Journal of Monetary Economics
2013, Volume 60, Issue 2
2013, Volume 60, Issue 1
- 1-20 Trade wedges, inventories, and international business cycles
by Alessandria, George & Kaboski, Joseph & Midrigan, Virgiliu
- 25-38 Exchange rate pass-through and credit constraints
by Strasser, Georg
- 42-62 Capital mobility and international sharing of cyclical risk
by Bengui, Julien & Mendoza, Enrique G. & Quadrini, Vincenzo
- 66-85 Global implications of national unconventional policies
by Dedola, Luca & Karadi, Peter & Lombardo, Giovanni
- 92-108 Capital flows under moral hazard
by Tsyrennikov, Viktor
- 113-133 Gross capital flows: Dynamics and crises
by Broner, Fernando & Didier, Tatiana & Erce, Aitor & Schmukler, Sergio L.
2012, Volume 59, Issue S
- S1-S16 Dealing with consumer default: Bankruptcy vs garnishment
by Chatterjee, Satyajit & Gordon, Grey
- S17-S34 Financial crises, bank risk exposure and government financial policy
by Gertler, Mark & Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Queralto, Albert
- S35-S49 Business cycle variation in the risk-return trade-off
by Lustig, Hanno & Verdelhan, Adrien
- S50-S64 Targeted transfers and the fiscal response to the great recession
by Oh, Hyunseung & Reis, Ricardo
- S65-S77 Wage rigidities and jobless recoveries
by Shimer, Robert
2012, Volume 59, Issue 8
- 703-720 Globalization and individual gains from trade
by Behrens, Kristian & Murata, Yasusada
- 721-737 Liquidity, innovation and growth
by Berentsen, Aleksander & Rojas Breu, Mariana & Shi, Shouyong
- 738-750 Robust animal spirits
by Bidder, R.M. & Smith, M.E.
- 751-768 Consumption smoothing and portfolio rebalancing: The effects of adjustment costs
by Bonaparte, Yosef & Cooper, Russell & Zhu, Guozhong
- 769-783 Time variation in U.S. wage dynamics
by Hofmann, Boris & Peersman, Gert & Straub, Roland
- 784-797 Money and asset prices with uninsurable risks
by Jacquet, Nicolas L. & Tan, Serene
- 798-814 Big locational unemployment differences despite high labor mobility
by Lkhagvasuren, Damba
- 815-825 Money is an experience good: Competition and trust in the private provision of money
by Marimon, Ramon & Nicolini, Juan Pablo & Teles, Pedro
- 826-846 Methods versus substance: Measuring the effects of technology shocks
by Ríos-Rull, José-Víctor & Schorfheide, Frank & Fuentes-Albero, Cristina & Kryshko, Maxym & Santaeulàlia-Llopis, Raül
2012, Volume 59, Issue 7
- 599-611 Dividend and capital gains taxation under incomplete markets
by Anagnostopoulos, Alexis & Cárceles-Poveda, Eva & Lin, Danmo
- 612-621 The essentiality of money in environments with centralized trade
by Araujo, Luis & Camargo, Braz & Minetti, Raoul & Puzzello, Daniela
- 622-633 Short-run money demand
by Ball, Laurence
- 634-648 The term structure of interest rates in a DSGE model with recursive preferences
by van Binsbergen, Jules H. & Fernández-Villaverde, Jesús & Koijen, Ralph S.J. & Rubio-Ramírez, Juan
- 649-669 Was the emergence of the international gold standard expected? Evidence from Indian Government securities
by Flandreau, Marc & Oosterlinck, Kim
- 670-685 Firm entry, markups and the monetary transmission mechanism
by Lewis, Vivien & Poilly, Céline
- 686-702 A quantitative analysis of unemployment benefit extensions
by Nakajima, Makoto
2012, Volume 59, Issue 6
- 533-549 Firm dynamics and financial development
by Arellano, Cristina & Bai, Yan & Zhang, Jing
- 550-564 Accounting for development through investment prices
by Armenter, Roc & Lahiri, Amartya
- 565-580 Inequality risk premia
by Johnson, Timothy C.
