias, Katia Alejandra & Prieto Patron, Alberto
- 34-47 Building Participatory Organizations for Common Pool Resource Management: Water User Group Promotion in Indonesia
by Ricks, Jacob I.
- 48-65 Environmental and Social Impacts of Hydroelectric Dams in Brazilian Amazonia: Implications for the Aluminum Industry
by Fearnside, Philip M.
- 66-79 Public Opinion and Foreign Aid Cuts in Economic Crises
by Heinrich, Tobias & Kobayashi, Yoshiharu & Bryant, Kristin A.
- 80-98 Remittances and the Use of Formal and Informal Financial Services
by Ambrosius, Christian & Cuecuecha, Alfredo
- 99-114 Milk in the Data: Food Security Impacts from a Livestock Field Experiment in Zambia
by Jodlowski, Margaret & Winter-Nelson, Alex & Baylis, Kathy & Goldsmith, Peter D.
- 115-128 Estimating Price Discounts for Low-Quality Maize in sub-Saharan Africa: Evidence from Benin
by Kadjo, Didier & Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob & Alexander, Corinne
- 129-142 Trade, Institution Quality and Income Inequality
by Lin, Faqin & Fu, Dahai
- 143-153 Rules and Exceptions: Regulatory Challenges to Private Tree Felling in Northern India
by Rana, Pushpendra & Chhatre, Ashwini
- 154-170 Authoritarian Survival and Poverty Traps: Land Reform in Mexico
by Albertus, Michael & Diaz-Cayeros, Alberto & Magaloni, Beatriz & Weingast, Barry R.
- 171-191 Declining Nutrient Intake in a Growing China: Does Household Heterogeneity Matter?
by You, Jing & Imai, Katsushi S. & Gaiha, Raghav
- 192-205 Is Co-Invention Expediting Technological Catch Up? A Study of Collaboration between Emerging Country Firms and EU Inventors
by Giuliani, Elisa & Martinelli, Arianna & Rabellotti, Roberta
- 206-220 Organic Agriculture and Fair Trade: A Happy Marriage? A Case Study of Certified Smallholder Black Pepper Farmers in India
by Parvathi, Priyanka & Waibel, Hermann
- 221-230 The Welfare Effects of Trade in Phytomedicines: A Multi-Disciplinary Analysis of Turmeric Production
by Booker, Anthony & Johnston, Deborah & Heinrich, Michael
- 231-248 Micro-Incentives and Municipal Behavior: Political Decentralization and Fiscal Federalism in Argentina and Mexico
by Smith, Heidi Jane M. & Revell, Keith D.
- 249-261 The Politics of Indigenous Participation Through “Free Prior Informed Consent”: Reflections from the Bolivian Case
by Fontana, Lorenza B. & Grugel, Jean
- 262-276 Cost-Effectiveness Analysis in Development: Accounting for Local Costs and Noisy Impacts
by Evans, David K. & Popova, Anna
- 277-292 The Ambivalent Impact of Coffee Certification on Farmers’ Welfare: A Matched Panel Approach for Cooperatives in Central Kenya
by van Rijsbergen, Bart & Elbers, Willem & Ruben, Ruerd & Njuguna, Samuel N.
- 293-310 Establishing Local Government in Fragile States: Experimental Evidence from Afghanistan
by Jochem, Torsten & Murtazashvili, Ilia & Murtazashvili, Jennifer
- 311-327 Entrepreneurship Education and Entry into Self-Employment Among University Graduates
by Premand, Patrick & Brodmann, Stefanie & Almeida, Rita & Grun, Rebekka & Barouni, Mahdi
- 328-345 How Investor Portfolios Shape Regulatory Outcomes: Privatized Infrastructure After Crises
by Post, Alison E. & Murillo, María Victoria
- 346-366 A CGE Analysis of the Impact of Foreign Direct Investment and Tariff Reform on Female and Male Workers in Tanzania
by Latorre, María C.
- 367-379 Beyond Property: Co-Management and Pastoral Resource Access in Mongolia
by Undargaa, Sandagsuren & McCarthy, John F.
- 380-394 Does Microcredit Increase Household Welfare in the Absence of Microinsurance?
by Akotey, Joseph Oscar & Adjasi, Charles K.D.
- 395-407 Public Procurement and Rent-Seeking: The Case of Paraguay
by Auriol, Emmanuelle & Straub, Stéphane & Flochel, Thomas