Social Science & Medicine
2017, Volume 183, Issue C
- 37-47 Community-directed mass drug administration is undermined by status seeking in friendship networks and inadequate trust in health advice networks
by Chami, Goylette F. & Kontoleon, Andreas A. & Bulte, Erwin & Fenwick, Alan & Kabatereine, Narcis B. & Tukahebwa, Edridah M. & Dunne, David W.
- 48-55 Controversies about cervical cancer screening: A qualitative study of Roma women's (non)participation in cervical cancer screening in Romania
by Andreassen, Trude & Weiderpass, Elisabete & Nicula, Florian & Suteu, Ofelia & Itu, Andreea & Bumbu, Minodora & Tincu, Aida & Ursin, Giske & Moen, Kåre
- 56-61 Spillovers between siblings and from offspring to parents are understudied: A review and future directions for research
by De Neve, Jan-Walter & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 62-69 “How can anybody be representative for those kind of people?” Forms of patient representation in health research, and why it is always contestable
by Maguire, Kath & Britten, Nicky
- 70-79 Transnationalism and health: A systematic literature review on the use of transnationalism in the study of the health practices and behaviors of migrants
by Villa-Torres, Laura & González-Vázquez, Tonatiuh & Fleming, Paul J. & González-González, Edgar Leonel & Infante-Xibille, César & Chavez, Rebecca & Barrington, Clare
- 80-87 Longitudinal associations of experiences of adversity and socioeconomic disadvantage during childhood with labour force participation and exit in later adulthood
by Fahy, A.E. & Stansfeld, S.A. & Smuk, M. & Lain, D. & van der Horst, M. & Vickerstaff, S. & Clark, C.
- 88-96 Finding joy in poor health: The leisure-scapes of chronic illness
by McQuoid, Julia
- 97-105 Perceived mHealth barriers and benefits for home-based HIV testing and counseling and other care: Qualitative findings from health officials, community health workers, and persons living with HIV in South Africa
by van Heerden, Alastair & Harris, Danielle M. & van Rooyen, Heidi & Barnabas, Ruanne V. & Ramanathan, Nithya & Ngcobo, Nkosinathi & Mpiyakhe, Zukiswa & Comulada, W. Scott
- 106-115 Medicalized addiction, self-medication, or nonmedical prescription drug use? How trust figures into incarcerated women's conceptualization of illicit prescription drug use
by Smirnova, Michelle & Owens, Jennifer Gatewood
- 116-125 The costs of acute readmissions to a different hospital – Does the effect vary across provider types?
by Møller Dahl, Christian & Planck Kongstad, Line
- 126-129 Neighborhood disorder and glycemic control in late adolescents with Type 1 diabetes
by Queen, Tara L. & Baucom, Katherine J.W. & Baker, Ashley C. & Mello, Daniel & Berg, Cynthia A. & Wiebe, Deborah J.
- 130-141 Native-immigrant occupational segregation and worker health in the United States, 2004–2014
by Fan, Wen & Qian, Yue
- 142-150 Contextualising renal patient routines: Everyday space-time contexts, health service access, and wellbeing
by McQuoid, Julia & Jowsey, Tanisha & Talaulikar, Girish
- 151-162 How is depression experienced around the world? A systematic review of qualitative literature
by Haroz, E.E. & Ritchey, M. & Bass, J.K. & Kohrt, B.A. & Augustinavicius, J. & Michalopoulos, L. & Burkey, M.D. & Bolton, P.
2017, Volume 182, Issue C
- 1-9 “I started working because I was hungry”: The consequences of food insecurity for children's well-being in rural Ethiopia
by Morrow, Virginia & Tafere, Yisak & Chuta, Nardos & Zharkevich, Ina
- 10-19 Doctors' experience of coordination across care levels and associated factors. A cross-sectional study in public healthcare networks of six Latin American countries
by Vázquez, María-Luisa & Vargas, Ingrid & Garcia-Subirats, Irene & Unger, Jean-Pierre & De Paepe, Pierre & Mogollón-Pérez, Amparo Susana & Samico, Isabella & Eguiguren, Pamela & Cisneros, Angelica-Ivonne & Huerta, Adriana & Muruaga, María-Cecilia & Bertolotto, Fernando
- 20-29 The network structure of sex partner meeting places reported by HIV-infected MSM: Opportunities for HIV targeted control
by Brantley, Meredith & Schumacher, Christina & Fields, Errol L. & Perin, Jamie & Safi, Amelia Greiner & Ellen, Jonathan M. & Muvva, Ravikiran & Chaulk, Patrick & Jennings, Jacky M.
