Journal of Criminal Justice
2013, Volume 41, Issue 4
- 252-261 Social isolation and inmate behavior: A conceptual framework for theorizing prison visitation and guiding and assessing research
by Cochran, Joshua C. & Mears, Daniel P.
- 262-272 Genetic and environmental influences underlying the relationship between low self-control and substance use
by Boisvert, Danielle & Boutwell, Brian B. & Barnes, J.C. & Vaske, Jamie
2013, Volume 41, Issue 3
- 141-150 Personal factors and substance abuse treatment program retention among felony probationers: Theoretical relevance of initial vs. shifting scores on impulsivity/low self-control
by Taylor, Liana & Hiller, Matthew & Taylor, Ralph B.
- 151-161 Perceptions of prosocial and delinquent peer behavior and the effect on delinquent attitudes: A longitudinal study
by Carson, Dena C.
- 162-171 Adolescent parties and substance use: A situational approach to peer influence
by Gallupe, Owen & Bouchard, Martin
- 172-177 Adult onset offending in a Swedish female birth cohort
by Andersson, Frida & Torstensson Levander, Marie
- 178-187 Need drugs, will travel?: The distances to crime of illegal drug buyers
by Johnson, Lallen T. & Taylor, Ralph B. & Ratcliffe, Jerry H.
- 188-195 Two dopamine receptor genes (DRD2 and DRD4) predict psychopathic personality traits in a sample of American adults
by Wu, Tong & Barnes, J.C.
- 196-204 The effect of prison-based college education programs on recidivism: Propensity Score Matching approach
by Kim, Ryang Hui & Clark, David
2013, Volume 41, Issue 2
- 61-63 Introduction to the special issue: Psychology of crime
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 64-71 Community-based alternatives for justice-involved individuals with severe mental illness: Diversion, problem-solving courts, and reentry
by DeMatteo, David & LaDuke, Casey & Locklair, Benjamin R. & Heilbrun, Kirk
- 72-80 Individual-level interventions for alcohol-related violence: Expanding targets for inclusion in treatment programs
by McMurran, Mary
- 81-89 An exploration of the association between criminal thinking and community program attrition
by Mitchell, Damon & Tafrate, Raymond Chip & Hogan, Tom & Olver, Mark E.
- 90-99 Is a separate diagnostic category defensible for paraphilic coercion?
by Knight, Raymond A. & Sims-Knight, Judith & Guay, Jean-Pierre
- 100-107 Disentangling the relationship between delinquency and hyperactivity, low achievement, depression, and low socioeconomic status: Analysis of repeated longitudinal data
by Defoe, Ivy N. & Farrington, David P. & Loeber, Rolf
- 108-114 Evaluating the positive and negative benefits of crime: Development and validation of the Decisional Balance Scale for Adolescent Offenders (DBS-AO)
by Jordan, Mandy J. & Rogers, Richard & Neumann, Craig S. & Norlander, Bradley
- 115-124 Dynamic risk assessment: A validation study
by Morgan, Robert D. & Kroner, Daryl G. & Mills, Jeremy F. & Serna, Catherine & McDonald, Brendan
- 125-134 Using the Psychopathic Personality Inventory to identify subtypes of antisocial personality disorder
by Cox, Jennifer & Edens, John F. & Magyar, Melissa S. & Lilienfeld, Scott O. & Douglas, Kevin S. & Poythress, Norman G.
- 135-140 Antisocial cognition and crime continuity: Cognitive mediation of the past crime-future crime relationship
by Walters, Glenn D. & DeLisi, Matt
2013, Volume 41, Issue 1
- 1-11 Fear of crime, incivilities, and collective efficacy in four Miami neighborhoods
by Swatt, Marc L. & Varano, Sean P. & Uchida, Craig D. & Solomon, Shellie E.
- 12-17 Early starters: Which type of criminal onset matters most for delinquent careers?
by DeLisi, Matt & Neppl, Tricia K. & Lohman, Brenda J. & Vaughn, Michael G. & Shook, Jeffrey J.
- 18-23 Discouraging window breakers: The lagged effects of police activity on crime
by Caudill, Jonathan W. & Getty, Ryan & Smith, Rick & Patten, Ryan & Trulson, Chad R.
- 24-32 Maternal versus adolescent reports of self-control: Implications for testing the general theory of crime
by Meldrum, Ryan C. & Young, Jacob T.N. & Burt, Callie Harbin & Piquero, Alex R.
