2016, Volume 120, Issue 5
- 452-461 Characteristics of frequent users of the emergency department in the general adult population: A systematic review of international healthcare systems
by Soril, Lesley J.J. & Leggett, Laura E. & Lorenzetti, Diane L. & Noseworthy, Tom W. & Clement, Fiona M.
- 462-470 Targeting frequent users of emergency departments: Prominent risk factors and policy implications
by Leporatti, Lucia & Ameri, Marta & Trinchero, Chiara & Orcamo, Patrizia & Montefiori, Marcello
- 471-485 Which Triple Aim related measures are being used to evaluate population management initiatives? An international comparative analysis
by Hendrikx, Roy J.P. & Drewes, Hanneke W. & Spreeuwenberg, Marieke & Ruwaard, Dirk & Struijs, Jeroen N. & Baan, Caroline A.
- 486-494 Policy options to contain healthcare costs: a review and classification
by Stadhouders, Niek & Koolman, Xander & Tanke, Marit & Maarse, Hans & Jeurissen, Patrick
- 495-508 Reducing the health care burden for marginalised migrants: The potential role for primary care in Europe
by O’Donnell, Catherine Agnes & Burns, Nicola & Mair, Frances Susanne & Dowrick, Christopher & Clissmann, Ciaran & van den Muijsenbergh, Maria & van Weel-Baumgarten, Evelyn & Lionis, Christos & Papadakaki, Maria & Saridaki, Aristoula & de Brun, Tomas & MacFarlane, Anne
- 509-518 What can Europe learn from the managed care backlash in the United States?
by Duijmelinck, Daniëlle & van de Ven, Wynand
- 519-534 Pharmaceutical pricing and reimbursement in China: When the whole is less than the sum of its parts
by Hu, Jia & Mossialos, Elias
- 535-543 Classification of healthcare systems: Can we go further?
by Toth, Federico
- 544-551 How to ensure quality of health accounts
by van Mosseveld, Cornelis & Hernández-Peña, Patricia & Arán, Daniel & Cherilova, Veneta & Mataria, Awad
- 552-560 Obesity risk class and asthma outpatient service utilization by the middle aged and elderly in Taiwan
by Tian, Wei-Hua & Liu, Li-Fan & Wang, Jiu-Yao
- 561-566 Taxing unhealthy choices: The complex idea of liberal egalitarianism in health
by Albertsen, Andreas
- 567-575 The ambition of Health in All Policies in Norway: The role of political leadership and bureaucratic change
by Hofstad, Hege
2016, Volume 120, Issue 4
- 345-349 Stuck in the middle?
by Westra, Daan & Wilbers, Gloria & Angeli, Federica
- 350-355 The 2015 hospital treatment choice reform in Norway: Continuity or change?
by Ringard, Ånen & Saunes, Ingrid Sperre & Sagan, Anna
- 356-361 Implementation of the 2011 Reimbursement Act in Poland: Desired and undesired effects of the changes in reimbursement policy
by Kawalec, Paweł & Sagan, Anna & Stawowczyk, Ewa & Kowalska-Bobko, Iwona & Mokrzycka, Anna
- 362-368 The privatization of spa companies in Poland – An evaluation of policy assumptions and implementation
by Szromek, Adam R. & Romaniuk, Piotr & Hadzik, Andrzej
- 369-376 Cross-border healthcare directive: Assessing stakeholders’ perspectives in Poland and Portugal
by Helena, Ricardo
- 377-383 Public reporting on quality, waiting times and patient experience in 11 high-income countries
by Rechel, Bernd & McKee, Martin & Haas, Marion & Marchildon, Gregory P. & Bousquet, Frederic & Blümel, Miriam & Geissler, Alexander & van Ginneken, Ewout & Ashton, Toni & Saunes, Ingrid Sperre & Anell, Anders & Quentin, Wilm & Saltman, Richard & Culler, Steven & Barnes, Andrew & Palm, Willy & Nolte, Ellen
- 384-395 Healthcare coverage for undocumented migrants in Spain: Regional differences after Royal Decree Law 16/2012
by Cimas, Marta & Gullon, Pedro & Aguilera, Eva & Meyer, Stefan & Freire, José Manuel & Perez-Gomez, Beatriz
- 396-405 Was access to health care easy for immigrants in Spain? The perspectives of health personnel in Catalonia and Andalusia
by Vázquez, María-Luisa & Vargas, Ingrid & Jaramillo, Daniel López & Porthé, Victoria & López-Fernández, Luis Andrés & Vargas, Hernán & Bosch, Lola & Hernández, Silvia S. & Azarola, Ainhoa Ruiz
- 406-419 Can service integration work for universal health coverage? Evidence from around the globe
by Lê, Gillian & Morgan, Rosemary & Bestall, Janine & Featherstone, Imogen & Veale, Thomas & Ensor, Tim
- 420-430 Impact of financial agreements in European chronic care on health care expenditure growth
by Tsiachristas, Apostolos & Dikkers, Carolien & Boland, Melinde R.S. & Rutten-van Mölken, Maureen P.M.H.
- 431-439 Perceived quality of chronic illness care is associated with self-management: Results of a nationwide study in the Netherlands
by van Houtum, L. & Heijmans, M. & Rijken, M. & Groenewegen, P.