- 30-44 Health & access to care among working-age lower income adults in the Great Recession: Disparities across race and ethnicity and geospatial factors
by Towne, Samuel D. & Probst, Janice C. & Hardin, James W. & Bell, Bethany A. & Glover, Saundra
- 45-51 Is a hilly neighborhood environment associated with diabetes mellitus among older people? Results from the JAGES 2010 study
by Fujiwara, Takeo & Takamoto, Iseki & Amemiya, Airi & Hanazato, Masamichi & Suzuki, Norimichi & Nagamine, Yuiko & Sasaki, Yuri & Tani, Yukako & Yazawa, Aki & Inoue, Yosuke & Shirai, Kokoro & Shobugawa, Yugo & Kondo, Naoki & Kondo, Katsunori
- 52-59 The gap between entitlement and access to healthcare: An analysis of “candidacy” in the help-seeking trajectories of asylum seekers in Montreal
by Chase, Liana E. & Cleveland, Janet & Beatson, Jesse & Rousseau, Cécile
- 60-67 Accessibility of tertiary hospitals in Finland: A comparison of administrative and normative catchment areas
by Huotari, Tiina & Antikainen, Harri & Keistinen, Timo & Rusanen, Jarmo
- 68-72 I care, even after the first impression: Facial appearance-based evaluations in healthcare context
by Mattarozzi, Katia & Colonnello, Valentina & De Gioia, Francesco & Todorov, Alexander
- 73-80 Discredited legacy: Stigma and familial amyloid polyneuropathy in Northwestern Portugal
by Mendes, Álvaro & Sousa, Liliana & Sequeiros, Jorge & Clarke, Angus
- 81-88 Performing boundary work: The emergence of a new practice in a hybrid operating room
by Lindberg, Kajsa & Walter, Lars & Raviola, Elena
- 89-96 Child disability and siblings' healthcare expenditures in a context of child fostering
by Simo Fotso, Arlette
- 97-105 The benefits of paid maternity leave for mothers' post-partum health and wellbeing: Evidence from an Australian evaluation
by Hewitt, Belinda & Strazdins, Lyndall & Martin, Bill
- 106-116 An assessment of the social cognitive predictors of exclusive breastfeeding behavior using the Health Action Process Approach
by Martinez-Brockman, J.L. & Shebl, F.M. & Harari, N. & Pérez-Escamilla, R.
- 117-126 Health policy in the concertación era (1990–2010): Reforms the chilean way
by Martinez-Gutierrez, María Soledad & Cuadrado, Cristóbal
- 127-135 Political gender inequality and infant mortality in the United States, 1990–2012
by Homan, Patricia
- 136-141 Social identity and support for counteracting tobacco company marketing that targets vulnerable populations
by Baig, Sabeeh A. & Pepper, Jessica K. & Morgan, Jennifer C. & Brewer, Noel T.
- 142-149 Ebola-related stigma in Ghana: Individual and community level determinants
by Tenkorang, Eric Y.
- 150-157 Problematic social media use and depressive symptoms among U.S. young adults: A nationally-representative study
by Shensa, Ariel & Escobar-Viera, César G. & Sidani, Jaime E. & Bowman, Nicholas D. & Marshal, Michael P. & Primack, Brian A.
2017, Volume 181, Issue C
- 1-8 Do online reviews diminish physician authority? The case of cosmetic surgery in the U.S
by Menon, Alka V.
- 9-16 Physician associates in primary health care in England: A challenge to professional boundaries?
by Drennan, Vari M. & Gabe, Jonathon & Halter, Mary & de Lusignan, Simon & Levenson, Ros
- 17-23 The role of city income inequality, sex ratio and youth mortality rates in the effect of violent victimization on health-risk behaviors in Brazilian adolescents
by Ramos, Dandara de Oliveira & Daly, Martin & Seidl-de-Moura, Maria Lucia & Nadanovsky, Paulo
- 24-33 Hospitalizations for ambulatory care sensitive conditions across primary care models in Ontario, Canada
by Laberge, Maude & Wodchis, Walter P. & Barnsley, Jan & Laporte, Audrey
- 34-42 The problem of choice: From the voluntary way to Affordable Care Act health insurance exchanges
by Mulligan, Jessica
- 43-53 Persistence of pandemic influenza on the development of children: Evidence from industrializing Japan
by Ogasawara, Kota
- 54-65 Changing health care provider performance through measurement
by Leonard, Kenneth L. & Masatu, Melkiory C.
- 66-73 “Even my sister says I'm acting like a crazy to get a check”: Race, gender, and moral boundary-work in women's claims of disabling chronic pain
by Pryma, Jane
- 74-82 Is foreign direct investment good for health in low and middle income countries? An instrumental variable approach
by Burns, Darren K. & Jones, Andrew P. & Goryakin, Yevgeniy & Suhrcke, Marc
- 83-92 Extending health insurance to the poor in India: An impact evaluation of Rashtriya Swasthya Bima Yojana on out of pocket spending for healthcare
by Karan, Anup & Yip, Winnie & Mahal, Ajay
- 93-101 Adult children's education and changes to parents' physical health in Mexico
by Yahirun, Jenjira J. & Sheehan, Connor M. & Hayward, Mark D.
- 102-111 Accomplishing professional jurisdiction in intensive care: An ethnographic study of three units
by Xyrichis, Andreas & Lowton, Karen & Rafferty, Anne Marie
- 112-121 Household social capital and socioeconomic inequalities in child undernutrition in rural India
by Story, William T. & Carpiano, Richard M.