- 33-43 Attempting to reduce firearms violence through a Comprehensive Anti-Gang Initiative (CAGI): An evaluation of process and impact
by McGarrell, Edmund F. & Corsaro, Nicholas & Melde, Chris & Hipple, Natalie K. & Bynum, Timothy & Cobbina, Jennifer
- 44-52 Childhood broken homes and adult violence: An analysis of moderators and mediators
by Theobald, Delphine & Farrington, David P. & Piquero, Alex R.
- 53-59 Bullying victimization and adolescent mental health: General and typological effects across sex
by Turner, Michael G. & Exum, M. Lyn & Brame, Robert & Holt, Thomas J.
2012, Volume 40, Issue 6
- 441-451 Reporting violence to the police: Predictors through the life course
by Bosick, Stacey J. & Rennison, Callie Marie & Gover, Angela R. & Dodge, Mary
- 452-462 Changes in self-control during adolescence: Investigating the influence of the adolescent peer network
by Meldrum, Ryan C. & Young, Jacob T.N. & Weerman, Frank M.
- 463-471 Can a perceptual peer deviance measure accurately measure a peer's self-reported deviance?
by Boman, John H. & Ward, Jeffrey T. & Gibson, Chris L. & Leite, Walter L.
- 472-489 On the number and shape of developmental/life-course violence, aggression, and delinquency trajectories: A state-of-the-art review
by Jennings, Wesley G. & Reingle, Jennifer M.
- 490-501 The causal relationship between gang joining and violent victimization: A critical review and directions for future research
by Gibson, Chris L. & Swatt, Marc L. & Miller, J. Mitchell & Jennings, Wesley G. & Gover, Angela R.
- 502-514 Not by accident: An analytical approach to traffic crash harm reduction
by Corsaro, Nicholas & Gerard, Daniel W. & Engel, Robin S. & Eck, John E.
2012, Volume 40, Issue 4
- 269-277 Child and adolescent psychopathy: A state-of-the-art reflection on the construct and etiological theories
by Ribeiro da Silva, Diana & Rijo, Daniel & Salekin, Randall T.
- 278-284 Toward a typology of sexual burglary: Latent class findings
by Pedneault, Amélie & Harris, Danielle A. & Knight, Raymond A.
- 285-295 Racial differences in speeding patterns: Exploring the differential offending hypothesis
by Tillyer, Rob & Engel, Robin S.
- 296-305 The impact of culture on acceptance of soft drugs across Europe
by Cao, Liqun & Zhao, Ruohui
- 306-312 Biosocial criminology and modern crime prevention
by Rocque, Michael & Welsh, Brandon C. & Raine, Adrian
- 313-322 The stability of risk-seeking from adolescence to emerging adulthood
by Vaske, Jamie & Ward, Jeffrey T. & Boisvert, Danielle & Wright, John Paul
- 323-332 The Residual Career Patterns of Police Misconduct
by Harris, Christopher J.
- 333-343 Examining macro-level impacts on procedural justice and police legitimacy
by Gau, Jacinta M. & Corsaro, Nicholas & Stewart, Eric A. & Brunson, Rod K.
2012, Volume 40, Issue 3
- 165-173 Toward a criminal justice epidemiology: Behavioral and physical health of probationers and parolees in the United States
by Vaughn, Michael G. & DeLisi, Matt & Beaver, Kevin M. & Perron, Brian E. & Abdon, Arnelyn
- 176-186 General strain and non-strain theories: A study of crime in emerging adulthood
by Jang, Sung Joon & Rhodes, Jeremy R.
- 187-193 Can general strain theory be used to explain recidivism among registered sex offenders?
by Ackerman, Alissa R. & Sacks, Meghan
- 194-201 Does prison strain lead to prison misbehavior? An application of general strain theory to inmate misconduct
by Morris, Robert G. & Carriaga, Michael L. & Diamond, Brie & Piquero, Nicole Leeper & Piquero, Alex R.
- 202-211 Childhood adversity and substance use of women prisoners: A general strain theory approach
by Sharp, Susan F. & Peck, B. Mitchell & Hartsfield, Jennifer
- 212-220 Foster youth and crime: Employing general strain theory to promote understanding
by Barn, Ravinder & Tan, Jo-Pei
- 221-229 The strains of maternal imprisonment: Importation and deprivation stressors for women and children
by Foster, Holly
- 230-237 Perceived injustice and delinquency: A test of general strain theory
by Rebellon, Cesar J. & Manasse, Michelle E. & Van Gundy, Karen T. & Cohn, Ellen S.
