Journal of Asian Economics
2011, Volume 22, Issue 6
- 483-494 Monetary policy rules for a developing country: Evidence from Pakistan
by Aleem, Abdul & Lahiani, Amine
- 495-506 Herding behaviour in the Chinese and Indian stock markets
by Lao, Paulo & Singh, Harminder
- 507-517 Responding to the global financial crisis: Vietnamese exchange rate policy, 2008–2009
by Takagi, Shinji & Pham, Thi Hoang Anh
- 518-527 An empirical study on the hysteresis of currency substitution in Cambodia
by Samreth, Sovannroeun
- 528-539 The stability of the Phillips curve in India: Does the Lucas critique apply?
by Mazumder, Sandeep
- 540-549 Political instability and inflation in Pakistan
by Khan, Safdar Ullah & Saqib, Omar Farooq
- 550-557 Real interest parity: A note on Asian countries using panel stationarity tests
by Holmes, Mark J. & Otero, Jesús & Panagiotidis, Theodore
2011, Volume 22, Issue 5
- 343-355 Can inflation targeting regimes be effective in developing countries? The Turkish experience
by Akyurek, Cem & Kutan, Ali M. & Yilmazkuday, Hakan
- 356-368 Testing contagion of the 1997-98 crisis in Asian stock markets with structural breaks and incubation periods
by Baek, In-Mee & Jun, Jongbyung
- 369-382 "Keep silent and make money": Institutional patterns of earnings management in China
by Li, Shaomin & Selover, David D. & Stein, Michael
- 383-397 Production sharing and trade flows: A comparative analysis of Japan and the US
by Yamashita, Nobuaki
- 398-411 Labor supply response and preferences specification: Estimates for prime-age males in Japan
by Bessho, Shun-ichiro & Hayashi, Masayoshi
- 412-426 Does family planning help the employment of women? The case of India
by Francavilla, Francesca & Giannelli, Gianna Claudia
2011, Volume 22, Issue 4
- 267-283 A real model of transitional growth and competitiveness in China
by Lipschitz, Leslie & Rochon, Céline & Verdier, Geneviève
- 284-294 Trade, productivity, and innovation: Firm-level evidence from Malaysian manufacturing
by Lee, Cassey
- 295-301 Border effects in the variability of rice price in the Indian subcontinent: Results from a natural experiment
by Morshed, A.K.M. Mahbub
- 302-310 Trilemma and macroeconomic policies under different financial structures in Indonesia
by Hadiwibowo, Yuniarto & Komatsu, Masaaki
- 311-321 The road to recovery: Fiscal stimulus, financial sector rehabilitation, and potential risks ahead
by Zhang, Zhiwei & Zhang, Wenlang
- 322-334 A model of bank lending in the global financial crisis and the case of Korea
by Leony, Larissa & Romeu, Rafael
- 335-342 Financial development, foreign investment and economic growth in Malaysia
by Anwar, Sajid & Sun, Sizhong
2011, Volume 22, Issue 3
- 203-212 Air cargo transport in APEC: Regulation and effects on merchandise trade
by Geloso Grosso, Massimo & Shepherd, Ben
- 213-221 Factor adjustment implications of a free trade agreement between the United States and Thailand
by Clark, Don P.
- 222-234 Determinants of foreign direct investment in Cambodia
by Cuyvers, Ludo & Soeng, Reth & Plasmans, Joseph & Van Den Bulcke, Daniel
- 235-246 Accessibility to microcredit by Chinese rural households
by Li, Xia & Gan, Christopher & Hu, Baiding
- 247-258 Revisiting the empirical existence of the Phillips curve for India
by Singh, B. Karan & Kanakaraj, A. & Sridevi, T.O.
- 259-266 The relationship between liquidity and returns on the Chinese stock market
by Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Zheng, Xinwei
2011, Volume 22, Issue 2
- 99-114 Capital ratios and the cross-section of bank stock returns: Evidence from Japan
by Chen, Sichong
- 115-127 Lao economic policies and effective rates of protection
by Marks, Stephen V.
