2011, Volume 35, Issue 3
- 335-354 Brain drain and institutions of governance: Educational attainment of immigrants to the US 1988-1998
by Bang, James T. & Mitra, Aniruddha
- 355-362 S-curve dynamics of trade between Sweden and her trading partners
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Ratha, Artatrana
- 363-377 Import elasticities and the external constraint in Mexico
by Ibarra, Carlos A.
- 378-389 Off-farm labor supply and labor markets in rapidly changing circumstances: Bulgaria during transition
by Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Dimova, Ralitza & Nugent, Jeffrey B.
- 390-407 P-star in times of crisis - Forecasting inflation for the euro area
by Czudaj, Robert
- 408-418 The number of banking relationships and the business cycle: New evidence from Colombia
by Gómez-González, José Eduardo & Reyes, Nidia Ruth
- 419-436 Exchange rate regime choice and currency crises
by AsIcI, Ahmet AtIl
- 437-441 B.E. Gup, Editor, Corporate Governance in Banking, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham/Northampton (2007) 320 pp., Â£ 69.95, ISBN: 978-1-84542-940-9
by Horsch, Andreas
- 441-443 Josh Lerner, Boulevard of Broken Dreams. Why Public Efforts to Boost Entrepreneurship and Venture Capital Have Failed - and What to Do About It , Princeton University Press, Princeton, N.J. (2009) ISBN 978-06-911-4219-7 248pp., $ 27.95, [euro]20.95
by Fritsch, Michael
2011, Volume 35, Issue 2
- 139-157 Surveying transitional experience and subjective well-being: Income, work, family
by Selezneva, Ekaterina
- 158-175 Legal institutions and high-growth aspiration entrepreneurship
by Troilo, Michael
- 176-188 Further evidence on finance-growth causality: A panel data analysis
by Bangake, Chrysost & Eggoh, Jude C.
- 189-207 Relative deprivation, relative satisfaction, and attitudes towards immigrants: Evidence from Ukraine
by Aleksynska, Mariya
- 208-229 Catching-up and inflation in Europe: Balassa-Samuelson, Engel's Law and other culprits
by Égert, Balázs
- 230-243 How corruption affects bank lending in Russia
by Weill, Laurent
- 244-260 Does aging influence structural change? Evidence from panel data
by Siliverstovs, Boriss & Kholodilin, Konstantin A. & Thiessen, Ulrich
- 261-277 The effect of nominal exchange rate volatility on real macroeconomic performance in the CEE countries
by Arratibel, Olga & Furceri, Davide & Martin, Reiner & Zdzienicka, Aleksandra
- 278-299 Breeding one's own sub-prime crisis: The labour market effects on financial system stability
by Daras, Tomasz & Tyrowicz, Joanna
2011, Volume 35, Issue 1
- 1-3 Studying international trade based on micro and disaggregated macro data
by Frensch, Richard
- 4-24 Firms and products in international trade: Evidence from Hungary
by Békés, Gábor & Muraközy, Balázs & Harasztosi, Péter
- 25-44 Export differentiation in transition economies
by Besedes, Tibor
- 45-63 Export specialization and economic growth around the world
by Lee, Jim
- 64-83 Export discoveries, diversification and barriers to entry
by Klinger, Bailey & Lederman, Daniel
- 84-97 The impact of Preferential Trade Agreements on the margins of international trade
by Foster, Neil & Poeschl, Johannes & Stehrer, Robert
- 98-108 Can we identify Balassa-Samuelson effects with measures of product variety?
by Frensch, Richard & Schmillen, Achim
- 109-124 Exports and cross-national corruption: A disaggregated examination
by Goel, Rajeev K. & Korhonen, Iikka
- 125-138 Measuring quality in international trade
by Liao, Chi-Hung
2010, Volume 34, Issue 4
- 333-356 Capital inflows: Macroeconomic implications and policy responses
by Cardarelli, Roberto & Elekdag, Selim & Kose, M. Ayhan
- 357-385 Perceptions of economic insecurity: Evidence from Russia
by Linz, Susan J. & Semykina, Anastasia
- 386-396 An empirical analysis of international labour migration in the Philippines
by Agbola, Frank W. & Acupan, Angelito B.