- 238-248 An uneven playing field: The impact of strain and coping skills on treatment outcomes for juvenile offenders
by Sealock, Miriam D. & Manasse, Michelle
- 249-258 The influence of occupational strain on organizational commitment among police: A general strain theory approach
by Moon, Melissa M. & Jonson, Cheryl Lero
- 259-267 Dealing with the fall-Out: Identifying and addressing the role that relationship strain plays in the lives of girls in the juvenile justice system
by Garcia, Crystal A. & Lane, Jodi
2012, Volume 40, Issue 2
- 103-116 Nature and consequences of dismissals: Implications for public safety and crime prevention in criminal courts in America
by Vîlcică, E. Rely
- 117-127 A comparative analysis of general strain theory
by Sigfusdottir, Inga Dora & Kristjansson, Alfgeir Logi & Agnew, Robert
- 128-133 Science, politics, and crime prevention: Toward a new crime policy
by Welsh, Brandon C. & Farrington, David P.
- 134-141 Fear of crime and vulnerability: Using a national sample of Americans to examine two competing paradigms
by Rader, Nicole E. & Cossman, Jeralynn S. & Porter, Jeremy R.
- 142-151 Testing the relative importance of contemporaneous offenses: The impacts of fear of sexual assault versus fear of physical harm among men and women
by Cook, Carrie L. & Fox, Kathleen A.
- 152-163 Social disorganization, Latinos and juvenile crime in the Texas borderlands
by Allen, Jonathan & Cancino, Jeffrey M.
2011, Volume 39, Issue 6
- 463-470 Community-level impacts of temperature on urban street robbery
by Sorg, Evan T. & Taylor, Ralph B.
- 471-478 Marked for Death: An Empirical Criminal Careers Analysis of Death Sentences in a Sample of Convicted Male Homicide Offenders
by Behnken, Monic P. & Caudill, Jonathan W. & Berg, Mark T. & Trulson, Chad R. & DeLisi, Matt
- 479-488 Naturally Occurring Social Support in Interventions for Former Prisoners with Substance Use Disorders: Conceptual Framework and Program Model
by Pettus-Davis, Carrie & Howard, Matthew Owen & Roberts-Lewis, Amelia & Scheyett, Anna M.
- 489-498 The Convergent and Discriminant Validity of Procedural Justice and Police Legitimacy: An Empirical Test of Core Theoretical Propositions
by Gau, Jacinta M.
- 499-508 Testing Social Support Theory: A Multilevel Analysis of Recidivism
by Orrick, Erin A. & Worrall, John L. & Morris, Robert G. & Piquero, Alex R. & Bales, William D. & Wang, Xia
- 509-520 Evidence on the Effectiveness of Juvenile Court Sanctions
by Mears, Daniel P. & Cochran, Joshua C. & Greenman, Sarah J. & Bhati, Avinash S. & Greenwald, Mark A.
- 521-530 Does the measurement of peer deviance change the relationship between self-control and deviant behavior? An analysis of friendship pairs
by Boman, John H. & Gibson, Chris L.
2011, Volume 39, Issue 5
- 367-377 Assessing the interaction between offender and victim criminal lifestyles & homicide type
by Pizarro, Jesenia M. & Zgoba, Kristen M. & Jennings, Wesley G.
- 378-384 Evidence of a gene × environment interaction between perceived prejudice and MAOA genotype in the prediction of criminal arrests
by Schwartz, Joseph A. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 385-393 Reintegration or stigmatization? Offenders’ expectations of community re-entry
by Benson, Michael L. & Alarid, Leanne Fiftal & Burton, Velmer S. & Cullen, Francis T.
- 394-404 Estimating the probability of local crime clusters: The impact of immediate spatial neighbors
by Andresen, Martin A.
- 405-416 Parenthood and crime: The role of wantedness, relationships with partners, and ses
by Giordano, Peggy C. & Seffrin, Patrick M. & Manning, Wendy D. & Longmore, Monica A.
- 417-425 Motives and methods for leaving the gang: Understanding the process of gang desistance
by Pyrooz, David C. & Decker, Scott H.
- 426-432 The genetic origins of psychopathic personality traits in adult males and females: Results from an adoption-based study
by Beaver, Kevin M. & Rowland, Meghan W. & Schwartz, Joseph A. & Nedelec, Joseph L.