- 581-597 Measuring prior sensitivity and prior informativeness in large Bayesian models
by Müller, Ulrich K.
2012, Volume 59, Issue 5
- 401-416 The market price of fiscal uncertainty
by Croce, Mariano M. & Nguyen, Thien T. & Schmid, Lukas
- 422-445 Three types of ambiguity
by Hansen, Lars Peter & Sargent, Thomas J.
- 449-465 Monetary policy under financial uncertainty
by Williams, Noah
- 468-487 Robustly optimal monetary policy in a microfounded New Keynesian model
by Adam, Klaus & Woodford, Michael
- 493-507 Ambiguity shifts and the 2007–2008 financial crisis
by Boyarchenko, Nina
- 512-527 Robust policymaking in the face of sudden stops
by Young, Eric R.
2012, Volume 59, Issue 4
- 319-335 Aggregate implications of micro asset market segmentation
by Edmond, Chris & Weill, Pierre-Olivier
- 336-351 Fire sales and the financial accelerator
by Choi, Woon Gyu & Cook, David
- 352-369 Joint-search theory: New opportunities and new frictions
by Guler, Bulent & Guvenen, Fatih & Violante, Giovanni L.
- 370-380 What explains the lagged-investment effect?
by Eberly, Janice & Rebelo, Sergio & Vincent, Nicolas
- 381-392 Lumpiness, capital adjustment costs and investment dynamics
by Fiori, Giuseppe
- 393-400 On quality bias and inflation targets
by Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie & Uribe, Martín
2012, Volume 59, Issue 3
- 215-234 Consumption, government spending, and the real exchange rate
by Ravn, Morten O. & Schmitt-Grohé, Stephanie & Uribe, Martín
- 235-249 Confidence and the transmission of government spending shocks
by Bachmann, Rüdiger & Sims, Eric R.
- 250-268 The value of fiscal discipline for oil-exporting countries
by Pieschacón, Anamaría
- 269-285 Management matters
by Alexopoulos, Michelle & Tombe, Trevor
- 286-302 Financial structure, informality and development
by D'Erasmo, Pablo N. & Moscoso Boedo, Hernan J.
- 303-317 Intangible capital, relative asset shortages and bubbles
by Giglio, Stefano & Severo, Tiago
2012, Volume 59, Issue 2
- 135-149 Imperfect credibility and the zero lower bound
by Bodenstein, Martin & Hebden, James & Nunes, Ricardo
- 150-165 Comparative advantage and unemployment
by Bils, Mark & Chang, Yongsung & Kim, Sun-Bin
- 166-179 Structural change and financing constraints
by Ilyina, Anna & Samaniego, Roberto
- 180-195 Monetary policy and labor market frictions: A tax interpretation
by Ravenna, Federico & Walsh, Carl E.
- 196-213 Immigration, remittances and business cycles
by Mandelman, Federico S. & Zlate, Andrei
2012, Volume 59, Issue 1
- 1-18 Labor market flows in the cross section and over time
by Davis, Steven J. & Faberman, R. Jason & Haltiwanger, John
- 24-36 Housing and the labor market: Time to move and aggregate unemployment
by Rupert, Peter & Wasmer, Etienne
- 40-56 Aggregate hours worked in OECD countries: New measurement and implications for business cycles
by Ohanian, Lee E. & Raffo, Andrea
- 64-79 Transitions in the German labor market: Structure and crisis
by Krause, Michael U. & Uhlig, Harald
- 84-107 Labor supply and government programs: A cross-country analysis
by Erosa, Andrés & Fuster, Luisa & Kambourov, Gueorgui
- 111-128 Taxing women: A macroeconomic analysis
by Guner, Nezih & Kaygusuz, Remzi & Ventura, Gustavo
2011, Volume 58, Issue 6
- 537-550 Are central banks' projections meaningful?
by Galí, Jordi
- 551-563 Credit reallocation
by Herrera, Ana Maria & Kolar, Marek & Minetti, Raoul
- 564-577 General-equilibrium effects of investment tax incentives
by Edge, Rochelle M. & Rudd, Jeremy B.
