Children and Youth Services Review
2016, Volume 65, Issue C
- 86-93 Heterogeneity among adolescent mothers and home visiting program outcomes
by Mistry, Jayanthi & Easterbrooks, M. Ann & Fauth, Rebecca C. & Raskin, Maryna & Jacobs, Francine & Goldberg, Jessica
- 94-103 Assessing safety culture in child welfare: Evidence from Tennessee
by Vogus, Timothy J. & Cull, Michael J. & Hengelbrok, Noel E. & Modell, Scott J. & Epstein, Richard A.
- 104-111 Child care assistance and nonstandard work schedules
by Rachidi, Angela
- 112-119 Camp experiences in the lives of adolescents with serious illnesses
by Gillard, Ann & Allsop, Jared
- 120-126 Abused women and the threat of parental alienation: Shelter workers' perspectives
by Lapierre, Simon & Côté, Isabelle
- 127-139 Child support compliance during economic downturns
by Mincy, Ronald B. & Miller, Daniel P. & De la Cruz Toledo, Elia
- 140-147 Youth councils in municipal government: Examination of activities, impact and barriers
by Collins, Mary Elizabeth & Augsberger, Astraea & Gecker, Whitney
- 148-155 Child welfare caseworkers' perspectives on the challenges of addressing mental health problems in early childhood
by Hoffman, Jill A. & Bunger, Alicia C. & Robertson, Hillary A. & Cao, Yiwen & West, Kristopher Y.
- 156-165 Decreasing risk factors for later alcohol use and antisocial behaviors in children in foster care by increasing early promotive factors
by Pears, Katherine C. & Kim, Hyoun K. & Fisher, Philip A.
- 166-174 Racial disparities in education debt burden among low- and moderate-income households
by Grinstein-Weiss, Michal & Perantie, Dana C. & Taylor, Samuel H. & Guo, Shenyang & Raghavan, Ramesh
- 175-182 Participation, empowerment and capacity building: Exploring young people's perspectives on the services provided to them by a grassroots NGO in sub-Saharan Africa
by Morgan, Julia
- 183-194 Cyber-bystanding in context: A review of the literature on witnesses' responses to cyberbullying
by Allison, Kimberley R. & Bussey, Kay
- 195-203 Language impairments among youth offenders: A systematic review
by Anderson, Stavroola A.S. & Hawes, David J. & Snow, Pamela C.
- 204-215 A part of something: The importance of transitional living programs within a Housing First framework for youth experiencing homelessness
by Holtschneider, Casey
- 216-223 Keyworking in residential child care: Lessons from research
by Cahill, Orla & Holt, Stephanie & Kirwan, Gloria
- 224-230 Parent gender and child removal in physical abuse and neglect cases
by Crawford, Brandon & Bradley, Mindy S.
- 231-243 Patterns of child care subsidy use and stability of subsidized care arrangements: Evidence from Illinois and New York
by Pilarz, Alejandra Ros & Claessens, Amy & Gelatt, Julia
2016, Volume 64, Issue C
- 1-14 Sexual health behaviors and outcomes among current and former foster youth: A review of the literature
by Ramseyer Winter, Virginia & Brandon-Friedman, Richard A. & Ely, Gretchen E.
- 15-22 Growing up before their time: The early adultification experiences of homeless young people
by Schmitz, Rachel M. & Tyler, Kimberly A.
- 23-34 Professional and youth perspectives on higher education-focused interventions for youth transitioning from foster care
by Salazar, Amy M. & Roe, Stephanie S. & Ullrich, Jessica S. & Haggerty, Kevin P.
- 35-41 Harmonizing freedom and protection: Adolescents' voices on automatic monitoring of social networking sites
by Van Royen, Kathleen & Poels, Karolien & Vandebosch, Heidi
- 42-50 Risk factors for attrition from an evidence-based parenting program: Findings from the Netherlands
by Abrahamse, Mariëlle E. & Niec, Larissa N. & Junger, Marianne & Boer, Frits & Lindauer, Ramón J.L.
- 51-59 “I didn't know you could just ask:” Empowering underrepresented college-bound students to recruit academic and career mentors
by Schwartz, Sarah E.O. & Kanchewa, Stella S. & Rhodes, Jean E. & Cutler, Evan & Cunningham, Jessica L.
- 60-65 Juvenile justice sentencing: Do gender and child welfare involvement matter?
by Tam, Christina C. & Abrams, Laura S. & Freisthler, Bridget & Ryan, Joseph P.
- 66-72 Chronic disease prevalence and discontinuation of medications among young mothers with a relationship to the child welfare system
by Matone, Meredith & Minkovitz, Cynthia & Quarshie, William & Rubin, David M.
- 73-81 The role of child care in supporting the emotion regulatory needs of maltreated infants and toddlers
by Mortensen, Jennifer A. & Barnett, Melissa A.
