Social Science & Medicine
2016, Volume 160, Issue C
2016, Volume 159, Issue C
- 1-13 Living under surveillance: Gender, psychological distress, and stop-question-and-frisk policing in New York City
by Sewell, Abigail A. & Jefferson, Kevin A. & Lee, Hedwig
- 14-21 The discordant pleasures of everyday eating: Reflections on the social gradient in obesity under neo-liberalism
by Bissell, Paul & Peacock, Marian & Blackburn, Joanna & Smith, Christine
- 22-29 Understanding global health and development partnerships: Perspectives from African and global health system professionals
by Barnes, Amy & Brown, Garrett W. & Harman, Sophie
- 30-37 Stress contagion in the classroom? The link between classroom teacher burnout and morning cortisol in elementary school students
by Oberle, Eva & Schonert-Reichl, Kimberly A.
- 38-47 Latino residential segregation and self-rated health among Latinos: Washington State Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System, 2012–2014
by Plascak, Jesse J. & Molina, Yamile & Wu-Georges, Samantha & Idris, Ayah & Thompson, Beti
- 48-57 Rethinking the antivaccine movement concept: A case study of public criticism of the swine flu vaccine’s safety in France
by Ward, Jeremy K.
- 61-72 Suicides and accidents on birthdays: Evidence from Japan
by Matsubayashi, Tetsuya & Ueda, Michiko
- 73-82 The ecocultural context and child behavior problems: A qualitative analysis in rural Nepal
by Burkey, Matthew D. & Ghimire, Lajina & Adhikari, Ramesh Prasad & Wissow, Lawrence S. & Jordans, Mark J.D. & Kohrt, Brandon A.
- 83-91 Economic evaluation of price discounts and skill-building strategies on purchase and consumption of healthy food and beverages: The SHELf randomized controlled trial
by Le, Ha N.D. & Gold, Lisa & Abbott, Gavin & Crawford, David & McNaughton, Sarah A. & Mhurchu, Cliona Ni & Pollard, Christina & Ball, Kylie
- 92-99 Social protection for all ages? Impacts of Ethiopia’s Productive Safety Net Program on child nutrition
by Porter, Catherine & Goyal, Radhika
- 100-107 Collaborative patient-provider communication and uptake of adolescent vaccines
by Moss, Jennifer L. & Reiter, Paul L. & Rimer, Barbara K. & Brewer, Noel T.
- 108-115 The doctor-patient relationship as a toolkit for uncertain clinical decisions
by Diamond-Brown, Lauren
- 116-126 Parental acceptance and uptake of the HPV vaccine among African-Americans and Latinos in the United States: A literature review
by Galbraith, Kayoll V. & Lechuga, Julia & Jenerette, Coretta M. & Moore, LTC Angelo D. & Palmer, Mary H. & Hamilton, Jill B.
- 127-131 A sign of the times: To have or to be? Social capital or social cohesion?
by Carrasco, Maria A. & Bilal, Usama
- 132-139 After geneticization
by Arribas-Ayllon, Michael
- 140-151 Waiting time prioritisation: Evidence from England
by Gutacker, Nils & Siciliani, Luigi & Cookson, Richard
- 152-160 Marital status and mortality: Does family structure in childhood matter?
by Kang, Jeong-han & Kim, Jibum & Lee, Min-Ah
- 161-169 Is Development Assistance for Health fungible? Findings from a mixed methods case study in Tanzania
by Martínez Álvarez, Melisa & Borghi, Josephine & Acharya, Arnab & Vassall, Anna
- 170-179 How do individuals’ health behaviours respond to an increase in the supply of health care? Evidence from a natural experiment
by Fichera, Eleonora & Gray, Ewan & Sutton, Matt
2016, Volume 158, Issue C
- 1-7 Long-term health implications of school quality
by Dudovitz, Rebecca N. & Nelson, Bergen B. & Coker, Tumaini R. & Biely, Christopher & Li, Ning & Wu, Lynne C. & Chung, Paul J.
- 8-13 Birth order and mortality in two ethno-linguistic groups: Register-based evidence from Finland
by Saarela, Jan & Cederström, Agneta & Rostila, Mikael
- 14-23 The acceptability of physical activity interventions to older adults: A systematic review and meta-synthesis
by Devereux-Fitzgerald, Angela & Powell, Rachael & Dewhurst, Anne & French, David P.
- 24-33 The feminine ideal and transactional sex: Navigating respectability and risk in Swaziland
by Fielding-Miller, Rebecca & Dunkle, Kristin L. & Jama-Shai, Nwabisa & Windle, Michael & Hadley, Craig & Cooper, Hannah L.F.