- 122-130 The effect of employment transitions on physical health among the elderly in South Korea: A longitudinal analysis of the Korean Retirement and Income Study
by Lee, Juyeon & Kim, Myoung-Hee
- 131-138 Visibility, respectability, and disengagement: The everyday resistance of mothers with disabilities
by Frederick, Angela
- 139-147 State political ideology, policies and health behaviors: The case of tobacco
by Fox, Ashley M. & Feng, Wenhui & Yumkham, Rakesh
- 148-157 Female sex workers use power over their day-to-day lives to meet the condition of a conditional cash transfer intervention to incentivize safe sex
by Cooper, Jan E. & Dow, William H. & de Walque, Damien & Keller, Ann C. & McCoy, Sandra I. & Fernald, Lia C.H. & Balampama, Marianna P. & Kalolella, Admirabilis & Packel, Laura J. & Wechsberg, Wendee M. & Ozer, Emily J.
- 158-167 Acceptable health and priority weighting: Discussing a reference-level approach using sufficientarian reasoning
by Wouters, S. & van Exel, N.J.A. & Rohde, K.I.M. & Vromen, J.J. & Brouwer, W.B.F.
- 168-176 Changes in household food insecurity are related to changes in BMI and diet quality among Michigan Head Start preschoolers in a sex-specific manner
by Jansen, Erica C. & Kasper, Nicole & Lumeng, Julie C. & Brophy Herb, Holly E. & Horodynski, Mildred A. & Miller, Alison L. & Contreras, Dawn & Peterson, Karen E.
- 177-183 Socio-psychological mediators of the relationship between behavioral health stigma and psychiatric symptoms
by Hunter, Bronwyn A. & Mohatt, Nathaniel Vincent & Prince, Dana M. & Thompson, Azure B. & Matlin, Samantha L. & Tebes, Jacob Kraemer
- 184-190 Stability of coping and the role of self-efficacy in the first year following mild traumatic brain injury
by Scheenen, Myrthe E. & van der Horn, Harm J. & de Koning, Myrthe E. & van der Naalt, Joukje & Spikman, Jacoba M.
- 191-198 County-level racial prejudice and the black-white gap in infant health outcomes
by Orchard, Jacob & Price, Joseph
2017, Volume 180, Issue C
- 1-9 The effects of women's education on maternal health: Evidence from Peru
by Weitzman, Abigail
- 10-19 How did the Good School Toolkit reduce the risk of past week physical violence from teachers to students? Qualitative findings on pathways of change in schools in Luwero, Uganda
by Kyegombe, N. & Namakula, S. & Mulindwa, J. & Lwanyaaga, J. & Naker, D. & Namy, S. & Nakuti, J. & Parkes, J. & Knight, L. & Walakira, E. & Devries, K.M.
- 20-27 The social logic of naloxone: Peer administration, harm reduction, and the transformation of social policy
by Faulkner-Gurstein, Rachel
- 28-35 The impact of welfare reform on the health insurance coverage, utilization and health of low education single mothers
by Narain, Kimberly & Bitler, Marianne & Ponce, Ninez & Kominski, Gerald & Ettner, Susan
- 36-44 The sociology of space as a catalyst for innovation in the health sector
by Saidi, Trust & de Villiers, Katusha & Douglas, Tania S.
- 45-51 Stability and change in disease prestige: A comparative analysis of three surveys spanning a quarter of a century
by Album, Dag & Johannessen, Lars E.F. & Rasmussen, Erik B.
- 52-61 Spatio-temporal neighborhood impacts on internalizing and externalizing behaviors in U.S. elementary school children: Effect modification by child and family socio-demographics
by Humphrey, Jamie L. & Root, Elisabeth D.
- 62-75 Tolerance of uncertainty: Conceptual analysis, integrative model, and implications for healthcare
by Hillen, Marij A. & Gutheil, Caitlin M. & Strout, Tania D. & Smets, Ellen M.A. & Han, Paul K.J.
- 76-84 Bureaucratization and medical professionals’ values: A cross-national analysis
by Racko, Girts
- 85-93 The socio-political context of migration and reproductive health disparities: The case of early sexual initiation among Mexican-origin immigrant young women
by Coleman-Minahan, Kate
- 94-100 The impact of transitions in insurance coverage on GP visiting among children in Ireland
by Nolan, Anne & Layte, Richard
- 101-105 Does educational attainment shape reactions to genetic risk for Alzheimer's disease? Results from a national survey experiment
by Andersson, Matthew A. & Gadarian, Shana Kushner & Almeling, Rene
- 106-113 A visual analysis of gender bias in contemporary anatomy textbooks
by Parker, Rhiannon & Larkin, Theresa & Cockburn, Jon
- 114-124 The harder they fall? Sex and race/ethnic specific suicide rates in the U.S. foreclosure crisis
by Houle, Jason N. & Light, Michael T.
- 125-134 The intimate relationship as a site of social protection: Partnerships between people who inject drugs
by Rhodes, Tim & Rance, Jake & Fraser, Suzanne & Treloar, Carla
- 135-142 Varying cognitive targets and response rates to enhance the question-behaviour effect: An 8-arm Randomized Controlled Trial on influenza vaccination uptake
by Conner, Mark & Sandberg, Tracy & Nekitsing, Chandani & Hutter, Russell & Wood, Chantelle & Jackson, Cath & Godin, Gaston & Sheeran, Paschal
- 143-151 The more the heavier? Family size and childhood obesity in the U.S
by Datar, Ashlesha
- 152-159 Does the media matter to suicide?: Examining the social dynamics surrounding media reporting on suicide in a suicide-prone community
by Mueller, Anna S.