- 82-90 A program based on Social Cognitive Theory and Smith's model of health and illness and its effect on maternal self-efficacy and child behavior
by Sener, D. Konuk & Cimete, G.
- 91-99 The need to do it all: Exploring the ways in which treatment foster parents enact their complex role
by Farmer, Elizabeth M.Z. & Lippold, Melissa A.
- 100-109 Chinese urban and suburban parents' priorities for early childhood education practices: Applying Q-sort methodology
by Hu, Bi Ying & Yang, Yi & Ieong, Sylvia S.L.
- 110-116 Education for children in sub-Saharan Africa: Predictors impacting school attendance
by Roby, Jini L. & Erickson, Lance & Nagaishi, Chanel
- 117-121 Maltreatment history as persistent risk: An extension of Li and Godinet (2014)
by Thompson, Richard & English, Diana J. & White, Catherine Roller
- 122-127 Social assistance for poor children in urban China: A qualitative study from the recipients' perspective
by Zhang, Haomiao
- 128-135 Effectiveness of an empowerment program for adolescent second generation migrants: A cluster randomized controlled trial
by Goossens, Ferry X. & Onrust, Simone A. & Monshouwer, Karin & Orobio de Castro, Bram
- 136-144 The AFFIRM open pilot feasibility study: A brief affirmative cognitive behavioral coping skills group intervention for sexual and gender minority youth
by Craig, Shelley L. & Austin, Ashley
- 145-154 Poverty to more poverty: An evaluation of transition services provided to adolescent girls from two institutions in Zimbabwe
by Mhongera, Pamhidzayi Berejena & Lombard, Antoinette
- 155-165 Youth with disabilities in the United States Child Welfare System
by Slayter, Elspeth
2016, Volume 63, Issue C
- 1-9 Assessing the effect of school bullying prevention programs on reducing bullying
by Albayrak, Sevil & Yıldız, Ayşe & Erol, Saime
- 10-15 A latent class analysis of school climate among middle and high school students in California public schools
by De Pedro, Kris Tunac & Gilreath, Tamika & Berkowitz, Ruth
- 16-20 The impact of fathers on maltreated youths' mental health
by Ayer, Lynsay & Kohl, Patricia & Malsberger, Rosalie & Burgette, Lane
- 21-27 Is anybody there? Informal supports accessed and sought by youth from foster care
by Rutman, Deborah & Hubberstey, Carol
- 28-35 Fathers' alcohol use and spousal abuse and mothers' child abuse in multicultural families in South Korea: The mediating role of acculturation and parenting stress
by Lee, Jaekyoung & Lee, RaeHyuck & Park, Myungsook
- 40-46 Finish what you start: A study of Design Team change initiatives' impact on agency climate
by Lawrence, Catherine & Claiborne, Nancy & Zeitlin, Wendy & Auerbach, Charles
- 47-57 Services to LGBTQ runaway and homeless youth: Gaps and recommendations
by Maccio, Elaine M. & Ferguson, Kristin M.
- 58-66 Being trusted: The perspectives of trusted adults about engaging with young people
by Meltzer, Ariella & Muir, Kristy & Craig, Lyn
- 67-73 Ready or not: The influence of readiness on healthy marriage and relationship education training outcomes
by Arnold, Amy Laura & Richardson, Evin W. & Cenizal, Robyn
- 74-82 The extent and risk factors of child poverty in urban China — What can be done for realising the Chinese government goal of eradicating poverty before 2020
by Qi, Di & Wu, Yichao
- 83-92 Guidelines for teachers to elicit detailed and accurate narrative accounts from children
by Brubacher, Sonja P. & Powell, Martine B. & Snow, Pamela C. & Skouteris, Helen & Manger, Bronwen
- 93-100 Effects of vocational training on unemployed youths' work motivation and work engagement: Mediating roles of training adequacy and self-actualization
by Ngai, Steven Sek-yum & Cheung, Chau-kiu & Yuan, Rui
- 101-109 Predicting illegal income generation among homeless male and female young adults: Understanding strains and responses to strains
by Ferguson, Kristin M. & Bender, Kimberly & Thompson, Sanna J.
- 110-119 Childhood adversity, sense of belonging and psychosocial outcomes in emerging adulthood: A test of mediated pathways
by Corrales, Tatiana & Waterford, Michelle & Goodwin-Smith, Ian & Wood, Leanne & Yourell, Todd & Ho, Coco
- 120-127 The contribution of social support to children and adolescents' self-perception: The mediating role of bullying victimization
by Mishna, Faye & Khoury-Kassabri, Mona & Schwan, Kaitlin & Wiener, Judith & Craig, Wendy & Beran, Tanya & Pepler, Debra & Daciuk, Joanne
- 128-135 Luchamos por nuestros hijos: Latino immigrant parents strive to protect their children from the deleterious effects of anti-immigration policies
by Philbin, Sandy P. & Ayón, Cecilia
2016, Volume 62, Issue C
- 1-8 Computer-mediated parenting education: Digital family service provision
by Russell, Beth S. & Maksut, Jessica L. & Lincoln, Courtney R. & Leland, Alicia J.