2016, Volume 120, Issue 3
- 227-234 Expanding choice of primary care in Finland: much debate but little change so far
by Tynkkynen, Liina-Kaisa & Chydenius, Miisa & Saloranta, Anna & Keskimäki, Ilmo
- 235-240 From universal health insurance to universal healthcare? The shifting health policy landscape in Ireland since the economic crisis
by Burke, Sara Ann & Normand, Charles & Barry, Sarah & Thomas, Steve
- 241-245 The policy and politics of the 2015 long-term care reform in the Netherlands
by Maarse, J.A.M. (Hans) & Jeurissen, P.P. (Patrick)
- 246-251 A new proposal for priority setting in Norway: Open and fair
by Ottersen, Trygve & Førde, Reidun & Kakad, Meetali & Kjellevold, Alice & Melberg, Hans Olav & Moen, Atle & Ringard, Ånen & Norheim, Ole Frithjof
- 252-263 The efficiency of health care production in OECD countries: A systematic review and meta-analysis of cross-country comparisons
by Varabyova, Yauheniya & Müller, Julia-Maria
- 264-272 Alcohol prices, taxes, and alcohol-related harms: A critical review of natural experiments in alcohol policy for nine countries
by Nelson, Jon P. & McNall, Amy D.
- 273-280 The performance measurement–management divide in public health
by Schwartz, Robert & Deber, Raisa
- 281-292 Explaining differences in stakeholder take up of disease management programmes: A comparative analysis of policy implementation in Austria and Germany
by Schang, Laura & Thomson, Sarah & Czypionka, Thomas
- 293-305 Influenza vaccination policy-making processes in France and The Netherlands: Framework and determinants
by Silva, Maria Laura & Perrier, Lionel & Paget, John W. & Mosnier, Anne & Buthion, Valérie & Cohen, Jean Marie & Späth, Hans Martin
- 306-315 Lessons from the Italian NHS retrenchment policy
by Longo, Francesco
- 316-326 New pricing approaches for bundled payments: Leveraging clinical standards and regional variations to target avoidable utilization
by Hellsten, Erik & Chu, Scally & Crump, R. Trafford & Yu, Kevin & Sutherland, Jason M.
- 327-333 Consumer preferences for over-the-counter drug retailers in the reregulated Swedish pharmacy market
by Håkonsen, Helle & Sundell, Karolina Andersson & Martinsson, Johan & Hedenrud, Tove
- 334-341 Social network analysis of duplicative prescriptions: One-month analysis of medical facilities in Japan
by Takahashi, Yoshimitsu & Ishizaki, Tatsuro & Nakayama, Takeo & Kawachi, Ichiro
2016, Volume 120, Issue 2
- 141-147 High cost pool or high cost groups—How to handle high(est) cost cases in a risk adjustment mechanism?
by Schillo, Sonja & Lux, Gerald & Wasem, Juergen & Buchner, Florian
- 148-158 Would German physicians opt for pay-for-performance programs? A willingness-to-accept experiment in a large general practitioners’ sample
by Krauth, Christian & Liersch, Sebastian & Jensen, Sören & Amelung, Volker Eric
- 159-169 Health care utilisation and costs in the general population in Germany
by Grupp, Helen & König, Hans-Helmut & Konnopka, Alexander
- 170-178 Forgone care among chronically ill patients in Germany—Results from a cross-sectional survey with 15,565 individuals
by Röttger, Julia & Blümel, Miriam & Köppen, Julia & Busse, Reinhard
- 179-189 Higher prices, higher quality? Evidence from German nursing homes
by Herr, Annika & Hottenrott, Hanna
- 190-197 Dispensing behaviour of pharmacies in prescription drug markets
by Guhl, Dennis & Stargardt, Tom & Schneider, Udo & Fischer, Katharina E.
- 198-204 The contribution of locational factors to regional variations in office-based physicians in Germany
by Vogt, Verena
- 205-212 Developing a composite index of spatial accessibility across different health care sectors: A German example
by Siegel, Martin & Koller, Daniela & Vogt, Verena & Sundmacher, Leonie
- 213-226 Status and perspectives of claims data analyses in Germany—A systematic review
by Kreis, Kristine & Neubauer, Sarah & Klora, Mike & Lange, Ansgar & Zeidler, Jan
2016, Volume 120, Issue 1
- 1-15 Implant rates of cardiac implantable electrical devices in Europe: A systematic literature review
by Valzania, Cinzia & Torbica, Aleksandra & Tarricone, Rosanna & Leyva, Francisco & Boriani, Giuseppe
- 16-25 Hospital merger control in Germany, the Netherlands and England: Experiences and challenges
by Schmid, Andreas & Varkevisser, Marco
- 26-34 The incidence of high medical expenses by health status in seven developed countries
by Baird, Katherine Elizabeth
- 35-45 Developing an evidence-based methodological framework to systematically compare HTA coverage decisions: A mixed methods study
by Nicod, Elena & Kanavos, Panos
- 46-54 Understanding the stakeholders’ intention to use economic decision-support tools: A cross-sectional study with the tobacco return on investment tool
by Cheung, Kei Long & Evers, Silvia M.A.A. & Hiligsmann, Mickaël & Vokó, Zoltán & Pokhrel, Subhash & Jones, Teresa & Muñoz, Celia & Wolfenstetter, Silke B. & Józwiak-Hagymásy, Judit & de Vries, Hein
- 55-63 The relationship between integrated care and cancer patient experience: A scoping review of the evidence
by Foglino, Silvia & Bravi, Francesca & Carretta, Elisa & Fantini, Maria Pia & Dobrow, Mark J. & Brown, Adalsteinn D.
