Journal of Macroeconomics
2014, Volume 40, Issue C
- 387-399 Bankruptcy resolution capacity and economic fluctuations
by Aysun, Uluc
- 400-421 The sacrifice ratio and core inflation
by Mazumder, Sandeep
2014, Volume 39, Issue PB
- 233-239 The Crisis in the Euro Area: An Analytic Overview
by Gibson, Heather D. & Palivos, Theodore & Tavlas, George S.
- 240-249 The Greek Economy and Banking System: Recent Developments and the Way Forward
by Provopoulos, George A.
- 250-259 The European Crisis and the Role of the Financial System
by Constâncio, Vítor
- 260-271 The Euro Area Crisis: A View from the North
by Honkapohja, Seppo
- 275-284 The European Crisis in the Context of the History of Previous Financial Crises
by Bordo, Michael & James, Harold
- 288-308 The Eurozone Crisis: Phoenix Miracle or Lost Decade?
by Eichengreen, Barry & Jung, Naeun & Moch, Stephen & Mody, Ashoka
- 313-333 Leverage, Default, and Forgiveness: Lessons from the American and European Crises
by Geanakoplos, John
- 337-345 Credit Policy in times of Financial Distress
by Azariadis, Costas
- 348-360 How much Fiscal Discipline in a Monetary Union?
by De Grauwe, Paul & Ji, Yuemei
- 364-374 How the Euro Crisis Evolved and how to Avoid Another: EMU, Fiscal Policy and Credit Ratings
by Polito, Vito & Wickens, Michael
- 378-382 Lessons for Monetary Policy from the Euro-Area Crisis
by Goodhart, C.A.E.
- 387-400 Monetary Policy and Banks in the Euro Area: The Tale of Two Crises
by Reichlin, Lucrezia
- 405-419 Fundamentally Wrong: Market Pricing of Sovereigns and the Greek Financial Crisis
by Gibson, Heather D. & Hall, Stephen G. & Tavlas, George S.
- 424-440 Ireland’s Economic Crisis: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
by Whelan, Karl
- 444-457 Catastrophic job Destruction during the Portuguese Economic Crisis
by Carneiro, Anabela & Portugal, Pedro & Varejão, José
2014, Volume 39, Issue PA
- 1-23 To starve or not to starve the beast?
by Kumhof, Michael & Laxton, Douglas & Leigh, Daniel
- 24-41 Asymmetric monetary policy towards the stock market: A DSGE approach
by Ravn, Søren Hove
- 42-53 Economic policy uncertainty and firm-level investment
by Kang, Wensheng & Lee, Kiseok & Ratti, Ronald A.
- 54-65 Life expectancy and economic growth
by Kunze, Lars
- 66-84 Towards an explanation of cross-country asymmetries in monetary transmission
by Georgiadis, Georgios
- 85-96 Spurious regressions and near-multicollinearity, with an application to aid, policies and growth
by Chatelain, Jean-Bernard & Ralf, Kirsten
- 97-112 Interactions between private and public sector wages
by Afonso, António & Gomes, Pedro
- 113-155 Institutional quality, the cyclicality of monetary policy and macroeconomic volatility
by Duncan, Roberto
- 156-170 Evaluating labor market reforms: A normative analysis
by Poilly, Céline & Wesselbaum, Dennis
- 171-184 Conflict inflation and delayed stabilization
by Seghezza, Elena & Morelli, Pierluigi
- 185-202 The interaction between money and asset markets: A spillover index approach
by Cronin, David
- 203-214 Time-varying equilibrium rates in small open economies: Evidence for Canada
by Berger, Tino & Kempa, Bernd
- 215-225 What determines external debt tipping points?
by Ouyang, Alice Y. & Rajan, Ramkishen S.
- 226-231 The effect of enterprise and household credit on economic growth: New evidence from European union countries
by Sassi, Seifallah & Gasmi, Amira
2013, Volume 38, Issue PB
- 137-150 A defense of moderation in monetary policy
by Williams, John C.
- 151-166 Looking for a break: Identifying transitions in growth regimes
by Kar, Sabyasachi & Pritchett, Lant & Raihan, Selim & Sen, Kunal
- 167-178 Market efficiency broadcasted live: ECB code words and euro exchange rates
by Rosa, Carlo
- 179-191 Endogenous separation, wage rigidity and the dynamics of unemployment
by Tortorice, Daniel L.