- 9-17 Contact with birth family in adoptive families headed by lesbian, gay male, and heterosexual parents
by Brodzinsky, David M. & Goldberg, Abbie E.
- 18-21 Emergency department use for injuries by adolescents in foster care
by Thackeray, Jonathan & Leonhart, Karen & Yackey, Katelyn & Cooper, Jennifer & Kelleher, Kelly
- 22-28 The experiences and outcomes of children in foster care who were removed because of a parental disability
by Lightfoot, Elizabeth & DeZelar, Sharyn
- 29-39 Professional development for teachers plus coaching related to school-wide suspensions for a large urban school system
by Flynn, Rachel M. & Lissy, Rachel & Alicea, Stacey & Tazartes, Lisa & McKay, Mary M.
- 40-48 The relationship between re-incarceration and their own childhood foster care experience of women
by Jung, Haeil & LaLonde, Robert
- 49-57 Trends in state budgets and child outcomes during and post child welfare class action litigation
by Ryan, Tiffany N. & Gomez, Rebecca J.
- 58-64 Community-based organizations for vulnerable children in South Africa: Reach, psychosocial correlates, and potential mechanisms
by Yakubovich, A.R. & Sherr, L. & Cluver, L.D. & Skeen, S. & Hensels, I.S. & Macedo, A. & Tomlinson, M.
- 65-71 Societal factors impacting child welfare: Re-validating the Perceptions of Child Welfare Scale
by Auerbach, Charles & Zeitlin, Wendy & Augsberger, Astraea & Lawrence, Catherine K. & Claiborne, Nancy
- 83-89 Perceptions of state child welfare administrators regarding federally-mandated citizen review panels
by Collins-Camargo, Crystal & Buckwalter, Neal & Jones, Blake
- 90-96 Homeless youth, strain, and justice system involvement: An application of general strain theory
by Snyder, Susan M. & Hartinger-Saunders, Robin & Brezina, Timothy & Beck, Elizabeth & Wright, Eric R. & Forge, Nicholas & Bride, Brian E.
- 97-104 Examining needs of informal kinship families: Validating the family needs scale
by Lee, Eunju & Choi, Mi Jin & Clarkson-Henderix, Michael
- 105-110 Treatment foster parent satisfaction: Survey validation and predictors of satisfaction, retention, and intent to refer
by Mihalo, Jennifer R. & Strickler, Amy & Triplett, Dawn R. & Trunzo, Annette C.
- 111-121 Youth self-report of emotional maltreatment: Concordance with official reports and relation to outcomes
by White, Catherine Roller & English, Diana & Thompson, Richard & Roberts, Yvonne Humenay
2016, Volume 61, Issue C
- 1-5 Self-report of health problems and health care use among maltreated and comparison adolescents
by Schneiderman, Janet U. & Negriff, Sonya & Trickett, Penelope K.
- 6-14 A parent's place: Parents', mentors' and program staff members' expectations for and experiences of parental involvement in community-based youth mentoring relationships
by Basualdo-Delmonico, Antoinette M. & Spencer, Renée
- 15-21 Future orientation and health related factors among African American adolescents
by So, Suzanna & Voisin, Dexter R. & Burnside, Amanda & Gaylord-Harden, Noni K.
- 22-30 An intensive mental health home visiting model for two at-risk early childhood populations
by Reuter, Katherine E. & Melchior, Lisa A. & Brink, Amber M.
- 31-39 Measuring organizational health in child welfare agencies
by Potter, Cathryn C. & Leake, Robin & Longworth-Reed, Laricia & Altschul, Inna & Rienks, Shauna
- 40-50 Natural mentoring among older youth in and aging out of foster care: A systematic review
by Thompson, Allison E. & Greeson, Johanna K.P. & Brunsink, Ashleigh M.
- 51-60 The availability and role of non-parental identity agents for institutionalized male adolescent social orphans in Colombia
by Novelle, Michelle A. & Gonyea, Judith G.
- 61-68 “Giant Leap 1”: A Social and Emotional Learning program's effects on the transition to first grade
by Correia, Karla & Marques-Pinto, Alexandra
- 69-74 Foster family acceptance: Understanding the role of foster family acceptance in the lives of LGBTQ youth
by McCormick, Adam & Schmidt, Kathryn & Terrazas, Samuel R.
- 75-82 Replication of the KEEP foster and kinship parent training program for youth with externalizing behaviors
by Greeno, Elizabeth J. & Uretsky, Mathew C. & Lee, Bethany R. & Moore, Jessica E. & Barth, Richard P. & Shaw, Terry V.
- 83-89 A pilot study of big brothers big sisters programs and youth development: An application of critical race theory
by Park, Hyejoon & Yoon, Jina & Crosby, Shantel D.