- 34-42 Patient education as a status passage in life – An ethnographic study exploring participation in a Danish group based patient education programme
by Kristiansen, Tine Mechlenborg & Antoft, Rasmus
- 43-51 Ethnic health inequalities in Europe. The moderating and amplifying role of healthcare system characteristics
by Blom, Niels & Huijts, Tim & Kraaykamp, Gerbert
- 52-60 The uncertainty of treatment: Women's use of HIV treatment as prevention in Malawi
by Zhou, Amy
- 61-74 Neighbourhood effects on body constitution–A case study of Hong Kong
by Low, Chien Tat & Lai, Poh Chin & Li, Han Dong & Ho, Wai Kit & Wong, Paulina & Chen, Si & Wong, Wing Cheung
- 75-85 Exploring the relationship between time preference, body fatness, and educational attainment
by Brown, Heather & Biosca, Olga
- 86-95 The impact of precarious employment on mental health: The case of Italy
by Moscone, F. & Tosetti, E. & Vittadini, G.
- 96-104 Fostering reflective trust between mothers and community health nurses to improve the effectiveness of health and nutrition efforts: An ethnographic study in Ghana, West Africa
by Ackatia-Armah, Nana M. & Addy, Nii Antiaye & Ghosh, Shibani & Dubé, Laurette
- 105-113 Do minimum wages improve early life health? Evidence from developing countries
by Majid, Muhammad Farhan & Mendoza Rodríguez, José M. & Harper, Sam & Frank, John & Nandi, Arijit
- 114-121 An examination of health selection among U.S. immigrants using multi-national data
by Ro, Annie & Fleischer, Nancy L. & Blebu, Bridgette
- 122-131 Neighborhood and home food environment and children's diet and obesity: Evidence from military personnel's installation assignment
by Shier, Victoria & Nicosia, Nancy & Datar, Ashlesha
- 132-140 How does employment quality relate to health and job satisfaction in Europe? A typological approach
by Van Aerden, Karen & Puig-Barrachina, Vanessa & Bosmans, Kim & Vanroelen, Christophe
- 141-148 Anticipated stigma and blameless guilt: Mothers' evaluation of life with the sex-linked disorder, hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia (XHED)
by Clarke, Angus
- 149-157 Health as a predictor of early retirement before and after introduction of a flexible statutory pension age in Finland
by Leinonen, Taina & Laaksonen, Mikko & Chandola, Tarani & Martikainen, Pekka
- 158-167 Nutrient intake: A cross-national analysis of trends and economic correlates
by Dave, Dhaval & Doytch, Nadia & Kelly, Inas Rashad
2016, Volume 157, Issue C
- 1-8 “Black folk don't get no severe depression”: Meanings and expressions of depression in a predominantly black urban neighborhood in Midwestern United States
by Alang, Sirry M.
- 9-17 Young maternal age at first birth and mental health later in life: Does the association vary by birth cohort?
by Aitken, Zoe & Hewitt, Belinda & Keogh, Louise & LaMontagne, Anthony D. & Bentley, Rebecca & Kavanagh, Anne M.
- 18-26 Harsh parenting, physical health, and the protective role of positive parent-adolescent relationships
by Schofield, Thomas J. & Conger, Rand D. & Gonzales, Joseph E. & Merrick, Melissa T.
- 27-30 Intimate partner violence against women and the Nordic paradox
by Gracia, Enrique & Merlo, Juan
- 31-38 The power of (Mis)perception: Rethinking suicide contagion in youth friendship networks
by Zimmerman, Gregory M. & Rees, Carter & Posick, Chad & Zimmerman, Lori A.
- 39-47 Income inequality and health in China: A panel data analysis
by Bakkeli, Nan Zou
- 48-59 Valuing the Child Health Utility 9D: Using profile case best worst scaling methods to develop a new adolescent specific scoring algorithm
by Ratcliffe, Julie & Huynh, Elisabeth & Chen, Gang & Stevens, Katherine & Swait, Joffre & Brazier, John & Sawyer, Michael & Roberts, Rachel & Flynn, Terry
- 60-67 Marital disruption is associated with shorter salivary telomere length in a probability sample of older adults
by Whisman, Mark A. & Robustelli, Briana L. & Sbarra, David A.
- 68-77 Turning point or selection? The effect of rustication on subsequent health for the Chinese Cultural Revolution cohort
by Fan, Wen
- 78-86 Types of integration and depressive symptoms: A latent class analysis on the resettled population for the Three Gorges dam project, China
by Xi, Juan
- 87-95 An evaluation of the healthy immigrant effect with adolescents in Canada: Examinations of gender and length of residence
by Kwak, Kyunghwa
- 96-102 Measuring needs for priority setting in healthcare planning and policy
by Herlitz, Anders & Horan, David
- 103-110 Of natural bodies and antibodies: Parents' vaccine refusal and the dichotomies of natural and artificial
by Reich, Jennifer A.
