Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes
2011, Volume 115, Issue 1
- 13-24 Being of two minds: Switching mindsets exhausts self-regulatory resources
by Hamilton, Ryan & Vohs, Kathleen D. & Sellier, Anne-Laure & Meyvis, Tom
- 25-34 A policy maker's dilemma: Preventing terrorism or preventing blame
by McGraw, A. Peter & Todorov, Alexander & Kunreuther, Howard
- 35-42 Power and deception in ultimatum bargaining
by Koning, Lukas & Steinel, Wolfgang & Beest, Ilja van & Dijk, Eric van
- 43-54 Can Nervous Nelly negotiate? How anxiety causes negotiators to make low first offers, exit early, and earn less profit
by Brooks, Alison Wood & Schweitzer, Maurice E.
- 55-68 After the deal: Talk, trust building and the implementation of negotiated agreements
by Mislin, Alexandra A. & Campagna, Rachel L. & Bottom, William P.
- 69-84 How accounts shape lending decisions through fostering perceived trustworthiness
by Sonenshein, Scott & Herzenstein, Michal & Dholakia, Utpal M.
- 85-98 A detection model of college withdrawal
by Pleskac, Timothy J. & Keeney, Jessica & Merritt, Stephanie M. & Schmitt, Neal & Oswald, Frederick L.
- 99-110 Self-regulation during a single performance episode: Mood-as-information in the absence of formal feedback
by Richard, Erin M. & Diefendorff, James M.
- 111-120 Receiving advice on matters of taste: Similarity, majority influence, and taste discrimination
by Yaniv, Ilan & Choshen-Hillel, Shoham & Milyavsky, Maxim
- 121-132 Preference, projection, and packing: Support theory models of judgments of others' preferences
by Brenner, Lyle & Bilgin, Baler
- 133-141 Leader-focused search: The impact of an emerging preference on information search
by Carlson, Kurt A. & Guha, Abhijit
- 143-143 Erratum to "The appeal of vague financial forecasts" [Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, 114 (2011) 179-189]
by Du, Ning & Budescu, David V. & Shelley, Marjorie K. & Omer, Thomas C.
2011, Volume 114, Issue 2
- 75-86 In money we trust? The use of financial compensations to repair trust in the aftermath of distributive harm
by Desmet, Pieter T.M. & Cremer, David De & Dijk, Eric van
- 87-103 Understanding the effects of substantive responses on trust following a transgression
by Dirks, Kurt T. & Kim, Peter H. & Ferrin, Donald L. & Cooper, Cecily D.
- 104-114 Keeping the illusion of control under control: Ceilings, floors, and imperfect calibration
by Gino, Francesca & Sharek, Zachariah & Moore, Don A.
- 115-126 Work-family interpersonal capitalization: Sharing positive work events at home
by Ilies, Remus & Keeney, Jessica & Scott, Brent A.
- 127-141 The importance of contextual variables when judging fairness: An examination of counterfactual thoughts and fairness theory
by Nicklin, Jessica M. & Greenbaum, Rebecca & McNall, Laurel A. & Folger, Robert & Williams, Kevin J.
- 142-152 Delay and duration effects of time frames on personal savings estimates and behavior
by Tam, Leona & Dholakia, Utpal M.
- 153-164 Diversity in goal orientation, team reflexivity, and team performance
by Nederveen Pieterse, Anne & van Knippenberg, Daan & van Ginkel, Wendy P.
- 165-178 So what do you think of the organization? A contextual priming explanation for recruitment Web site characteristics as antecedents of job seekers' organizational image perceptions
by Jack Walker, H. & Feild, Hubert S. & Giles, William F. & Bernerth, Jeremy B. & Short, Jeremy C.
- 179-189 The appeal of vague financial forecasts
by Du, Ning & Budescu, David V. & Shelly, Marjorie K. & Omer, Thomas C.
- 190-200 Location in negotiation: Is there a home field advantage?
by Brown, Graham & Baer, Markus
2011, Volume 114, Issue 1
- 1-2 Editorial
by Chen, Xiao-Ping
- 3-14 Narrow personality traits and organizational attraction: Evidence for the complementary hypothesis
by Kausel, Edgar E. & Slaughter, Jerel E.