- 128-141 Industrial productivity and convergence in Chinese regions: The effects of entering the world trade organisation
by Martí, Luisa & Puertas, Rosa & Fernández, J. Ismael
- 142-151 Repeat migration and remittances: Evidence from Thai migrant workers
by Lee, Sang-Hyop & Sukrakarn, Nopparat & Choi, Jin-Young
- 152-163 Do FDI spillovers vary among home economies?: Evidence from Indonesian manufacturing
by Takii, Sadayuki
- 164-173 Data revisions in India: Implications for monetary policy
by Kishor, N. Kundan
- 174-188 The effects of uncertainty dynamics on exports, imports and productivity growth
by Mahadevan, Renuka & Suardi, Sandy
- 189-201 Social safety nets and nutrient deprivation: An analysis of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Program and the Public Distribution System in India
by Jha, Raghbendra & Bhattacharyya, Sambit & Gaiha, Raghav
2011, Volume 22, Issue 1
- 1-22 Asian FTAs: Trends, prospects and challenges
by Kawai, Masahiro & Wignaraja, Ganeshan
- 23-35 Cost efficiency, determinants, and risk preferences in banking: A case of stochastic frontier analysis in the Philippines
by Manlagñit, Maria Chelo V.
- 36-47 The stock market in China: An endogenous adjustment process responding to the demands of economic reform and growth
by Xu, Lilai & Oh, K.B.
- 48-60 Taxation, human capital formation, and long-run growth with private investment in education
by Tobing, Elwin
- 61-75 Supply response to changes in agricultural commodity prices in Asian countries
by Imai, Katsushi S. & Gaiha, Raghav & Thapa, Ganesh
- 76-83 The North Korean economy: Escape from import-led growth
by Sato, Sumie & Fukushige, Mototsugu
- 84-98 Banks total factor productivity change in a developing economy: Does ownership and origins matter?
by Sufian, Fadzlan
2010, Volume 21, Issue 6
- 505-513 An empirical analysis of ASEAN's labor-intensive exports
by Thorbecke, Willem
- 514-525 US-Thailand trade at the commodity level and the role of the real exchange rate
by Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Satawatananon, Kaveepot
- 526-539 What does South Korean inflation targeting target?
by Sánchez, Marcelo
- 540-551 A New Keynesian model for analysing monetary policy in Mainland China
by Liu, Li-gang & Zhang, Wenlang
- 552-563 Empirical modeling of Japan's markup and inflation, 1976-2000
by Kurita, Takamitsu
- 564-578 Monetary targeting for price stability in Bangladesh: How stable is its money demand function and the linkage between money supply growth and inflation?
by Hossain, Akhand Akhtar
- 579-592 Comparing marginal commodity tax reforms in Japan and Korea
by Urakawa, Kunio & Oshio, Takashi
- 593-594 A. Shah, S. Thomas and M. Gorham , India's Financial Markets: An Insider's Guide to How the Markets Work, Elsevier Publications, Amsterdam (2008) pp. 241, Price: US$ 74.95, ISBN: 978-0-12-374251-3
by Viswanath, P.V.
2010, Volume 21, Issue 5
- 425-444 The external and domestic side of macroeconomic adjustment in China
by Straub, Roland & Thimann, Christian
- 445-455 Revisiting the shocking aspects of Asian monetary unification
by Genberg, Hans & Siklos, Pierre L.
- 456-465 What Drives Monetary Policy in Post-Crisis East Asia? Interest Rate or Exchange Rate Monetary Policy Rules
by Cavoli, Tony
- 466-475 An empirical assessment of the relationship between competition policy and investment
by Sudsawasd, Sasatra
- 476-484 Forecasting the Yen/U.S. Dollar exchange rate: Empirical evidence from a capital enhanced relative PPP-based model
by Grossmann, Axel & Simpson, Marc W.
- 485-493 Patterns and determinants of intra-industry trade in Asia
by Sawyer, William C. & Sprinkle, Richard L. & Tochkov, Kiril
- 494-501 Bivariate probit analysis of differences between male and female formal employment in urban China
by Chen, Guifu & Hamori, Shigeyuki
- 502-503 R.F. Doner, The Politics of Uneven Development. Thailand's Economic Growth in Comparative Perspective , Cambridge University Press, New York (2009) ISBN 978-0-521-73611-4 pp. xv+351, $80.00
by Weber, Karl E.