- 90-100 Children's resilience in the presence of mothers' depressive symptoms: Examining regulatory processes related to active agency
by Yan, Ni
- 101-108 Functional outcomes among sexual minority youth emancipating from the child welfare system
by Shpiegel, Svetlana & Simmel, Cassandra
- 109-116 Promoting birth parents' relationships with their toddlers upon reunification: Results from Promoting First Relationships® home visiting program
by Oxford, Monica L. & Marcenko, Maureen & Fleming, Charles B. & Lohr, Mary Jane & Spieker, Susan J.
- 117-125 Enhancing adolescents' motivation for treatment in compulsory residential care: A clinical review
by Brauers, Malou & Kroneman, Leoniek & Otten, René & Lindauer, Ramón & Popma, Arne
- 126-134 Household incarceration in early adolescence and risk of premarital first birth
by Gottlieb, Aaron
- 135-140 Children's hyperactivity, television viewing, and the potential for child effects
by Ansari, Arya & Crosnoe, Robert
- 141-148 Assessing parental capacity to change: The missing jigsaw piece in the assessment of a child's welfare?
by Platt, Dendy & Riches, Katie
- 149-158 Can community-based interventions prevent child maltreatment?
by van Dijken, M.W. & Stams, G.J.J.M. & de Winter, M.
- 159-164 The characteristics of delinquent behavior and predictive factors in Japanese children's homes
by Ohara, Takaharu & Matsuura, Naomi
- 165-175 Effectiveness of anti-bullying school programs: A meta-analysis
by Jiménez-Barbero, José Antonio & Ruiz-Hernández, José Antonio & Llor-Zaragoza, Laura & Pérez-García, María & Llor-Esteban, Bartolomé
- 176-183 Parent training to reduce problem behaviors over the transition to high school: Tests of indirect effects through improved emotion regulation skills
by Mason, W. Alex & January, Stacy-Ann A. & Fleming, Charles B. & Thompson, Ronald W. & Parra, Gilbert R. & Haggerty, Kevin P. & Snyder, James J.
- 184-200 Sexual and reproductive health policies for foster youth in California: A qualitative study of child welfare professionals' experiences and perceptions of policies
by Bruce, Janine S.
- 201-210 Kinship care and service utilization: A review of predisposing, enabling, and need factors
by Coleman, Kanisha L. & Wu, Qi
- 211-215 Targeting the reach of educational support interventions in Kenya
by Kagotho, Njeri
- 216-221 Bullying among urban Mexican-heritage youth: Exploring risk for substance use by status as a bully, victim, and bully-victim
by Sangalang, Cindy C. & Tran, Alisia G.T.T. & Ayers, Stephanie L. & Marsiglia, Flavio F.
- 222-229 Cumulative jeopardy when children are at risk of significant harm: A response to Bywaters
by Ward, Harriet & Brown, Rebecca
- 230-236 Reasons for discontinued service among Guardians ad Litem
by Bright, Melissa A. & Shovali, Tamar E. & Cooper, Alysha
- 237-244 The effect of race/ethnicity on the relation between substance use disorder diagnosis and substance use treatment receipt among male serious adolescent offenders
by Mansion, Andre D. & Chassin, Laurie
- 245-252 Qualitative evaluation of historical and relational factors influencing pregnancy and sexually transmitted infection risks in foster youth
by Ahrens, Kym R. & Spencer, Renee & Bonnar, Mavis & Coatney, Alexis & Hall, Tyson
- 253-260 Guiding and supporting adolescents living with HIV in sub-Saharan Africa: The development of a curriculum for family and community members
by Winskell, Kate & Miller, Kim S. & Allen, Kristi Ann & Obong'o, Christopher O.
- 261-270 A qualitative study of coping with religious minority status in public schools
by Forrest-Bank, Shandra S. & Dupper, David R.
- 281-287 Predictors of early versus late match relationship beginnings in Big Brothers Big Sisters community programs
by De Wit, David J. & Lipman, Ellen L. & da Costa, Jose & Graham, Kathryn & Larose, Simon & Pepler, Debra & Coyle, James & DuBois, David & Manzano-Munguia, Maria & Ferro, Annalise
- 288-295 Predicting relapse of problematic child-rearing situations
by van der Put, Claudia E. & Assink, Mark & Stams, Geert Jan J.M.
- 296-302 Constructing familyness: Pedagogical conversations between professional parents and adolescents
by van Nijnatten, Carolus & Noordegraaf, Martine
- 303-310 Who is advocating for children under six? Uncovering unmet needs in child advocacy centers
by Vanderzee, Karin L. & Pemberton, Joy R. & Conners-Burrow, Nicola & Kramer, Teresa L.