- 578-589 Nominal shocks in monopolistically competitive markets: An experiment
by Davis, Douglas & Korenok, Oleg
- 590-600 Relationship lending and the transmission of monetary policy
by Hachem, Kinda
- 601-615 Financial crises and labor market turbulence
by Pratap, Sangeeta & Quintin, Erwan
- 616-631 Emerging market business cycles: Learning about the trend
by Boz, Emine & Daude, Christian & Bora Durdu, C.
- 632-645 Which workers get insurance within the firm?
by Lagakos, David & Ordoñez, Guillermo L.
- 646-665 Distributional dynamics under smoothly state-dependent pricing
by Costain, James & Nakov, Anton
- 666-680 Productivity growth, on-the-job search, and unemployment
by Miyamoto, Hiroaki & Takahashi, Yuya
2011, Volume 58, Issue 5
- 415-431 The mechanics of a graceful exit: Interest on reserves and segmentation in the federal funds market
by Bech, Morten L. & Klee, Elizabeth
- 436-447 A model of liquidity hoarding and term premia in inter-bank markets
by Acharya, Viral V. & Skeie, David
- 453-470 Complexity, concentration and contagion
by Gai, Prasanna & Haldane, Andrew & Kapadia, Sujit
- 480-494 Monetary policy and corporate default
by Bhamra, Harjoat S. & Fisher, Adlai J. & Kuehn, Lars-Alexander
- 498-514 Did the Federal Reserve's MBS purchase program lower mortgage rates?
by Hancock, Diana & Passmore, Wayne
- 518-531 Securitization markets and central banking: An evaluation of the term asset-backed securities loan facility
by Campbell, Sean & Covitz, Daniel & Nelson, William & Pence, Karen
2011, Volume 58, Issue 4
- 305-327 The Laffer curve revisited
by Trabandt, Mathias & Uhlig, Harald
- 328-344 Sectoral Phillips curves and the aggregate Phillips curve
by Imbs, Jean & Jondeau, Eric & Pelgrin, Florian
- 345-361 Business cycle measurement with some theory
by Canova, Fabio & Paustian, Matthias
- 362-372 Business cycle co-movement: Evidence from the Great Depression
by Mathy, Gabriel P. & Meissner, Christopher M.
- 373-386 Imperfect information, multiple shocks, and policy's signaling role
by Berkelmans, Leon
- 387-399 Resources, innovation and growth in the global economy
by Peretto, Pietro F. & Valente, Simone
- 400-414 Plant-level nonconvex output adjustment and aggregate fluctuations
by Šustek, Roman
2011, Volume 58, Issue 3
- 191-205 Payments and liquidity under adverse selection
by Rocheteau, Guillaume
- 206-219 Customer markets and the welfare effects of monetary policy
by Söderberg, Johan
- 220-233 Price setting in forward-looking customer markets
by Nakamura, Emi & Steinsson, Jón
- 234-247 Dynamic monetary–fiscal interactions and the role of monetary conservatism
by Niemann, Stefan
- 248-261 Optimal disinflation in new Keynesian models
by Hagedorn, Marcus
- 262-272 Did gold-standard adherence reduce sovereign capital costs?
by Alquist, Ron & Chabot, Benjamin
- 273-289 News shocks and business cycles
by Barsky, Robert B. & Sims, Eric R.
- 290-304 Aggregate real exchange rate persistence through the lens of sectoral data
by Mayoral, Laura & Dolores Gadea, María
2011, Volume 58, Issue 2
- 84-97 Gold rush fever in business cycles
by Beaudry, Paul & Collard, Fabrice & Portier, Franck
- 98-116 Money and capital
by Aruoba, S. Boragan & Waller, Christopher J. & Wright, Randall
- 117-131 Putty-clay technology and stock market volatility
by Gourio, François
- 132-145 On the joint determination of fiscal and monetary policy
by Martin, Fernando M.
- 146-155 Inattention, wealth inequality and equilibrium asset prices
by Finocchiaro, Daria
- 156-171 Cointegrated TFP processes and international business cycles
by Rabanal, Pau & Rubio-Ramírez, Juan F. & Tuesta, Vicente
- 172-182 Production, hidden action, and the payment system
by Gu, Chao & Guzman, Mark & Haslag, Joseph
- 183-189 Review of Allan H. Meltzer's A history of the Federal Reserve, Volume 2, University of Chicago Press, 2009
by Taylor, John B.