- 397-412 Can educational expansion improve income inequality? Evidences from the CHNS 1997 and 2006 data
by Ning, Guangjie
- 413-436 Potential impacts of the devaluation of Nepalese currency: A general equilibrium approach
by Acharya, Sanjaya
- 437-449 The competing risks of acquiring and being acquired: Evidence from Colombia's financial sector
by García-Suaza, Andrés Felipe & Gómez-González, José E.
- 450-468 From inflation to exchange rate targeting: Estimating the stabilization effects for a small open economy
by Melecky, Ales & Melecky, Martin
- 469-479 Economic freedom as driver of growth in transition
by Pääkkönen, Jenni
- 480-492 Individual investors surpass their reputation: Trading behaviour on the Polish futures market
by Bohl, Martin T. & Goodfellow, Christiane & Bialkowski, Jedrzej
2010, Volume 34, Issue 3
- 211-211 Symposium: China and India in the world market
by Hölscher, Jens & Signorelli, Marcello
- 212-217 China and India in the global economy
by Hölscher, Jens & Marelli, Enrico & Signorelli, Marcello
- 218-236 Demographic transition and economic growth in China, India and Pakistan
by Choudhry, Misbah T. & Elhorst, J. Paul
- 237-258 Intra-provincial inequalities and economic growth in China
by Gravier-Rymaszewska, Joanna & Tyrowicz, Joanna & Kochanowicz, Jacek
- 259-269 Renminbi's misalignment: A meta-analysis
by Bineau, Yannick
- 270-288 MNEs, technological efforts and channels of export spillover: An analysis of Indian manufacturing industries
by Franco, Chiara & Sasidharan, Subash
- 289-308 A survey on institutions and new firm entry: How and why do entry rates differ in emerging markets?
by Estrin, Saul & Prevezer, Martha
- 309-330 Inter- and intra-industry linkages as a determinant of FDI in Central and Eastern Europe
by Lefilleur, Julien & Maurel, Mathilde
2010, Volume 34, Issue 2
- 105-132 China's energy economy: A survey of the literature
by Ma, Hengyun & Oxley, Les & Gibson, John
- 133-147 Default rates in the loan market for SMEs: Evidence from Slovakia
by Fidrmuc, Jarko & Hainz, Christa
- 148-159 Monetary policy rules for convergence to the Euro
by Orlowski, Lucjan T.
- 160-177 Economic growth and multi-tasking by state-owned enterprises: An analytic framework and empirical study based on Chinese provincial data
by Huang, Xianfeng & Li, Ping & Lotspeich, Richard
- 178-197 Capital procurement of a consumer cooperative: Role of the membership market
by Mikami, Kazuhiko
- 198-210 How did structural reform influence inflation in transition economies?
by Barlow, David
2010, Volume 34, Issue 1
- 1-2 Future of capitalism: Is it failing?
by Kutan, Ali M.
- 3-21 The 2007-2009 financial crisis, global imbalances and capital flows: Implications for reform
by Kenc, Turalay & Dibooglu, Sel
- 22-37 The financial sector and the future of capitalism
by Pomfret, Richard
- 38-54 The global financial crisis: Lessons for European integration
by Dabrowski, Marek
- 55-72 Capital flows and the boom-bust cycle: The case of Estonia
by Brixiova, Zuzana & Vartia, Laura & Wörgötter, Andreas
- 73-90 Supporting the free and competitive market in China and India: Differences and evolution over time
by Migheli, Matteo
- 91-104 Capitalism and freedom?
by Pryor, Frederic L.