- 160-169 Variola minor in coalfield areas of England and Wales, 1921–34: Geographical determinants of a national smallpox epidemic that spread out of effective control
by Smallman-Raynor, Matthew R. & Rafferty, Sarah & Cliff, Andrew D.
- 170-180 Food as a social determinant of mental health among household heads in the Upper West Region of Ghana
by Atuoye, Kilian Nasung & Luginaah, Isaac
- 181-192 Reduced burden of childhood diarrheal diseases through increased access to water and sanitation in India: A modeling analysis
by Nandi, Arindam & Megiddo, Itamar & Ashok, Ashvin & Verma, Amit & Laxminarayan, Ramanan
2017, Volume 179, Issue C
- 1-8 Tinkering toward departure: The limits of improvisation in rural Ethiopian biomedical practices
by Rieder, Stephanie
- 9-17 The impact of healthcare spending on health outcomes: A meta-regression analysis
by Gallet, Craig A. & Doucouliagos, Hristos
- 18-26 Fetal health stagnation: Have health conditions in utero improved in the United States and Western and Northern Europe over the past 150 years?
by Schneider, Eric B.
- 27-35 Immediate and sustained effects of user fee exemption on healthcare utilization among children under five in Burkina Faso: A controlled interrupted time-series analysis
by Zombré, David & De Allegri, Manuela & Ridde, Valéry
- 36-44 The effect of race and birth cohort on the veteran mortality differential
by Landes, Scott D. & Wilder, JeffriAnne & Williams, Desiree
- 45-51 Multi-scalar influences on mortality change over time in 274 European cities
by Richardson, Elizabeth A. & Moon, Graham & Pearce, Jamie & Shortt, Niamh K. & Mitchell, Richard
- 52-60 Water insecurity in a syndemic context: Understanding the psycho-emotional stress of water insecurity in Lesotho, Africa
by Workman, Cassandra L. & Ureksoy, Heather
- 61-73 Effects of Payment for Performance on accountability mechanisms: Evidence from Pwani, Tanzania
by Mayumana, Iddy & Borghi, Jo & Anselmi, Laura & Mamdani, Masuma & Lange, Siri
- 74-80 Does autonomy for public hospitals in developing countries increase performance? Evidence-based case studies
by De Geyndt, Willy
- 81-90 Growth recovery and faltering through early adolescence in low- and middle-income countries: Determinants and implications for cognitive development
by Georgiadis, Andreas & Benny, Liza & Duc, Le Thuc & Galab, Sheikh & Reddy, Prudhvikar & Woldehanna, Tassew
- 91-96 New Zealand Healthline call data used to measure the effect of travel time on the use of the emergency department
by Griffin, Edward & McCarthy, John P. & Thomas, Fiona & Kingham, Simon
- 97-105 Longitudinal associations of intimate partner violence attitudes and perpetration: Dyadic couples data from a randomized controlled trial in rural India
by Shakya, Holly B. & Fleming, Paul & Saggurti, Niranjan & Donta, Balaiah & Silverman, Jay & Raj, Anita
- 106-114 Epidemiological placism in public health emergencies: Ebola in two Dallas neighborhoods
by Smith-Morris, Carolyn
- 115-128 HIV risk behaviours among immigrant and ethnic minority gay and bisexual men in North America and Europe: A systematic review
by Lewis, Nathaniel M. & Wilson, Kathi
- 129-136 Feeding premature neonates: Kinship and species in translational neonatology
by Dam, Mie S. & Juhl, Sandra M. & Sangild, Per T. & Svendsen,, Mette N.
- 137-146 The quasi-market for adult residential care in the UK: Do for-profit, not-for-profit or public sector residential care and nursing homes provide better quality care?
by Barron, David N. & West, Elizabeth
- 147-159 Physicians’ responses to financial and social incentives: A medically framed real effort experiment
by Lagarde, Mylène & Blaauw, Duane
- 160-165 Cumulative receipt of an anti-poverty tax credit for families did not impact tobacco smoking among parents
by Pega, Frank & Gilsanz, Paola & Kawachi, Ichiro & Wilson, Nick & Blakely, Tony
- 166-171 Influencing health policy through public deliberation: Lessons learned from two decades of Citizens'/community juries
by Degeling, Chris & Rychetnik, Lucie & Street, Jackie & Thomas, Rae & Carter, Stacy M.
- 172-181 The impact of community context on children's health and nutritional status in China
by Lei, Lei
- 182-190 Attributing a monetary value to patients' time: A contingent valuation approach
by van den Berg, Bernard & Gafni, Amiram & Portrait, France
- 191-200 Social capital, deprivation and self-rated health: Does reporting heterogeneity play a role? Results from the English Longitudinal Study of Ageing
by O'Doherty, M.G. & French, D. & Steptoe, A. & Kee, F.