- 192-202 Interest on reserves, unregulated interest on demand deposits, and optimal sweeping
by Dutkowsky, Donald H. & VanHoose, David D.
- 203-217 What do we learn from Blanchard and Quah decompositions of output if aggregate demand may not be long-run neutral?
by Keating, John W.
- 218-226 Gains from commitment in monetary policy: Implications of the cost channel
by Demirel, Ufuk Devrim
- 227-242 Economic depression in the world
by Breuer, Janice Boucher & McDermott, John
- 243-259 The delayed effects of monetary shocks in a two-sector New Keynesian model
by Katayama, Munechika & Kim, Kwang Hwan
- 260-273 Cleaning up the kitchen sink: Specification tests and average derivative estimators for growth econometrics
by Rodríguez, Francisco & Shelton, Cameron A.
- 274-285 Optimal monetary policy in a New Keynesian model with endogenous growth
by Annicchiarico, Barbara & Rossi, Lorenza
- 286-306 Does the growth process discriminate against older workers?
by Langot, François & Moreno-Galbis, Eva
- 307-329 Measurement error and policy evaluation in the frequency domain
by Yu, Xiangrong
- 330-346 Public infrastructure, production organization, and economic development
by Daido, Kohei & Tabata, Ken
- 347-368 Understanding the welfare effects of unemployment insurance policy in general equilibrium
by Mukoyama, Toshihiko
- 369-381 Testing for rational bubbles in the US housing market
by Kivedal, Bjørnar Karlsen
- 382-392 Interest rates, government purchases and the Taylor rule in recessions and expansions
by López-Villavicencio, Antonia
- 393-408 Tax bracket creep and its effects on income distribution
by Heer, Burkhard & Süssmuth, Bernd
- 409-427 The accumulation of foreign exchange by central banks: Fear of capital mobility?
by Steiner, Andreas
- 428-441 Revisiting the theory of optimum currency areas: Is the CFA franc zone sustainable?
by Couharde, Cécile & Coulibaly, Issiaka & Guerreiro, David & Mignon, Valérie
- 442-451 Implications of banking marketization for the lending channel of monetary policy transmission: Evidence from China
by Hou, Xiaohui & Wang, Qing
- 452-464 Cyclical behavior of firm-level volatility: An explanation for the contrast between the United States and Japan
by Oikawa, Koki
- 465-480 The dynamics of catch-up and skill and technology upgrading in China
by Chen, Xi & Funke, Michael
- 481-486 Does euro area membership affect the relation between GDP growth and public debt?
by Dreger, Christian & Reimers, Hans-Eggert
- 487-496 Business cycles in EU new member states: How and why are they different?
by Kolasa, Marcin
- 497-504 The divergence between core and headline inflation: Implications for consumers’ inflation expectations
by Arora, Vipin & Gomis-Porqueras, Pedro & Shi, Shuping
2013, Volume 38, Issue PA
- 2-11 Credit crunches as markov equilibria
by Azariadis, Costas & Choi, Kyoung Jin
- 12-18 Growth or decline of comparative advantage
by Deardorff, Alan V.
- 19-34 The impact of immigration on the employment and wages of native workers
by Chassamboulli, Andri & Palivos, Theodore
- 35-43 The effect of public debt on growth in multiple regimes
by Kourtellos, Andros & Stengos, Thanasis & Tan, Chih Ming
- 44-59 Non-monotonicity of fertility in human capital accumulation and economic growth
by Boikos, Spyridon & Bucci, Alberto & Stengos, Thanasis
- 60-75 Aggregate elasticity of substitution and economic growth: A synthesis
by Xue, Jianpo & Yip, Chong K.
- 76-85 The macroeconomics of TANSTAAFL
by Grossmann, Volker & Steger, Thomas M. & Trimborn, Timo
- 86-94 Factor-augmenting technology choice and monopolistic competition
by Growiec, Jakub
- 95-106 Knowledge-intensive business services and economic growth with endogenous market structure
by Huang, Chien-Yu & Ji, Lei
- 107-120 Fertility, economic growth, and human development causal determinants of the developed lifestyle
by Hafner, Kurt A. & Mayer-Foulkes, David
- 121-135 Product diversification, relative specialisation and economic development: Import–export analysis
by Parteka, Aleksandra & Tamberi, Massimo
2013, Volume 37, Issue C
- 1-18 Output gaps
by Kiley, Michael T.