2009, Volume 33, Issue 4
- 293-309 Beyond ideological cleavages: A unifying framework for industrial policies and other public interventions
by Benhassine, Najy & Raballand, Gaël
- 310-324 Inflation, financial development, and growth: A trilateral analysis
by Rousseau, Peter L. & Yilmazkuday, Hakan
- 325-343 Evaluating monetary policy of the euro area with cross-country heterogeneity: Evidence from a New Keynesian model
by Lee, Jim
- 344-359 Capital investment and determinants of financial constraints in Estonia
by Hobdari, Bersant & Jones, Derek C. & Mygind, Niels
- 360-375 The role of banks in the monetary policy transmission in the new EU member states
by Jimborean, Ramona
- 376-388 How reliable are forecasts of GDP growth and inflation for countries with limited coverage?
by Krkoska, Libor & Teksoz, Utku
- 389-396 Environmental taxes in a differentiated mixed duopoly
by Wang, Leonard F.S. & Wang, Jean
- 397-398 E. James, A. Cox Edwards and R. Wong, The gender impact of social security reform , University of Chicago Press, Chicago and London (2008) 216 pp., ISBN-13: 978-0-226-39200-4 (cloth), ISBN-10: 0-226-39200-7 (cloth)
by Murillo, Karen
- 399-402 T. Mickiewicz, Editor, Corporate Governance and Finance in Poland and Russia, Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstoke (2007) ISBN 978-0230007956 352 pp., Â£72
by Stephan, Johannes
2009, Volume 33, Issue 3
- 191-212 A survey of poverty research in Russia: Does it follow the scientific method?
by Lokshin, Michael
- 213-230 China's total factor productivity estimates by region, investment sources and ownership
by Li, Kui-Wai
- 231-244 The stability of money demand in China: Evidence from the ARDL model
by Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Mohd, Siti Hamizah & Mansur M. Masih, A.
- 245-258 The currency denomination of external European Union imports after European Union expansion
by Witte, Mark David
- 259-277 Large shareholders and firm value: Are high-tech firms different?
by Grosfeld, Irena
- 278-292 Income inequality and the business cycle: A threshold cointegration approach
by Hoover, Gary A. & Giedeman, Daniel C. & Dibooglu, Sel
2009, Volume 33, Issue 2
- 93-116 Governance and stock market performance
by Hooper, Vince & Sim, Ah Boon & Uppal, Asfandyar
- 117-126 The random walk hypothesis for Chinese stock markets: Evidence from variance ratio tests
by Charles, Amélie & Darné, Olivier
- 127-137 European integration, productivity growth and real convergence: Evidence from the new member states
by Kutan, Ali M. & Yigit, Taner M.
- 138-154 Mind the break! Accounting for changing patterns of growth during transition
by Fidrmuc, Jan & Tichit, Ariane
- 155-167 Capital inflows, exchange market pressure, and credit growth in four transition economies with fixed exchange rates
by Hegerty, Scott W.
- 168-184 Nature and determinants of productivity growth of foreign subsidiaries in Central and East European countries
by Majcen, Boris & Radosevic, Slavo & Rojec, Matija
- 185-187 E. Kocenda and A. Cerný, Elements of Time Series Econometrics: An Applied Approach , Karolinum Press, Charles University, Prague (2007) ISBN 978-80-246-1370-3 (228 pp., $15.00, [euro]11.99)
by Kmenta, Jan
- 187-189 The New Political Economy of Emerging Europe, L. Csaba. Akadémiai Kiadó, Budapest (22007). 395 pp., [euro]40, ISBN 9789630584593.H. Gabrisch and J. Hölscher, The Successes and Failures of Economic Transformation: The European Experience , Palgrave Macmillan, London/Basingstoke (2006) ISBN 1-4039-3493-2 xivÂ +Â 187 pp., Â£55.T. Mickiewicz, Economic Transition in Central Europa and the Commonwealth of Independent States , Palgrave Macmillan, London/Basingstoke (2005) ISBN 1-4039-4162-9 xviiiÂ +Â 214 pp., Â£55
by Bönker, Frank
2009, Volume 33, Issue 1
- 1-21 FDI and credit constraints: Firm-level evidence from China
by Héricourt, Jérôme & Poncet, Sandra
- 22-44 The information content of Australian credit ratings: A comparison between subscription and non-subscription-based credit rating agencies
by Chan, Pak To & Edwards, Vic & Walter, Terry
- 45-59 Skill shortages and labor market outcomes in Central Europe
by Brixiova, Zuzana & Li, Wenli & Yousef, Tarik
- 60-82 Migrant wages, remittances and recipient labour supply in a moral hazard model
by Naiditch, Claire & Vranceanu, Radu
- 83-92 The J-Curve at industry level: Evidence from Sweden-US trade
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Hajilee, Massomeh
2008, Volume 32, Issue 4
- 307-325 Tax competition among Eastern and Western European countries: With whom do countries compete?