- 201-209 Anticipated support from children and later-life health in the United States and China
by Cheng, Cheng
- 210-217 The policy work of piloting: Mobilising and managing conflict and ambiguity in the English NHS
by Bailey, Simon & Checkland, Kath & Hodgson, Damian & McBride, Anne & Elvey, Rebecca & Parkin, Stephen & Rothwell, Katy & Pierides, Dean
2017, Volume 178, Issue C
- 1-10 Labor market consequences of growing up with a sibling with type 1-diabetes
by Lovén, Ida
- 11-18 Sensitivity of measuring the progress in financial risk protection to survey design and its socioeconomic and demographic determinants: A case study in Rwanda
by Lu, Chunling & Liu, Kai & Li, Lingling & Yang, Yuhong
- 19-27 The Patient Feedback Response Framework – Understanding why UK hospital staff find it difficult to make improvements based on patient feedback: A qualitative study
by Sheard, Laura & Marsh, Claire & O'Hara, Jane & Armitage, Gerry & Wright, John & Lawton, Rebecca
- 28-37 Revisiting informal payments in 29 transitional countries: The scale and socio-economic correlates
by Habibov, Nazim & Cheung, Alex
- 38-45 Accepted monitoring or endured quarantine? Ebola contacts' perceptions in Senegal
by Desclaux, Alice & Badji, Dioumel & Ndione, Albert Gautier & Sow, Khoudia
- 46-54 Changing the navigator's course: How the increasing rationalization of healthcare influences access for undocumented immigrants under the Affordable Care Act
by López-Sanders, Laura
- 55-65 A qualitative study of factors impacting accessing of institutional delivery care in the context of India's cash incentive program
by Vellakkal, Sukumar & Reddy, Hanimi & Gupta, Adyya & Chandran, Anil & Fledderjohann, Jasmine & Stuckler, David
- 66-77 Experiences of stigma and discrimination faced by family caregivers of people with schizophrenia in India
by Koschorke, Mirja & Padmavati, R. & Kumar, Shuba & Cohen, Alex & Weiss, Helen A. & Chatterjee, Sudipto & Pereira, Jesina & Naik, Smita & John, Sujit & Dabholkar, Hamid & Balaji, Madhumitha & Chavan, Animish & Varghese, Mathew & Thara, R. & Patel, Vikram & Thornicroft, Graham
- 78-86 Mental retirement and health selection: Analyses from the U.S. Health and Retirement Study
by Clouston, Sean A.P. & Denier, Nicole
- 87-94 “They treated me like crap and I know it was because I was Native”: The healthcare experiences of Aboriginal peoples living in Vancouver's inner city
by Goodman, Ashley & Fleming, Kim & Markwick, Nicole & Morrison, Tracey & Lagimodiere, Louise & Kerr, Thomas
- 95-103 Job satisfaction developmental trajectories and health: A life course perspective
by Dirlam, Jonathan & Zheng, Hui
- 104-114 When high pressure, system constraints, and a social justice mission collide: A socio-structural analysis of emergency department social work services
by Moore, Megan & Cristofalo, Margaret & Dotolo, Danae & Torres, Nicole & Lahdya, Alexandra & Ho, Leyna & Vogel, Mia & Forrester, Mollie & Conley, Bonnie & Fouts, Susan
- 115-126 Do U.S. states' socioeconomic and policy contexts shape adult disability?
by Montez, Jennifer Karas & Hayward, Mark D. & Wolf, Douglas A.
- 127-135 How financial strain affects health: Evidence from the Dutch National Bank Household Survey
by Prentice, Carla & McKillop, Donal & French, Declan
- 136-143 Where biomedicalisation and magic meet: Therapeutic innovations of elite sports injury in British professional football and cycling
by Faulkner, Alex & McNamee, Michael & Coveney, Catherine & Gabe, Jonathan
- 144-156 Child mortality, commodity price volatility and the resource curse
by Makhlouf, Yousef & Kellard, Neil M. & Vinogradov, Dmitri
- 157-166 The influence of welfare systems on pay-for-performance programs for general practitioners: A critical review
by Ammi, Mehdi & Fortier, Grant
- 167-174 Towards a theoretical model on medicines as a health need
by Vargas-Peláez, Claudia Marcela & Soares, Luciano & Rover, Marina Raijche Mattozo & Blatt, Carine Raquel & Mantel-Teeuwisse, Aukje & Rossi Buenaventura, Francisco Augusto & Restrepo, Luis Guillermo & Latorre, María Cristina & López, José Julián & Bürgin, María Teresa & Silva, Consuelo & Leite, Silvana Nair & Mareni Rocha, Farias
- 175-183 Disability, poverty, and role of the basic livelihood security system on health services utilization among the elderly in South Korea
by Jeon, Boyoung & Noguchi, Haruko & Kwon, Soonman & Ito, Tomoko & Tamiya, Nanako
- 184-195 Structural violence and chronic kidney disease of unknown etiology in Sri Lanka
by de Silva, M.W. Amarasiri & Albert, Steven M. & Jayasekara, J.M.K.B.
- 196-205 Profiles in health: Multiple roles and health lifestyles in early adulthood
by Mize, Trenton D.
- 206-213 Depressive symptomatology and fall risk among community-dwelling older adults
by Hoffman, Geoffrey J. & Hays, Ron D. & Wallace, Steven P. & Shapiro, Martin F. & Ettner, Susan L.