- 504-504 T. Latter, Hong Kong's Money: The History, Logic and Operation of the Currency Peg , Hong Kong University Press (2007) ISBN 978-962-209-876-3 155 pp.
by Asdrubali, Pierfederico
2010, Volume 21, Issue 4
- 327-332 Stock returns and investment trust flows in the Japanese financial market: A system approach
by Cha, Heung-Joo & Kim, Jaebeom
- 333-344 Why is Chinese provincial output diverging?
by Westerlund, Joakim & Edgerton, David L. & Opper, Sonja
- 345-354 The economics of natural disasters in a developing country: The case of Vietnam
by Noy, Ilan & Vu, Tam Bang
- 355-364 Provincial fiscal positions and business cylce synchronization across China
by Lan, Yuexing & Sylwester, Kevin
- 365-377 Taiwanese industry competitiveness when outward FDI is defensive
by Sun, Ling & Fulginiti, Lilyan E. & Chen, Yo-Chan
- 378-390 Evaluating mutual fund performance in an emerging Asian economy: The Malaysian experience
by Lai, Ming-Ming & Lau, Siok-Hwa
- 391-403 An empirical analysis of Sri Lanka's Manufacturing Productivity slow-down
by Bandara, Yapa M.W.Y. & Karunaratne, Neil D.
- 404-411 Investigating the relationship between health and economic growth: Empirical evidence from a panel of 5 Asian countries
by Narayan, Seema & Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Mishra, Sagarika
- 412-420 The residential demand for electricity in Japan: An examination using empirical panel analysis techniques
by Nakajima, Tadahiro
- 421-422 K.G. Karmakar, Editor, Microfinance in India, Sage Publications, New Delhi (2008) ISBN 978-0761936268 256 pp., $59.95
by Sarangapani, Alpana
- 423-424 M. Noland and H. Pack, The Arab Economies in a Changing World , Peterson Institute for International Economics, Washington, DC (2007) ISBN 978-0881323931 350 pp., $29.95
by Viswanath, P.V.
2010, Volume 21, Issue 3
- 239-241 The financial crisis of 2008-2009: Origins, issues, and prospects
by Claessens, Stijn & Kose, M. Ayhan
- 242-246 Monetary policy flexibility, risk management, and financial disruptions
by Mishkin, Frederic S.
- 247-264 The global financial crisis: How similar? How different? How costly?
by Claessens, Stijn & Ayhan Kose, M. & Terrones, Marco E.
- 265-279 Crises in Asia: Historical perspectives and implications
by Hong, Kiseok & Lee, Jong-Wha & Tang, Hsiao Chink
- 280-292 How does the US credit crisis affect the Asia-Pacific economies?--Analysis based on a general equilibrium model
by Zhang, Wenlang & Zhang, Zhiwei & Han, Gaofeng
- 293-303 The impact of the global financial crisis on business cycles in Asian emerging economies
by Fidrmuc, Jarko & Korhonen, Iikka
- 304-313 Return and volatility spillovers among the East Asian equity markets
by Yilmaz, Kamil
- 314-326 Contagion and risk premia in the amplification of crisis: Evidence from Asian names in the global CDS market
by Kim, Don H. & Loretan, Mico & Remolona, Eli M.
2010, Volume 21, Issue 2
- 105-112 Inflation and inflation uncertainty in the ASEAN-5 economies
by Jiranyakul, Komain & Opiela, Timothy P.
- 113-128 Effectiveness and commitment to inflation targeting policy: Evidence from Indonesia and Thailand
by Siregar, Reza Yamora & Goo, Siwei
- 129-141 Bank profitability and the bank lending channel: Evidence from China
by Gunji, Hiroshi & Yuan, Yuan
- 142-155 Equal Employment Opportunity Law and the gender wage gap in Japan: A cohort analysis
by Abe, Yukiko
- 156-173 Modelling value-added tax in the presence of multi-production and differentiated exemptions
by Giesecke, James A. & Nhi, Tran Hoang
- 174-185 Japan's inflation under the Bretton Woods system: How large was the Balassa-Samuelson effect?
by Imai, Hiroyuki
- 186-197 Transmission mechanism of monetary policy in India
by Aleem, Abdul
- 198-218 Superior female education: Explaining the gender earnings gap trend in Thailand
by Nakavachara, Voraprapa
- 219-232 Is the post-reform growth of the Indian manufacturing sector efficiency driven? Empirical evidence from plant-level data
by Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Kumbhakar, Subal C.
- 233-234 Y. Huang, Capitalism with Chinese Characteristics: Entrepreneurship and the State , Cambridge, UK, Cambridge University Press (2008) ISBN 978-0521898102 p. 348, $30
by Jacob, Anil G.
