2013, Volume 38, Issue 3
- 278-287 Mining development, income growth and poverty alleviation: A multiplier decomposition technique applied to China
by Ge, Jianping & Lei, Yalin
- 288-294 Ghana's salt industry: A neglected sector for economic development?
by Mensah, Justice Tei & Botchway, Ebo
- 295-309 CSR in metallurgy sector in Greece: A content analysis
by Metaxas, Theodore & Tsavdaridou, Maria
- 310-319 Maintaining land use agreements in Papua New Guinea Mining: ‘Business as usual’?
by Imbun, Benedict Y.
- 320-331 Issues in extractive resource taxation: A review of research methods and models
by Smith, James L.
- 332-340 How you start matters: A comparison of Gold Fields' Tarkwa and Damang Mines and their divergent relationships with local small-scale miners in Ghana
by Teschner, Benjamin
- 341-349 New mercantilism: A perspective on how politics is shaping world metal supply
by Humphreys, David
- 350-362 An empirical approach to determine specific weights of driving factors for the price of commodities—A contribution to the measurement of the economic scarcity of minerals and metals
by Gleich, Benedikt & Achzet, Benjamin & Mayer, Herbert & Rathgeber, Andreas
- 363-372 Resources policy and mine closure in South Africa: The case of the Free State Goldfields
by Marais, Lochner
- 373-383 Byproduct production of minor metals: Threat or opportunity for the development of clean technologies? The PV sector as an illustration
by Fizaine, Florian
- 384-394 Rare earth elements in China: Policies and narratives of reinventing an industry
by Wübbeke, Jost
- 395-405 Is the convenience yield a good indicator of a commodity's supply risk?
by Stepanek, Christian & Walter, Matthias & Rathgeber, Andreas
2013, Volume 38, Issue 2
- 103-112 Jordan, minerals extraction and the resource curse
by Al Rawashdeh, Rami & Maxwell, Philip
- 113-122 Evaluating a small deposit next to an economically viable gold mine in West Africa from the points of view of the mining company, the government and the local community
by Ndiaye, A.A. & Armstrong, M.
- 123-129 The Spanish building crisis and its effect in the gypsum quarry production (1998–2012)
by Herrero, M.J. & Escavy, J.I. & Bustillo, M.
- 130-137 Is gold a hedge or safe haven against oil price movements?
by Reboredo, Juan C.
- 138-151 The fate of the poor in growing mineral and energy economies
by Davis, Graham A. & Vásquez Cordano, Arturo L.
- 152-161 Socioeconomic evaluation of the impact of natural resource stressors on human-use services in the Great Lakes environment: A Lake Michigan case study
by Breffle, William S. & Muralidharan, Daya & Donovan, Richard P. & Liu, Fangming & Mukherjee, Amlan & Jin, Yongliang
- 162-168 State mineral production taxes and mining law reform
by Dobra, John & Dobra, Matt
- 169-180 Using discrete choice experiments to assess the preferences of new mining workforce to commute or relocate to the Surat Basin in Australia
by Windle, Jill & Rolfe, John
- 181-195 Natural resources, governance and institutional quality: The role of resource funds
by Tsani, Stella
- 196-203 The terms of trade debate and the policy implications for primary product producers
by Tilton, John E.
- 204-211 Lithium availability in the EU27 for battery-driven vehicles: The impact of recycling and substitution on the confrontation between supply and demand until2050
by Miedema, Jan H. & Moll, Henri C.
- 212-223 An uncertainty based multi-criteria ranking system for open pit mining cut-off grade strategy selection
by Azimi, Yousuf & Osanloo, Morteza & Esfahanipour, Akbar
- 224-232 The public good dilemma of a non-renewable common resource: A look at the facts of artisanal gold mining
by Saldarriaga-Isaza, Adrián & Villegas-Palacio, Clara & Arango, Santiago
2013, Volume 38, Issue 1
- 1-7 Optimal hardwood tree planting and forest reclamation policy on reclaimed surface mine lands in the Appalachian coal region
by Sullivan, Jay & Amacher, Gregory S.
- 8-17 Gold mine feasibility study disclosure in Australia: Determinants and implications
by Ferguson, Andrew & Feigin, Alexey & Kean, Stephen
- 18-28 Theory of storage, inventory and volatility in the LME base metals
by Geman, Hélyette & Smith, William O.