- 64-71 Valuing technology: A qualitative interview study with physicians about insulin pump therapy for children with type 1 diabetes
by Shulman, Rayzel & Miller, Fiona A. & Daneman, Denis & Guttmann, Astrid
- 72-80 Dealing with minor illnesses: The link between primary care characteristics and Walk-in Centres’ attendances
by Ugolini, Cristina & Lippi Bruni, Matteo & Mammi, Irene & Donatini, Andrea & Fiorentini, Gianluca
- 81-88 Cohort effects on the need for health care and implications for health care planning in Canada
by Whittaker, William & Birch, Stephen & MacKenzie, Adrian & Murphy, Gail Tomblin
- 89-99 Have hospital readmissions increased in the face of reductions in length of stay? Evidence from England
by Martin, Stephen & Street, Andrew & Han, Lu & Hutton, John
- 100-110 Explaining inequalities in Health Care Utilization among Turkish adults: Findings from Health Survey 2008
by Sözmen, Kaan & Ünal, Belgin
- 111-119 Artificial Neural Networks and risk stratification models in Emergency Departments: The policy maker's perspective
by Casagranda, Ivo & Costantino, Giorgio & Falavigna, Greta & Furlan, Raffaello & Ippoliti, Roberto
- 120-128 How to integrate research evidence on patient preferences in pharmaceutical coverage decisions and clinical practice guidelines: A qualitative study among Dutch stakeholders
by Utens, Cecile M.A. & Dirksen, Carmen D. & van der Weijden, Trudy & Joore, Manuela A.
- 129-138 Unraveling care integration: Assessing its dimensions and antecedents in the Italian Health System
by Calciolari, Stefano & Ilinca, Stefania
2015, Volume 119, Issue 12
- 1517-1528 Recruitment and retention of health professionals across Europe: A literature review and multiple case study research
by Kroezen, Marieke & Dussault, Gilles & Craveiro, Isabel & Dieleman, Marjolein & Jansen, Christel & Buchan, James & Barriball, Louise & Rafferty, Anne Marie & Bremner, Jeni & Sermeus, Walter
- 1529-1536 Health professional mobility in the European Union: Exploring the equity and efficiency of free movement
by Glinos, Irene A.
- 1537-1544 Health workforce planning in Europe: Creating learning country clusters
by Batenburg, Ronald
- 1545-1549 Medical workforce education and training: A failed decentralisation attempt to reform organisation, financing, and planning in England
by Ovseiko, Pavel V. & Buchan, Alastair M.
- 1550-1556 The ‘rural pipeline’ and retention of rural health professionals in Europe's northern peripheries
by Carson, Dean B. & Schoo, Adrian & Berggren, Peter
- 1557-1564 Enumerating the preventive youth health care workforce: Size, composition and regional variation in the Netherlands
by Jambroes, Marielle & Lamkaddem, Majda & Stronks, Karien & Essink-Bot, Marie-Louise
- 1565-1575 Health workforce governance and oral health: Diversity and challenges in Europe
by Gallagher, Jennifer E. & Eaton, Kenneth A.
- 1576-1583 Primary care practice composition in 34 countries
by Groenewegen, Peter & Heinemann, Stephanie & Greß, Stefan & Schäfer, Willemijn
- 1584-1592 Work environment issues and intention-to-leave in Portuguese nurses: A cross-sectional study
by Leone, Claudia & Bruyneel, Luk & Anderson, Janet E. & Murrells, Trevor & Dussault, Gilles & Henriques de Jesus, Élvio & Sermeus, Walter & Aiken, Linda & Rafferty, Anne Marie
- 1593-1599 Health workforce planning and service expansion during an economic crisis: A case study of the national breast screening programme in Ireland
by McHugh, S.M. & Tyrrell, E. & Johnson, B. & Healy, O. & Perry, I.J. & Normand, C.
- 1600-1605 The impact of the financial crisis on human resources for health policies in three southern-Europe countries
by Correia, Tiago & Dussault, Gilles & Pontes, Carla
- 1606-1612 Health workforce governance in Italy
by Vicarelli, Giovanna & Pavolini, Emmanuele
- 1613-1620 Mapping the governance of human resources for health in Serbia
by Santric Milicevic, Milena & Vasic, Milena & Edwards, Matt
- 1621-1626 Health workforce policy and Turkey's health care reform
by Agartan, Tuba I.
- 1627-1635 The role of governance in implementing task-shifting from physicians to nurses in advanced roles in Europe, U.S., Canada, New Zealand and Australia
by Maier, Claudia B.
- 1636-1644 Why we need multi-level health workforce governance: Case studies from nursing and medicine in Germany
by Kuhlmann, Ellen & Larsen, Christa
- 1645-1654 Health workforce governance: Processes, tools and actors towards a competent workforce for integrated health services delivery
by Barbazza, Erica & Langins, Margrieta & Kluge, Hans & Tello, Juan
2015, Volume 119, Issue 11
- 1399-1405 The “Temporary Recommendations for Use”: A dual-purpose regulatory framework for off-label drug use in France
by Degrassat-Théas, Albane & Bocquet, François & Sinègre, Martine & Peigné, Jérôme & Paubel, Pascal
- 1406-1414 Patients’ perceptions of generic drugs in Greece
by Skaltsas, Leonora N. & Vasileiou, Konstantinos Z.