- 235-236 Y. Deng, China's Struggle for Status: The Realignment of International Relations , Cambridge University Press, New York (2008) ISBN 978-0521714150 312 pp., price $29.99
by Trivedi, Prem
- 237-238 X.-y. Dong, S. Song and X. Zhang, Editors, China's Agricultural Development: Challenges and Prospects, Ashgate Publishing, Hampshire, UK (2006) ISBN 0-7546-4696-3 311 pp., $130
by Ghosh, Madhusudan
2010, Volume 21, Issue 1
- 1-19 Was the Asian crisis a wake-up call?: Foreign reserves as self-protection
by Mendoza, Ronald U.
- 20-36 Structural reform, intra-regional trade, and medium-term growth prospects of East Asia and the Pacific--Perspectives from a new multi-region model
by N'Diaye, Papa & Zhang, Ping & Zhang, Wenlang
- 37-52 Impacts of trade liberalisation on aggregate import in Bangladesh: An ARDL Bounds test approach
by Hoque, Mohammad Monjurul & Yusop, Zulkornain
- 53-65 Cost efficiency, economies of scale, technological progress and productivity in Indonesian banks
by Margono, Heru & Sharma, Subhash C. & Melvin II, Paul D.
- 66-75 Globalization, transparency and economic growth: The vulnerability of Chinese firms to macroeconomic shocks
by Oxelheim, Lars
- 76-86 Pay as incentive or pay as reward? The case of Taiwan
by Yang, Sheng-Ping & DeBeaumont, Ronald
- 87-104 How dependent is the Chinese economy on exports and in what sense has its growth been export-led?
by He, Dong & Zhang, Wenlang
2009, Volume 20, Issue 6
- 593-595 China, Japan and the United States: Deeper economic integration
by Greaney, Theresa M. & Lovely, Mary E.
- 596-610 Decomposing China-Japan-U.S. trade: Vertical specialization, ownership, and organizational form
by Dean, Judith M. & Lovely, Mary E. & Mora, Jesse
- 611-625 Assessing foreign direct investment relationships between China, Japan, and the United States
by Greaney, Theresa M. & Li, Yao
- 626-639 Knowledge spillovers from FDI in China: The role of educated labor in multinational enterprises
by Todo, Yasuyuki & Zhang, Weiying & Zhou, Li-An
- 640-654 Global production networks and China's processing trade
by Ma, Alyson C. & Van Assche, Ari & Hong, Chang
- 655-668 Revaluation of the Chinese Yuan and triad trade: A gravity assessment
by Yu, Miaojie
- 669-687 U.S.-Japan and U.S.-China trade conflict: Export growth, reciprocity, and the international trading system
by Bown, Chad P. & McCulloch, Rachel
- 688-699 China-Japan-United States integration amid global rebalancing: A computable general equilibrium analysis
by Kawai, Masahiro & Zhai, Fan
- 700-713 The triad in crisis: What we learned and how it will change global cooperation
by Petri, Peter A. & Plummer, Michael G.
2009, Volume 20, Issue 5
- 507-518 Inflation in developing Asia
by Jongwanich, Juthathip & Park, Donghyun
- 519-535 A tale of Asian exchange rate management: Romance of the three currencies
by Sheng, Andrew & Kwek, Kian-Teng & Cho, Cho-Wai
- 536-548 Origins of the financial crisis and requirements for reform
by Blundell-Wignall, Adrian & Atkinson, Paul
- 549-560 Does an upper limit on foreign direct investment matter?: The case of Taiwan
by Hung, Chih-Young & Chiang, Yi-Hui
- 561-569 Contagion in the stock markets: The Asian financial crisis revisited
by Khan, Saleheen & Park, Kwang Woo (Ken)
- 570-579 The evolution of renminbi yuan and the protracted debate on its undervaluation: An integrated review
by Das, Dilip K.
- 580-591 The impact of data snooping on the testing of technical analysis: An empirical study of Asian stock markets
by Chen, Cheng-Wei & Huang, Chin-Sheng & Lai, Hung-Wei
2009, Volume 20, Issue 4
- 353-366 Multivariate contagion and interdependence
by Baur, Dirk G. & Fry, Renée A.
- 367-383 Trade facilitation in ASEAN member countries: Measuring progress and assessing priorities
by Shepherd, Ben & Wilson, John S.