- 29-35 Social licence and mining: A critical perspective
by Owen, John R. & Kemp, Deanna
- 36-43 Rare earth elements as critical raw materials: Focus on international markets and future strategies
by Massari, Stefania & Ruberti, Marcello
- 44-49 Could a public ecology approach help resolve the mountaintop mining controversy?
by Craynon, John R. & Sarver, Emily A. & Robertson, David P.
- 50-59 Evaluating coal bed methane investment in China based on a real options model
by Fan, Ying & Mo, Jian-Lei & Zhu, Lei
- 60-67 Toxic mercury versus appropriate technology: Artisanal gold miners’ retort aversion
by Bosse Jønsson, Jesper & Charles, Elias & Kalvig, Per
- 68-74 The role of price expectations and legal uncertainties in ocean mineral, exploration activities
by Marvasti, Akbar
- 75-87 A simple mineral market model: Can it produce super cycles in prices?
by Cuddington, John T. & Zellou, Abdel M.
- 88-93 Dynamics of global oil prices, exchange rate and precious metal prices in India
by Jain, Anshul & Ghosh, Sajal
- 94-101 Oil windfalls in Brazil and their long-run social impacts
by Postali, Fernando Antonio Slaibe & Nishijima, Marislei
2012, Volume 37, Issue 4
- 408-416 “One thing leads to another”—Commodities, linkages and industrial development
by Morris, Mike & Kaplinsky, Raphael & Kaplan, David
- 417-424 The diversification of the global mining equipment industry – Going new places?
by Farooki, Masuma
- 425-433 South African mining equipment and specialist services: Technological capacity, export performance and policy
by Kaplan, David
- 434-442 Linkages in Ghana's gold mining industry: Challenging the enclave thesis
by Bloch, Robin & Owusu, George
- 443-451 What determines the breadth and depth of Zambia's backward linkages to copper mining? The role of public policy and value chain dynamics
by Fessehaie, Judith
- 452-460 Determinants of backward linkages of oil and gas industry in the Nigerian economy
by Adewuyi, Adeolu O. & Ademola Oyejide, T.
- 461-467 Linkages to manufacturing in the resource sector: The case of the Angolan oil and gas industry
by Teka, Zeferino
- 468-474 The view from below: ‘lock-in’ and local procurement in the African gold mining sector
by Hanlin, Rebecca & Hanlin, Christopher
- 475-483 Chinese construction companies in Angola: A local linkages perspective
by Corkin, Lucy
2012, Volume 37, Issue 3
- 261-272 Long memory in energy futures markets: Further evidence
by Wang, Yudong & Wu, Chongfeng
- 273-280 Forecasting precious metal price movements using trader positions
by Mutafoglu, Takvor H. & Tokat, Ekin & Tokat, Hakki A.
- 281-295 Natural resource dependence and the accumulation of physical and human capital in Latin America
by Blanco, Luisa & Grier, Robin
- 296-307 Is there a material Kuznets curve for aluminium? evidence from rich countries
by Jaunky, Vishal Chandr
- 308-314 Small-scale mining in Ghana: The government and the galamsey
by Teschner, Benjamin A.
- 315-321 Drainage and utilization of Chinese coal mine methane with a coal–methane co-exploitation model: Analysis and projections
by Wang, Lei & Cheng, Yuan-Ping
- 322-330 A dangerous bet: The challenges of formalizing artisanal mining in the Democratic Republic of Congo
by Geenen, Sara
- 331-339 Chinese resource security policies and the restructuring of the Asia-Pacific iron ore market
by Wilson, Jeffrey D.
- 340-345 Mineral reserves under price uncertainty
by Evatt, Geoffrey William & Soltan, Mousa Omid & Johnson, Paul V.
- 346-357 Exploring the origins of ‘social license to operate’ in the mining sector: Perspectives from governance and sustainability theories
by Prno, Jason & Scott Slocombe, D.