- 433-444 Patterns of criminal achievement in sexual offending: Unravelling the “successful” sex offender
by Lussier, Patrick & Bouchard, Martin & Beauregard, Eric
- 445-451 The reliability of police employee counts: Comparing FBI and ICMA data, 1954–2008
by King, William R. & Cihan, Abdullah & Heinonen, Justin A.
- 452-459 Social ecology, individual risk, and recidivism: A multilevel examination of main and moderating influences
by Tillyer, Marie Skubak & Vose, Brenda
July 2011, Volume 39, Issue 4
- 289-301 New frontiers in criminal careers research, 2000-2011: A state-of-the-art review
by DeLisi, Matt & Piquero, Alex R.
- 302-311 Life domains and crime: A test of Agnew's general theory of crime and delinquency
by Ngo, Fawn T. & Paternoster, Raymond & Cullen, Francis T. & Mackenzie, Doris Layton
- 312-319 The effect of perceived risk and victimization on plans to purchase a gun for self-protection
by Kleck, Gary & Kovandzic, Tomislav & Saber, Mark & Hauser, Will
- 320-328 What works (or doesn't) in a DUI court? An example of expedited case processing
by Bouffard, Jeffrey A. & Bouffard, Leana A.
- 329-337 Personality, antisocial behavior, and aggression: A meta-analytic review
by Jones, Shayne E. & Miller, Joshua D. & Lynam, Donald R.
- 338-343 Sustaining families, dissuading crime: The effectiveness of a family preservation program with male delinquents
by Diamond, Brie & Morris, Robert G. & Caudill, Jonathan W.
- 344-354 Population heterogeneity, state dependence and sexual offender recidivism: The aging process and the lost predictive impact of prior criminal charges over time
by Amirault, Joanna & Lussier, Patrick
- 355-365 Incarceration, education and transition from delinquency
by Blomberg, Thomas G. & Bales, William D. & Mann, Karen & Piquero, Alex R. & Berk, Richard A.
May 2011, Volume 39, Issue 3
- 205-206 Addiction and criminal justice: Empirical findings and theory for advancing public safety and health
by Vaughn, Michael
- 207-211 Multivariate comparison of male and female adolescent substance abusers with accompanying legal problems
by Tarter, Ralph E. & Kirisci, Levent & Mezzich, Ada & Patton, David
- 212-217 Characteristics of abstainers from substance use and antisocial behavior in the United States
by Vaughn, Michael G. & Fu, Qiang & Wernet, Stephen J. & DeLisi, Matt & Beaver, Kevin M. & Perron, Brian E. & Howard, Matthew O.
- 218-223 Marijuana but not alcohol use during adolescence mediates the association between transmissible risk for substance use disorder and number of lifetime violent offenses
by Reynolds, Maureen D. & Tarter, Ralph E. & Kirisci, Levent & Clark, Duncan B.
- 224-231 An empirical portrait of youthful offenders who sell drugs
by Shook, Jeffrey J. & Vaughn, Michael & Goodkind, Sara & Johnson, Heath
- 232-237 Examining the relationship among substance abuse, negative emotionality and impulsivity across subtypes of antisocial and psychopathic substance abusers
by Magyar, Melissa S. & Edens, John F. & Lilienfeld, Scott O. & Douglas, Kevin S. & Poythress Jr., Norman G.
- 238-245 Predictors of suicidal ideation, suicide attempts, and self-harm without lethal intent in a community corrections sample
by Gunter, Tracy D. & Chibnall, John T. & Antoniak, Sandra K. & Philibert, Robert A. & Hollenbeck, Nancy
- 246-252 Substance abuse treatment for juvenile offenders: A review of quasi-experimental and experimental research
by Tripodi, Stephen J. & Bender, Kimberly
- 253-260 Targeting dispositions for drug-involved offenders: A field trial of the Risk and Needs Triage (RANT)(TM)
by Marlowe, Douglas B. & Festinger, David S. & Dugosh, Karen L. & Caron, Anne & Podkopacz, Marcy R. & Clements, Nicolle T.
- 261-267 Decide your time: Testing deterrence theory's certainty and celerity effects on substance-using probationers
by O'Connell, Daniel & Visher, Christy A. & Martin, Steven & Parker, Laurin & Brent, John
- 268-272 Pathways through drugs and crime: Desistance, trauma and resilience
by Hammersley, Richard
- 273-285 Civil asset forfeiture, equitable sharing, and policing for profit in the United States
by Holcomb, Jefferson E. & Kovandzic, Tomislav V. & Williams, Marian R.