by Cassette, Aurélie & Paty, Sonia
- 326-334 Welfare impacts of a non-profit firm in mixed commercial markets
by Goering, Gregory E.
- 335-353 Alternative monetary policies and fiscal regime in new EU members
by Mikek, Peter
- 354-371 The political economy of exchange rate regime determination: Theory and evidence
by Kimakova, Alena
- 372-388 Does divestment matter for firm performance?: Evidence from the Indian experience
by Ghosh, Saibal
- 389-409 The size of the firm in a transitional economy: Downsizing and economies of scale: The case of Russian footwear
by Rinaldi, Gustavo
- 410-425 Changes in urban inequality in Vietnam: 1992-1998
by Liu, Amy Y.C.
2008, Volume 32, Issue 3
- 217-238 Equity block transfers in transition economies: Evidence from Poland
by Trojanowski, Grzegorz
- 239-252 From market liberalization to market development: The need for market institutions in Ethiopia
by Getnet, Kindie
- 253-273 Measuring and modeling the effects of G-3 exchange rate fluctuations on small open economies: A natural experiment
by Slavov, Slavi T.
- 274-284 Demand for money in the Euro area
by Hamori, Shigeyuki & Hamori, Naoko
- 285-299 The determinants of individual happiness in Kazakhstan
by Kalyuzhnova, Yelena & Kambhampati, Uma
- 300-302 M. Tatahi, Privatisation Performance in Major European Countries Since 1980 , Palgrave Macmillan, Basingstoke (2006) ISBN 978-0230004849 xiv + 189 pp., Price: £60
by Stephan, Johannes
- 302-303 S. Djalalov and S.C. Babu, Editors, Policy Reforms and Agriculture Development in Central Asia, Springer, Berlin (2006) 494 pp., ISBN: 978-0-387-29777-4. [euro]106.95
by Bezemer, Dirk
- 303-306 J. Kornai, By Force of Thought , Irregular Memoirs of an Intellectual Journey, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA, London (2006) ISBN 0262113023 461 pp., Index, US$ 40
by Wagener, Hans-Jürgen
2008, Volume 32, Issue 2
- 119-128 Assessing Ricardian equivalence for the New Member States: Does debt-neutrality matter?
by Reitschuler, Gerhard
- 129-141 Exchange rate sensitivity of US bilateral trade flows
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Ratha, Artatrana
- 142-166 Sovereign rating changes--Do they provide new information for stock markets?
by Hooper, Vince & Hume, Timothy & Kim, Suk-Joong
- 167-176 Interpreting Value at Risk (VaR) forecasts
by Gregory, Allan W. & Reeves, Jonathan J.