2011, Volume 58, Issue 1
- 1-12 Central banking in the credit turmoil: An assessment of Federal Reserve practice
by Goodfriend, Marvin
- 13-16 Discussion of goodfriend
by Ohanian, Lee E.
- 17-34 A model of unconventional monetary policy
by Gertler, Mark & Karadi, Peter
- 35-38 Discussion of Gertler and Karadi: A model of unconventional monetary policy
by Cole, Harold
- 39-48 Politics and the Fed
by Meltzer, Allan H.
- 49-53 Comment on: "Politics and the Fed" by Allan H. Meltzer
by Hess, Gregory D.
- 54-79 The central-bank balance sheet as an instrument of monetarypolicy
by Cúrdia, Vasco & Woodford, Michael
- 80-82 Comment on: "The central-bank balance sheet as an instrument of monetary policy"
by Dellas, Harris
2010, Volume 57, Issue 8
- 913-930 Asset prices and liquidity in an exchange economy
by Lagos, Ricardo
- 931-948 Redistributive shocks and productivity shocks
by Ríos-Rull, José-Víctor & Santaeulàlia-Llopis, Raül
- 949-958 Taxes, transfers and employment in an incomplete markets model
by Alonso-Ortiz, Jorge & Rogerson, Richard
- 959-974 Labor-dependent capital income taxation
by Kitao, Sagiri
- 975-987 House prices and risk sharing
by Hryshko, Dmytro & José Luengo-Prado, María & Sørensen, Bent E.
- 988-999 Measuring consumption smoothing in CEX data
by Gervais, Martin & Klein, Paul
- 1000-1012 Government investment and fiscal stimulus
by Leeper, Eric M. & Walker, Todd B. & Yang, Shu-Chun S.
- 1013-1025 Productivity and unemployment over the business cycle
by Barnichon, Regis
- 1026-1037 The paradox of interest rates of the Greenback Era: A reexamination
by Zhylyevskyy, Oleksandr
- 1038-1048 Endogenous nominal rigidities and monetary policy
by Kimura, Takeshi & Kurozumi, Takushi
- 1049-1061 Intrinsic inflation persistence
by Sheedy, Kevin D.
2010, Volume 57, Issue 7
- 769-784 Understanding gross worker flows across U.S. states
by Coen-Pirani, Daniele
- 785-802 Wage-setting patterns and monetary policy: International evidence
by Olivei, Giovanni & Tenreyro, Silvana
- 803-820 Why do forecasters disagree? Lessons from the term structure of cross-sectional dispersion
by Patton, Andrew J. & Timmermann, Allan
- 821-836 In search of a theory of debt management
by Faraglia, Elisa & Marcet, Albert & Scott, Andrew
- 837-850 The business cycle implications of reciprocity in labor relations
by Danthine, Jean-Pierre & Kurmann, André
- 851-858 Labor market search, the Taylor principle, and indeterminacy
by Kurozumi, Takushi & Van Zandweghe, Willem
- 859-872 Diseases, infection dynamics, and development
by Chakraborty, Shankha & Papageorgiou, Chris & Pérez Sebastián, Fidel
- 873-890 Non-performing loans, prospective bailouts, and Japan's slowdown
by Barseghyan, Levon
- 891-891 How much do economists agree on financial reform?
by King, Robert G.
- 892-902 The Squam Lake Report: Fifteen economists in search of financial reform
by Blinder, Alan S.
- 903-912 The Squam Lake Report: Observations from two policy professionals
by Feldman, Ron J. & Stern, Gary H.
2010, Volume 57, Issue 6
- 623-636 Worker replacement
by Menzio, Guido & Moen, Espen R.