- 286-288 Crime-minimizing drug policy
by Kleiman, Mark A.R. & Heussler, Lowry
2011, Volume 39, Issue 2
- 106-119 Judicial scrutiny of gender-based employment practices in the criminal justice system
by Nolasco, Claire Angelique R.I. & Vaughn, Michael S.
- 120-127 Moving beyond the socialization hypothesis: The effects of maternal smoking during pregnancy on the development of self-control
by Turner, Michael G. & Livecchi, Crista M. & Beaver, Kevin M. & Booth, Jeb
- 128-136 Compstat in Australia: An analysis of the spatial and temporal impact
by Mazerolle, Lorraine & McBroom, James & Rombouts, Sacha
- 137-142 First-time DWI offenders are at risk of recidivating regardless of sanctions imposed
by Ahlin, Eileen M. & Zador, Paul L. & Rauch, William J. & Howard, Jan M. & Duncan, G. Doug
- 143-150 Serious assaults on prison staff: A descriptive analysis
by Sorensen, Jon R. & Cunningham, Mark D. & Vigen, Mark P. & Woods, S.O.
- 151-158 Violent criminals locked up: Examining the effect of incarceration on behavioral continuity
by Sorensen, Jon & Davis, Jaya
- 159-168 Procedural justice during police-citizen encounters: The effects of process-based policing on citizen compliance and demeanor
by Dai, Mengyan & Frank, James & Sun, Ivan
- 169-174 Does victimization reduce self-control? A longitudinal analysis
by Agnew, Robert & Scheuerman, Heather & Grosholz, Jessica & Isom, Deena & Watson, Lesley & Thaxton, Sherod
- 175-182 Examining GPS monitoring alerts triggered by sex offenders: The divergence of legislative goals and practical application in community corrections
by Armstrong, Gaylene S. & Freeman, Beth C.
- 183-191 Can financial incentives reduce juvenile confinement levels? An evaluation of the Redeploy Illinois program
by Armstrong, Gaylene S. & Armstrong, Todd A. & Webb, Vince J. & Atkin, Cassandra A.
- 192-197 Black–white differences in positive outcome expectancies for crime: A study of male federal prison inmates
by Walters, Glenn D.
- 198-204 Is teen court the best fit? Assessing the predictive validity of the Teen Court Peer Influence Scale
by Smith, Kenneth S. & Blackburn, Ashley G.
2011, Volume 39, Issue 1
- 3-11 ADHD and criminality: A primer on the genetic, neurobiological, evolutionary, and treatment literature for criminologists
by Schilling, Catrina M. & Walsh, Anthony & Yun, Ilhong
- 12-20 Assessing the effectiveness of mental health courts: A quantitative review
by Sarteschi, Christine M. & Vaughn, Michael G. & Kim, Kevin
- 21-29 Physical health and crime among low-income urban women: An application of general strain theory
by Schroeder, Ryan D. & Hill, Terrence D. & Haynes, Stacy Hoskins & Bradley, Christopher
- 30-38 Correlates and consequences of pre-incarceration gang involvement among incarcerated youthful felons
by Varano, Sean P. & Huebner, Beth M. & Bynum, Timothy S.
- 39-47 Is stalking a learned phenomenon? An empirical test of social learning theory
by Fox, Kathleen A. & Nobles, Matt R. & Akers, Ronald L.
- 48-59 Understanding the relationship between violent victimization and gang membership
by Katz, Charles M. & Webb, Vincent J. & Fox, Kate & Shaffer, Jennifer N.
- 60-66 Developmental trajectories of nonsocial reinforcement and offending in adolescence and young adulthood: An exploratory study of an understudied part of social learning theory
by Higgins, George E. & Jennings, Wesley G. & Marcum, Catherine D. & Ricketts, Melissa L. & Mahoney, Margaret
- 67-74 The effect of low self-control on perceived police legitimacy
by Wolfe, Scott E.
- 75-80 The Severe 5%: A Latent Class Analysis of the Externalizing Behavior Spectrum in the United States
by Vaughn, Michael G. & DeLisi, Matt & Gunter, Tracy & Fu, Qiang & Beaver, Kevin M. & Perron, Brian E. & Howard, Matthew O.