- 358-367 Testing The Pearl Hypothesis: Natural resources and trust
by Kolstad, Ivar & Wiig, Arne
- 368-374 Impact of different public E&P policies on natural gas reserves and production in Pakistan
by Jamil, Faisal
- 375-384 Economic impact measurement and evaluation of China's investment in geological exploration: The empirical analysis based on the data from 1999 to 2009
by Linna, Lu & Lei, Yalin & Jianping, Ge
- 385-396 Artisanal and small-scale gold mining in Burkina Faso: Suggestion of multi-agent methodology as a complementary support in elaborating a policy
by Andriamasinoro, Fenintsoa & Angel, Jean-Michel
- 397-399 Investor demand and spot commodity prices: Reply
by Tilton, John E. & Humphreys, David & Radetzki, Marian
- 403-404 Investor demand and spot commodity prices: Reply 2
by Tilton, John E. & Humphreys, David & Radetzki, Marian
2012, Volume 37, Issue 2
- 131-137 Corporate Social Responsibility in the extractive industries: Experiences from developing countries
by Hilson, Gavin
- 138-143 Corporate Social Responsibility and development in Africa: Redefining the roles and responsibilities of public and private actors in the mining sector
by Campbell, Bonnie
- 144-151 Corporate social responsibility and petroleum development in sub-Saharan Africa: The case of Chad
by Cash, Audrey C.
- 152-159 Enclave development and ‘offshore corporate social responsibility’: Implications for oil-rich sub-Saharan Africa
by Ackah-Baidoo, Abigail
- 160-167 Social responsibility and resource extraction: Are Chinese oil companies different?
by Pegg, Scott
- 168-174 Elusive Partnerships: Gas extraction and CSR in Bangladesh
by Gardner, Katy & Ahmed, Zahir & Bashir, Fatema & Rana, Masud
- 175-178 Sustainable supply chains—minerals and sustainable development, going beyond the mine
by Fleury, Anne-Marie & Davies, Bejamin
- 179-184 Mission impossible?: Adopting a CSR-based business model for extractive industries in developing countries
by Slack, Keith
- 185-193 Development on whose terms?: CSR discourse and social realities in Papua New Guinea's extractive industries sector
by Gilberthorpe, Emma & Banks, Glenn
- 194-204 A clash of cultures (and lawyers): Anglo Platinum and mine-affected communities in Limpopo Province, South Africa
by Farrell, Leanne A. & Hamann, Ralph & Mackres, Eric
- 205-211 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) for exploration: Consultants, companies and communities in processes of engagements
by Luning, Sabine
- 212-222 Corporate social responsibility in the mining industry: Perspectives from stakeholder groups in Argentina
by Mutti, Diana & Yakovleva, Natalia & Vazquez-Brust, Diego & Di Marco, Martín H.
- 223-232 Why be poor when we can be rich? Constructing responsible mining in El Pangui, Ecuador
by Warnaars, Ximena S.
- 233-240 The science of corporate social responsibility (CSR): Contamination and conflict in a mining project in the southern Ecuadorian Andes
by Velásquez, Teresa A.
- 241-250 Perspectives on community representation within the Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative: Experiences from south-east Madagascar
by Smith, Shirley M. & Shepherd, Derek D. & Dorward, Peter T.
- 251-260 How can public–private partnerships contribute to security and human rights policy and practice in the extractive industries? A case study of The Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC)
by Perks, Rachel
2012, Volume 37, Issue 1
- 1-9 Public preferences for timeliness and quality of mine site rehabilitation. The case of bauxite mining in Western Australia
by Burton, Michael & Jasmine Zahedi, Shegufa & White, Ben
- 10-18 Economic risk and mineral taxation on Indigenous lands
by O’Faircheallaigh, Ciaran & Gibson, Ginger
- 19-29 Coltan from Central Africa, international trade and implications for any certification
by Bleischwitz, Raimund & Dittrich, Monika & Pierdicca, Chiara
- 30-47 Trends in real commodity prices: How real is real?
by Fernandez, Viviana
- 48-58 Indigenous engagement in Australian mine water management: The alignment of corporate strategies with national water reform objectives
by Barber, Marcus & Jackson, Sue
- 59-72 Some observations on copper yields and ore grades
by Crowson, Phillip
- 73-80 Input–output analysis in an oil-rich economy: The case of Azerbaijan
by Sabiroglu, Ilkin M. & Bashirli, Samad
- 81-89 Optimal production scale of open pit mining operations with uncertain metal supply and long-term stockpiles
by Waqar Ali Asad, Mohammad & Dimitrakopoulos, Roussos
- 90-92 Optimum cutting age for timber resources with carbon sequestration
by Gunalay, Y. & Kula, E.