- 177-196 Does lending behaviour of banks in emerging economies vary by ownership? Evidence from the Indian banking sector
by Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Piesse, Jenifer
- 197-216 Determinants of bank interest margins in Central and Eastern Europe: A comparison with the West
by Claeys, Sophie & Vander Vennet, Rudi
2008, Volume 32, Issue 1
- 1-3 Enlarging the euro area: Why so delicate?
by van Aarle, Bas & Fidrmuc, Jarko
- 4-16 Catching-up and inflation differentials in a heterogeneous monetary union: Some implications for the euro area and new EU Member States
by MacDonald, Ronald & Wójcik, Cezary
- 17-32 Beyond the Balassa-Samuelson effect in some new member states of the European Union
by García-Solanes, José & Sancho-Portero, F. Israel & Torrejón-Flores, Fernando
- 33-45 The border effect in small open economies
by Horváth, Julius & Rátfai, Attila & Döme, Botond
- 46-69 Fiscal policies and business cycles in an enlarged euro area
by Staehr, Karsten
- 70-91 Exchange rate volatility and growth in small open economies at the EMU periphery
by Schnabl, Gunther
- 92-102 Economic policies on Slovenia's road to the euro area
by Weyerstrass, Klaus
- 103-118 Volatility of exchange rates in selected new EU members: Evidence from daily data
by Fidrmuc, Jarko & Horváth, Roman
2007, Volume 31, Issue 4
- 343-345 Entry and barriers to entry in emerging markets
by Estrin, Saul & Campos, Nauro F.
- 346-363 Institutional barriers to firm entry and exit: Case-study evidence from the Brazilian textiles and electronics industries
by Campos, Nauro F. & Iootty, Mariana
- 364-374 Does government intervention help the Chinese automobile industry? A comparison with the Chinese computer industry
by Tian, Lihui
- 375-390 Entry, reforms, complementarity and performance: A tale of two Indian manufacturing sectors
by Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Gangopadhyay, Shubhashis & Krishnan, Shagun
- 391-411 Russia: Firm entry and survival barriers
by Aidis, Ruta & Adachi, Yuko
- 412-422 Corruption: Theory and evidence from the Russian Federation
by Mokhtari, Manouchehr & Grafova, Irina
- 423-440 Cooperative and noncooperative R&D with spillovers: The case of labor-managed firms
by Goel, Rajeev K. & Haruna, Shoji
2007, Volume 31, Issue 3
- 233-255 Growth in transition: Reexamining the roles of factor inputs and geography
by Rusinova, Desislava
- 256-271 Co-movement in the price of risk of aggregate equity markets
by Bhar, Ramaprasad & Hamori, Shigeyuki
- 272-291 Determinants of the method of sale in privatization
by Bang, James T.
- 292-310 All time cheaters versus cheaters in distress: An examination of cheating and oil prices in OPEC
by Dibooglu, Sel & AlGudhea, Salim N.
- 311-335 Mobility, poverty and well-being among the informally employed in Bosnia and Herzegovina
by Krstic, Gorana & Sanfey, Peter
- 336-338 G. Turley, Transition, Taxation and the State, Ashgate, Aldershot (2006) ISBN 0-7546-4368-9 194 pp., [pound sign]49.99
by Fritz, Verena
- 338-341 L. vinhas de souza and P. de lombaerde, The Periphery of the Euro: Monetary and Exchange Rate Policy in CIS Countries, Ashgate, Aldershot (2006) ISBN 0-7546-4517-7 390 pp., Price: US$ 114.95
by Orlowski, L.T.