- 15-24 Power becomes you: The effects of implicit and explicit power on the self
by Caza, Brianna Barker & Tiedens, Larissa & Lee, Fiona
- 25-36 When team members' values differ: The moderating role of team leadership
by Klein, Katherine J. & Knight, Andrew P. & Ziegert, Jonathan C. & Lim, Beng Chong & Saltz, Jessica L.
- 37-48 The process of selective exposure: Why confirmatory information search weakens over time
by Fischer, Peter & Lea, Stephen & Kastenmüller, Andreas & Greitemeyer, Tobias & Fischer, Julia & Frey, Dieter
- 49-63 Explaining the variable effects of social support on work-based stressor-strain relations: The role of perceived pattern of support exchange
by Nahum-Shani, Inbal & Bamberger, Peter A.
- 64-74 Asymmetry in structural adaptation: The differential impact of centralizing versus decentralizing team decision-making structures
by Hollenbeck, John R. & Ellis, Aleksander P.J. & Humphrey, Stephen E. & Garza, Adela S. & Ilgen, Daniel R.
2010, Volume 113, Issue 2
- 73-84 What do you think of followers? Examining the content, structure, and consequences of implicit followership theories
by Sy, Thomas
- 85-96 The good, the bad and the ugly thing to do when sharing information: Revealing, concealing and lying depend on social motivation, distribution and importance of information
by Steinel, Wolfgang & Utz, Sonja & Koning, Lukas
- 97-101 Tainted recommendations: The social comparison bias
by Garcia, Stephen M. & Song, Hyunjin & Tesser, Abraham
- 102-111 Focus induced tunnel vision in managerial judgment and decision making: The peril and the antidote
by Posavac, Steven S. & Kardes, Frank R. & Josko Brakus, J.
- 112-126 Unstuck from the concrete: Carryover effects of abstract mindsets in intertemporal preferences
by Malkoc, Selin A. & Zauberman, Gal & Bettman, James R.
- 127-140 A daily investigation of the role of manager empathy on employee well-being
by Scott, Brent A. & Colquitt, Jason A. & Paddock, E. Layne & Judge, Timothy A.
2010, Volume 113, Issue 1
- 1-12 ABCs of principal-agent interactions: Accurate predictions, biased processes, and contrasts between working and delegating
by Burson, Katherine A. & Faro, David & Rottenstreich, Yuval
- 13-24 Can confidence come too soon? Collective efficacy, conflict and group performance over time
by Goncalo, Jack A. & Polman, Evan & Maslach, Christina
- 25-36 Leader-member exchange and turnover before and after succession events
by Ballinger, Gary A. & Lehman, David W. & Schoorman, F. David
- 37-50 When apologies work: How matching apology components to victims' self-construals facilitates forgiveness
by Fehr, Ryan & Gelfand, Michele J.
- 51-61 Blazing the trail versus trailing the group: Culture and perceptions of the leader's position
by Menon, Tanya & Sim, Jessica & Fu, Jeanne Ho-Ying & Chiu, Chi-yue & Hong, Ying-yi
- 62-72 Testing four explanations for the better/worse-than-average effect: Single- and multi-item entities as comparison targets and referents
by Suls, Jerry & Chambers, John & Krizan, Zlatan & Mortensen, Chad R. & Koestner, Bryan & Bruchmann, Kathryn
2010, Volume 112, Issue 2
- 83-98 The culturally intelligent negotiator: The impact of cultural intelligence (CQ) on negotiation sequences and outcomes
by Imai, Lynn & Gelfand, Michele J.
- 99-111 A cross-cultural study of reference point adaptation: Evidence from China, Korea, and the US
by Arkes, Hal R. & Hirshleifer, David & Jiang, Danling & Lim, Sonya S.
- 112-125 The problem of empirical redundancy of constructs in organizational research: An empirical investigation
by Le, Huy & Schmidt, Frank L. & Harter, James K. & Lauver, Kristy J.
- 126-139 I feel, therefore you act: Intrapersonal and interpersonal effects of emotion on negotiation as a function of social power
by Overbeck, Jennifer R. & Neale, Margaret A. & Govan, Cassandra L.
- 140-150 Social reconnection revisited: The effects of social exclusion risk on reciprocity, trust, and general risk-taking
by Derfler-Rozin, Rellie & Pillutla, Madan & Thau, Stefan
- 151-160 Reference-dependent sympathy
by Small, Deborah A.