- 19-40 Bayesian forecasting of federal funds target rate decisions
by van den Hauwe, Sjoerd & Paap, Richard & van Dijk, Dick
- 41-52 Barriers to immigration and the dynamics of emigration
by Djajić, Slobodan
- 53-67 Bank balance sheet dynamics under a regulatory liquidity-coverage-ratio constraint
by Balasubramanyan, Lakshmi & VanHoose, David D.
- 68-80 Quantity rationing of credit and the Phillips curve
by Waters, George A.
- 81-92 Soft information and economic activity: Evidence from the Beige Book
by Sadique, Shibley & In, Francis & Veeraraghavan, Madhu & Wachtel, Paul
- 93-109 The effects of wage volatility on growth
by Jetter, Michael & Nikolsko-Rzhevskyy, Alex & Smith, William T.
- 110-127 Real wage rigidities and optimal monetary policy in a small open economy
by Rhee, Hyuk Jae & Song, Jeongseok
- 128-145 Can institutions explain cross country differences in innovative activity?
by Wang, Cong
- 146-160 Welfare-improving government behavior and inequality in a heterogeneous agents model
by Viegas, Miguel & Ribeiro, Ana Paula
- 161-181 Credit frictions and unexpected credit crunches
by Salas, Sergio
- 182-196 Policing the chain gang: Panel cointegration analysis of the stability of the Suffolk System, 1825–1858
by Young, Andrew T. & Dove, John A.
- 197-207 Trend productivity growth and the government spending multiplier
by Tesfaselassie, Mewael F.
- 208-216 Investment shocks and macroeconomic co-movement
by Furlanetto, Francesco & Natvik, Gisle J. & Seneca, Martin
- 217-229 Do private sector forecasters chase after IMF or OECD forecasts?
by Frenkel, Michael & Rülke, Jan-Christoph & Zimmermann, Lilli
- 230-248 Optimal tax policy under habit formation and capital utilization
by Monteiro, Goncalo & Cook, Adam & Dey, Sanjoy
- 249-264 Embodied technological change and technological revolution: Which sectors matter?
by Mattalia, Claudio
- 265-284 Business cycle convergence in EMU: A first look at the second moment
by Crespo-Cuaresma, Jesús & Fernández-Amador, Octavio
- 285-298 Natural resources and fiscal performance: Does good governance matter?
by El Anshasy, Amany A. & Katsaiti, Marina-Selini
- 299-313 Technology diffusion and its effects on social inequalities
by Magalhães, Manuela & Hellström, Christian
- 314-332 A bank lending channel or a credit supply shock?
by Milcheva, Stanimira
- 333-344 Predicting output using the entire yield curve
by Abdymomunov, Azamat
- 345-348 The effect of underreporting on LIBOR rates
by Monticini, Andrea & Thornton, Daniel L.
2013, Volume 36, Issue C
- 1-22 Monetary policy and stock price dynamics with limited asset market participation
by Airaudo, Marco
- 23-32 Coexistence and welfare cost of inflation
by Lee, Manjong
- 33-50 Stock returns and monetary policy: Are there any ties?
by Bouakez, Hafedh & Essid, Badye & Normandin, Michel
- 51-62 Reaction to technology shocks in Markov-switching structural VARs: Identification via heteroskedasticity
by Netsunajev, Aleksei
- 63-75 Estimating the elasticity of intertemporal substitution: Is the aggregate financial return free from the weak instrument problem?
by Gomes, Fábio Augusto Reis & Paz, Lourenço S.
- 76-88 Consumption and stock prices: Evidence from a small international panel
by McMillan, David G.