2017, Volume 177, Issue C
- 1-8 Barriers to accessing adequate maternal care in Central and Eastern European countries: A systematic literature review
by Miteniece, Elina & Pavlova, Milena & Rechel, Bernd & Groot, Wim
- 9-18 Street-level diplomacy? Communicative and adaptive work at the front line of implementing public health policies in primary care
by Gale, Nicola & Dowswell, George & Greenfield, Sheila & Marshall, Tom
- 19-26 Untangling the disaster-depression knot: The role of social ties after Deepwater Horizon
by Rung, Ariane L. & Gaston, Symielle & Robinson, William T. & Trapido, Edward J. & Peters, Edward S.
- 27-34 “I don't know how I'm still standing” a Bakhtinian analysis of social housing and health narratives in East London
by Thompson, C. & Lewis, D.J. & Greenhalgh, T. & Smith, N.R. & Fahy, A.E. & Cummins, S.
- 35-42 Early adolescence behavior problems and timing of poverty during childhood: A comparison of lifecourse models
by Mazza, Julia Rachel S.E. & Lambert, Jean & Zunzunegui, Maria Victoria & Tremblay, Richard E. & Boivin, Michel & Côté, Sylvana M.
- 43-51 Identity in a medicine cabinet: Discursive positions of Andean migrants towards their use of herbal remedies in the United Kingdom
by Ceuterick, Melissa & Vandebroek, Ina
- 52-60 International synthesis and case study examination of promising caregiver-friendly workplaces
by Ramesh, Shruti & Ireson, Rachelle & Williams, Allison
- 61-68 Finger Pricks and Blood Vials: How doctors medicalize ‘cultural’ solutions to demedicalize the ‘broken’ hymen in the Netherlands
by Ayuandini, Sherria
- 69-77 Adapting public policy theory for public health research: A framework to understand the development of national policies on global health
by Jones, Catherine M. & Clavier, Carole & Potvin, Louise
- 78-86 Advocacy coalitions involved in California's menu labeling policy debate: Exploring coalition structure, policy beliefs, resources, and strategies
by Payán, Denise D. & Lewis, LaVonna B. & Cousineau, Michael R. & Nichol, Michael B.
- 87-99 Understanding seasonal mobilities, health and wellbeing to Sanya, China
by Kou, Lirong & Xu, Honggang & Hannam, Kevin
- 100-109 Early-life and adult socioeconomic determinants of myocardial infarction incidence and fatality
by Kilpi, Fanny & Silventoinen, Karri & Konttinen, Hanna & Martikainen, Pekka
- 110-117 Poverty and perceived stress: Evidence from two unconditional cash transfer programs in Zambia
by Hjelm, Lisa & Handa, Sudhanshu & de Hoop, Jacobus & Palermo, Tia
- 118-126 Impact of health financing policies in Cambodia: A 20 year experience
by Ensor, Tim & Chhun, Chhim & Kimsun, Ton & McPake, Barbara & Edoka, Ijeoma
- 127-140 Addressing care-seeking as well as insurance-seeking selection biases in estimating the impact of health insurance on out-of-pocket expenditure
by Ali, Shehzad & Cookson, Richard & Dusheiko, Mark
- 141-149 Generating political priority for regulatory interventions targeting obesity prevention: an Australian case study
by Baker, Phillip & Gill, Timothy & Friel, Sharon & Carey, Gemma & Kay, Adrian
- 150-157 Knowledge and power in policy-making for child survival in Niger
by Dalglish, Sarah L. & Rodríguez, Daniela C. & Harouna, Abdoutan & Surkan, Pamela J.
- 158-168 Positive welfare state dynamics? Sickness benefits and sickness absence in Europe 1997–2011
by Sjöberg, Ola
- 169-176 The “Western disease”: Autism and Somali parents' embodied health movements
by Decoteau, Claire Laurier
- 177-189 Public attitudes towards alcohol control policies in Scotland and England: Results from a mixed-methods study
by Li, Jessica & Lovatt, Melanie & Eadie, Douglas & Dobbie, Fiona & Meier, Petra & Holmes, John & Hastings, Gerard & MacKintosh, Anne Marie
- 190-197 Similarities and differences in the meanings children and their parents attach to epilepsy medications
by Webster, Michelle
- 198-204 Perceived discrimination and low back pain among 28,532 workers in South Korea: Effect modification by labor union status
by Lee, Nagyeong & Sung, Hyoju & Kim, Ji-Hwan & Punnett, Laura & Kim, Seung-Sup
- 205-212 Medicaid's lasting impressions: Population health and insurance at birth
by Sohn, Heeju
- 213-222 Intersectionality and risk for ischemic heart disease in Sweden: Categorical and anti-categorical approaches
by Wemrell, Maria & Mulinari, Shai & Merlo, Juan
- 223-230 Urban and non-urban differences in community living and participation among individuals with serious mental illnesses
by Townley, Greg & Brusilovskiy, Eugene & Salzer, Mark S.
- 231-238 Personal and political histories in the designing of health reform policy in Bolivia
by Bernstein, Alissa
- 239-247 Illuminating the lifecourse of place in the longitudinal study of neighbourhoods and health
by Lekkas, Peter & Paquet, Catherine & Howard, Natasha J. & Daniel, Mark
- 248-255 Reporting bias inflates the reputation of medical treatments: A comparison of outcomes in clinical trials and online product reviews
by de Barra, Mícheál
- 259-268 Enacted abortion stigma in the United States
by Cowan, Sarah K.