- 637-652 Aggregate and welfare effects of redistribution of wealth under inflation and price-level targeting
by Meh, Césaire A. & Ríos-Rull, José-Víctor & Terajima, Yaz
- 653-667 How robustness can lower the cost of discretion
by Dennis, Richard
- 668-681 Uncertainty and currency crises: Evidence from survey data
by Prati, Alessandro & Sbracia, Massimo
- 682-695 The signaling role of policy actions
by Baeriswyl, Romain & Cornand, Camille
- 696-715 When do firms adjust prices? Evidence from micro panel data
by Lein, Sarah M.
- 716-728 Micro and macro price dynamics in daily data
by Abe, Naohito & Tonogi, Akiyuki
- 729-738 Human capital risk in life-cycle economies
by Singh, Aarti
- 739-752 The spirit of capitalism and expectation-driven business cycles
by Karnizova, Lilia
- 753-767 The anatomy of growth in the OECD since 1870
by Madsen, Jakob B.
2010, Volume 57, Issue 5
- 506-526 Global effects of fiscal stimulus during the crisis
by Freedman, Charles & Kumhof, Michael & Laxton, Douglas & Muir, Dirk & Mursula, Susanna
- 527-530 Comment on: "Global effects of fiscal stimulus during the crisis" by Charles Freedman, Michael Kumhof, Douglas Laxton, Dick Muir, Susanna Mursula
by Taylor, John B.
- 531-553 Unemployment fiscal multipliers
by Monacelli, Tommaso & Perotti, Roberto & Trigari, Antonella
- 554-556 Comment to "Unemployment Fiscal Multiplier" by Tommaso Monacelli, Roberto Perotti, and Antonella Trigari
by Merz, Monika
- 557-572 How to reduce unemployment: A new policy proposal
by Farmer, Roger E.A.
- 573-575 Discussion of "How to reduce unemployment: A new policy proposal"
by Rogerson, Richard
- 576-595 Tax buyouts
by Del Negro, Marco & Perri, Fabrizio & Schivardi, Fabiano
- 596-599 Discussion of "Tax buyouts" by M. Del Negro, F. Perri and F. Schivardi
by Sleet, Christopher
- 600-619 "Unfunded liabilities" and uncertain fiscal financing
by Davig, Troy & Leeper, Eric M. & Walker, Todd B.
- 620-621 Comment on: "Unfunded liabilities and uncertain fiscal financing" by Troy Davig, Eric M. Leeper, Todd B. Walker
by Smetters, Kent
2010, Volume 57, Issue 4
- 377-390 The intertemporal capital asset pricing model with dynamic conditional correlations
by Bali, Turan G. & Engle, Robert F.
- 391-403 The great moderation in micro labor earnings
by Sabelhaus, John & Song, Jae
- 404-419 Banking panics and policy responses
by Ennis, Huberto M. & Keister, Todd
- 420-427 Could making banks hold only liquid assets induce bank runs?
by Peck, James & Shell, Karl
- 428-438 Liquidity, redistribution, and the welfare cost of inflation
by Chiu, Jonathan & Molico, Miguel
- 439-450 One or two monies?
by Dong, Mei & Jiang, Janet Hua
- 451-465 Monetary aggregates and the business cycle
by Sustek, Roman
- 466-477 Real price and wage rigidities with matching frictions
by Kuester, Keith
- 478-490 A structural decomposition of the U.S. trade balance: Productivity, demographics and fiscal policy
by Ferrero, Andrea
- 491-503 The effect of low-wage import competition on U.S. inflationary pressure
by Auer, Raphael & Fischer, Andreas M.
2010, Volume 57, Issue 3
- 246-265 Volatility and growth: Credit constraints and the composition of investment
by Aghion, Philippe & Angeletos, George-Marios & Banerjee, Abhijit & Manova, Kalina
- 266-277 When is discretion superior to timeless perspective policymaking?
by Dennis, Richard
- 278-294 Inflation and the stock market: Understanding the "Fed Model"
by Bekaert, Geert & Engstrom, Eric
- 295-308 Stickiness, synchronization, and passthrough in intrafirm trade prices
by Neiman, Brent
- 309-324 Trade integration, competition, and the decline in exchange-rate pass-through
by Gust, Christopher & Leduc, Sylvain & Vigfusson, Robert
- 325-340 Estimation of DSGE models when the data are persistent
by Gorodnichenko, Yuriy & Ng, Serena
- 341-351 Inference in models with adaptive learning
by Chevillon, Guillaume & Massmann, Michael & Mavroeidis, Sophocles
- 352-363 Which bank is the "central" bank?
by Bech, Morten L. & Chapman, James T.E. & Garratt, Rodney J.