2007, Volume 31, Issue 2
- 121-137 The optimal timing of initial public offerings in the course of privatization: Theory and an illustrative application
by Brada, Josef C. & Ma, Chia-Ying
- 138-156 A survey of enterprise reforms in China: The way forward
by Hovey, Martin & Naughton, Tony
- 157-183 Credit market disequilibrium in Poland: Can we find what we expect?: Non-stationarity and the short-side rule
by Hurlin, Christophe & Kierzenkowski, Rafal
- 184-203 Interdependence between Eastern and Western European stock markets: Evidence from intraday data
by Egert, Balazs & Kocenda, Evzen
- 204-221 Happiness in transition: An empirical study on Eastern Europe
by Hayo, Bernd
- 222-225 H. Leipold, Kulturvergleichende Institutionenokonomik, Studien zur kulturellen, institutionellen und wirtschaftlichen Entwicklung vol. 19, Lucius & Lucius, Stuttgart (2006) 319 pp., 90[euro], ISBN: 978-3-8252-2749-4
by Zweynert, Joachim
- 225-230 S. Schadler, Editor, Euro adoption in Central and Eastern Europe: Opportunities and Challenges, IMF, Washington, DC (2005) 214 pp., US$35, ISBN: 1-58906-370-8.B. Galgoczi, Editor, What Price the Euro? The Social Impact of Euro-zone Accession for the New Member States, European Trade Union Institute for Research, Education and Health and Safety, Brussels (2005) 281 pp., [euro]25, ISBN: 2-87452-003-9
by Lavrac, Vladimir
2007, Volume 31, Issue 1
- 1-2 Debt, financial sector development and Asian economic growth
by Hooper, Vince J.
- 3-11 Debt overhang and economic growth-the Asian and the Latin American experiences
by Sen, Swapan & Kasibhatla, Krishna M. & Stewart, David B.
- 12-34 Theory, practice and potential of debt for development swaps in the Asian and Pacific region
by Cassimon, Danny & Vaessen, Jos
- 35-48 The determinants of capital inflows: Does opacity of recipient country explain the flows?
by Hooper, Vince & Kim, Suk-Joong
- 49-70 Why do Japanese firms prefer multiple bank relationship? Some evidence from firm-level data
by Ogawa, Kazuo & Sterken, Elmer & Tokutsu, Ichiro
- 71-96 Contagion and interdependence: Measuring CEE banking sector co-movements
by Jokipii, Terhi & Lucey, Brian
- 97-114 An anatomy of male labour market earnings inequality in Serbia, 1996-2003
by Krstic, Gorana & Litchfield, Julie & Reilly, Barry
- 115-117 P.J.J. Welfens and A. Wziatek-Kubiak, Editors, Structural Change and Exchange Rate Dynamics: The Economics of EU Eastern Enlargement, Springer, Berlin/Heidelberg (2005) ISBN 3-540-27687-4 288 pp., Price: [euro]85.55
by Radosevic, Slavo
- 117-119 H.G. Broadman, T. Paas and P.J.J. Welfens, Editors, Economic Liberalization and Integration Policy. Options for Eastern Europe and Russia, Springer, Berlin/Heidelberg (2006) 358 pp., Price: [euro]90.90, ISBN: 3-540-24183-3
by Kattel, Rainer
2006, Volume 30, Issue 4
- 307-310 Monetary convergence to the Euro
by Kutan, Ali M. & Orlowski, Lucjan T.
- 311-327 Pilgrims to the Eurozone: How far, how fast?
by Kocenda, Evzen & Kutan, Ali M. & Yigit, Taner M.
- 328-345 Euro adoption and Maastricht criteria: Rules or discretion?
by Jonas, Jiri
- 346-365 Implications of ERM2 for Poland's monetary policy
by Orlowski, Lucjan T. & Rybinski, Krzysztof
- 366-384 Hungary's entry into the euro area: Lessons for prospective members from a monetary policy perspective
by Siklos, Pierre L.
- 385-404 The Maastricht inflation criterion: How unpleasant is purgatory?
by Bulir, Ales & Hurnik, Jaromir
- 405-423 Convergence of interest rate pass-through in a wider euro zone?
by Sander, Harald & Kleimeier, Stefanie
- 424-442 Catch-up inflation and nominal convergence: The balancing act for new EU entrants
by Dobrinsky, Rumen
2006, Volume 30, Issue 3
- 207-230 Real exchange rate misalignment: Prelude to crisis?