- 269-277 Interrupting pathways to sepsis: Effectiveness of an intervention to reduce delays in timely care for sick children in rural Bangladesh
by Aboud, Frances E. & Rahman, Ehsanur & Kassam, Rosemin & Khan, Jasmin & Ali, Nabeel Ashraf & Taleb, Fahmida
- 278-287 Do Hospital Boards matter for better, safer, patient care?
by Mannion, R. & Davies, H.T.O. & Jacobs, R. & Kasteridis, P. & Millar, R. & Freeman, T.
2017, Volume 176, Issue C
- 1-13 Trade liberalization and social determinants of health: A state of the literature review
by McNamara, Courtney
- 14-20 Guilt without fault: A qualitative study into the ethics of forgiveness after traumatic childbirth
by Schrøder, Katja & la Cour, Karen & Jørgensen, Jan Stener & Lamont, Ronald F. & Hvidt, Niels Christian
- 21-24 Son-biased sex ratios in 2010 US Census and 2011–2013 US natality data
by Almond, Douglas & Sun, Yixin
- 25-33 Conceptualisation of the ‘good’ self-manager: A qualitative investigation of stakeholder views on the self-management of long-term health conditions
by Ellis, J. & Boger, E. & Latter, S. & Kennedy, A. & Jones, F. & Foster, C. & Demain, S.
- 34-41 Predictors of decline in IADL functioning among older survivors following the Great East Japan earthquake: A prospective study
by Tsuboya, Toru & Aida, Jun & Hikichi, Hiroyuki & Subramanian, S.V. & Kondo, Katsunori & Osaka, Ken & Kawachi, Ichiro
- 42-51 Hour-glass ceilings: Work-hour thresholds, gendered health inequities
by Dinh, Huong & Strazdins, Lyndall & Welsh, Jennifer
- 52-59 “Life is so easy on ART, once you accept it”: Acceptance, denial and linkage to HIV care in Shiselweni, Swaziland
by Horter, Shona & Thabede, Zanele & Dlamini, Velibanti & Bernays, Sarah & Stringer, Beverley & Mazibuko, Sikhathele & Dube, Lenhle & Rusch, Barbara & Jobanputra, Kiran
- 60-68 The productive techniques and constitutive effects of ‘evidence-based policy’ and ‘consumer participation’ discourses in health policy processes
by Lancaster, K. & Seear, K. & Treloar, C. & Ritter, A.
- 69-76 From wanting to willing – controlled drug use as a treatment goal
by Järvinen, Margaretha
- 77-84 “Too much medicine”: Insights and explanations from economic theory and research
by Hensher, Martin & Tisdell, John & Zimitat, Craig
- 85-92 Community-based participatory research in a heavily researched inner city neighbourhood: Perspectives of people who use drugs on their experiences as peer researchers
by Damon, Will & Callon, Cody & Wiebe, Lee & Small, Will & Kerr, Thomas & McNeil, Ryan
- 93-112 The mental health of Indigenous peoples in Canada: A critical review of research
by Nelson, Sarah E. & Wilson, Kathi
- 113-122 Wasting the doctor's time? A video-elicitation interview study with patients in primary care
by Llanwarne, Nadia & Newbould, Jennifer & Burt, Jenni & Campbell, John L. & Roland, Martin
- 123-132 Assessment of acculturation in minority health research
by Fox, Molly & Thayer, Zaneta & Wadhwa, Pathik D.
- 133-141 Uptake of health insurance and the productive safety net program in rural Ethiopia
by Shigute, Zemzem & Mebratie, Anagaw D. & Sparrow, Robert & Yilma, Zelalem & Alemu, Getnet & Bedi, Arjun S.
- 142-148 The resource curse and child mortality, 1961–2011
by Wigley, Simon
- 149-157 Offspring schooling associated with increased parental survival in rural KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa
by De Neve, Jan-Walter & Harling, Guy
- 158-165 Income, financial barriers to health care and public health expenditure: A multilevel analysis of 28 countries
by Kim, Tae Jun & Vonneilich, Nico & Lüdecke, Daniel & von dem Knesebeck, Olaf
- 166-174 Health in the Tenderloin: A resident-guided study of substance use, treatment, and housing
by Chang, Jamie Suki
- 175-182 Socioeconomic disparities in adolescent substance use: Role of enjoyable alternative substance-free activities
by Andrabi, Nafeesa & Khoddam, Rubin & Leventhal, Adam M.
2017, Volume 175, Issue C
- 1-10 Activity spaces of men who have sex with men: An initial exploration of geographic variation in locations of routine, potential sexual risk, and prevention behaviors
by Vaughan, Adam S. & Kramer, Michael R. & Cooper, Hannah L.F. & Rosenberg, Eli S. & Sullivan, Patrick S.