- 93-103 The time dimension and lithium resource constraints for electric vehicles
by Kushnir, Duncan & Sandén, Björn A.
- 104-108 Multiproduct mine output and the case of mining waste utilization
by Packey, Daniel J.
- 109-117 Determination of the effect of operating cost uncertainty on mining project evaluation
by Dehghani, Hesam & Ataee-pour, Majid
- 118-125 Is corporate social responsibility possible in the mining sector? Evidence from Catalan companies
by Vintró, Carla & Fortuny, Jordi & Sanmiquel, Lluís & Freijo, Modesto & Edo, Joaquín
- 126-129 Geoconservation versus legislation and resources policy: New achievements, new questions—Comment on Cairncross (Resources Policy, 2011) The National Heritage Resource Act (1999): Can legislation protect South Africa's rare geoheritage resources?
by Ruban, Dmitry A.
2011, Volume 36, Issue 4
- 295-303 Aggregates in England—Economic contribution and environmental cost of indigenous supply
by Brown, Teresa & McEvoy, Fiona & Ward, John
- 304-314 Promoting ecological sustainable planning for natural stone quarrying. The case of the Orosei Marble Producing Area in Eastern Sardinia
by Careddu, Nicola & Siotto, Giampaolo
- 315-329 Metalliferous sediments in the Atlantis II Deep—Assessing the geological and economic resource potential and legal constraints
by Bertram, Christine & Krätschell, Anna & O’Brien, Killian & Brückmann, Warner & Proelss, Alexander & Rehdanz, Katrin
- 330-338 Market reactions to Australian boutique resource investor presentations
by Ferguson, Andrew & Scott, Tom
- 339-345 Testing the international linkage in the platinum-group metal futures markets
by Aruga, Kentaka & Managi, Shunsuke
- 346-353 The impact of commodity price risk management on the profits of a company
by Buhl, Hans Ulrich & Strauß, Sofie & Wiesent, Julia
- 354-362 Pork knocking in the land of many waters: Artisanal and small-scale mining (ASM) in Guyana
by Clifford, Martin J.
- 363-371 Is the god of diamonds alone? The role of institutions in artisanal mining in forest landscapes, Congo Basin
by Schure, Jolien & Ingram, Verina & Tieguhong, Julius Chupezi & Ndikumagenge, Cleto
- 372-374 Comment: Investor demand and spot commodity prices
by Östensson, Olle
2011, Volume 36, Issue 3
- 187-195 Investor demand and spot commodity prices
by Tilton, John E. & Humphreys, David & Radetzki, Marian
- 196-203 Economic implications of long distance commuting in the Chilean mining industry
by Aroca, Patricio & Atienza, Miguel
- 204-213 The National Heritage Resource Act (1999): Can legislation protect South Africa's rare geoheritage resources?
by Cairncross, Bruce
- 214-226 What are the implications of human rights for minerals taxation?
by Southalan, John
- 227-237 Capitalizing on energy supply: Western China's opportunity for development
by Huang, Yuanxi & Todd, Daniel & Zhang, Lei
- 238-248 Factor demand flexibility in the primary aluminium industry: Evidence from stagnating and expanding regions
by Blomberg, Jerry & Söderholm, Patrik
- 249-254 Measurement of market power for the environmentally regulated Korean iron and steel manufacturing industry
by Lee, Myunghun
- 255-264 Assessing development options in mining communities using stated preference techniques
by Ivanova, Galina & Rolfe, John
- 265-275 Explanatory mining for gold: Contrasting evidence from simple and multiple regressions
by Baur, Dirk G.
- 276-284 R&D prospects in the mining and metals industry
by Filippou, Dimitrios & King, Michael G.
- 285-292 Optimization of mining by application of the equality principle
by Stenis, Jan & Hogland, William
- 293-294 Mining, Society and a Sustainable World, Jeremy P. Richards (Ed.). Springer, Heidelberg (2009) (pp. 506), Price US $169.00, ISBN: 978 3-642-01102-3
by Maybee, Bryan M.