- 89-105 Nominal and real wage rigidities. In theory and in Europe
by Knell, Markus
- 106-120 How do currency misalignments’ threshold affect economic growth?
by Couharde, Cécile & Sallenave, Audrey
- 121-137 Capital adequacy and the bank lending channel: Macroeconomic implications
by Shaw, Ming-fu & Chang, Juin-jen & Chen, Hung-Ju
- 138-149 Indeterminacy, labor and capital income taxes, and non-linear tax schedules
by Gokan, Yoichi
- 150-160 Structural breaks and relative price convergence among US cities
by Hegwood, Natalie D. & Nath, Hiranya K.
- 161-174 The role of capital market efficiency in long-term growth: A quantitative exploration
by Lu, Shu-Shiuan
- 175-187 What can we tell about monetary policy synchronization and interdependence over the 2007–2009 global financial crisis?
by Arouri, Mohamed & Jawadi, Fredj & Nguyen, Duc Khuong
- 188-206 The evolution of excess job reallocation in the U.S
by Liu, De-Chih
2013, Volume 35, Issue C
- 1-13 Equilibrium stability in open economy models
by Bodenstein, Martin
- 14-23 The gains from short-term commitments
by Jensen, Christian
- 24-38 Estimating United States Phillips curves with expectations consistent with the statistical process of inflation
by Russell, Bill & Chowdhury, Rosen Azad
- 39-61 Optimal taxation with heterogeneous firms and informal sector
by Cerda, Rodrigo A. & Saravia, Diego
- 62-72 Do Federal Reserve presidents communicate with a regional bias?
by Hayo, Bernd & Neuenkirch, Matthias
- 73-80 Monetary policy, parameter uncertainty and welfare
by Traficante, Guido
- 81-92 Macroeconomic uncertainty, inflation and growth: Regime-dependent effects in the G7
by Neanidis, Kyriakos C. & Savva, Christos S.
- 93-103 Do stock prices contain predictive power for the future economic activity? A Granger causality analysis in the frequency domain
by Croux, Christophe & Reusens, Peter
- 104-116 Investment composition and productivity with heterogeneous entrepreneurs
by Uras, Burak R.
- 117-130 Growth and welfare effects of monetary policy with endogenous fertility
by Chang, Wen-ya & Chen, Ying-an & Chang, Juin-jen
- 131-143 The interaction effects of financial openness and institutions on international capital flows
by Okada, Keisuke
- 144-162 Clustering and polarization in the distribution of output: A multivariate perspective
by Battisti, Michele & Parmeter, Christopher F.
- 163-171 Exchange rate pass through, macro fundamentals and regime choice in Latin America
by Ghosh, Amit
- 172-185 Fitting survey expectations and uncertainty about trend inflation
by Henzel, Steffen R.
- 186-198 Quantile cointegration analysis of the Fisher hypothesis
by Tsong, Ching-Chuan & Lee, Cheng-Feng
- 199-209 The effect of globalization on capital taxation: What have we learned after 20years of empirical studies?
by Adam, Antonis & Kammas, Pantelis & Lagou, Athina
2012, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 903-918 Taylor rules and the Great Inflation
by Nikolsko-Rzhevskyy, Alex & Papell, David H.
- 919-932 Identifying News Shocks from SVARs
by Féve, Patrick & Jidoud, Ahmat
- 933-944 State-dependent pricing and the non-neutrality of money
by Demery, David
- 945-954 The effectiveness of monetary policy in steering money market rates during the financial crisis
by Abbassi, Puriya & Linzert, Tobias
- 955-974 Income tax progressivity, physical capital, aggregate uncertainty and long-run growth in an OLG economy
by Echevarría, Cruz A.
- 975-991 Identifying the Phillips curve through shifts in volatility
by Kajuth, Florian
- 992-1006 Dynamic efficiency and the two-part golden rule with heterogeneous agents
by Kuhle, Wolfgang
- 1007-1019 Banking industry volatility and growth
by Lin, Pei-Chien & Huang, Ho-Chuan (River)
- 1020-1033 On model ambiguity and money neutrality
by Lioui, Abraham & Poncet, Patrice
- 1034-1043 Capital flows, exchange rate flexibility, and the real exchange rate
by Combes, Jean-Louis & Kinda, Tidiane & Plane, Patrick
- 1044-1062 The relationship between factor shares and economic development
by Sturgill, Brad
- 1063-1076 Dynamic analysis of location choice by multinational firms
by Morita, Tadashi
- 1077-1094 Optimal long-run inflation and the New Keynesian model
by Pontiggia, D.