- 384-395 Famine in North Korea Redux?
by Haggard, Stephan & Noland, Marcus
- 396-409 Can good events lead to bad outcomes? Endogenous banking crises and fiscal policy responses
by Feltenstein, Andrew & Rochon, Céline
- 410-418 High productivity before or after exports? An empirical analysis of Korean manufacturing firms
by Kim, Soo-Il & Gopinath, Munisamy & Kim, Hanho
- 419-426 Public investment and business cycles: The case of Japan
by Miyazaki, Tomomi
- 427-442 Price variability and price convergence: Evidence from Indonesia
by Wimanda, Rizki E.
- 443-455 Is the development of the agro-processing industry pro-poor?: The case of Thailand
by Watanabe, Michio & Jinji, Naoto & Kurihara, Mitsuyo
- 456-464 "Capture" of anti-poverty programs: An analysis of the National Rural Employment Guarantee Program in India
by Jha, Raghbendra & Bhattacharyya, Sambit & Gaiha, Raghav & Shankar, Shylashri
- 465-478 Ownership, performance and executive turnover in China
by Chi, Wei & Wang, Yijiang
- 479-488 In search of the Phillips curve for India
by Paul, Biru Paksha
- 489-504 The contribution of increased life expectancy to economic development in twentieth century Japan
by Hickson, Kerry Jane
- 505-506 Y.C. Park, T. Ito and Y. Wang, Editors, A New Financial Market Structure for East Asia: Process and Outcomes in Infrastructure Industries, Edgar Elgar Publishing, Cheltanham, UK (2006) Price: $215, ISBN: 978-1843769439
by Halemane, T. Raya
2009, Volume 20, Issue 3
- 203-204 Special issue JAE 25th ACAES conference selected papers Asian economic integration in a global context
by Plummer, Michael G.
- 205-224 Navigating the trilemma: Capital flows and monetary policy in China
by Glick, Reuven & Hutchison, Michael
- 225-239 External adjustments and coordinated exchange rate policy in Asia
by Ogawa, Eiji & Iwatsubo, Kentaro
- 240-254 Regional integration in Asia and its effects on the EU and North America
by Lee, Hiro & Owen, Robert F. & van der Mensbrugghe, Dominique
- 255-268 Have Asian trade agreements reduced trade costs?
by Pomfret, Richard & Sourdin, Patricia
- 269-279 The ASEAN dollar standard in the post-crisis era: A reconsideration
by Click, Reid W.
- 280-293 China's post-economic reform growth: The role of FDI and productivity progress
by Tuan, Chyau & Ng, Linda F.Y. & Zhao, Bo
- 294-313 U.S. current account debate with Japan then, with China now
by Ito, Hiro
- 314-326 Financial integration in East Asia: Evidence from panel unit root and panel cointegration tests
by Guillaumin, Cyriac
- 327-335 ASEAN FTA, distribution of income, and globalization
by Ariyasajjakorn, Danupon & Gander, James P. & Ratanakomut, Somchai & Reynolds, Stephen E.
- 336-347 Measuring China's monetary sterilization and autonomy in the era of globalization: 1995-2005
by Wu, Ying
2009, Volume 20, Issue 2
- 89-97 Measuring Chinese business cycles with dynamic factor models
by Wang, Jin-ming & Gao, Tie-mei & McNown, Robert
- 98-109 Do FX traders in Bishkek have similar perceptions to their London colleagues?: Survey evidence of market practitioners' views
by Fischer, Andreas M. & Isakova, Gulzina & Termechikov, Ulanbek
- 110-119 Intergenerational earnings mobility in Singapore and the United States
by Ng, Irene Y.H. & Shen, Xiaoyi & Ho, Kong Weng
- 120-136 Information economy and inequality: Wage polarization, unemployment, and occupation transition in Taiwan since 1980
by Wang, Wei-Ching
- 137-149 Is education the panacea for economic deprivation of Muslims?: Evidence from wage earners in India, 1987-2005
by Bhaumik, Sumon Kumar & Chakrabarty, Manisha
- 150-155 Economic research and economic growth: Evidence from East Asian economies
by Jin, Jang C.