- 1415-1423 Which hospitalisations are ambulatory care-sensitive, to what degree, and how could the rates be reduced? Results of a group consensus study in Germany
by Sundmacher, Leonie & Fischbach, Diana & Schuettig, Wiebke & Naumann, Christoph & Augustin, Uta & Faisst, Cristina
- 1424-1432 Hospital managers’ need for information in decision-making – An interview study in nine European countries
by Kidholm, Kristian & Ølholm, Anne Mette & Birk-Olsen, Mette & Cicchetti, Americo & Fure, Brynjar & Halmesmäki, Esa & Kahveci, Rabia & Kiivet, Raul-Allan & Wasserfallen, Jean-Blaise & Wild, Claudia & Sampietro-Colom, Laura
- 1433-1441 Australian diagnosis related groups: Drivers of complexity adjustment
by Jackson, Terri & Dimitropoulos, Vera & Madden, Richard & Gillett, Steve
- 1442-1449 Determinants of the cost of capital for privately financed hospital projects in the UK
by Colla, Paolo & Hellowell, Mark & Vecchi, Veronica & Gatti, Stefano
- 1450-1458 The relationship between educational attainment and waiting time among the elderly in Norway
by Carlsen, Fredrik & Kaarboe, Oddvar Martin
- 1459-1471 Informal dementia care: Consequences for caregivers’ health and health care use in 8 European countries
by Bremer, Patrick & Cabrera, Esther & Leino-Kilpi, Helena & Lethin, Connie & Saks, Kai & Sutcliffe, Caroline & Soto, Maria & Zwakhalen, Sandra M.G. & Wübker, Ansgar
- 1472-1481 End-of-life preferences of the general public: Results from a Japanese national survey
by Kissane, Lee Andrew & Ikeda, Baku & Akizuki, Reiko & Nozaki, Shoko & Yoshimura, Kimio & Ikegami, Naoki
- 1482-1489 Preferences for end-of-life care among community-dwelling older adults and patients with advanced cancer: A discrete choice experiment
by Finkelstein, Eric A. & Bilger, Marcel & Flynn, Terry N. & Malhotra, Chetna
- 1490-1498 Ethical considerations in the regulation of euthanasia and physician-assisted death in Canada
by Landry, Joshua T. & Foreman, Thomas & Kekewich, Michael
- 1499-1505 Satisfaction and responsiveness with health-care services in Qatar—evidence from a survey
by Ali, Faleh Mohamed Hussain & Nikoloski, Zlatko & Reka, Husein
2015, Volume 119, Issue 10
- 1285-1292 The impact of the EU Directive on patients’ rights and cross border health care in Malta
by Azzopardi-Muscat, Natasha & Aluttis, Christoph & Sorensen, Kristine & Pace, Roderick & Brand, Helmut
- 1293-1297 Patient mobility in the context of austerity and an enlarged EU: The European Court of Justice's ruling in the Petru Case
by Frischhut, Markus & Levaggi, Rosella
- 1298-1308 Government, politics and health policy: A quantitative analysis of 30 European countries
by Mackenbach, Johan P. & McKee, Martin
- 1309-1318 The impact of international economic sanctions on Iranian cancer healthcare
by Shahabi, Shohreh & Fazlalizadeh, Hooman & Stedman, Jennifer & Chuang, Linus & Shariftabrizi, Ahmad & Ram, Regina
- 1319-1329 Considering long-term care insurance for middle-income countries: comparing South Korea with Japan and Germany
by Rhee, Jong Chul & Done, Nicolae & Anderson, Gerard F.
- 1330-1337 Delivery of institutional long-term care under two social insurances: Lessons from the Korean experience
by Kim, Hongsoo & Jung, Young-Il & Kwon, Soonman
- 1338-1348 The non-take up of long-term care benefit in France: A pecuniary motive?
by Arrighi, Yves & Davin, Bérengère & Trannoy, Alain & Ventelou, Bruno
- 1349-1357 Unwinding the State subsidisation of private health insurance in Ireland
by Turner, Brian
- 1358-1365 Effects of changes in copayment for obstetric emergency room visits on the utilization of obstetric emergency rooms
by Raz, Iris & Novack, Lena & Yitshak-Sade, Maayan & Shahar, Yemima & Wiznitzer, Arnon & Sergienko, Ruslan & Warshawsky-Livne, Lora
- 1366-1374 Out-of-pocket payments for health care in Serbia
by Arsenijevic, Jelena & Pavlova, Milena & Groot, Wim
- 1375-1381 The paradox of non-evidence based, publicly funded complementary alternative medicine in the English National Health Service: An explanation
by Sheppard, Maria K.