- 81-89 No change is a good change? Restrictive deterrence in illegal drug markets
by Gallupe, Owen & Bouchard, Martin & Caulkins, Jonathan P.
- 90-102 Toward a biosocial theory of offender rehabiltiation: Why does cognitive-behavioral therapy work?
by Vaske, Jamie & Galyean, Kevan & Cullen, Francis T.
November 2010, Volume 38, Issue 6
- 1097-1099 The criminal justice system works!
by DeLisi, Matt
- 1100-1112 General strain theory and the development of stressors and substance use over time: An empirical examination
by Slocum, Lee Ann
- 1113-1121 General strain theory, persistence, and desistance among young adult males
by Eitle, David
- 1122-1131 Sex differences in the causes of self-control: An examination of mediation, moderation, and gendered etiologies
by Chapple, Constance L. & Vaske, Jamie & Hope, Trina L.
- 1132-1140 Sugar and spice and everything nice? Exploring institutional misconduct among serious and violent female delinquents
by Blackburn, Ashley G. & Trulson, Chad R.
- 1141-1149 The influence of forensic evidence on the case outcomes of homicide incidents
by Baskin, Deborah & Sommers, Ira
- 1150-1159 Healthy, wealthy, and wise: Incorporating health issues as a source of strain in Agnew's general strain theory
by Stogner, John & Gibson, Chris L.
- 1160-1166 Cleaning up your act: Forensic awareness as a detection avoidance strategy
by Beauregard, Eric & Bouchard, Martin
- 1167-1175 The relationship between shift work, perceived stress, sleep and health in Swiss police officers
by Gerber, Markus & Hartmann, Tim & Brand, Serge & Holsboer-Trachsler, Edith & Pühse, Uwe
- 1176-1185 An empirical examination of adolescence-limited offending: A direct test of Moffitt's maturity gap thesis
by Barnes, J.C. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 1186-1190 Research Note: Assessing the validity of college samples: Are students really that different?
by Wiecko, Filip M.
- 1191-1201 Assessing the victim-offender overlap among Puerto Rican youth
by Maldonado-Molina, Mildred M. & Jennings, Wesley G. & Tobler, Amy L. & Piquero, Alex R. & Canino, Glorisa
September 2010, Volume 38, Issue 5
- 841-853 The total effects of boot camps that house juveniles: A systematic review of the evidence
by Meade, Benjamin & Steiner, Benjamin
- 854-861 School disorder, victimization, and general v. place-specific student avoidance
by Randa, Ryan & Wilcox, Pamela
- 862-869 Death penalty views in China, Japan and the U.S.: An empirical comparison
by Jiang, Shanhe & Lambert, Eric G. & Wang, Jin & Saito, Toyoji & Pilot, Rebecca
- 870-879 Exploring the utility of entitlement in understanding sexual aggression
by Bouffard, Leana Allen
- 880-888 Sense-making and secondary victimization among unsolved homicide co-victims
by Stretesky, Paul B. & Shelley, Tara O'Connor & Hogan, Michael J. & Unnithan, N. Prabha
- 889-895 Suicide by Cop: Police shooting as a method of self-harming
by Lord, Vivian B. & Sloop, Michael W.
- 896-902 "Shaping history" or "Riding the wave"?: President Bush's influence on the public opinion of terrorism, homeland security, & crime
by Hill, Joshua & Oliver, Willard M. & Marion, Nancy E.
- 903-912 Street youths' control imbalance and soft and hard drug use
by Baron, Stephen W.
- 913-920 Routine activities as determinants of gender differences in delinquency
by Novak, Katherine B. & Crawford, Lizabeth A.
- 921-933 Groups, gangs, and delinquency: Does organization matter?
by Bouchard, Martin & Spindler, Andrea
- 934-941 The impact of political entity on confidence in legal authorities: A comparison between China and Taiwan
by Lai, Yung-Lien & Cao, Liqun & Zhao, Jihong Solomon
- 942-950 Social disorganization, marriage, and reported crime: A spatial econometrics examination of family formation and criminal offending
by Porter, Jeremy R. & Purser, Christopher W.
- 951-958 Understanding gender-specific intimate partner homicide: A theoretical and domestic service-oriented approach
by Reckdenwald, Amy & Parker, Karen F.
- 959-968 To execute or not to execute? Examining public support for capital punishment of sex offenders
by Mancini, Christina & Mears, Daniel P.