- 11-27 Equity in healthcare resource allocation decision making: A systematic review
by Lane, Haylee & Sarkies, Mitchell & Martin, Jennifer & Haines, Terry
- 28-35 The business cycle and mortality: Urban versus rural counties
by Sameem, Sediq & Sylwester, Kevin
- 36-42 Does work-to-family conflict really matter for health? Cross-sectional, prospective cohort and fixed-effects analyses
by Oshio, Takashi & Inoue, Akiomi & Tsutsumi, Akizumi
- 43-51 Poverty dynamics and parental mental health: Determinants of childhood mental health in the UK
by Fitzsimons, Emla & Goodman, Alissa & Kelly, Elaine & Smith, James P.
- 52-57 Socioeconomic factors related to surgical treatment for localized, non-small cell lung cancer
by Jiang, Xiaqing & Lin, Ge & Islam, K.M. Monirul
- 58-65 Relation between social network and psychological distress among middle-aged adults in Japan: Evidence from a national longitudinal survey
by Fu, Rong & Noguchi, Harkuo & Tachikawa, Hirokazu & Aiba, Miyuki & Nakamine, Shin & Kawamura, Akira & Takahashi, Hideto & Tamiya, Nanako
- 66-71 Is it time to talk? Understanding specialty child mental healthcare providers' decisions to engage in interdisciplinary communication with pediatricians
by Reiss, Michael & Greene, Carolyn A. & Ford, Julian D.
- 72-80 Monitoring income-related health differences between regions in Great Britain: A new measure for ordinal health data
by Allanson, Paul
- 81-90 The weight of inequalities: Duration of residence and offspring's birthweight among migrant mothers in Sweden
by Juárez, Sol P. & Hjern, Anders
- 91-98 Negotiating intersex: A case for revising the theory of social diagnosis
by Jenkins, Tania M. & Short, Susan E.
- 99-108 Experience in action: Moderating care in web-based patient feedback
by Ziewitz, Malte
- 109-116 Patient agency and contested notions of disability in social assistance applications in South Africa
by Kelly, Gabrielle
- 117-126 Assessing physician productivity following Norwegian hospital reform: A panel and data envelopment analysis
by Johannessen, Karl Arne & Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Hagen, Terje P.
- 127-134 Modelling possible causality in the associations between unemployment, cannabis use, and alcohol misuse
by Boden, Joseph M. & Lee, Jungeun Olivia & Horwood, L. John & Grest, Carolina Villamil & McLeod, Geraldine F.H.
- 135-142 Pappa Ante Portas: The effect of the husband's retirement on the wife's mental health in Japan
by Bertoni, Marco & Brunello, Giorgio
- 143-151 Relations between neighbourhood socioeconomic status and birth outcomes are mediated by maternal weight
by Clayborne, Zahra M. & Giesbrecht, Gerald F. & Bell, Rhonda C. & Tomfohr-Madsen, Lianne M.
- 152-160 Effects of assisted outpatient treatment and health care services on psychotic symptoms
by Schneeberger, Andres R. & Huber, Christian G. & Lang, Undine E. & Muenzenmaier, Kristina H. & Castille, Dorothy & Jaeger, Matthias & Seixas, Azizi & Sowislo, Julia & Link, Bruce G.
- 161-168 Climate change threats to family farmers' sense of place and mental wellbeing: A case study from the Western Australian Wheatbelt
by Ellis, Neville R. & Albrecht, Glenn A.
- 169-176 Between a rock and a hard place: Economic expansion and social responsibility in UK media discourses on the global alcohol industry
by Thornton, Mary & Hawkins, Benjamin
- 177-186 Effects of donor proliferation in development aid for health on health program performance: A conceptual framework
by Pallas, Sarah Wood & Ruger, Jennifer Prah
- 187-198 How universal is coverage and access to diagnosis and treatment for Chagas disease in Colombia? A health systems analysis
by Cucunubá, Zulma M. & Manne-Goehler, Jennifer M. & Díaz, Diana & Nouvellet, Pierre & Bernal, Oscar & Marchiol, Andrea & Basáñez, María-Gloria & Conteh, Lesong
- 199-208 The threat of home eviction and its effects on health through the equity lens: A systematic review
by Vásquez-Vera, Hugo & Palència, Laia & Magna, Ingrid & Mena, Carlos & Neira, Jaime & Borrell, Carme
- 219-227 Graphic health warnings as activators of social networks: A field experiment among individuals of low socioeconomic position
by Ramanadhan, Shoba & Nagler, Rebekah H. & McCloud, Rachel & Kohler, Racquel & Viswanath, Kasisomayajula
- 228-234 The utility of hair cortisol concentrations in the prediction of PTSD symptoms following traumatic physical injury
by Pacella, Maria L. & Hruska, Bryce & Steudte-Schmiedgen, Susann & George, Richard L. & Delahanty, Douglas L.
- 235-243 “Doing what I do best”: The association between skill utilization and employee health with healthy behavior as a mediator
by Fujishiro, Kaori & Heaney, Catherine A.
- 244-252 Correlational study and randomised controlled trial for understanding and changing red meat consumption: The role of eating identities
by Carfora, V. & Caso, D. & Conner, M.
2017, Volume 174, Issue C
- 1-8 Revealing student nurses' perceptions of human dignity through curriculum co-design
by Munoz, Sarah-Anne & Macaden, Leah & Kyle, Richard & Webster, Elaine