- 311-316 Crisis nursery services and foster care prevention: An exploratory study
by Crampton, David & Yoon, Susan
- 317-326 Self-representation questionnaire for youths in residential care
by Patrício, Joana Nunes & Calheiros, Maria Manuela & Martins, Ana Catarina
- 327-331 Does school-related burnout influence problematic Facebook use?
by Walburg, Vera & Mialhes, Aurélie & Moncla, Dany
- 332-336 The interrelationships between trauma and internalizing symptom trajectories among adolescents in foster care
by Rayburn, Allison D. & McWey, Lenore M. & Cui, Ming
- 337-344 African American caregivers' resources for support: Implications for children's perceived support from their caregiver
by Kenigsberg, Tat'Yana A. & Winston, Willie & Gibson, Priscilla A. & Brady, Sonya S.
- 345-352 Parents' beliefs about the cause of parenting problems and relevance of parenting support: Understanding low participation of ethnic minority and low socioeconomic status families in the Netherlands
by van Mourik, K. & Crone, M.R. & Pels, T.V.M. & Reis, R.
- 353-358 What's the difference? Using descriptors to classify the care provided to children and adolescents with behavioral and emotional problems
by Evenboer, K.E. & Huyghen, A.M.N. & Tuinstra, J. & Knorth, E.J. & Reijneveld, S.A.
2016, Volume 60, Issue C
- 1-10 Can preschool socioeconomic composition moderate relationships between family environment and Chinese children's early academic and social outcomes?
by Li, Yanfang & Xu, Liangyuan & Liu, Lijun & Lv, Ying & Wang, Yun & Huntsinger, Carol S.
- 11-19 Empirical evidence on legal levers aimed at addressing child maltreatment
by Eldred, Lindsey M. & Gifford, Elizabeth J.
- 20-26 Pobrecitos los Niños: The emotional impact of anti-immigration policies on Latino children
by Rubio-Hernandez, Sandy P. & Ayón, Cecilia
- 27-33 Parenting stress and child maltreatment: The buffering effect of neighborhood social service availability and accessibility
by Maguire-Jack, Kathryn & Negash, Tori
- 34-41 Fathers in child welfare: What do social work textbooks teach our students?
by Brewsaugh, Katrina & Strozier, Anne
- 42-51 Outcomes of Parent–Child Interaction Therapy in an urban community clinic: A comparison of treatment completers and dropouts
by Danko, Christina M. & Garbacz, Lauren Legato & Budd, Karen S.
- 52-60 Contemporary discourses on children and parenting in Norway: Norwegian Child Welfare Services meets immigrant families
by Hollekim, Ragnhild & Anderssen, Norman & Daniel, Marguerite
- 61-67 A qualitative study of collaboration between guardians ad litem and caseworkers in the child welfare system
by Phillips, Jon D.
- 68-79 Prevalence and patterns of tobacco, alcohol, and drug use among Iranian adolescents: A meta-analysis of 58 studies
by Ansari-Moghaddam, Alireza & Rakhshani, Fatemeh & Shahraki-Sanavi, Fariba & Mohammadi, Mahdi & Miri-Bonjar, Mahmodreza & Bakhshani, Nour-Mohammad
- 80-87 Organizational climate and child welfare workers' degree of intent to leave the job: Evidence from New York
by Fernandes, Gretta M.
- 88-100 Using expressive arts in relapse prevention of young psychotropic substance abusers in Hong Kong
by Tam, Hau-lin & Shik, Angela Wai-yan & Lam, Shirley Siu-ling
- 101-108 The moderating effect between strengths and placement on children's needs in out-of-home care: A follow-up study
by Sim, Faye & Li, Dongdong & Chu, Chi Meng
- 109-118 Web survey of foster youth advisory boards in the United States
by Havlicek, Judy & Lin, Ching-Hsuan & Villalpando, Fabiola
- 119-128 Barriers and facilitators of the transition to adulthood for foster youth with autism spectrum disorder: Perspectives of service providers in Illinois
by Havlicek, Judy & Bilaver, Lucy & Beldon, Marissa
- 129-135 Patterns and priorities of service need identified through the Child and Adolescent Needs and Strengths (CANS) assessment
by Cordell, Katharan D. & Snowden, Lonnie R. & Hosier, Laura
2015, Volume 59, Issue C
- 1-9 We are not orphans. Children's experience of everyday life in institutional care in Mexico
by Khoo, Evelyn & Mancinas, Sandra & Skoog, Viktoria
- 10-18 Transgender youth homelessness: Understanding programmatic barriers through the lens of cisgenderism
by Shelton, Jama
- 19-27 Child care burden and the risk of child maltreatment among low-income working families
by Ha, Yoonsook & Collins, Mary Elizabeth & Martino, David
- 28-37 Predictors of treatment attrition and treatment length in Parent‐Child Interaction Therapy in Taiwanese families
by Chen, Yi-Chuen & Fortson, Beverly L.
- 38-46 Revealing disjunctures: Making tensions between fetal alcohol spectrum disorder diagnoses and institutional supports visible
by Morton Ninomiya, Melody E.
- 47-56 Detained girls' treatment engagement over time: The role of psychopathology and quality of life
by Van Damme, Lore & Hoeve, Machteld & Vanderplasschen, Wouter & Vermeiren, Robert & Grisso, Thomas & Colins, Olivier F.