- 969-980 The co-implementation of Compstat and community policing
by Willis, James J. & Mastrofski, Stephen D. & Kochel, Tammy Rinehart
- 981-987 Assessing the perceived benefits--criminal offending relationship
by Baker, Thomas & Piquero, Alex R.
- 988-997 Anticipated shaming and criminal offending
by Rebellon, Cesar J. & Piquero, Nicole Leeper & Piquero, Alex R. & Tibbetts, Stephen G.
- 998-1005 The stalking victim's decision to contact the police: A test of Gottfredson and Gottfredson's theory of criminal justice decision making
by Reyns, Bradford W. & Englebrecht, Christine M.
- 1006-1014 It's not the time they spend, it's what they do: The interaction between delinquent friends and unstructured routine activity on delinquency: Findings from two countries
by Svensson, Robert & Oberwittler, Dietrich
- 1015-1021 Exploring the link between self-control and partner violence: Bad parenting or general criminals
by Payne, Brian K. & Higgins, George E. & Blackwell, Brenda
- 1022-1030 Sex offender residence restriction laws: Parental perceptions and public policy
by Mancini, Christina & Shields, Ryan T. & Mears, Daniel P. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 1031-1037 The validity of criminal justice contacts reported by inmates: A comparison of self-reported data with official prison records
by Roberts, Jennifer & Wells, William
- 1038-1044 A review of the life-events calendar method for criminological research
by Sutton, James E.
- 1045-1052 Differentiating identity theft: An exploratory study of victims using a national victimization survey
by Copes, Heith & Kerley, Kent R. & Huff, Rodney & Kane, John
- 1053-1062 An empirical examination of AMBER Alert 'successes'
by Griffin, Timothy
- 1063-1070 Do you get what you pay for? Type of counsel and its effect on criminal court outcomes
by Hartley, Richard D. & Miller, Holly Ventura & Spohn, Cassia
- 1071-1081 Adolescent school-based sexual victimization: Exploring the role of opportunity in a gender-specific multilevel analysis
by Tillyer, Marie Skubak & Wilcox, Pamela & Gialopsos, Brooke Miller
- 1082-1089 Reexamining the effect of christian denominational affiliation on death penalty support
by Wozniak, Kevin H. & Lewis, Andrew R.
- 1090-1096 Cost-benefit analysis of reducing crime through electronic monitoring of parolees and probationers
by Yeh, Stuart S.
July 2010, Volume 38, Issue 4
- 339-339 Editorial
by DeLisi, Matt
- 340-347 Criminal career progression among serious youthful offenders in Australia
by Brame, Robert & Mazerolle, Paul & Piquero, Alex R.
- 348-358 Inmate homicides: Killers, victims, motives, and circumstances
by Cunningham, Mark D. & Sorensen, Jon R. & Vigen, Mark P. & Woods, S.O.
- 359-367 Bad moon on the rise? Lunar cycles and incidents of crime
by Schafer, Joseph A. & Varano, Sean P. & Jarvis, John P. & Cancino, Jeffrey M.
- 368-375 Intensive supervision programs: Does program philosophy and the principles of effective intervention matter?
by Lowenkamp, Christopher T. & Flores, Anthony W. & Holsinger, Alexander M. & Makarios, Matthew D. & Latessa, Edward J.
- 376-382 Offender military enlistment as an emotionally intelligent justice system intervention
by Miller, J. Mitchell & Shutt, J. Eagle & Bernstein, Barry
- 383-389 A partial assessment of South Carolina's Project Safe Neighborhoods strategy: Evidence from a sample of supervised offenders
by Barnes, J.C. & Kurlychek, Megan C. & Miller, Holly Ventura & Miller, J. Mitchell & Kaminski, Robert J.
- 390-399 An investigation of reporting violence to the police: A focus on Hispanic victims
by Rennison, Callie Marie
- 400-409 Methodological artifacts in tests of rational choice theory
by Bouffard, Jeffrey A. & Exum, M. Lyn & Collins, Peter A.
- 410-418 Dangerous work and name disclosure
by Hsieh, An Tien & Hsieh, Shu-Hui
- 419-429 Cents and sensibility: A case study of corrections reform in Kansas and Michigan
by Rengifo, Andres F. & Stemen, Don & Dooley, Brendan D. & Amidon, Ethan & Gendon, Amanda
- 430-438 Hot corridors, deterrence, and guardianship: An assessment of the Omaha metro safety initiative
by Crank, John & Koski, Connie & Johnson, Michael & Ramirez, Eric & Shelden, Andrew & Peterson, Sandra
- 439-445 Delinquency and alcohol-impaired driving among young males: A longitudinal study
by Zhang, Lening & Wieczorek, William F. & Welte, John W. & Colder, Craig & Nochajski, Thomas H.