- 161-171 Dazed and confused by choice: How the temporal costs of choice freedom lead to undesirable outcomes
by Botti, Simona & Hsee, Christopher K.
2010, Volume 112, Issue 1
- 1-10 How suspicion mitigates the effect of influence tactics
by Oza, Shweta S. & Srivastava, Joydeep & Koukova, Nevena T.
- 11-23 What types of advice do decision-makers prefer?
by Dalal, Reeshad S. & Bonaccio, Silvia
- 24-42 The faultline activation process and the effects of activated faultlines on coalition formation, conflict, and group outcomes
by Jehn, Karen A. & Bezrukova, Katerina
- 43-57 State mood, task performance, and behavior at work: A within-persons approach
by Miner, Andrew G. & Glomb, Theresa M.
- 58-69 Power and loss aversion
by Inesi, M. Ena
- 70-81 Categorization by groups and individuals
by Hamilton, Rebecca W. & Puntoni, Stefano & Tavassoli, Nader T.
2010, Volume 111, Issue 2
- 71-92 The surprisingly low motivational power of future rewards: Comparing conventional money-based measures of discounting with motivation-based measures
by Ebert, Jane E.J.
- 93-101 NamelessÂ +Â harmlessÂ =Â blameless: When seemingly irrelevant factors influence judgment of (un)ethical behavior
by Gino, Francesca & Shu, Lisa L. & Bazerman, Max H.
- 102-115 First, get your feet wet: The effects of learning from direct and indirect experience on team creativity
by Gino, Francesca & Argote, Linda & Miron-Spektor, Ella & Todorova, Gergana
- 116-126 Diversity's harvest: Interactions of diversity sources and communication technology on creative group performance
by Giambatista, Robert C. & Bhappu, Anita D.
- 127-138 Social influence and perceived organizational support: A social networks analysis
by Zagenczyk, Thomas J. & Scott, Kristin D. & Gibney, Ray & Murrell, Audrey J. & Thatcher, Jason Bennett
- 139-146 The desire to win: The effects of competitive arousal on motivation and behavior
by Malhotra, Deepak
2010, Volume 111, Issue 1
- 1-12 Is it even worth it? The effect of loss prospects in the outcome distribution of a public goods dilemma
by McCarter, Matthew W. & Rockmann, Kevin W. & Northcraft, Gregory B.
- 13-22 Doing good buffers against feeling bad: Prosocial impact compensates for negative task and self-evaluations
by Grant, Adam M. & Sonnentag, Sabine
- 23-32 Finishing on time: When do predictions influence completion times?
by Buehler, Roger & Peetz, Johanna & Griffin, Dale
- 33-47 The desirability bias in predictions: Going optimistic without leaving realism
by Windschitl, Paul D. & Smith, Andrew R. & Rose, Jason P. & Krizan, Zlatan
- 48-61 The conflicting choices of alternating selves
by LeBoeuf, Robyn A. & Shafir, Eldar & Bayuk, Julia Belyavsky
- 62-70 What's in a name? Subliminally activating trusting behavior
by Huang, Li & Murnighan, J. Keith
2009, Volume 110, Issue 2
- 67-69 Introduction to the focused issue on the biological basis of business
by Shane, Scott
- 70-79 Testosterone-status mismatch lowers collective efficacy in groups: Evidence from a slope-as-predictor multilevel structural equation model
by Zyphur, Michael J. & Narayanan, Jayanth & Koh, Gerald & Koh, David
- 80-92 The effect of conspicuous consumption on men's testosterone levels
by Saad, Gad & Vongas, John G.
- 93-107 The genetic basis of entrepreneurship: Effects of gender and personality
by Zhang, Zhen & Zyphur, Michael J. & Narayanan, Jayanth & Arvey, Richard D. & Chaturvedi, Sankalp & Avolio, Bruce J. & Lichtenstein, Paul & Larsson, Gerry
- 108-117 Opportunity recognition and the tendency to be an entrepreneur: A bivariate genetics perspective
by Nicolaou, Nicos & Shane, Scott & Cherkas, Lynn & Spector, Tim D.
- 118-128 Beyond genetic explanations for leadership: The moderating role of the social environment
by Zhang, Zhen & Ilies, Remus & Arvey, Richard D.