- 111-119 Supporting employees' work-family needs improves health care quality: Longitudinal evidence from long-term care
by Okechukwu, Cassandra A. & Kelly, Erin L. & Bacic, Janine & DePasquale, Nicole & Hurtado, David & Kossek, Ellen & Sembajwe, Grace
- 120-126 Marital transitions and associated changes in fruit and vegetable intake: Findings from the population-based prospective EPIC-Norfolk cohort, UK
by Vinther, Johan L. & Conklin, Annalijn I. & Wareham, Nicholas J. & Monsivais, Pablo
- 127-137 Development, validation, and performance of a scale to measure community mobilization
by Lippman, Sheri A. & Neilands, Torsten B. & Leslie, Hannah H. & Maman, Suzanne & MacPhail, Catherine & Twine, Rhian & Peacock, Dean & Kahn, Kathleen & Pettifor, Audrey
- 138-147 Why are well-educated Muscovites more likely to survive? Understanding the biological pathways
by Todd, Megan A. & Shkolnikov, Vladimir M. & Goldman, Noreen
- 148-155 Social support as a mediator between job control and psychological strain
by Blanch, Angel
- 156-164 Analysis of policy towards improvement of perinatal mortality in the Netherlands (2004–2011)
by Vos, Amber A. & van Voorst, Sabine F. & Steegers, Eric A.P. & Denktaş, Semiha
- 165-185 Risk factors for chronic undernutrition among children in India: Estimating relative importance, population attributable risk and fractions
by Corsi, Daniel J. & Mejía-Guevara, Iván & Subramanian, S.V.
2016, Volume 156, Issue C
- 1-11 Unpaid caregiving and paid work over life-courses: Different pathways, diverging outcomes
by Carmichael, Fiona & Ercolani, Marco G.
- 12-20 Distinct age and self-rated health crossover mortality effects for African Americans: Evidence from a national cohort study
by Roth, David L. & Skarupski, Kimberly A. & Crews, Deidra C. & Howard, Virginia J. & Locher, Julie L.
- 21-28 Increasing illness among people out of labor market – A Danish register-based study
by Andersen, Ingelise & Brønnum-Hansen, Henrik & Kriegbaum, Margit & Hougaard, Charlotte Ørsted & Hansen, Finn Kenneth & Diderichsen, Finn
- 29-38 Medical errors: Disclosure styles, interpersonal forgiveness, and outcomes
by Hannawa, Annegret F. & Shigemoto, Yuki & Little, Todd D.
- 39-46 The margins of medicalization: Diversity and context through the case of infertility
by Bell, Ann V.
- 47-54 Cardiopulmonary resuscitation decisions in the emergency department: An ethnography of tacit knowledge in practice
by Brummell, Stephen P. & Seymour, Jane & Higginbottom, Gina
- 55-63 Influence of neighborhood-level factors on social support in early-stage breast cancer patients and controls
by Thompson, Tess & Rodebaugh, Thomas L. & Pérez, Maria & Struthers, James & Sefko, Julianne A. & Lian, Min & Schootman, Mario & Jeffe, Donna B.
- 64-72 Bisexuality, poverty and mental health: A mixed methods analysis
by Ross, Lori E. & O'Gorman, Laurel & MacLeod, Melissa A. & Bauer, Greta R. & MacKay, Jenna & Robinson, Margaret
- 73-79 Accessibility and use of primary healthcare for immigrants living in the Niagara Region
by Lum, Irene D. & Swartz, Rebecca H. & Kwan, Matthew Y.W.
- 80-89 Cognitive and neurobehavioral symptoms in patients with non-metastatic prostate cancer treated with androgen deprivation therapy or observation: A mixed methods study
by Wu, Lisa M. & Tanenbaum, Molly L. & Dijkers, Marcel P.J.M. & Amidi, Ali & Hall, Simon J. & Penedo, Frank J. & Diefenbach, Michael A.
- 90-97 The social management of biomedical novelty: Facilitating translation in regenerative medicine
by Gardner, John & Webster, Andrew
- 98-105 Adolescent psychological distress, unemployment, and the Great Recession: Evidence from the National Longitudinal Study of Youth 1997
by Egan, Mark & Daly, Michael & Delaney, Liam
- 106-113 The role of patient-provider interactions: Using an accounts framework to explain hospital discharges against medical advice
by Lekas, Helen-Maria & Alfandre, David & Gordon, Peter & Harwood, Katherine & Yin, Michael T.
- 114-124 Childhood adversity and adult health: Evaluating intervening mechanisms
by Turner, R. Jay & Thomas, Courtney S. & Brown, Tyson H.
- 125-133 Stress at work: Differential experiences of high versus low SES workers
by Damaske, Sarah & Zawadzki, Matthew J. & Smyth, Joshua M.
- 134-141 Discrimination and excessive weight gain during pregnancy among Black and Latina young women
by Reid, Allecia E. & Rosenthal, Lisa & Earnshaw, Valerie A. & Lewis, Tené T. & Lewis, Jessica B. & Stasko, Emily C. & Tobin, Jonathan N. & Ickovics, Jeannette R.
- 142-153 Increasing public support for food-industry related, obesity prevention policies: The role of a taste-engineering frame and contextualized values
by Ortiz, Selena E. & Zimmerman, Frederick J. & Adler, Gary J.
- 154-166 Long-term exposure to political violence: The particular injury of persistent humiliation
by Barber, Brian K. & McNeely, Clea & Olsen, Joseph A. & Belli, Robert F. & Doty, Samuel Benjamin
- 167-174 Couples living with and around alcohol abuse: A study of a farmworker community in the Cape Winelands, South Africa
by Lesch, Elmien & Adams, Arlene R.