- 446-452 Modeling violent crime rates: A test of social disorganization in the city of Tshwane, South Africa
by Breetzke, Gregory Dennis
- 453-459 Who is better for handling domestic violence? A comparison between Taiwanese female and male Officers
by Sun, Ivan Y. & Chu, Doris C.
- 460-469 Correlates of informal social control in Guangzhou, China neighborhoods
by Jiang, Shanhe & Wang, Jin & Lambert, Eric
- 470-480 Criminological theory in the digital age: The case of social learning theory and digital piracy
by Morris, Robert G. & Higgins, George E.
- 481-488 Social ecology and police discretion: The influence of district crime, cynicism, and workload on the vigor of police response
by Sobol, James J.
- 489-495 The role of broken homes in the development of self-control: A propensity score matching approach
by Boutwell, Brian B. & Beaver, Kevin M.
- 496-505 Experienced and vicarious victimization: Do social support and self-esteem prevent delinquent responses?
by Kort-Butler, Lisa A.
- 506-511 Is blue going green?
by Worrall, John L.
- 512-519 Reducing intimate partner homicides: The effects of federally-funded shelter service availability in California
by Wells, William & Ren, Ling & DeLeon-Granados, William
- 520-530 Motivations for becoming a police officer: Re-assessing officer attitudes and job satisfaction after six years on the street
by White, Michael D. & Cooper, Jonathon A. & Saunders, Jessica & Raganella, Anthony J.
- 531-537 Exploring terra incognita: Family values and prostitution acceptance in China
by Cao, Liqun & Stack, Steven
- 538-544 Race, concentrated disadvantage, and recidivism: A test of interaction effects
by Wehrman, Michael M.
- 545-554 Supermax housing: Placement, duration, and time to reentry
by Mears, Daniel P. & Bales, William D.
- 555-561 The sex ratio and male-on-female intimate partner violence
by D'Alessio, Stewart J. & Stolzenberg, Lisa
- 562-571 Adult child-parent bonds and life course criminality
by Schroeder, Ryan D. & Giordano, Peggy C. & Cernkovich, Stephen A.
- 572-579 Juvenile arrest rates for burglary: A routine activities approach
by Pollock, Wendi & Joo, Hee-Jong & Lawton, Brian
- 580-588 Attitudes about rehabilitating sex offenders: Demographic, victimization, and community-level influences
by Payne, Brian K. & Tewksbury, Richard & Mustaine, Elizabeth Ehrhardt
- 589-594 Citizen perceptions of the legitimacy of traffic stops
by Allen, John & Monk-Turner, Elizabeth
- 595-603 Perceptions of gangs among prosecutors in an emerging gang city
by Fox, Kathleen A. & Lane, Jodi
- 604-608 A half century of parole rules: Conditions of parole in the United States, 2008
by Travis III, Lawrence F. & Stacey, James
- 609-615 The job in the joint: The impact of generation and gender on work stress in prison
by Dial, Kelly Cheeseman & Downey, Ragan A. & Goodlin, Wendi Elizabeth
- 616-624 Child-to-parent violence: Profile of abusive adolescents and their families
by Ibabe, Izaskun & Jaureguizar, Joana
- 625-632 Listening to law enforcement officers: The promises and problems of police - adult probation partnerships
by Kim, Bitna & Gerber, Jurg & Beto, Dan Richard
- 633-639 Strength in numbers? A test of Kanter's theory of tokenism
by Stichman, Amy J. & Hassell, Kimberly D. & Archbold, Carol A.
- 640-647 A comparison of Chinese and the U.S. police cadets' occupational attitudes
by Sun, Ivan Y. & Sobol, James J. & Cretacci, Michael & Phillips, Scott W.
- 648-656 Investigating mobility patterns for repetitive sexual contact in adult child sex offending
by Leclerc, Benoit & Wortley, Richard & Smallbone, Stephen
- 657-665 Driving racial profiling research forward: Learning lessons from sentencing research
by Tillyer, Rob & Hartley, Richard D.
- 666-674 Instittutional attachments and self-control: Understanding deviance among Hispanic adolescents
by Alvarez-Rivera, Lorna L. & Fox, Kathleen A.