- 129-139 Exploring the neural basis of fairness: A model of neuro-organizational justice
by Beugré, Constant D.
- 140-151 The biological bases of unfairness: Neuroimaging evidence for the distinctiveness of procedural and distributive justice
by Dulebohn, James H. & Conlon, Donald E. & Sarinopoulos, Issidoros & Davison, Robert B. & McNamara, Gerry
- 152-159 Neural mechanisms of social influence
by Mason, Malia F. & Dyer, Rebecca & Norton, Michael I.
2009, Volume 110, Issue 1
- 1-22 Conceptualization and measurement of temporal focus: The subjective experience of the past, present, and future
by Shipp, Abbie J. & Edwards, Jeffrey R. & Lambert, Lisa Schurer
- 23-35 Reflection as a strategy to enhance task performance after feedback
by Anseel, Frederik & Lievens, Filip & Schollaert, Eveline
- 36-44 Different ways of looking at unpleasant truths: How construal levels influence information search
by Shani, Yaniv & Igou, Eric R. & Zeelenberg, Marcel
- 45-55 The motivating potential of teams: Test and extension of cross-level model of motivation in teams
by Chen, Gilad & Kanfer, Ruth & DeShon, Richard P. & Mathieu, John E. & Kozlowski, Steve W.J.
- 56-64 Hindsight bias redefined: It's about time
by Fessel, Florian & Epstude, Kai & Roese, Neal J.
- 65-65 Erratum to "Myopic regret avoidance: Feedback avoidance and learning in repeated decision making" [Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes 109 (2009) 182-189]
by Reb, Jochen & Connolly, Terry
2009, Volume 109, Issue 2
- 107-119 Piece of cake? Allocating rewards to third parties when fairness is costly
by Johansson, Lars-Olof & Svedsäter, Henrik
- 120-133 The role of self-efficacy, goal, and affect in dynamic motivational self-regulation
by Seo, Myeong-gu & Ilies, Remus
- 134-141 Dirty work, clean hands: The moral psychology of indirect agency
by Paharia, Neeru & Kassam, Karim S. & Greene, Joshua D. & Bazerman, Max H.
- 142-155 The abundance effect: Unethical behavior in the presence of wealth
by Gino, Francesca & Pierce, Lamar
- 156-167 Abusive supervision, intentions to quit, and employees' workplace deviance: A power/dependence analysis
by Tepper, Bennett J. & Carr, Jon C. & Breaux, Denise M. & Geider, Sharon & Hu, Changya & Hua, Wei
- 168-181 Why is it so hard to do my work? The challenge of attention residue when switching between work tasks
by Leroy, Sophie
- 182-189 Myopic regret avoidance: Feedback avoidance and learning in repeated decision making
by Reb, Jochen & Connolly, Terry
2009, Volume 109, Issue 1
- 1-8 The enduring impact of transient emotions on decision making
by Andrade, Eduardo B. & Ariely, Dan
- 9-17 An exploratory field experiment of the effect of subconscious and conscious goals on employee performance
by Shantz, Amanda & Latham, Gary P.
- 18-28 Coping with challenge and hindrance stressors in teams: Behavioral, cognitive, and affective outcomes
by Pearsall, Matthew J. & Ellis, Aleksander P.J. & Stein, Jordan H.
- 29-44 Overlooked but not untouched: How rudeness reduces onlookers' performance on routine and creative tasks
by Porath, Christine L. & Erez, Amir
- 45-55 Paying for sanctions in social dilemmas: The effects of endowment asymmetry and accountability
by De Cremer, David & Dijk, Eric van
- 56-66 The effects of endowment on the demand for probabilistic information
by Roca, Mercè & Maule, A. John
- 67-78 When constituencies speak in multiple tongues: The relative persuasiveness of hawkish minorities in representative negotiation
by Steinel, Wolfgang & De Dreu, Carsten K.W. & Ouwehand, Elsje & Ramírez-Marín, Jimena Y.
- 79-92 Distortion of probability and outcome information in risky decisions
by DeKay, Michael L. & Patiño-Echeverri, Dalia & Fischbeck, Paul S.
- 93-105 Gender differences in the pricing of professional services: Implications for income and customer relationships
by Cron, William L. & Gilly, Mary C. & Graham, John L. & Slocum Jr., John W.