- 57-62 A revision and extension of the prevention of escalating adolescent crisis events (PEACE) protocol
by Michael, Kurt & Jameson, John Paul & Sale, Rafaella & Orlando, Carissa & Schorr, Marisa & Brazille, Morgan & Stevens, Anne & Massey, Cameron
- 63-70 Resilience among adolescents in foster care
by Davidson-Arad, Bilha & Navaro-Bitton, Iris
- 71-83 Reviewing the need for technological and other expansions of evidence-based parent training for young children
by McGoron, Lucy & Ondersma, Steven J.
- 84-88 Quality improvement learning collaborative to examine foster care guidelines
by Jee, Sandra & Szilagyi, Moira & Schriefer, Jan & Conn, Anne-Marie & Weld, Julia & Scribano, Philip V. & Sagor, Linda & Forkey, Heather & Arnold-Clark, Janet & Carmack, Adrienne & Chytraus, Chris & Adams, LaRene & Harmon, David & Hodges, Kelly & Scahill, Mike & Tonniges, Tom & Shropshire, Deb & Meister, Stephen
- 89-96 The influence of adolescent physical abuse on school adjustment in South Korea: The mediating effects of perceived parenting types
by Um, Myung-Yong & Kim, Dong Ha
- 97-104 Factors driving Salvadoran youth migration: A formative assessment focused on Salvadoran repatriation facilities
by Anastario, Michael P. & Barrick, Kelle & Gibbs, Deborah & Pitts, Wayne & Werth, Rose & Lattimore, Pamela K.
- 105-112 Victimization and polyvictimization among Spanish youth protected by the child welfare system
by Segura, Anna & Pereda, Noemí & Abad, Judit & Guilera, Georgina
- 113-119 Consistency of outcomes of home-based family treatment in The Netherlands as an indicator of effectiveness
by Veerman, Jan W. & De Meyer, Ronald E.
- 120-131 Preventing domestic abuse for children and young people: A review of school-based interventions
by Stanley, Nicky & Ellis, Jane & Farrelly, Nicola & Hollinghurst, Sandra & Downe, Soo
- 132-138 Parental emotional warmth and psychological Suzhi as mediators between socioeconomic status and problem behaviours in Chinese children
by Wu, Lili & Zhang, Dajun & Cheng, Gang & Hu, Tianqiang & Rost, Detlef H.
- 139-148 Child care subsidies and employment outcomes of low-income families
by Ha, Yoonsook & Miller, Daniel P.
- 149-160 Images across Europe: The sending and receiving of sexual images and associations with interpersonal violence in young people's relationships
by Wood, Marsha & Barter, Christine & Stanley, Nicky & Aghtaie, Nadia & Larkins, Cath
- 161-170 Supporting families throughout the international special needs adoption process
by O'Dell, Keely E. & McCall, Robert B. & Groark, Christina J.
- 171-176 Retention and job satisfaction of child welfare supervisors
by McCrae, Julie S. & Scannapieco, Maria & Obermann, Ann
- 177-183 Child welfare workers and social justice: Mending the disconnect
by McLaughlin, Anne Marie & Gray, Erin & Wilson, Maureen
- 184-195 Typology of youth at risk
by Etzion, Dafna & Romi, Shlomo
2015, Volume 58, Issue C
- 1-10 Parents' persistence and certification in a two-generation education and training program
by Sabol, Terri J. & Sommer, Teresa E. & Chase-Lansdale, P. Lindsay & Brooks-Gunn, Jeanne & Yoshikawa, Hirokazu & King, Christopher T. & Kathawalla, Ummul & Alamuddin, Rayane & Gomez, Celia J. & Ross, Emily C.
- 11-17 Sexual and gender minority disproportionality and disparities in child welfare: A population-based study
by Wilson, Bianca D.M. & Kastanis, Angeliki A.
- 18-27 Differences in risk and protective factors between crossover and non-crossover youth in juvenile justice
by Lee, Sei-Young & Villagrana, Margarita
- 28-34 Do internal and international remittances matter to health, education and labor of children and adolescents? The case of Vietnam
by Nguyen, Cuong Viet & Nguyen, Hoa Quynh
- 35-40 Problematic internet use and sensation seeking: Differences between teens who live at home and in residential care
by Shechory Bitton, Mally & Cohen Medina, Hagit
- 41-49 Refining an intervention for students with emotional disturbance using qualitative parent and teacher data
by Buchanan, Rohanna & Nese, Rhonda N.T. & Palinkas, Lawrence A. & Ruppert, Traci
- 50-59 Mental health services for children and caregivers remaining at home after suspected maltreatment
by Fong, Hiu-fai & French, Benjamin & Rubin, David & Wood, Joanne N.
- 60-70 Needs-led child and youth care: Main characteristics and evidence on outcomes
by Metselaar, Janneke & van Yperen, Tom A. & van den Bergh, Peter M. & Knorth, Erik J.