- 1382-1389 Does prenatal care benefit maternal health? A study of post-partum maternal care use
by Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Bradley & Chan, Yun-Shan & Chen, Chin-Shyan
- 1390-1398 The development of a national HIV Plan in Belgium: Achieving consensus despite institutional complexity
by Schweikardt, Christoph & Coppieters, Yves
2015, Volume 119, Issue 9
- 1133-1144 An analysis of perceived access to health care in Europe: How universal is universal coverage?
by Cylus, Jonathan & Papanicolas, Irene
- 1145-1152 Universal health insurance coverage for 1.3 billion people: What accounts for China's success?
by Yu, Hao
- 1164-1175 Does health insurance mitigate inequities in non-communicable disease treatment? Evidence from 48 low- and middle-income countries
by El-Sayed, Abdulrahman M. & Palma, Anton & Freedman, Lynn P. & Kruk, Margaret E.
- 1176-1187 Costs and effects of new professional roles: Evidence from a literature review
by Tsiachristas, A. & Wallenburg, I. & Bond, C.M. & Elliot, R.F. & Busse, R. & van Exel, J. & Rutten-van Mölken, M.P. & de Bont, A.
- 1188-1196 Remuneration of medical specialists. Drivers of the differences between six European countries
by Kok, Lucy & Boyle, Seán & Lammers, Marloes & Tempelman, Caren
- 1197-1209 Lean in healthcare: A comprehensive review
by D’Andreamatteo, Antonio & Ianni, Luca & Lega, Federico & Sargiacomo, Massimo
- 1210-1217 Factors that influence the way local communities respond to consultation processes about major service change: A qualitative study
by Barratt, Helen & Harrison, David A. & Raine, Rosalind & Fulop, Naomi J.
- 1218-1225 Learning from contract change in primary care dentistry: A qualitative study of stakeholders in the north of England
by Holmes, Richard D. & Steele, Jimmy G. & Donaldson, Cam & Exley, Catherine
- 1226-1236 Bottom-up priority setting revised. A second evaluation of an institutional intervention in a Swedish health care organisation
by Waldau, Susanne
- 1237-1244 Local health care expenditure plans and their opportunity costs
by Karlsberg Schaffer, Sarah & Sussex, Jon & Devlin, Nancy & Walker, Andrew
- 1245-1254 Effects of pharmaceutical cost containment policies on doctors’ prescribing behavior: Focus on antibiotics
by Han, Euna & Chae, Su-Mi & Kim, Nam-Soon & Park, Sylvia
- 1255-1264 The impact of changes in national prescribing conditions for statins on their public expenditure and utilization in the Czech Republic 1997–2013
by Fuksa, Leos & Vocelka, Milan & Vytrisalova, Magda
- 1265-1274 General Practitioners’ intention to prescribe and prescribing patterns in selected European settings: The OTCSOCIOMED project
by Tsiantou, Vasiliki & Moschandreas, Joanna & Bertsias, Antonis & Papadakaki, Maria & Saridaki, Aristoula & Agius, Dominic & Alper, Zuleyha & Faresjo, Tomas & Klimkova, Martina & Martinez, Luc & Samoutis, George & Vlček, Jiří & Lionis, Christos
- 1275-1283 National transparency assessment of Kuwait's pharmaceutical sector
by Badawi, Dalia A. & Alkhamis, Yousif & Qaddoumi, Mohammad & Behbehani, Kazem
2015, Volume 119, Issue 8
- 999-1004 Measuring health system performance: A new approach to accountability and quality improvement in New Zealand
by Ashton, Toni
- 1005-1010 Centralising acute stroke care and moving care to the community in a Danish health region: Challenges in implementing a stroke care reform
by Douw, Karla & Nielsen, Camilla Palmhøj & Pedersen, Camilla Riis
- 1011-1016 Strategic purchasing reform in Estonia: Reducing inequalities in access while improving care concentration and quality
by Habicht, Triin & Habicht, Jarno & van Ginneken, Ewout
- 1017-1022 Developing cross-sectoral quality assurance for cataract surgery in the statutory quality assurance program of the German health care system: Experiences and lessons learned
by Bramesfeld, Anke & Pauletzki, Jürgen & Behrenz, Lars & Szecsenyi, Joachim & Willms, Gerald & Broge, Björn
- 1023-1030 Evaluation of a policy to strengthen case management and quality of diabetes care in general practice in Denmark
by Rudkjøbing, Andreas & Vrangbaek, Karsten & Birk, Hans Okkels & Andersen, John Sahl & Krasnik, Allan
- 1031-1038 Association of Physician Certification Policy and Quality of Care: Evidence of percutaneous coronary intervention certification program in Taiwan
by Kao, Shu-Hui & Lu, Dau-Kuan & Lin, Yi-Ling & Hsieh, Hui-Min & Lin, Tsung-Hsien & Chiu, Herng-Chia
- 1039-1045 Effective strategy for improving health care outcomes: Multidisciplinary care in cerebral infarction patients
by Han, Kyu-Tae & Park, Eun-Cheol & Kim, Sun Jung & Kim, Woorim & Hahm, Myung-Il & Jang, Sung-In & Lee, Sang Gyu
- 1046-1054 How to make medication error reporting systems work – Factors associated with their successful development and implementation
by Holmström, Anna-Riia & Laaksonen, Raisa & Airaksinen, Marja
- 1055-1067 Why do high-volume hospitals achieve better outcomes? A systematic review about intermediate factors in volume–outcome relationships
by Mesman, Roos & Westert, Gert P. & Berden, Bart J.M.M. & Faber, Marjan J.