2009, Volume 108, Issue 2
- 175-186 Preference-based escalation: A new interpretation for the responsibility effect in escalating commitment and entrapment
by Schulz-Hardt, Stefan & Thurow-Kröning, Birgit & Frey, Dieter
- 187-201 Organizational context and face-to-face interaction: Influences on the development of trust and collaborative behaviors in computer-mediated groups
by Hill, N. Sharon & Bartol, Kathryn M. & Tesluk, Paul E. & Langa, Gosia A.
- 202-217 Perceptions of the organizational context and psychological contract breach: Assessing competing perspectives
by Rosen, Christopher C. & Chang, Chu-Hsiang & Johnson, Russell E. & Levy, Paul E.
- 218-229 Knowledge about the distribution of information and group decision making: When and why does it work?
by van Ginkel, Wendy P. & van Knippenberg, Daan
- 230-241 Are investors really willing to agree to disagree? An experimental investigation of how disagreement and attention to disagreement affect trading behavior
by Hales, Jeffrey
- 242-255 From individual preference construction to group decisions: Framing effects and group processes
by Milch, Kerry F. & Weber, Elke U. & Appelt, Kirstin C. & Handgraaf, Michel J.J. & Krantz, David H.
- 256-266 The development of leader-member exchanges: Exploring how personality and performance influence leader and member relationships over time
by Nahrgang, Jennifer D. & Morgeson, Frederick P. & Ilies, Remus
- 267-278 Contingent reliance on the affect heuristic as a function of regulatory focus
by Pham, Michel Tuan & Avnet, Tamar
- 279-286 Organizational supports and organizational deviance: The mediating role of organization-based self-esteem
by Ferris, D. Lance & Brown, Douglas J. & Heller, Daniel
- 287-302 The impact of information from similar or different advisors on judgment
by Gino, Francesca & Shang, Jen & Croson, Rachel
- 303-314 Duration neglect by numbers--And its elimination by graphs
by Liersch, Michael J. & McKenzie, Craig R.M.
- 315-329 Is timely information always better? The effect of feedback frequency on decision making
by Lurie, Nicholas H. & Swaminathan, Jayashankar M.
- 330-341 Motivated reasoning and verbal vs. numerical probability assessment: Evidence from an accounting context
by Piercey, M. David
- 342-343 Erratum to Explaining cooperation in groups: Testing models of reciprocity and learning [Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes 106 (2008) 89105]
by Biele, Guido & Rieskamp, Jörg & Czienskowski, Uwe
2009, Volume 108, Issue 1
- 1-13 How low does ethical leadership flow? Test of a trickle-down model
by Mayer, David M. & Kuenzi, Maribeth & Greenbaum, Rebecca & Bardes, Mary & Salvador, Rommel (Bombie)
- 14-24 Emotional and behavioral reactions to social undermining: A closer look at perceived offender motives
by Crossley, Craig D.
- 25-38 Understanding the relationship between mood and creativity: A meta-analysis
by Davis, Mark A.
- 39-52 Biases in social comparisons: Optimism or pessimism?
by Menon, Geeta & Kyung, Ellie J. & Agrawal, Nidhi
- 53-65 The higher they are, the harder they fall: The effects of wrongdoer status on observer punishment recommendations and intentionality attributions
by Fragale, Alison R. & Rosen, Benson & Xu, Carol & Merideth, Iryna
- 66-78 When learning is not enough: A process model of expatriate adjustment as cultural cognitive dissonance reduction
by Maertz Jr., Carl P. & Hassan, Ahmad & Magnusson, Peter
- 79-92 How management style moderates the relationship between abusive supervision and workplace deviance: An uncertainty management theory perspective
by Thau, Stefan & Bennett, Rebecca J. & Mitchell, Marie S. & Marrs, Mary Beth
- 93-105 Procedural justice, interactional justice, and task performance: The mediating role of intrinsic motivation
by Zapata-Phelan, Cindy P. & Colquitt, Jason A. & Scott, Brent A. & Livingston, Beth
- 106-115 Speaker-listener incompatibility: Joint and separate processing in risky choice framing
by van Buiten, Marc & Keren, Gideon
- 116-130 Why don't well-educated adults understand accumulation? A challenge to researchers, educators, and citizens
by Cronin, Matthew A. & Gonzalez, Cleotilde & Sterman, John D.