2011, Volume 36, Issue 2
- 97-106 Steel consumption and economic activity in the UK: The integration and cointegration debate
by Evans, Mark
- 107-113 Steel consumption and economic growth in Korea: Long-term and short-term evidence
by Huh, Kwang-Sook
- 114-122 Sustainable development principles for the disposal of mining and mineral processing wastes
by Franks, Daniel M. & Boger, David V. & Côte, Claire M. & Mulligan, David R.
- 123-131 Natural resources and development: The gold sector in Mali
by Mainguy, Claire
- 132-141 Gemstone mining as a development cluster: A study of Brazil's emerald mines
by Puppim de Oliveira, Jose Antonio & Ali, Saleem H.
- 142-148 Challenges of transformation: The case of Norilsk Nickel
by Humphreys, David
- 149-158 Assessing the impact of driverless haul trucks in Australian surface mining
by Bellamy, Drew & Pravica, Luka
- 159-167 Performance assessment of mining operations using nonparametric production analysis: A bootstrapping approach in DEA
by Tsolas, Ioannis E.
- 168-177 The Tucson Mineral Show and the market for collector minerals: The potential for artisanal and small scale miners
by Ross, Brad & Dessureault, Sean & Rieber, Michael
- 178-186 Perspectives on community health issues and the mining boom-bust cycle
by Shandro, Janis A. & Veiga, Marcello M. & Shoveller, Jean & Scoble, Malcolm & Koehoorn, Mieke
2011, Volume 36, Issue 1
- 1-13 Is a negative correlation between resource abundance and growth sufficient evidence that there is a "resource curse"?
by Boyce, John R. & Herbert Emery, J.C.
- 14-21 Mining investment and regional development: A scenario-based assessment for Northern Sweden
by Ejdemo, Thomas & Söderholm, Patrik
- 22-29 Mining compatibility with other projects in Spain: Solutions and benefits
by Gómez-Márquez, Iván & Alejano, Leandro R. & García Bastante, Fernando
- 30-38 The relationship between mining and socio-economic well being in Australia's regions
by Hajkowicz, Stefan A. & Heyenga, Sonja & Moffat, Kieren
- 39-48 The yen for gold
by Wang, Kuan-Min & Lee, Yuan-Ming
- 49-59 Determinants of foreign direct investment in the mining sector in Asia: A comparison between China and India
by Vivoda, Vlado
- 60-71 Coal sector reform and its implications for the power sector in China
by Peng, Wuyuan
- 72-79 Resource abundance and financial development: Evidence from China
by Yuxiang, Karl & Chen, Zhongchang
- 80-90 A practical real option methodology for the evaluation of farm-in/out joint venture agreements in mineral exploration
by Guj, Pietro
- 91-93 Long-term trends in the Real real prices of primary commodities: Inflation bias and the Prebisch-Singer hypothesis
by Svedberg, Peter & Tilton, John E.
- 94-95 The international tin cartel, John Hillman. Routledge, London and New York (2010). £120. ISBN10 0-415-55412-8 (hdk), 0-203-85661-9 (ebk); ISBN13 978-0-415-55412-1 (hdk), 978-0-203-85661-1 (ebk)
by Thoburn, John
2010, Volume 35, Issue 4
- 247-256 Good deposits are not enough: Mining labor productivity analysis in the copper industry in Chile and Peru 1992-2009
by Joaquín Jara, J. & Pérez, Patricio & Villalobos, Pablo
- 257-264 The marginal cost of public funds of mineral and energy taxes in Peru
by Vásquez Cordano, Arturo L. & Balistreri, Edward J.
- 265-275 Mining and development in the region of Antofagasta
by Lagos, Gustavo & Blanco, Edgar
- 276-282 Commodity futures and market efficiency: A fractional integrated approach
by Fernandez, Viviana
- 283-291 Can oil prices help estimate commodity futures prices? The cases of copper and silver
by Cortazar, Gonzalo & Eterovic, Francisco
- 292-300 How rational are investment decisions in the copper industry?
by Auger, Felipe & Ignacio Guzmán, Juan
- 301-310 Correlation structure between inflation and oil futures returns: An equilibrium approach
by Casassus, Jaime & Ceballos, Diego & Higuera, Freddy
2010, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 127-140 Understanding world metals prices--Returns, volatility and diversification
by Chen, Mei-Hsiu
- 141-155 Post-merger time series analysis: Iron ore mining
by Fiuza, Eduardo P.S. & Tito, Fabiana F.M.