- 1068-1075 Patient perspectives on centralisation of low volume, highly specialised procedures in Sweden
by Svederud, Ida & Virhage, Martin & Medin, Emma & Grundström, Jonas & Friberg, Sarah & Ramsberg, Joakim
- 1076-1085 Incentivising effort in governance of public hospitals: Development of a delegation-based alternative to activity-based remuneration
by Søgaard, Rikke & Kristensen, Søren Rud & Bech, Mickael
- 1086-1095 Corporate governance in Czech hospitals after the transformation
by Pirozek, Petr & Komarkova, Lenka & Leseticky, Ondrej & Hajdikova, Tatana
- 1096-1110 Leaders’ experiences and perceptions implementing activity-based funding and pay-for-performance hospital funding models: A systematic review
by Baxter, Pamela E. & Hewko, Sarah J. & Pfaff, Kathryn A. & Cleghorn, Laura & Cunningham, Barbara J. & Elston, Dawn & Cummings, Greta G.
- 1111-1118 Pricing hospital care: Global budgets and marginal pricing strategies
by Sutherland, Jason M.
- 1119-1125 Effects of DRG-based hospital payment in Poland on treatment of patients with stroke
by Bystrov, Victor & Staszewska-Bystrova, Anna & Rutkowski, Daniel & Hermanowski, Tomasz
- 1126-1132 Costs of disposable material in the operating room do not show high correlation with surgical time: Implications for hospital payment
by Delo, Caroline & Leclercq, Pol & Martins, Dimitri & Pirson, Magali
2015, Volume 119, Issue 7
- 851-855 Swiss popular initiative for a single health insurer… once again!
by De Pietro, Carlo & Crivelli, Luca
- 856-859 Integrated health and social care in England – Progress and prospects
by Humphries, Richard
- 860-873 Managed care in four managed competition OECD health systems
by Shmueli, Amir & Stam, Piet & Wasem, Jürgen & Trottmann, Maria
- 874-881 Government interventions to aid choice: Help to self-help or paternalism?
by Gyrd-Hansen, Dorte & Kjær, Trine
- 882-888 Public healthcare interests require strict competition enforcement
by Loozen, Edith M.H.
- 889-898 Income related inequalities in avoidable mortality in Norway: A population-based study using data from 1994–2011
by Kinge, Jonas Minet & Vallejo-Torres, Laura & Morris, Stephen
- 899-906 Unmet healthcare needs depending on employment status
by Lee, Sang-Yi & Kim, Chul-Woung & Kang, Jeong-Hee & Seo, Nam-Kyu
- 907-914 Affordability of out-of-pocket health care expenses among older Australians
by Carpenter, Anthony & Islam, M. Mofizul & Yen, Laurann & McRae, Ian
- 915-924 The relevance of work-related learning for vulnerable groups. Dutch case study of a Health Impact Assessment with equity focus
by Storm, Ilse & Uiters, Ellen & Busch, Mirjam C.M. & den Broeder, Lea & Schuit, Albertine J.
- 925-931 Does the new EU Regulation on clinical trials adequately protect vulnerable research participants?
by Gennet, Éloïse & Andorno, Roberto & Elger, Bernice
- 932-940 The European Union Food Distribution programme for the Most Deprived Persons of the community, 1987–2013: From agricultural policy to social inclusion policy?
by Caraher, Martin
- 941-953 Health, economic crisis, and austerity: A comparison of Greece, Finland and Iceland
by Tapia Granados, José A. & Rodriguez, Javier M.
- 954-963 The fiscal crisis in the health sector: Patterns of cutback management across Europe
by Ongaro, Edoardo & Ferré, Francesca & Fattore, Giovanni
- 964-979 Socio-economic burden of rare diseases: A systematic review of cost of illness evidence
by Angelis, Aris & Tordrup, David & Kanavos, Panos
- 980-989 Decision solution, data manipulation and trust: The (un-)willingness to donate organs in Germany in critical times
by Schwettmann, Lars
- 990-997 Equality, accessibility, and availability of physical therapy services in Israel—Perception of national directors
by Jacob, Tamar & Parag, Ayala
2015, Volume 119, Issue 6
- 697-708 A literature review to identify factors that determine policies for influenza vaccination
by Silva, Maria Laura & Perrier, Lionel & Cohen, Jean Marie & Paget, William John & Mosnier, Anne & Späth, Hans Martin
- 709-719 A cross-national comparative study on the influence of individual life course factors on mammography screening
by Missinne, Sarah & Bracke, Piet
- 720-731 Regulatory approaches to obesity prevention: A systematic overview of current laws addressing diet-related risk factors in the European Union and the United States
by Sisnowski, Jana & Handsley, Elizabeth & Street, Jackie M.