- 131-142 Cutthroat cooperation: The effects of team role decisions on adaptation to alternative reward structures
by Beersma, Bianca & Hollenbeck, John R. & Conlon, Donald E. & Humphrey, Stephen E. & Moon, Henry & Ilgen, Daniel R.
- 143-152 On the genesis of inflated (and deflated) judgments of responsibility
by Kruger, Justin & Savitsky, Kenneth
- 153-163 The effect of culture and power on cooperation in commons dilemmas: Implications for global resource management
by Kopelman, Shirli
- 164-173 Intergroup trust and reciprocity in strategic interactions: Effects of group decision-making mechanisms
by Song, Fei
2008, Volume 107, Issue 2
- 97-105 Effects of amount of information on judgment accuracy and confidence
by Tsai, Claire I. & Klayman, Joshua & Hastie, Reid
- 106-122 To be or not to be trusted: The influence of media richness on defection and deception
by Rockmann, Kevin W. & Northcraft, Gregory B.
- 123-140 The who and when of internal gender discrimination claims: An interactional model
by Leslie, Lisa M. & Gelfand, Michele J.
- 141-160 Being distinctive versus being conspicuous: The effects of numeric status and sex-stereotyped tasks on individual performance in groups
by Chatman, Jennifer A. & Boisnier, Alicia D. & Spataro, Sandra E. & Anderson, Cameron & Berdahl, Jennifer L.
- 161-178 It takes two to tango: An interdependence analysis of the spiraling of perceived trustworthiness and cooperation in interpersonal and intergroup relationships
by Ferrin, Donald L. & Bligh, Michelle C. & Kohles, Jeffrey C.
- 179-191 Overconfidence in interval estimates: What does expertise buy you?
by McKenzie, Craig R.M. & Liersch, Michael J. & Yaniv, Ilan
- 192-205 Relational accommodation in negotiation: Effects of egalitarianism and gender on economic efficiency and relational capital
by Curhan, Jared R. & Neale, Margaret A. & Ross, Lee & Rosencranz-Engelmann, Jesse
- 206-218 Myopic biases in competitions
by Radzevick, Joseph R. & Moore, Don A.
- 219-233 Hidden consequences of the group-serving bias: Causal attributions and the quality of group decision making
by Goncalo, Jack A. & Duguid, Michelle M.
- 234-245 Do we listen to advice just because we paid for it? The impact of advice cost on its use
by Gino, Francesca
2008, Volume 107, Issue 1
- 1-14 The promise and peril of self-affirmation in de-escalation of commitment
by Sivanathan, Niro & Molden, Daniel C. & Galinsky, Adam D. & Ku, Gillian
- 15-28 Organizational network perceptions versus reality: A small world after all?
by Kilduff, Martin & Crossland, Craig & Tsai, Wenpin & Krackhardt, David
- 29-40 Anchoring effects on performance judgments
by Thorsteinson, Todd J. & Breier, Jennifer & Atwell, Anna & Hamilton, Catherine & Privette, Monica
- 41-59 When and how do differences matter? An exploration of perceived similarity in teams
by Zellmer-Bruhn, Mary E. & Maloney, Mary M. & Bhappu, Anita D. & Salvador, Rommel (Bombie)
- 60-74 Use of absolute and comparative performance feedback in absolute and comparative judgments and decisions
by Moore, Don A. & Klein, William M.P.
- 75-95 Do people make decisions under risk based on ignorance? An empirical test of the priority heuristic against cumulative prospect theory
by Glöckner, Andreas & Betsch, Tilmann
2008, Volume 106, Issue 2
- 89-105 Explaining cooperation in groups: Testing models of reciprocity and learning
by Biele, Guido & Rieskamp, Jörg & Czienskowski, Uwe
- 106-124 Perceived deep-level dissimilarity: Personality antecedents and impact on overall job attitude, helping, work withdrawal, and turnover
by Liao, Hui & Chuang, Aichia & Joshi, Aparna
- 125-142 The effect of safe experience on a warnings' impact: Sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll
by Barron, Greg & Leider, Stephen & Stack, Jennifer
- 143-152 Reference dependence in iterative choices
by Huber, Joel & Viscusi, W. Kip & Bell, Jason
- 153-167 Criteria instability and the isolated option effect
by Palmeira, Mauricio M. & Krishnan, H. Shanker
- 168-179 Biased samples not mode of presentation: Re-examining the apparent underweighting of rare events in experience-based choice
by Rakow, Tim & Demes, Kali A. & Newell, Ben R.