- 156-167 Green accounting and sustainability of the Peruvian metal mining sector
by Figueroa B., Eugenio & Orihuela R., Carlos & Calfucura T., Enrique
- 168-177 The crude oil market and the gold market: Evidence for cointegration, causality and price discovery
by Zhang, Yue-Jun & Wei, Yi-Ming
- 178-189 An overview of global gold market and gold price forecasting
by Shafiee, Shahriar & Topal, Erkan
- 190-198 Minerals policy in Europe: Some recent developments
by Tiess, Guenter
- 199-209 The South African mineral and petroleum resources royalty act--Background and fundamental principles
by Cawood, F.T.
- 210-217 Permitting a new mine: Insights from the community debate
by Campbell, Gary & Roberts, Mark
- 218-225 Patience is a virtue: Problems of regulatory governance in the Indonesian mining sector
by OCallaghan, Terry
- 226-234 A SWOT analysis of environmental management practices in Greek Mining and Mineral Industry
by Nikolaou, I.E. & Evangelinos, K.I.
- 235-244 European aggregates production: Drivers, correlations and trends
by Menegaki, M.E. & Kaliampakos, D.C.
- 245-246 The Top 50 Sustainability Books, Visser, Wayne and University of Cambridge Programme for Sustainability Leadership. Greenleaf Publishing, Sheffield, UK (2009) (paperback 255 pages, contents, ISBN-13:9781906093327)
by Southalan, John
2010, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 65-71 The macroeconomic determinants of volatility in precious metals markets
by Batten, Jonathan A. & Ciner, Cetin & Lucey, Brian M.
- 72-76 Long-term trends in the Real real prices of primary commodities: Inflation bias and the Prebisch-Singer hypothesis
by Cuddington, John T
- 77-89 Ongoing ascent to the helium production plateau--Insights from system dynamics
by Cai, Zhiming & Clarke, Richard H. & Glowacki, Bartek A. & Nuttall, William J. & Ward, Nick
- 90-97 The evolution of the Canadian mining industry: The role of regulatory punctuation
by Russell, Bonita I. & Shapiro, Daniel & Vining, Aidan R.
- 98-115 The Environmental sustainability of mining in Australia: key mega-trends and looming constraints
by Mudd, Gavin M.
- 116-125 Sustainable growth: Compatibility between a plausible growth criterion and the initial state
by Bazhanov, Andrei V.
2010, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-13 The great metals boom: A retrospective
by Humphreys, David
- 14-19 Is there a Dutch disease in Botswana?
by Pegg, Scott
- 20-35 A review of the PGM industry, deposit models and exploration practices: Implications for Australia's PGM potential
by Koek, Monica & Kreuzer, Oliver P. & Maier, Wolfgang D. & Porwal, Alok K. & Thompson, Mickey & Guj, Pietro
- 36-46 Allocation and banking in Korean permits trading
by Cho, G.L. & Kim, Hyo-Sun & Kim, Y.D.
- 47-53 Influence of land tenure practices on artisanal mining activity in Ghana
by Nyame, Frank K. & Blocher, Joseph
- 54-63 Is iron ore priced as a commodity? Past and current practice
by Sukagawa, Paul
2009, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 161-175 Assessing the long-term supply risks for mineral raw materials--a combined evaluation of past and future trends
by Rosenau-Tornow, Dirk & Buchholz, Peter & Riemann, Axel & Wagner, Markus
- 176-184 Seven thousand years in the service of humanity--the history of copper, the red metal
by Radetzki, Marian
- 185-194 Using the cumulative availability curve to assess the threat of mineral depletion: The case of lithium
by Yaksic, Andrés & Tilton, John E.
- 195-204 Mercury: The good, the bad, and the export ban
by Balistreri, Edward J. & Worley, Christopher M.