- 1095-1110 Is openness inflationary? Policy commitment and imperfect competition
by Evans, Richard W.
- 1111-1124 Structural cointegrated models of US consumption and wealth
by Fisher, Lance A. & Huh, Hyeon-seung & Otto, Glenn
- 1125-1140 Common trends and common cycles among interest rates of the G7-countries
by Lindenberg, Nannette & Westermann, Frank
- 1141-1153 A Markov regime switching model of crises and contagion: The case of the Iberian countries in the EMS
by Lopes, José Mário & Nunes, Luis C.
- 1154-1166 Does the exchange rate pass-through into prices change when inflation targeting is adopted? The Peruvian case study between 1994 and 2007
by Maertens Odria, Luís Ricardo & Castillo, Paul & Rodriguez, Gabriel
- 1167-1175 Unemployment, cycle and gender
by Peiró, Amado & Belaire-Franch, Jorge & Gonzalo, Maria Teresa
2012, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 569-596 Has the Fed been a failure?
by Selgin, George & Lastrapes, William D. & White, Lawrence H.
- 597-607 Could the United States have had a better central bank? An historical counterfactual speculation
by Bordo, Michael D.
- 608-615 Rules versus discretion at the Federal Reserve System: On to the second century
by Friedman, Benjamin M.
- 616-625 Central bank accountability and independence: Are they inconsistent?
by Hetzel, Robert L.
- 626-630 The Federal Reserve (almost) 100
by Meltzer, Allan H.
- 637-651 Robust FDI determinants: Bayesian Model Averaging in the presence of selection bias
by Eicher, Theo S. & Helfman, Lindy & Lenkoski, Alex
- 652-673 A theory of bank versus bond finance and intra-industry reallocation
by Russ, Katheryn N. & Valderrama, Diego
- 674-686 Markups and fiscal transmission in a panel of OECD countries
by Juessen, Falko & Linnemann, Ludger
- 687-705 Capital requirements and business cycles with credit market imperfections
by Agénor, P.-R. & Alper, K. & Pereira da Silva, L.
- 706-722 The two sector endogenous growth model: An atlas
by Ben-Gad, Michael
- 723-740 How relevant are nominal contracting schemes for monetary policy?
by Paustian, Matthias & von Hagen, Jürgen
- 741-748 Monetary policy and bank lending to small firms
by Kandrac, John
- 749-756 Intellectual property rights, technical progress and the volatility of economic growth
by Chu, Angus C. & Leung, Charles K.Y. & Tang, Edward
- 757-768 Price-level targeting when there is price-level drift
by Gerberding, Christina & Gerke, Rafael & Hammermann, Felix
- 769-787 Price subsidies and the conduct of monetary policy
by Ben Aïssa, Mohamed Safouane & Rebei, Nooman
- 788-800 Credit information sharing and banking crises: An empirical investigation
by Büyükkarabacak, Berrak & Valev, Neven
- 801-821 Employment responses to aggregate and sectoral technology shocks
by Park, Kangwoo
- 822-832 The effect of financial crises on potential output: New empirical evidence from OECD countries
by Furceri, Davide & Mourougane, Annabelle
- 833-844 Asymmetric exchange rate pass-through: Evidence from major countries
by Delatte, Anne-Laure & López-Villavicencio, Antonia
- 845-873 Changing patterns of fiscal policy multipliers in Germany, the UK and the US
by Cimadomo, Jacopo & Bénassy-Quéré, Agnès
- 874-890 How does fiscal policy react to wealth composition and asset prices?
by Agnello, Luca & Castro, Vítor & Sousa, Ricardo M.
- 891-902 Macroeconomic time consistency and wartime presidential approval
by Fox, Gerald T.
2012, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 253-263 Interpreting the evidence for New Keynesian models of inflation dynamics
by Nymoen, Ragnar & Swensen, Anders Rygh & Tveter, Eivind
- 264-280 Fiscal sustainability and demographics – Should we save or work more?
by Andersen, Torben M.