2008, Volume 106, Issue 1
- 1-20 Future lock-in: Future implementation increases selection of 'should' choices
by Rogers, Todd & Bazerman, Max H.
- 21-38 Goal orientation dispositions and performance trajectories: The roles of supplementary and complementary situational inducements
by Chen, Gilad & Mathieu, John E.
- 39-60 The strong, sensitive type: Effects of gender stereotypes and leadership prototypes on the evaluation of male and female leaders
by Johnson, Stefanie K. & Murphy, Susan Elaine & Zewdie, Selamawit & Reichard, Rebecca J.
- 61-76 Alleviating inflation of conditional predictions
by Koriat, Asher
- 77-87 Willingness to pay for advice: The role of rational and experiential processing
by Godek, John & Murray, Kyle B.
2008, Volume 105, Issue 2
- 135-146 Power gained, power lost
by Sivanathan, Niro & Pillutla, Madan M. & Keith Murnighan, J.
- 147-168 What fair procedures say about me: Self-construals and reactions to procedural fairness
by Holmvall, Camilla M. & Bobocel, D. Ramona
- 169-182 Regret aversion and decision process quality: Effects of regret salience on decision process carefulness
by Reb, Jochen
- 183-200 Disruptive decisions to leave home: Gender and family differences in expatriation choices
by Tharenou, Phyllis
- 201-220 How egocentrism and optimism change in response to feedback in repeated competitions
by Rose, Jason P. & Windschitl, Paul D.
- 221-232 Learning to de-escalate: The effects of regret in escalation of commitment
by Ku, Gillian
- 233-246 Why more can be less: An inference-based explanation for hyper-subadditivity in bundle valuation
by Popkowski Leszczyc, Peter T.L. & Pracejus, John W. & Shen, Yingtao
2008, Volume 105, Issue 1
- 1-13 How believing in affirmative action quotas protects White men's self-esteem
by Unzueta, Miguel M. & Lowery, Brian S. & Knowles, Eric D.
- 14-35 "License to Fail": Goal definition, leader group prototypicality, and perceptions of leadership effectiveness after leader failure
by Giessner, Steffen R. & van Knippenberg, Daan
- 36-51 How regulatory focus impacts the process-by-outcome interaction for perceived fairness and emotions
by Cropanzano, Russell & Paddock, Layne & Rupp, Deborah E. & Bagger, Jessica & Baldwin, Amanda
- 52-66 Expectation confirmation: An examination of three competing models
by Brown, Susan A. & Venkatesh, Viswanath & Kuruzovich, Jason & Massey, Anne P.
- 67-81 Reference point adaptation: Tests in the domain of security trading
by Arkes, Hal R. & Hirshleifer, David & Jiang, Danling & Lim, Sonya
- 82-97 Group information elaboration and group decision making: The role of shared task representations
by van Ginkel, Wendy P. & van Knippenberg, Daan
- 98-121 Why the unskilled are unaware: Further explorations of (absent) self-insight among the incompetent
by Ehrlinger, Joyce & Johnson, Kerri & Banner, Matthew & Dunning, David & Kruger, Justin
- 122-133 Dimension integration: Testing models without trade-offs
by Birnbaum, Michael H. & LaCroix, Adam R.
2007, Volume 104, Issue 2
- 123-129 What's new and what isn't
by Schaubroeck, John
- 130-149 Common and distinct factors in decision making under ambiguity and risk: A psychometric study of individual differences
by Lauriola, Marco & Levin, Irwin P. & Hart, Stephanie S.
- 150-157 "One of us": Outstanding willingness to help save a single identified compatriot
by Kogut, Tehila & Ritov, Ilana
- 158-174 Anticipating the inevitable: When leader and member attribution styles clash
by Martinko, Mark J. & Moss, Sherry E. & Douglas, Scott C. & Borkowski, Nancy
- 175-192 The neural network model of organizational identification
by Lane, Vicki R. & Scott, Susanne G.
- 193-206 Asymmetric dominance and phantom decoy effects in games
by Colman, Andrew M. & Pulford, Briony D. & Bolger, Fergus
- 207-223 "I think it, therefore it's true": Effects of self-perceived objectivity on hiring discrimination
by Uhlmann, Eric Luis & Cohen, Geoffrey L.