- 175-183 Where the lay and the technical meet: Using an anthropology of interfaces to explain persistent reproductive health disparities in West Africa
by Jaffré, Yannick & Suh, Siri
- 184-191 Can alcohol make you happy? A subjective wellbeing approach
by Geiger, Ben Baumberg & MacKerron, George
- 192-203 Patients' perceptions and experiences of cardiovascular disease and diabetes prevention programmes: A systematic review and framework synthesis using the Theoretical Domains Framework
by Shaw, Rachel L. & Holland, Carol & Pattison, Helen M. & Cooke, Richard
- 204-211 Exploring the views of people with mental health problems' on the concept of coercion: Towards a broader socio-ethical perspective
by Norvoll, Reidun & Pedersen, Reidar
2016, Volume 155, Issue C
- 1-11 Driving through the Great Recession: Why does motor vehicle fatality decrease when the economy slows down?
by He, Monica M.
- 15-23 The roles of specialisation and evidence-based practice in inter-professional jurisdictions: A qualitative study of stroke services in England, Sweden and Poland
by Baeza, Juan I. & Boaz, Annette & Fraser, Alec
- 24-34 Change and stability in work–family conflict and mothers' and fathers' mental health: Longitudinal evidence from an Australian cohort
by Cooklin, A.R. & Dinh, H. & Strazdins, L. & Westrupp, E. & Leach, L.S. & Nicholson, J.M.
- 35-42 “Drop dead … I need your job”: An exploratory study of intra-professional conflict amongst nurses in two Ontario cities
by Boateng, Godfred O. & Adams, Tracey L.
- 43-50 Understanding kidney transplant patients' treatment choices: The interaction of emotion with medical and social influences on risk preferences
by Harrington, Jean & Morgan, Myfanwy
- 51-60 Enacting the molecular imperative: How gene-environment interaction research links bodies and environments in the post-genomic age
by Darling, Katherine Weatherford & Ackerman, Sara L. & Hiatt, Robert H. & Lee, Sandra Soo-Jin & Shim, Janet K.
- 61-72 Global health diplomacy: A critical review of the literature
by Ruckert, Arne & Labonté, Ronald & Lencucha, Raphael & Runnels, Vivien & Gagnon, Michelle
- 73-81 CAM within a field force of countervailing powers: The case of Portugal
by Almeida, Joana & Gabe, Jonathan
- 82-92 Reproductive history and post-reproductive mortality: A sibling comparison analysis using Swedish register data
by Barclay, Kieron & Keenan, Katherine & Grundy, Emily & Kolk, Martin & Myrskylä, Mikko
- 93-101 Cross-border ties and Arab American mental health
by Samari, Goleen
2016, Volume 154, Issue C
- 1-8 Socio-economic divergence in public opinions about preventive obesity regulations: Is the purpose to ‘make some things cheaper, more affordable’ or to ‘help them get over their own ignorance’?
by Farrell, Lucy C. & Warin, Megan J. & Moore, Vivienne M. & Street, Jackie M.
- 9-17 Gender balance and its impact on male and female smoking rates in Chinese cities
by Yang, Tingzhong & Barnett, Ross & Jiang, Shuhan & Yu, Lingwei & Xian, Hong & Ying, Jun & Zheng, Weijun
- 18-27 An education gradient in health, a health gradient in education, or a confounded gradient in both?
by Lynch, Jamie L. & von Hippel, Paul T.
- 28-35 A question of balance: Explaining differences between parental and grandparental perspectives on preschoolers' feeding and physical activity
by Eli, Karin & Howell, Kyndal & Fisher, Philip A. & Nowicka, Paulina
- 36-44 Educational mismatch and health status among foreign-born workers in Sweden
by Dunlavy, A.C. & Garcy, A.M. & Rostila, M.
- 45-53 Deciding to tell: Qualitative configurational analysis of decisions to disclose experience of intimate partner violence in antenatal care
by Spangaro, Jo & Koziol-McLain, Jane & Zwi, Anthony & Rutherford, Alison & Frail, Mary-Anne & Ruane, Jennifer
- 54-61 Living an everyday life with head and neck cancer 2–2.5 years post-diagnosis – A qualitative prospective study of 56 patients
by Isaksson, Joakim & Salander, Pär & Lilliehorn, Sara & Laurell, Göran
- 62-69 When can parents most influence their child's development? Expert knowledge and perceived local realities
by Worthman, Carol M. & Tomlinson, Mark & Rotheram-Borus, Mary Jane
- 70-84 Simultaneous effect of disabling conditions on primary health care use through a capability approach
by Bussière, Clémence & Sicsic, Jonathan & Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie
- 85-92 ‘I knew before I was told’: Breaches, cues and clues in the diagnostic assemblage
by Locock, Louise & Nettleton, Sarah & Kirkpatrick, Susan & Ryan, Sara & Ziebland, Sue
- 93-99 Are major behavioral and sociodemographic risk factors for mortality additive or multiplicative in their effects?
by Mehta, Neil & Preston, Samuel
- 100-109 “Have no regrets:” Parents' experiences and developmental tasks in pregnancy with a lethal fetal diagnosis
by Côté-Arsenault, Denise & Denney-Koelsch, Erin
2016, Volume 153, Issue C
- 1-11 Power and the association with relationship quality in South African couples: Implications for HIV/AIDS interventions
by Conroy, Amy A. & McGrath, Nuala & van Rooyen, Heidi & Hosegood, Victoria & Johnson, Mallory O. & Fritz, Katherine & Marr, Alexander & Ngubane, Thulani & Darbes, Lynae A.