- 71-81 The effect of social work use on the mental health outcomes of parents and the life satisfaction of children in Britain
by Henderson, Morag & Cheung, Sin Yi & Sharland, Elaine & Scourfield, Jonathan
- 82-89 Do youth with substantiated child maltreatment investigations have distinct patterns of delinquent behaviors?
by Snyder, Susan M. & Smith, Rachel E.
- 90-98 Adopted children and young people's views on their life storybooks: The role of narrative in the formation of identities
by Watson, Debbie L. & Latter, Sandra & Bellew, Rebecca
- 99-103 ‘Reach Out, Rise Up’: The efficacy of text messaging in an intervention package for anxiety and depression severity in young people
by Anstiss, David & Davies, Amber
- 104-117 Impact of the Child Support Performance and Incentive Act on child support order establishment
by Pirog, Maureen & Gerrish, Ed
- 118-126 Demographics, policy, and foster care rates; A Predictive Analytics Approach
by Russell, Jesse & Macgill, Stephanie
- 127-136 Using big data for evidence based governance in child welfare
by Kum, Hye-Chung & Joy Stewart, C. & Rose, Roderick A. & Duncan, Dean F.
- 137-141 Risk factors and physical signs of child abuse in hospitalized children in Taiwan
by Wu, Min-Fung & Lu, Tsung-Hsueh & Lin, Chii-Jeng & Feng, Jui-Ying
- 142-145 Tobacco use among foster youth: Evidence of health disparities
by Braciszewski, Jordan M. & Colby, Suzanne M.
- 146-152 A framework for developing healthcare quality measures for children and youth in foster care
by Deans, Katherine J. & Minneci, Peter C. & Nacion, Kristine M. & Thackeray, Jonathan D. & Scholle, Sarah Hudson & Kelleher, Kelly J.
- 153-162 Program records as a source for program implementation assessment and youth outcomes predictors during residential care
by Gross, Thomas J. & Hurley, Kristin Duppong & Sullivan, Justin J. & Lambert, Matthew C. & Van Ryzin, Mark J. & Thompson, Ronald W.
- 163-169 Behavioral health needs and service use among those who've aged-out of foster care
by Brown, Adam & Courtney, Mark E. & Curtis McMillen, J.
- 170-178 Gender differences in mental health consequences of exposure to political violence among Israeli adolescents
by Slone, Michelle & Mayer, Yael
- 179-186 Family Care Treatment for dispersed populations of children with behavioral challenges: The design, implementation, and initial outcomes of an evidence-informed treatment
by Hine, Kathleen M. & Moore, Kevin J.
- 187-199 Dialectical Behavior Therapy as a catalyst for change in street-involved youth: A mixed methods study
by McCay, Elizabeth & Carter, Celina & Aiello, Andria & Quesnel, Susan & Langley, John & Hwang, Steven & Beanlands, Heather & Cooper, Linda & Howes, Carol & Johansson, Bjorn & MacLaurin, Bruce & Hughes, Jean & Karabanow, Jeff
- 200-207 A longitudinal study of victimization among South Korean youth: The integrative approach between lifestyle and control theory
by Lee, Wanhee
- 208-218 The outcome of institutional youth care compared to non-institutional youth care for children of primary school age and early adolescence: A multi-level meta-analysis
by Strijbosch, E.L.L. & Huijs, J.A.M. & Stams, G.J.J.M. & Wissink, I.B. & van der Helm, G.H.P. & de Swart, J.J.W. & van der Veen, Z.
- 219-226 The developing relationship between recently placed foster infants and toddlers and their foster carers: Do demographic factors, placement characteristics and biological stress markers matter?
by Van Andel, H.W.H. & Post, W.J. & Jansen, L.M.C. & Kamphuis, J.S. & Van der Gaag, R.J. & Knorth, E.J. & Grietens, H.
- 227-235 Functioning patterns among older adolescents in foster care: Results from a cluster analysis
by Shpiegel, Svetlana & Ocasio, Kerrie
- 236-243 Adolescent drinking in Spain: Family relationship quality, rules, communication, and behaviors
by Goldberg-Looney, Lisa D. & Sánchez-SanSegundo, Miriam & Ferrer-Cascales, Rosario & Smith, Erin R. & Albaladejo-Blazquez, Natalia & Perrin, Paul B.
- 244-252 Falling through the cracks: The paradox of post-release services for unaccompanied child migrants
by Roth, Benjamin J. & Grace, Breanne L.
- 253-264 Joining formative evaluation with translational science to assess an EBI in foster care: Examining social–emotional well-being and placement stability
by Akin, Becci A. & Byers, Kaela D. & Lloyd, Margaret H. & McDonald, Thomas P.
- 265-273 The role of child and parent savings in promoting expectations for university education among middle school students in Ghana: A propensity score analysis
by Ansong, David & Wu, Shiyou & Chowa, Gina A.N.