by Kemme, David M. & Roy, Saktinil
- 231-248 Capacity utilization of the Kazakhstani firms and the Russian financial crisis: A panel data analysis
by Kalyuzhnova, Yelena & Vagliasindi, Maria
- 249-263 Black market exchange rate, currency substitution and the demand for money in LDCs
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Tanku, Altin
- 264-281 Macroeconomic policies and participation in IMF programs
by Evrensel, Ayse Y. & Kim, Jong Sung
- 282-305 Exchange rate management in Ukraine: Is there a case for more flexibility?
by van Aarle, Bas & de Jong, Eelke & Sosoian, Robert
2006, Volume 30, Issue 2
- 121-140 Foreign exchange interventions and interest rate policy in the Czech Republic: Hand in glove?
by Egert, Balazs & Komarek, Lubos
- 141-156 The exchange rate system and macroeconomic fluctuations in Sub-Saharan Africa
by Sissoko, Yaya & Dibooglu, Sel
- 157-169 Does Turkey have a special trade relation with the EU?: A gravity model approach
by Antonucci, Daniele & Manzocchi, Stefano
- 170-183 Bilateral trade flows and exchange rate sensitivity: Evidence from likelihood-based panel cointegration
by Irandoust, Manuchehr & Ekblad, Kristin & Parmler, Johan
- 184-199 Household wealth in the Czech Republic: A comparative perspective
by Ganelli, Giovanni
- 200-202 J. Jackson, J. Klich and K. Poznanska, The Political Economy of Poland's Transition: New Firms and Reform Governments, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2005) (xvi+277 pp., [UK pound]45/$80, ISBN 0-521-83895-9)
by Mickiewicz, Tomasz Marek
- 202-204 J. Chen and D. Sapsford, Editors, Global Development and Poverty Reduction. The Challenge for International Institutions, Edward Elgar, Cheltenham, UK and Northampton, US (2005) (352 pp., Price: [UK pound]62.96, ISBN 1-84542-248-1)
by Evrensel, Ayse Y.
2006, Volume 30, Issue 1
- 1-23 Contract enforcement in the early transition of an unstable economy
by Koford, Kenneth & Miller, Jeffrey B.
- 24-40 The paradox of China's growing under-urbanization
by Chang, Gene Hsin & Brada, Josef C.
- 41-55 Fiscal decentralization and centralization under a majority rule: A normative analysis
by Akai, Nobuo & Mikami, Kazuhiko
- 56-78 Testing for predictability in equity returns for European transition markets
by Cajueiro, Daniel O. & Tabak, Benjamin M.
- 79-97 The impact of major global events on volatility shifts: Evidence from the Asian crisis and 9/11
by Fernandez, Viviana
- 98-110 Privatization in transition economies: Privatization scale and country size
by Goel, Rajeev K. & Budak, Jelena
- 111-114 D. Gros and A. Steinherr, Economic Transition in Central and Eastern Europe: Planting the Seeds, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2004) (xii + 360 pp., [UK pound]23.99/[UK pound]65, ISBN 0-521-82638-1 (Hardback), 0-521-53379-1 (Paperback)).M. Dabrowski, B. Slay and J. Neneman, Editors, Beyond Transition: Development Perspectives and Dilemmas, Ashgate, Aldershot (2004) (xxiv + 283 pp., US$ 99.95, ISBN 0-7546-3970-3)
by Bonker, Frank
- 114-118 G. Ofer and R. Pomfret, Editors, The Economic Prospects of the CIS: Sources of Long Term Growth, Elgar, Cheltenham, UK/Northampton, USA (2004) (320 pp., [UK pound]69.95, ISBN 1-84376-615-9)
by Fidrmuc, Jan
- 119-119 Erratum to "Helping countries develop: the role of fiscal policy" [J. Econ. Syst. 29 (2005) 276-279]
by Gupta, S. & Kolodko, G.W.
2005, Volume 29, Issue 4
- 363-365 Editorial introduction: Is the World Bank lending effective in developing countries?
by Evrensel, Ayse Y. & Kutan, Ali M.