- 12-19 Taming the fear of voice: Dilemmas in maintaining a high vaccination rate in the Netherlands
by Geelen, Els & van Vliet, Hans & de Hoogh, Pieter & Horstman, Klasien
- 20-26 The role of social support in protecting mental health when employed and unemployed: A longitudinal fixed-effects analysis using 12 annual waves of the HILDA cohort
by Milner, Allison & Krnjacki, Lauren & Butterworth, Peter & LaMontagne, Anthony D.
- 27-34 Perceived discrimination and poor health: Accounting for self-blame complicates a well-established relationship
by Blodorn, Alison & Major, Brenda & Kaiser, Cheryl
- 35-43 Evidence of social network influence on multiple HIV risk behaviors and normative beliefs among young Tanzanian men
by Mulawa, Marta & Yamanis, Thespina J. & Hill, Lauren M. & Balvanz, Peter & Kajula, Lusajo J. & Maman, Suzanne
- 44-53 IMF-lending programs and suicide mortality
by Goulas, Eleftherios & Zervoyianni, Athina
- 54-61 The myth of the total institution: Written narratives of patients' views of sanatorium care 1908–1959
by Bengtsson, Staffan & Bülow, Pia H.
- 62-70 Poverty dynamics in Germany: Evidence on the relationship between persistent poverty and health behavior
by Aue, Katja & Roosen, Jutta & Jensen, Helen H.
- 71-80 The 2008 financial crisis: Changes in social capital and its association with psychological wellbeing in the United Kingdom – A panel study
by Lindström, Martin & Giordano, Giuseppe N.
- 81-89 “Socioeconomic inequalities in children's accessibility to food retailing: Examining the roles of mobility and time”
by Ravensbergen, Léa & Buliung, Ron & Wilson, Kathi & Faulkner, Guy
- 90-98 Employment insecurity and mental health during the economic recession: An analysis of the young adult labour force in Italy
by Fiori, Francesca & Rinesi, Francesca & Spizzichino, Daniele & Di Giorgio, Ginevra
- 99-106 Polio vaccine hesitancy in the networks and neighborhoods of Malegaon, India
by Onnela, Jukka-Pekka & Landon, Bruce E. & Kahn, Anna-Lea & Ahmed, Danish & Verma, Harish & O'Malley, A. James & Bahl, Sunil & Sutter, Roland W. & Christakis, Nicholas A.
- 107-115 Double-jeopardy: The joint impact of neighborhood disadvantage and low social cohesion on cumulative risk of disease among African American men and women in the Jackson Heart Study
by Barber, Sharrelle & Hickson, DeMarc A. & Kawachi, Ichiro & Subramanian, S.V. & Earls, Felton
- 116-122 Educational attainment, time preference, and health-related behaviors: A mediation analysis from the J-SHINE survey
by Takagi, Daisuke & Kondo, Naoki & Takada, Misato & Hashimoto, Hideki
- 123-130 Intimate partner violence and HIV-positive women's non-adherence to antiretroviral medication for the purpose of prevention of mother-to-child transmission in Lusaka, Zambia
by Hampanda, Karen M.
- 131-140 Residential patterns in older homeless adults: Results of a cluster analysis
by Lee, Christopher Thomas & Guzman, David & Ponath, Claudia & Tieu, Lina & Riley, Elise & Kushel, Margot
- 141-147 Socioeconomic status discrimination is associated with poor sleep in African-Americans, but not Whites
by Van Dyke, Miriam E. & Vaccarino, Viola & Quyyumi, Arshed A. & Lewis, Tené T.
- 148-155 The influences of perceived social support and personality on trajectories of subsequent depressive symptoms in Taiwanese youth
by Lien, Yin-Ju & Hu, Jhih-Ning & Chen, Chia-Yi
- 156-164 Association of neighborhood context with offspring risk of preterm birth and low birthweight: A systematic review and meta-analysis of population-based studies
by Ncube, Collette N. & Enquobahrie, Daniel A. & Albert, Steven M. & Herrick, Amy L. & Burke, Jessica G.
- 165-173 Association of received social support with depressive symptoms among older males and females in Singapore: Is personal mastery an inconsistent mediator?
by Ang, Shannon & Malhotra, Rahul
- 174-181 Anger, frustration, boredom and the Department of Motor Vehicles: Can negative emotions impede organ donor registration?
by Siegel, Jason T. & Tan, Cara N. & Rosenberg, Benjamin D. & Navarro, Mario A. & Thomson, Andrew L. & Lyrintzis, Elena A. & Alvaro, Eusebio M. & Jones, Natalie D.