- 732-736 Towards a framework for evaluating and grading evidence in public health
by Harder, Thomas & Abu Sin, Muna & Bosch-Capblanch, Xavier & Bruno Coignard, & de Carvalho Gomes, Helena & Duclos, Phillippe & Eckmanns, Tim & Elder, Randy & Ellis, Simon & Forland, Frode & Garner, Paul & James, Roberta & Jansen, Andreas & Krause, Gérard & Lévy-Bruhl, Daniel & Morgan, Antony & Meerpohl, Joerg J. & Norris, Susan & Rehfuess, Eva & Sánchez-Vivar, Alex & Schünemann, Holger & Takla, Anja & Wichmann, Ole & Zingg, Walter & Zuiderent-Jerak, Teun
- 737-742 The rise and fall of the world's first fat tax
by Bødker, Malene & Pisinger, Charlotta & Toft, Ulla & Jørgensen, Torben
- 743-748 English obesity policies: To govern and not to govern
by Vallgårda, Signild
- 749-759 Unravelling the concept of integrated public health policy: Concept mapping with Dutch experts from science, policy, and practice
by Tubbing, Luuk & Harting, Janneke & Stronks, Karien
- 760-769 Policy and planning of prevention in Italy: Results from an appraisal of prevention plans developed by Regions for the period 2010–2012
by Rosso, Annalisa & Marzuillo, Carolina & Massimi, Azzurra & De Vito, Corrado & de Belvis, Anton Giulio & La Torre, Giuseppe & Federici, Antonio & Ricciardi, Walter & Villari, Paolo
- 770-777 The influence of performance-based payment on childhood immunisation coverage
by Merilind, Eero & Salupere, Rauno & Västra, Katrin & Kalda, Ruth
- 778-786 The excess health care costs of KardioPro, an integrated care program for coronary heart disease prevention
by Becker, Christian & Holle, Rolf & Stollenwerk, Björn
- 787-793 The effectiveness of preventive care at reducing curative care risk for the Taiwanese elderly under National Health Insurance
by Chen, Chin-Shyan & Peng, Yu-I & Lee, Ping-Chang & Liu, Tsai-Ching
- 794-801 Screening for cervical cancer: What are the determinants among adults with disabilities living in institutions? Findings from a National Survey in France
by Bussière, Clémence & Le Vaillant, Marc & Pelletier-Fleury, Nathalie
- 802-813 A literature review of clinical outcomes associated with antipsychotic medication use in North American nursing home residents
by Chiu, Yunwen & Bero, Lisa & Hessol, Nancy A. & Lexchin, Joel & Harrington, Charlene
- 814-820 What is the impact of policy differences on nursing home utilization? The cases of Germany and the Netherlands
by Alders, Peter & Costa-Font, Joan & de Klerk, Mirjam & Frank, Richard
- 821-830 The use of mystery guests by the Dutch Health Inspectorate: Results of a pilot study in long-term intramural elderly care
by Adams, Samantha A. & Paul, Katharina T. & Ketelaars, Corry & Robben, Paul
- 831-839 Factors associated with not receiving homecare, end-of-life homecare, or early homecare referral among cancer decedents: A population-based cohort study
by Bainbridge, Daryl & Seow, Hsien & Sussman, Jonathan & Pond, Gregory & Barbera, Lisa
- 840-849 A gap in formal long-term care use related to characteristics of caregivers and households, under the public universal system in Japan: 2001–2010
by Tokunaga, Mutsumi & Hashimoto, Hideki & Tamiya, Nanako
2015, Volume 119, Issue 5
- 563-568 Cyprus in crisis: Recent changes in the pharmaceutical market and options for further reforms without sacrificing access to or quality of treatment
by Petrou, Panagiotis & Vandoros, Sotiris
- 569-576 European collaboration on relative effectiveness assessments: What is needed to be successful?
by Kleijnen, Sarah & Toenders, Wil & de Groot, Folkert & Huic, Mirjana & George, Elisabeth & Wieseler, Beate & Pavlovic, Mira & Bucsics, Anna & Siviero, Paolo D. & van der Graaff, Martin & Rdzany, Rafał & Kristensen, Finn Børlum & Goettsch, Wim
- 577-587 Same drugs, valued differently? Comparing comparators and methods used in reimbursement recommendations in Australia, Canada, and Korea
by Bae, Green & Bae, Eun Young & Bae, SeungJin
- 588-596 Why orphan drug coverage reimbursement decision-making needs patient and public involvement
by Douglas, Conor M.W. & Wilcox, Elizabeth & Burgess, Michael & Lynd, Larry D.
- 597-603 The unintended effects of the Medicare Part D low income subsidy
by Decarolis, Francesco
- 604-611 The effect of new drug pricing systems and new reimbursement guidelines on pharmaceutical expenditures and prescribing behavior among hypertensive patients in Korea
by Cho, Mee-Hyun & Yoo, Ki-Bong & Lee, Hoo-Yeon & Lee, Kwang-Sig & Kwon, Jeoung A & Han, Kyu-Tae & Kim, Jae-Hyun & Park, Eun-Cheol
- 612-619 Price difference as a predictor of the selection between brand name and generic statins in Japan
by Takizawa, Osamu & Urushihara, Hisashi & Tanaka, Shiro & Kawakami, Koji
- 620-627 The effects of reduced copayments on discontinuation and adherence failure to statin medication in Australia
by Knott, Rachel J. & Petrie, Dennis J. & Heeley, Emma L. & Chalmers, John P. & Clarke, Philip M.
- 628-639 From “retailers” to health care providers: Transforming the role of community pharmacists in chronic disease management
by Mossialos, Elias & Courtin, Emilie & Naci, Huseyin & Benrimoj, Shalom & Bouvy, Marcel & Farris, Karen & Noyce, Peter & Sketris, Ingrid
- 640-647 Competition among pharmacies and the typology of services delivered: The Portuguese case
by Martins, Lurdes & Queirós, Sónia
- 648-653 Reregulation of the Swedish pharmacy sector—A qualitative content analysis of the political rationale
by Wisell, Kristin & Winblad, Ulrika & Sporrong, Sofia Kälvemark
- 654-663 Price elasticities in the German Statutory Health Insurance market before and after the health care reform of 2009
by Pendzialek, Jonas B. & Danner, Marion & Simic, Dusan & Stock, Stephanie
- 664-671 Switching benefits and costs in competitive health insurance markets: A conceptual framework and empirical evidence from the Netherlands
by Duijmelinck, Daniëlle M.I.D. & Mosca, Ilaria & van de Ven, Wynand P.M.M.