- 205-213 Petroleum royalties and regional development in Brazil: The economic growth of recipient towns
by Postali, Fernando Antonio Slaibe
- 214-226 Corruption in natural resource management: Implications for policy makers
by Kolstad, Ivar & Søreide, Tina
- 227-233 Financial assurance and mine closure: Stakeholder expectations and effects on operating decisions
by Peck, Philip & Sinding, Knud
2009, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 87-102 Duration and characteristics of metal price cycles
by Roberts, Mark C.
- 103-104 Comment: Unravelling the causes of the mineral price boom
by Humphreys, David
- 105-111 Adding public value: The limits of corporate responsibility
by Crowson, Phillip
- 112-120 Backward linkage development in the South African PGM industry: A case study
by Lydall, Marian
- 121-132 Impact of crude oil price volatility on economic activities: An empirical investigation in the Thai economy
by Rafiq, Shuddhasawtta & Salim, Ruhul & Bloch, Harry
- 133-141 Assessing corporate-community involvement strategies in the Nigerian oil industry: An empirical analysis
by Idemudia, Uwafiokun
- 142-149 Challenges to liberalism: The case of Australian energy policy
by Hay, James L.
- 150-157 Small-scale mining in China: Assessing recent advances in the policy and regulatory framework
by Shen, Lei & Dai, Tao & Gunson, Aaron James
- 158-159 A Handbook of Primary Commodities in the Global Economy, Marian Radetzki. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK (2008) (cloth 233 pages+x index, ISBN: 978-0-521-88020-6)
by Davis, Graham A.
2009, Volume 34, Issue 1-2
- 1-5 Small-scale mining, poverty and economic development in sub-Saharan Africa: An overview
by Hilson, Gavin
- 6-11 Perspectives on migration patterns in Ghana's mining industry
by Nyame, Frank K. & Andrew Grant, J. & Yakovleva, Natalia
- 12-17 Moralities, risk and rules in West African artisanal gold mining communities: A case study of Northern Benin
by Grtz, Tilo
- 18-23 Working in a boom-town: Female perspectives on gold-mining in Burkina Faso
by Werthmann, Katja
- 24-31 Recognizing and nurturing artisanal mining as a viable livelihood
by Tschakert, Petra
- 32-38 "The ladder that sends us to wealth": Artisanal mining and poverty reduction in Tanzania
by Fisher, Eleanor & Mwaipopo, Rosemarie & Mutagwaba, Wilson & Nyange, David & Yaron, Gil
- 39-44 Resource policies and small-scale gold mining in Zimbabwe
by Spiegel, Samuel J.
- 45-50 Artisanal mining in central Mozambique: Policy and environmental issues of concern
by Dondeyne, S. & Ndunguru, E. & Rafael, P. & Bannerman, J.
- 51-56 Artisanal and small-scale mining as an extralegal economy: De Soto and the redefinition of "formalization"
by Siegel, Shefa & Veiga, Marcello M.
- 57-63 'Soon there will be no-one left to take the corpses to the morgue': Accumulation and abjection in Ghana's mining communities
by Bush, Ray
- 64-70 Sustainable solution or a marriage of inconvenience? The coexistence of large-scale mining and artisanal and small-scale mining on the Abosso Goldfields concession in Western Ghana
by Aubynn, Anthony
- 71-79 Diamonds, governance and 'local' development in post-conflict Sierra Leone: Lessons for artisanal and small-scale mining in sub-Saharan Africa?
by Maconachie, Roy
- 80-86 Livelihoods and production cycles in the Malagasy artisanal ruby-sapphire trade: A critical examination
by Cartier, Laurent E.
2008, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 179-187 Using exploration expenditures to assess the climate for mineral investment
by Jara, J. Joaquin & Lagos, Gustavo & Tilton, John E.
- 188-195 Broadening the statistical search for metal price super cycles to steel and related metals
by Jerrett, Daniel & Cuddington, John T.
- 196-202 The supply behaviour of state mining enterprises: A case study of the Jordanian phosphate industry
by Rami, Alrawashdeh O.
- 203-209 Reforming small-scale mining in sub-Saharan Africa: Political and ideological challenges to a Fair Trade gold initiative
by Childs, John
- 210-221 On technical change in the elasticities of resource inputs
by Growiec, Jakub & Schumacher, Ingmar
- 222-229 Incorporating environmental issues into optimum cut-off grades modeling at porphyry copper deposits
by Osanloo, M. & Rashidinejad, F. & Rezai, B.