- 182-192 Does helping them benefit me? Examining the emotional cost and benefit of immigrants' pecuniary remittance behaviour in Canada
by Amoyaw, Jonathan Anim & Abada, Teresa
- 193-200 “Saving lives”: Adapting and adopting Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccination in Austria
by Paul, Katharina T.
- 201-209 “These things are dangerous”: Understanding induced abortion trajectories in urban Zambia
by Coast, Ernestina & Murray, Susan F.
- 210-219 The DEP-6D, a new preference-based measure to assess health states of dependency
by Rodríguez-Míguez, E. & Abellán-Perpiñán, J.M. & Alvarez, X.C. & González, X.M. & Sampayo, A.R.
- 220-229 Self-reported health and gender: The role of social norms
by Caroli, Eve & Weber-Baghdiguian, Lexane
- 230-239 Does parental migration really benefit left-behind children? Comparative evidence from Ethiopia, India, Peru and Vietnam
by Viet Nguyen, Cuong
- 240-249 Comparing national home-keeping and the regulation of translational stem cell applications: An international perspective
by Sleeboom-Faulkner, Margaret & Chekar, Choon Key & Faulkner, Alex & Heitmeyer, Carolyn & Marouda, Marina & Rosemann, Achim & Chaisinthop, Nattaka & Chang, Hung-Chieh (Jessica) & Ely, Adrian & Kato, Masae & Patra, Prasanna K. & Su, Yeyang & Sui, Suli & Suzuki, Wakana & Zhang, Xinqing
- 250-257 Child injury: Does home matter?
by Osborne, Jodie M. & Davey, Tamzyn M. & Spinks, Anneliese B. & McClure, Roderick J. & Sipe, Neil & Cameron, Cate M.
- 258-265 Stigma of persons with disabilities in Afghanistan: Examining the pathways from stereotyping to mental distress
by Trani, Jean-Francois & Ballard, Ellis & Peña, Juan B.
2016, Volume 152, Issue C
- 1-8 “I'm running my depression:” Self-management of depression in neoliberal Australia
by Brijnath, Bianca & Antoniades, Josefine
- 9-17 The relationship between international trade and non-nutritional health outcomes: A systematic review of quantitative studies
by Burns, Darren K. & Jones, Andrew P. & Suhrcke, Marc
- 18-26 The effects of relocation and level of affectedness on mood and anxiety symptom treatments after the 2011 Christchurch earthquake
by Hogg, Daniel & Kingham, Simon & Wilson, Thomas M. & Ardagh, Michael
- 27-34 ‘Signposts on the journey’; medication adherence and the lived body in men with Parkinson's disease
by Gibson, Grant
- 35-40 Food policy in the Canadian North: Is there a role for country food markets?
by Ford, James D. & Macdonald, Joanna Petrasek & Huet, Catherine & Statham, Sara & MacRury, Allison
- 41-49 Proportionate universalism in practice? A quasi-experimental study (GoWell) of a UK neighbourhood renewal programme's impact on health inequalities
by Egan, Matt & Kearns, Ade & Katikireddi, Srinivasa V. & Curl, Angela & Lawson, Kenny & Tannahill, Carol
- 50-60 A scoping review of female disadvantage in health care use among very young children of immigrant families
by Pulver, Ariel & Ramraj, Chantel & Ray, Joel G. & O'Campo, Patricia & Urquia, Marcelo L.
- 61-69 The effect of peers on HIV infection expectations among Malawian adolescents: Using an instrumental variables/school fixed effect approach
by Kim, Jinho
- 70-79 Introducing smoking cessation to Indonesian males treated for tuberculosis: The challenges of low–moderate level smoking
by Nichter, Mark & Padmawati, Siwi & Ng, Nawi
- 80-86 Do stress, health behavior, and sleep mediate the association between loneliness and adverse health conditions among older people?
by Christiansen, Julie & Larsen, Finn Breinholt & Lasgaard, Mathias
- 87-95 The impact of a conditional cash transfer program on the utilization of non-targeted services: Evidence from Afghanistan
by Witvorapong, Nopphol & Foshanji, Abo Ismael
- 96-101 Longitudinal association between time-varying social isolation and psychological distress after the Great East Japan Earthquake
by Sone, Toshimasa & Nakaya, Naoki & Sugawara, Yumi & Tomata, Yasutake & Watanabe, Takashi & Tsuji, Ichiro
- 102-110 Obstacles to “race equality” in the English National Health Service: Insights from the healthcare commissioning arena
by Salway, Sarah & Mir, Ghazala & Turner, Daniel & Ellison, George T.H. & Carter, Lynne & Gerrish, Kate
- 111-118 Relative deprivation and risk factors for obesity in Canadian adolescents
by Elgar, Frank J. & Xie, Annie & Pförtner, Timo-Kolja & White, James & Pickett, Kate E.