2015, Volume 57, Issue C
- 1-8 Effects of kinship care on behavioral problems by child age: A propensity score analysis
by Wu, Qi & White, Kevin R. & Coleman, Kanisha L.
- 9-18 Evaluating the self-expressed unmet needs of emancipated foster youth over time
by Katz, Colleen C. & Courtney, Mark E.
- 19-29 School engagement among LGBTQ high school students: The roles of safe adults and gay–straight alliance characteristics
by Seelman, Kristie L. & Forge, Nicholas & Walls, N. Eugene & Bridges, Nadine
- 30-39 Linking state child care and child welfare policies and populations: Implications for children, families, and policymakers
by Meloy, Mary Elizabeth & Lipscomb, Shannon T. & Baron, Madeline J.
- 40-49 It's not as simple as it sounds: Problems and solutions in accessing and using administrative child welfare data for evaluating the impact of early childhood interventions
by Green, Beth L. & Ayoub, Catherine & Bartlett, Jessica Dym & Furrer, Carrie & Von Ende, Adam & Chazan-Cohen, Rachel & Klevens, Joanne & Nygren, Peggy
- 50-59 Better Futures: A validated model for increasing postsecondary preparation and participation of youth in foster care with mental health challenges
by Phillips, Lee Ann & Powers, Laurie E. & Geenen, Sarah & Schmidt, Jessica & Winges-Yanez, Nichole & McNeely, Isha Charlie & Merritt, Lindsay & Williamson, Candis & Turner, Shannon & Zweben, Harry & Bodner, Celeste
- 60-67 Factors affecting permanency for legally free children & youth: A study of Colorado's legally free population across age groups, 2008–2014
by Elgin, Dallas J. & Sushinsky, Jonathan & Johnson, Andrew & Russo, Gretchen & Sewell, Tiffany
- 68-74 Factors reducing the risk of internet addiction in young people in their home environment
by Wąsiński, Arkadiusz & Tomczyk, Łukasz
- 75-82 Using child welfare assessments and latent class analysis to identify prevalence and comorbidity of parent service needs
by Jarpe-Ratner, Elizabeth & Bellamy, Jennifer L. & Yang, Duck-Hye & Smithgall, Cheryl
- 83-89 Immigration enforcement and mixed-status families: The effects of risk of deportation on Medicaid use
by Vargas, Edward D.
- 90-97 Strengthening youth participation in civic engagement: Applying the Convention on the Rights of the Child to social work practice
by Richards-Schuster, Katie & Pritzker, Suzanne
- 98-105 Exploring inequities in child welfare and child protection services: Explaining the ‘inverse intervention law’
by Bywaters, Paul & Brady, Geraldine & Sparks, Tim & Bos, Elizabeth & Bunting, Lisa & Daniel, Brigid & Featherstone, Brid & Morris, Kate & Scourfield, Jonathan
- 106-111 Mental health outcomes among child welfare investigated children: In-home versus out-of-home care
by Conn, Anne-Marie & Szilagyi, Moira A. & Jee, Sandra H. & Blumkin, Aaron K. & Szilagyi, Peter G.
- 112-126 Exiting or retaining owner-occupied housing in the United States 1999–2009: How do social programs matter?
by Berger, Lawrence M. & Collins, J. Michael & Smeeding, Timothy M.
- 127-133 Child-centered play therapy with young children who are anxious: A controlled trial
by Stulmaker, Hayley L. & Ray, Dee C.
- 134-140 Workplace stress and job satisfaction among child protective service workers in South Korea: Focusing on the buffering effects of protective factors
by Chung, Youngsoon & Chun, JongSerl
- 141-148 An examination of the relationships between professional quality of life, adverse childhood experiences, resilience, and work environment in a sample of human service providers
by Hiles Howard, Amanda R. & Parris, Sheri & Hall, Jordan S. & Call, Casey D. & Razuri, Erin Becker & Purvis, Karyn B. & Cross, David R.
- 149-158 Invisible children? Professional bricolage in child protection
by Alberth, Lars & Bühler-Niederberger, Doris
- 159-170 A multidimensional child poverty index in China
by Qi, Di & Wu, Yichao
- 171-178 The Treatment Outcome Package (TOP): A multi-dimensional level of care matrix for child welfare
by Kraus, David R. & Baxter, Elizabeth E. & Alexander, Pamela C. & Bentley, Jordan H.
- 179-192 Does SNAP serve as a safety net for mothers facing an economic shock? An analysis of Black and White unwed mothers' responses to paternal imprisonment
by Chung, Yiyoon
- 193-200 Crossover youth post arrest: Placement status and recidivism
by Huang, Hui & Ryan, Joseph P. & Sappleton, Antoinette & Chiu, Yu-Ling
- 201-211 Do poorer youth have fewer friends? The role of household and child economic resources in adolescent school-class friendships
by Hjalmarsson, Simon & Mood, Carina