- 672-679 Estimating community health needs against a Triple Aim background: What can we learn from current predictive risk models?
by Elissen, Arianne M.J. & Struijs, Jeroen N. & Baan, Caroline A. & Ruwaard, Dirk
- 680-687 Association between all-cause mortality and insurance status transition among the elderly population in a rural area in Korea: Kangwha Cohort Study
by Jang, Sung-In & Yi, Sang-Wook & Sull, Jae-Woong & Park, Eun-Cheol & Kim, Jae-Hyun & Ohrr, Heechoul
- 688-695 How profitable is a voluntary deductible in health insurance for the consumer?
by van Winssen, K.P.M. & van Kleef, R.C. & van de Ven, W.P.M.M.
2015, Volume 119, Issue 4
- 405-416 Impact of a quality improvement program on primary healthcare in Canada: A mixed-method evaluation
by Harris, Stewart B. & Green, Michael E. & Brown, Judith Belle & Roberts, Sharon & Russell, Grant & Fournie, Meghan & Webster-Bogaert, Susan & Paquette-Warren, Jann & Kotecha, Jyoti & Han, Han & Thind, Amardeep & Stewart, Moira & Reichert, Sonja & Tompkins, Jordan W. & Birtwhistle, Richard
- 417-426 Impact of a pay for performance programme on French GPs’ consultation length
by Saint-Lary, Olivier & Sicsic, Jonathan
- 427-436 Determinants of the choice of GP practice registration in England: Evidence from a discrete choice experiment
by Lagarde, Mylene & Erens, Bob & Mays, Nicholas
- 437-446 Out-of-hours primary care services: Demands and patient referral patterns in a Veneto region (Italy) Local Health Authority
by Buja, Alessandra & Toffanin, Roberto & Rigon, Stefano & Sandonà, Paolo & Carraro, Daniela & Damiani, Gianfranco & Baldo, Vincenzo
- 447-455 Who provides GP after-hours care?
by Pham, Mai & McRae, Ian
- 456-463 Prescribing behavior of General Practitioners: Competition matters
by Schaumans, Catherine
- 464-474 Is it worth reorganising cancer services on the basis of multidisciplinary teams (MDTs)? A systematic review of the objectives and organisation of MDTs and their impact on patient outcomes
by Prades, Joan & Remue, Eline & van Hoof, Elke & Borras, Josep M.
- 475-487 How can a country learn from the experience of another? Expanding nurses’ scope of practice in Portugal: Lessons from England
by Temido, Marta & Dussault, Gilles
- 488-493 Do new workforce roles reduce waiting times in ED? A difference-in-difference evaluation using hospital administrative data
by Scott, Anthony & Yong, Jongsay
- 494-502 Exploring the experiences of EU qualified doctors working in the United Kingdom: A qualitative study
by Legido-Quigley, Helena & Saliba, Vanessa & McKee, Martin
- 503-510 The reporting characteristics and methodological quality of Cochrane reviews about health policy research
by Xiu-xia, Li & Ya, Zheng & Yao-long, Chen & Ke-hu, Yang & Zong-jiu, Zhang
- 511-521 Inclusion of quasi-experimental studies in systematic reviews of health systems research
by Rockers, Peter C. & Røttingen, John-Arne & Shemilt, Ian & Tugwell, Peter & Bärnighausen, Till
- 522-529 How to evaluate population management? Transforming the Care Continuum Alliance population health guide toward a broadly applicable analytical framework
by Struijs, Jeroen N. & Drewes, Hanneke W. & Heijink, Richard & Baan, Caroline A.
- 530-538 Essential levels of health information in Europe: An action plan for a coherent and sustainable infrastructure
by Carinci, Fabrizio
- 539-548 MERIS (Medical Error Reporting Information System) as an innovative patient safety intervention: A health policy perspective
by Riga, Marina & Vozikis, Athanassios & Pollalis, Yannis & Souliotis, Kyriakos
- 549-557 Picking up the pieces—Applying the DISEASE FILTER to health data
by Gross, Christiane & Schübel, Thomas & Hoffmann, Rasmus
2015, Volume 119, Issue 3
- 245-251 The basic benefit package: Composition and exceptions to the rules. A case study
by Kroneman, Madelon & de Jong, Judith D.
- 252-257 Policy trends and reforms in the German DRG-based hospital payment system
by Klein-Hitpaß, Uwe & Scheller-Kreinsen, David
- 258-263 The first attempt to create a national strategy for reducing waiting times in Poland: Will it succeed?
by Kowalska, Iwona & Sagan, Anna & Mokrzycka, Anna & Zabdyr-Jamróz, Michał
- 264-273 A roadmap for comparing readmission policies with application to Denmark, England, Germany and the United States
by Kristensen, Søren Rud & Bech, Mickael & Quentin, Wilm