- 119-124 Effect of corruption on healthcare satisfaction in post-soviet nations: A cross-country instrumental variable analysis of twelve countries
by Habibov, Nazim
- 125-137 Violence against children in humanitarian settings: A literature review of population-based approaches
by Stark, Lindsay & Landis, Debbie
- 138-146 Scarcity discourses and their impacts on renal care policy, practices, and everyday experiences in rural British Columbia
by Brassolotto, Julia & Daly, Tamara
- 147-155 Life course SES and cardiovascular risk: Heterogeneity across race/ethnicity and gender
by Walsemann, Katrina M. & Goosby, Bridget J. & Farr, Deeonna
- 156-165 How does dementia onset in parents influence unmarried adult children's wealth
by Arora, Kanika
- 166-175 The impact of caring for grandchildren on the health of grandparents in Europe: A lifecourse approach
by Di Gessa, Giorgio & Glaser, Karen & Tinker, Anthea
- 176-185 The relative importance of health, income and social relations for subjective well-being: An integrative analysis
by Lamu, Admassu N. & Olsen, Jan Abel
2016, Volume 151, Issue C
- 1-10 Medical Savings Account balance and outpatient utilization: Evidence from Guangzhou, China
by Zhang, Hui & Yuen, Peter P.
- 11-18 Pragmatic prevention, permanent solution: Women's experiences with hysterectomy in rural India
by Desai, Sapna
- 19-26 Does retirement (really) lead to worse health among European men and women across all educational levels?
by Hessel, Philipp
- 27-37 Place-based perceptions of the impacts of fracking along the Marcellus Shale
by Sangaramoorthy, Thurka & Jamison, Amelia M. & Boyle, Meleah D. & Payne-Sturges, Devon C. & Sapkota, Amir & Milton, Donald K. & Wilson, Sacoby M.
- 38-45 Participants' use of enacted scenes in research interviews: A method for reflexive analysis in health and social care
by James, Deborah Michelle & Pilnick, Alison & Hall, Alex & Collins, Luke
- 46-55 Effects of reduced cost-sharing on children's health: Evidence from Japan
by Takaku, Reo
- 56-68 Capability deprivation of people with Alzheimer's disease: An empirical analysis using a national survey
by Tellez, Juan & Krishnakumar, Jaya & Bungener, Martine & Le Galès, Catherine
- 69-77 Food insufficiency, depression, and the modifying role of social support: Evidence from a population-based, prospective cohort of pregnant women in peri-urban South Africa
by Tsai, Alexander C. & Tomlinson, Mark & Comulada, W. Scott & Rotheram-Borus, Mary Jane
- 78-91 Are natural disasters in early childhood associated with mental health and substance use disorders as an adult?
by Maclean, Johanna Catherine & Popovici, Ioana & French, Michael T.
- 92-99 Doing your own time: Peer integration, aggression and mental health in Dutch male detainment facilities
by Kreager, Derek A. & Palmen, Hanneke & Dirkzwager, Anja J.E. & Nieuwbeerta, Paul
- 100-109 Are status inconsistency, work stress and work-family conflict associated with depressive symptoms? Testing prospective evidence in the lidA study
by Peter, Richard & March, Stefanie & du Prel, Jean-Baptist
- 110-120 Therapeutic substitutions in the midst of new technology diffusion: The case of treatment for localized prostate cancer
by Shen, Chan & Tina Shih, Ya-Chen
- 121-129 A new normal?: Women's experiences of biographical disruption and liminality following treatment for early stage breast cancer
by Trusson, Diane & Pilnick, Alison & Roy, Srila
- 130-138 Life course socioeconomic status and the decline in information processing speed in late life
by Staff, R.T. & Chapko, D. & Hogan, M.J. & Whalley, L.J.
- 139-146 Nuancing stigma through ethnography: the case of cutaneous leishmaniasis in Suriname
by Ramdas, Sahienshadebie & van der Geest, Sjaak & Schallig, Henk D.F.H.
- 147-156 Does integration of HIV and sexual and reproductive health services improve technical efficiency in Kenya and Swaziland? An application of a two-stage semi parametric approach incorporating quality measures
by Obure, Carol Dayo & Jacobs, Rowena & Guinness, Lorna & Mayhew, Susannah & Vassall, Anna
- 157-166 Endorsement of universal health coverage financial principles in Burkina Faso
by Agier, Isabelle & Ly, Antarou & Kadio, Kadidiatou & Kouanda, Seni & Ridde, Valéry
- 167-172 Systems, not pills: The options market for antibiotics seeks to rejuvenate the antibiotic pipeline
by Brogan, David M. & Mossialos, Elias
- 173-186 Socioeconomic inequalities in informal payments for health care: An assessment of the ‘Robin Hood’ hypothesis in 33 African countries
by Kankeu, Hyacinthe Tchewonpi & Ventelou, Bruno
- 187-195 Do community- and individual-level social relationships contribute to the mental health of disaster survivors?: A multilevel prospective study after the Great East Japan Earthquake
by Matsuyama, Yusuke & Aida, Jun & Hase, Akihiro & Sato, Yukihiro & Koyama, Shihoko & Tsuboya, Toru & Osaka, Ken
- 196-205 Psychological pathways from social integration to health: An examination of different demographic groups in Canada
by Na, Ling & Hample, Dale
- 206-214 Maternal distress and child neuroendocrine and immune regulation
by Riis, Jenna L. & Granger, Douglas A. & Minkovitz, Cynthia S. & Bandeen-Roche, Karen & DiPietro, Janet A. & Johnson, Sara B.