- 281-293 The changing macroeconomic response to stock market volatility shocks
by Beetsma, Roel & Giuliodori, Massimo
- 294-303 The calibration of CES production functions
by Temple, Jonathan
- 304-317 An overhaul of Federal Reserve doctrine: Nominal income and the Great Moderation
by Hendrickson, Joshua R.
- 318-325 Robust monetary policy in a model with financial distress
by Gerke, Rafael & Hammermann, Felix & Lewis, Vivien
- 326-341 Monetary information and monetary policy decisions: Evidence from the euroarea and the UK
by Chevapatrakul, Thanaset & Kim, Tae-Hwan & Mizen, Paul
- 342-361 Estimating monetary policy reaction functions using quantile regressions
by Wolters, Maik H.
- 362-379 The impact of economic news on expected changes in monetary policy
by Lapp, John S. & Pearce, Douglas K.
- 380-390 An empirical investigation of the Taylor curve
by Olson, Eric & Enders, Walter & Wohar, Mark E.
- 391-403 Inflation targets and endogenous wage markups in a New Keynesian model
by Di Bartolomeo, Giovanni & Tirelli, Patrizio & Acocella, Nicola
- 404-418 Asymmetric response to monetary policy surprises at the long-end of the yield curve
by Demiralp, Selva & Yılmaz, Kamil
- 419-428 Explaining inflation-gap persistence by a time-varying Taylor rule
by Conrad, Christian & Eife, Thomas A.
- 429-440 Credit cycles and corporate investment: Direct tests using survey data on banks’ lending practices
by Madsen, Jakob B. & Carrington, Sarah J.
- 441-453 The taxation of capital returns in overlapping generations models
by Dávila, Julio
- 454-469 Equilibrium unemployment-inequality correlation
by Cysne, Rubens Penha & Turchick, David
- 470-488 Crisis and recovery: Role of the exchange rate regime in emerging market economies
by Tsangarides, Charalambos G.
- 489-503 Credit buildups and the stock market in four East Asian economies
by Kim, Jong Hun & Rousseau, Peter L.
- 504-522 Fiscal policy reforms in general equilibrium: The case of Greece
by Papageorgiou, Dimitris
- 523-536 The impacts of regime-switching structures and fat-tailed characteristics on the relationship between inflation and inflation uncertainty
by Chang, Kuang-Liang
- 537-552 Desperately seeking the positive impact of undervaluation on growth
by Nouira, Ridha & Sekkat, Khalid
- 553-566 Information contagion within small worlds and changes in kurtosis and volatility in financial prices
by Bowden, Mark P.
2012, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 2-10 Has macro progressed?
by Fair, Ray C.
- 11-22 What have central bankers learned from modern macroeconomic theory?
by Howitt, Peter
- 23-28 Macro has progressed
by Kozicki, Sharon
- 29-41 Economics and reality
by Uhlig, Harald
- 42-58 Nonlinearities in growth: From evidence to policy
by Cohen-Cole, Ethan B. & Durlauf, Steven N. & Rondina, Giacomo
- 59-75 Money, reserves, and the transmission of monetary policy: Does the money multiplier exist?
by Carpenter, Seth & Demiralp, Selva
- 76-86 The limited usefulness of macroeconomic Bayesian VARs when estimating the probability of a US recession
by Österholm, Pär
- 87-94 Banking and the role of money in the business cycle
by Zanetti, Francesco
- 95-111 Money and risk in a DSGE framework: A Bayesian application to the Eurozone
by Benchimol, Jonathan & Fourçans, André
- 112-125 Forecasting US recessions with various risk factors and dynamic probit models
by Ng, Eric C.Y.
- 126-146 Monetary policy and stock-price dynamics in a DSGE framework
by Nisticò, Salvatore
- 147-166 Monetary policy rules in an OLG model with non-superneutral money
by von Thadden, Leopold
- 167-180 Trends and random walks in macroeconomic time series: A reappraisal
by Charles, Amélie & Darné, Olivier
- 181-198 Factor shares, the price markup, and the elasticity of substitution between capital and labor
by Raurich, Xavier & Sala, Hector & Sorolla, Valeri
- 199-222 Labor market frictions and the international propagation mechanism
by Patureau, Lise
- 223-238 VECM estimations of the PPP reversion rate revisited: The conventional role of relative price adjustment restored
by Kim, Hyeongwoo