2007, Volume 104, Issue 1
- 1-13 When time is money: The effect of hourly payment on the evaluation of time
by DeVoe, Sanford E. & Pfeffer, Jeffrey
- 14-29 Why convene rater teams: An investigation of the benefits of anticipated discussion, consensus, and rater motivation
by Roch, Sylvia G.
- 30-44 High in the hierarchy: How vertical location and judgments of leaders' power are interrelated
by Giessner, Steffen R. & Schubert, Thomas W.
- 45-60 Don't hate me because I'm beautiful: Self-enhancing biases in threat appraisal
by Menon, Tanya & Thompson, Leigh
- 61-82 Culture-contingent signs of trust in emergent relationships
by Branzei, Oana & Vertinsky, Ilan & Camp II, Ronald D.
- 83-95 Forming and reacting to overall fairness: A cross-cultural comparison
by Kim, Tae-Yeol & Leung, Kwok
- 96-112 Testing for intransitivity of preferences predicted by a lexicographic semi-order
by Birnbaum, Michael H. & Gutierrez, Roman J.
- 113-121 The rule of three: How the third event signals the emergence of a streak
by Carlson, Kurt A. & Shu, Suzanne B.
2007, Volume 103, Issue 2
- 159-178 Group cognition, membership change, and performance: Investigating the benefits and detriments of collective knowledge
by Lewis, Kyle & Belliveau, Maura & Herndon, Benjamin & Keller, Joshua
- 179-196 Group norms and excessive absenteeism: The role of peer referent others
by Bamberger, Peter & Biron, Michal
- 197-213 Overconfidence and underconfidence: When and why people underestimate (and overestimate) the competition
by Moore, Don A. & Cain, Daylian M.
- 214-224 Working harder with the out-group: The impact of social category diversity on motivation gains
by Lount Jr., Robert B. & Phillips, Katherine W.
- 225-237 The effect of decision risk and project stage on escalation of commitment
by He, Xin & Mittal, Vikas
- 238-255 Framing, intentions, and trust-choice incompatibility
by Keren, Gideon
- 256-267 Motivationally selective risk judgments: Do fear and curiosity boost the boons or the banes?
by Maner, Jon K. & Gerend, Mary A.
- 268-276 The disjunction effect reexamined: Relevant methodological issues and the fallacy of unspecified percentage comparisons
by Lambdin, Charles & Burdsal, Charles
- 277-290 The illusion of knowledge: When more information reduces accuracy and increases confidence
by Hall, Crystal C. & Ariss, Lynn & Todorov, Alexander
2007, Volume 103, Issue 1
- 1-20 Virtual team leadership: The effects of leadership style and communication medium on team interaction styles and outcomes
by Hambley, Laura A. & O'Neill, Thomas A. & Kline, Theresa J.B.
- 21-36 The relationship between justice and attitudes: An examination of justice effects on event and system-related attitudes
by Ambrose, Maureen & Hess, Ronald L. & Ganesan, Shankar
- 37-52 Information repetition in evaluative judgments: Easy to monitor, hard to control
by Unkelbach, Christian & Fiedler, Klaus & Freytag, Peter
- 53-67 Impact and the art of motivation maintenance: The effects of contact with beneficiaries on persistence behavior
by Grant, Adam M. & Campbell, Elizabeth M. & Chen, Grace & Cottone, Keenan & Lapedis, David & Lee, Karen
- 68-83 Option fixation: A cognitive contributor to overconfidence
by Sieck, Winston R. & Merkle, Edgar C. & Van Zandt, Trisha
- 84-103 Social incentives for gender differences in the propensity to initiate negotiations: Sometimes it does hurt to ask
by Bowles, Hannah Riley & Babcock, Linda & Lai, Lei
- 104-120 Using advice from multiple sources to revise and improve judgments
by Yaniv, Ilan & Milyavsky, Maxim
- 121-133 Collective estimation: Accuracy, expertise, and extroversion as sources of intra-group influence
by Bonner, Bryan L. & Sillito, Sheli D. & Baumann, Michael R.
- 134-146 Social-identity functions of attraction to organizations
by Highhouse, Scott & Thornbury, Erin E. & Little, Ian S.