- 215-224 Towards deep inclusion for equity-oriented health research priority-setting: A working model
by Pratt, Bridget & Merritt, Maria & Hyder, Adnan A.
- 225-232 Housing tenure and affordability and mental health following disability acquisition in adulthood
by Kavanagh, Anne M. & Aitken, Zoe & Baker, Emma & LaMontagne, Anthony D. & Milner, Allison & Bentley, Rebecca
- 233-240 The value of reducing HIV stigma
by Brent, Robert J.
- 241-249 “When the honeymoon is over, the real work begins:” Gastric bypass patients' weight loss trajectories and dietary change experiences
by Lynch, Amanda
- 250-258 The effect of economic insecurity on mental health: Recent evidence from Australian panel data
by Rohde, Nicholas & Tang, K.K. & Osberg, Lars & Rao, Prasada
2016, Volume 150, Issue C
- 1-7 Null association between workplace social capital and body mass index. Results from a four-wave panel survey among employees in Japan (J-HOPE study)
by Tsuboya, Toru & Tsutsumi, Akizumi & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 8-14 Low-income Children's participation in the National School Lunch Program and household food insufficiency
by Huang, Jin & Barnidge, Ellen
- 15-22 Education, individual time preferences, and asymptomatic disease detection
by Kim, Younoh & Radoias, Vlad
- 23-30 Women's autonomy and cervical cancer screening in the Lesotho Demographic and Health Survey 2009
by Viens, Laura J. & Clouston, Sean & Messina, Catherine R.
- 31-39 Invisible walls within multidisciplinary teams: Disciplinary boundaries and their effects on integrated care
by Liberati, Elisa Giulia & Gorli, Mara & Scaratti, Giuseppe
- 40-48 How you ask is what you get: Framing effects in willingness-to-pay for a QALY
by Ahlert, Marlies & Breyer, Friedrich & Schwettmann, Lars
- 49-56 Migrant encounters in the clinic: Bureaucratic, biomedical, and community influences on patient interactions with front-line workers
by Smith, Sarah A.
- 57-66 Neoliberalism and indigenous knowledge: Māori health research and the cultural politics of New Zealand's “National Science Challenges”
by Prussing, Erica & Newbury, Elizabeth
- 67-75 Psychosocial factors and pre-abortion psychological health: The significance of stigma
by Steinberg, Julia R. & Tschann, Jeanne M. & Furgerson, Dorothy & Harper, Cynthia C.
- 76-84 Does income relate to health due to psychosocial or material factors? Consistent support for the psychosocial hypothesis requires operationalization with income rank not the Yitzhaki Index
by Hounkpatin, Hilda Osafo & Wood, Alex M. & Dunn, Graham
- 85-94 Analysing collaboration among HIV agencies through combining network theory and relational coordination
by Khosla, Nidhi & Marsteller, Jill Ann & Hsu, Yea Jen & Elliott, David L.
- 95-103 The effect of living alone on the costs and benefits of surgery amongst older people
by Turner, Alex J. & Nikolova, Silviya & Sutton, Matt
- 104-111 Better the donor you know? A qualitative study of renal patients' views on ‘altruistic’ live-donor kidney transplantation
by Bailey, Phillippa K. & Ben-Shlomo, Yoav & de Salis, Isabel & Tomson, Charles & Owen-Smith, Amanda
- 112-116 The Education-health Nexus: Fact and fiction
by Böckerman, Petri & Maczulskij, Terhi
- 117-127 “Doctor my eyes”: A natural experiment on the demand for eye care services
by Dickey, H. & Ikenwilo, D. & Norwood, P. & Watson, V. & Zangelidis, A.
- 128-143 Understanding the role of Indigenous community participation in Indigenous prenatal and infant-toddler health promotion programs in Canada: A realist review
by Smylie, Janet & Kirst, Maritt & McShane, Kelly & Firestone, Michelle & Wolfe, Sara & O'Campo, Patricia
- 144-152 Deviance and resistance: Malaria elimination in the greater Mekong subregion
by Lyttleton, Chris
- 153-159 The assisted presentations of self in nursing home life
by Næss, Anders & Fjær, Eivind Grip & Vabø, Mia
- 160-171 Situated knowledge of pathogenic landscapes in Ghana: Understanding the emergence of Buruli ulcer through qualitative analysis
by Tschakert, Petra & Ricciardi, Vincent & Smithwick, Erica & Machado, Mario & Ferring, David & Hausermann, Heidi & Bug, Leah
- 172-183 Socioeconomic inequality in health in the British household panel: Tests of the social causation, health selection and the indirect selection hypothesis using dynamic fixed effects panel models
by Foverskov, Else & Holm, Anders