- 364-375 Quantifying the risk-sharing welfare gains of social security
by Olovsson, Conny
2010, Volume 57, Issue 2
- 121-131 Perfectly competitive bilateral exchange without discounting
by Green, Edward J. & Zhou, Ruilin
- 132-145 Investment shocks and business cycles
by Justiniano, Alejandro & Primiceri, Giorgio E. & Tambalotti, Andrea
- 146-163 Production-based measures of risk for asset pricing
by Belo, Frederico
- 164-174 Information, heterogeneity and market incompleteness
by Graham, Liam & Wright, Stephen
- 175-188 Import substitution and economic growth
by Rodrigues, Mauro
- 189-202 Local identification in DSGE models
by Iskrev, Nikolay
- 203-216 The dynamic effects of monetary policy: A structural factor model approach
by Forni, Mario & Gambetti, Luca
- 217-225 Credit frictions and the comovement between durable and non-durable consumption
by Sterk, Vincent
- 226-232 Testing the transparency benefits of inflation targeting: Evidence from private sector forecasts
by Crowe, Christopher
- 233-243 Unemployment as excess supply of labor: Implications for wage and price inflation
by Casares, Miguel
2010, Volume 57, Issue 1
- 1-18 Credit crises, money and contractions: An historical view
by Bordo, Michael D. & Haubrich, Joseph G.
- 19-23 Comment on: "Bordo and Haubrich"
by Cole, Harold L.
- 24-39 Financial globalization, financial crises and contagion
by Mendoza, Enrique G. & Quadrini, Vincenzo
- 40-44 Comment on: "Financial globalization, financial crises, and contagion" by Enrique G. Mendoza and Vincenzo Quadrini
by Clementi, Gian Luca
- 45-61 Deposit insurance and money market freezes
by Bruche, Max & Suarez, Javier
- 62-63 Comment on "The Macroeconomics of Money Market Freezes" by Max Bruche and Javier Suarez
by Acharya, Viral
- 64-75 Is mark-to-market accounting destabilizing? Analysis and implications for policy
by Heaton, John C. & Lucas, Deborah & McDonald, Robert L.
- 76-77 Comment on: "Is mark-to-market accounting destablizing? Analysis and implications for policy" by John Heaton, Deborah Lucas and Robert McDonald
by Milbradt, Konstantin
- 78-96 A model of a systemic bank run
by Uhlig, Harald
- 97-100 Comment on: "A model of a systemic bank run" by Harald Uhlig
by Keister, Todd
- 101-116 Optimal taxation in the presence of bailouts
by Panageas, Stavros
- 117-119 Comment on: "Optimal taxation in the presence of bailouts"
by Albuquerque, Rui
2009, Volume 56, Issue S
- S1-S18 Monetary policy and aggregate volatility
by Adam, Klaus
- S19-S37 Incomplete information, higher-order beliefs and price inertia
by Angeletos, George-Marios & La’O, Jennifer
- S38-S56 Imperfect information and the business cycle
by Collard, Fabrice & Dellas, Harris & Smets, Frank
- S57-S77 Setting the right prices for the wrong reasons
by Hellwig, Christian & Venkateswaran, Venky
- S78-S99 Sectoral price data and models of price setting
by Maćkowiak, Bartosz & Moench, Emanuel & Wiederholt, Mirko
- S100-S124 Information-constrained state-dependent pricing
by Woodford, Michael
2009, Volume 56, Issue 8
- 1023-1042 A theory of growth and volatility at the aggregate and firm level
by Comin, Diego & Mulani, Sunil
- 1043-1058 Reevaluating the modernization hypothesis
by Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James A. & Yared, Pierre
- 1059-1073 Productivity differences and the dynamic effects of labor movements
by Klein, Paul & Ventura, Gustavo
- 1074-1085 Employment protection, firm selection, and growth
by Poschke, Markus