- 366-383 Impact of World Bank lending in an adjustment-led growth model
by Mallick, Sushanta & Moore, Tomoe
- 384-407 World Bank lending and regulation
by Kilby, Christopher
- 408-421 Demand for World Bank lending
by Ratha, Dilip
- 422-432 Does the World Bank have any impact on human development of the poorest countries? Some preliminary evidence from Africa
by Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar
- 433-454 Multilateral development aid for Africa
by Abegaz, Berhanu
- 455-466 Outsourcing with labor management
by Rossini, Gianpaolo
- 467-468 B. Bortolotti and D. Siniscalco, Editors, The Challenges of Privatization: An International Analysis, Oxford University Press, Oxford (2004) 170 pages, [UK pound]30.00/US$ 55.00, ISBN 0-19-924934-2
by Megginson, William L.
- 468-471 F.L. Pryor, Editor, Economic Systems of Foraging, Agricultural and Industrial Societies, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge (2005) 332 pages, [UK pound]40 (Hardback), [UK pound]17.99 (Paperback), ISBN 0-521-84904-7 (Hardback), 0-521-61347-7 (Paperback)
by Dallago, Bruno
2005, Volume 29, Issue 3
- 283-293 Openness, size, and the saving-investment relationship
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Chakrabarti, Avik
- 294-306 Russia's European economic integration: Escapism and realities
by Hamilton, Carl B.
- 307-324 Beware of breaks in exchange rates: Evidence from European transition countries
by Kocenda, Evzen
- 325-343 Wage determination in urban Russia: Underpayment and the gender differential
by Ogloblin, Constantin & Brock, Gregory
- 344-362 Financial contagion vulnerability and resistance: A comparison of European stock markets
by Serwa, Dobromil & Bohl, Martin T.
2005, Volume 29, Issue 2
- 123-129 Exchange-rate economics in transition countries
by Egert, Balazs & Kutan, Ali M.
- 130-143 Pitfalls in estimating equilibrium exchange rates for transition economies
by Maeso-Fernandez, Francisco & Osbat, Chiara & Schnatz, Bernd
- 144-162 Equilibrium exchange rates in transition countries: Evidence from dynamic heterogeneous panel models
by Kim, Byung-Yeon & Korhonen, Iikka
- 163-186 Exchange rates in the new EU accession countries: What have we learned from the forerunners?
by Bulir, Ales & Smidkova, Katerina
- 187-204 Maintaining competitiveness under equilibrium real appreciation: The case of Slovakia
by Oomes, Nienke
- 205-241 Equilibrium exchange rates in South Eastern Europe, Russia, Ukraine and Turkey: Healthy or (Dutch) diseased?
by Egert, Balazs
- 242-255 Explaining the real exchange rate in Kazakhstan, 1996-2003: Is Kazakhstan vulnerable to the Dutch disease?
by Kutan, Ali M. & Wyzan, Michael L.
- 256-275 De facto and official exchange rate regimes in transition economies
by von Hagen, Jurgen & Zhou, Jizhong
- 276-279 S. Gupta, B. Clements and G. Inchauste, Editors, Helping Countries Develop: The Role of Fiscal Policy, IMF, Washington, DC (2004) 540 pp., US$ 40, ISBN 1-58906-318-X
by Kolodko, G.W.
- 279-282 D.A. Dyker, Catching Up and Falling Behind: Post-Communist Transformation in Historical Perspective, Imperial College Press, London (2004) 379 pp., [UK pound]50, ISBN 1-86094-434-5
by Andreff, Wladimir
2005, Volume 29, Issue 1
- 1-5 Europe and Central Asia after the May 2004 EU enlargement: A brief synthesis
by Bonin, John P.
- 6-31 Central Asia's transport cost burden and its impact on trade
by Raballand, Gael & Kunth, Antoine & Auty, Richard
- 32-58 Trade policies in Central Asia after EU enlargement and before Russian WTO accession: Regionalism and integration into the world economy
by Pomfret, Richard