- 156-173 Growth accounting for a technology follower in a world of ideas: The case of Singapore
by Ho, Kong Weng & Hoon, Hian Teck
- 174-196 Volatility dependence across Asia-Pacific onshore and offshore currency forwards markets
by Colavecchio, Roberta & Funke, Michael
- 197-198 A. Giroud, A.T. Mohr and D. Yang, Editors, Multinationals and Asia--Organizational and Institutional Relationships, International Business in Asia Series, Routledge, Oxon, UK (2005) ISBN 978-0415343237 224 pp., $170
by Halemane, T. Raya
- 199-200 Islam, Iyanatul, Hossain and Moazzam, Editors, Globalisation and the Asia-Pacific, Edward Elger Publishing, Cheltenham, UK (2006) pp. 233, ISBN: 978-1845425791, $115
by Naquvi, Syed-Mohsin
- 201-202 S. Wong, Exploring "Unseen" Social Capital in Community Participation: Everyday Lives of Poor Mainland Chinese Migrants in Hong Kong , Amsterdam University Press, Amsterdam (2007) ISBN 9789053560341
by Colatrella, Steven
2009, Volume 20, Issue 1
- 1-12 Business cycle synchronisation in East Asia
by Moneta, Fabio & Rüffer, Rasmus
- 13-24 Monetary policy and the behaviour of inflation in India: Is there a need for institutional reform?
by Srinivasan, Naveen & Jain, Sumit & Ramachandran, M.
- 25-33 Macroeconomic management amid ethnic diversity: Fifty years of Malaysian experience
by Menon, Jayant
- 34-49 Public-private sector segmentation in the Pakistani labour market
by Aslam, Monazza & Kingdon, Geeta
- 50-61 An alternative Indian model?
by Grabowski, Richard
- 62-68 Globalization and economic inequality in the short and long run: The case of South Korea 1975-1995
by Sato, Sumie & Fukushige, Mototsugu
- 69-76 Modernization, inter-caste marriage, and dowry: An analytical perspective
by Self, Sharmistha & Grabowski, Richard
- 77-86 Returns to private and public education in Bangladesh and Pakistan: A comparative analysis
by Asadullah, M. Niaz
- 87-88 The Political Economy of the SARS Epidemic: The Impact on Human Resources in East Asia, Grace O.M. Lee, Malcolm Warner, Routledge London and New York, 2008, xxii+168 pp. $19.95, ISBN: 0-415-39498-8
by Kiefer, David
2008, Volume 19, Issue 5-6
- 373-377 A tribute to Seiji Naya
by La Croix, Sumner & Iboshi, Pearl Imada & Kea, Janis
- 378-388 A new institutional approach to pro-poor agricultural development: Lessons from Asia
by Roumasset, James
- 389-399 East Asian economic development: Two demographic dividends
by Mason, Andrew & Kinugasa, Tomoko
- 400-412 From plan to market in the health sector?: China's experience
by Eggleston, Karen & Wang, Jian & Rao, Keqin
- 413-424 Trade, foreign firms and economic policy in Indonesian and Thai manufacturing
by James, William E. & Ramstetter, Eric D.
- 425-437 The miracle to crisis and the mirage of the postcrisis reform in Korea: Assessment after ten years
by Lee, Keun & Lee, Chung H.
- 438-446 The Washington Consensus: A post-mortem
by McCleery, Robert K. & De Paolis, Fernando
- 447-454 Effects of regional integration on FDI: An empirical approach
by Kreinin, Mordechai E. & Plummer, Michael G.
- 455-466 China trade: Busting gravity's bounds
by Edmonds, Christopher & La Croix, Sumner & Li, Yao
- 467-473 The meaning of "social safety nets"
by Paitoonpong, Srawooth & Abe, Shigeyuki & Puopongsakorn, Nipon
- 474-485 Indonesian economic development: Mirage or miracle?
by Dowling, J. Malcolm & Yap, Chin-Fang
2008, Volume 19, Issue 4
- 301-311 The transition from imitation to innovation: An enquiry into China's evolving institutions and firm capabilities
by Dobson, Wendy & Safarian, A.E.
- 312-324 Efficiency change and productivity growth in agriculture: A comparative analysis for selected East Asian economies
by Luh, Yir-Hueih & Chang, Ching-Cheng & Huang, Fung-Mey
- 325-333 IT, enterprise reform, and productivity in Chinese manufacturing firms
by Motohashi, Kazuyuki
- 334-347 The role of creative innovation in economic growth: Some international comparisons
by LeBel, Phillip
- 348-357 The impact of past growth on poverty in Chinese provinces
by Chambers, Dustin & Wu, Ying & Yao, Hong
- 358-370 EU-China and the non-transparent race for inward FDI
by Oxelheim, Lars & Ghauri, Pervez
- 371-372 Riordan Roett and Guadalupe Paz, Editors, China's Expansion into the Western Hemisphere, Brookings Institution Press (2008) 276 pp.
by Pearson, Charles
2008, Volume 19, Issue 3
- 199-212 Real effects of common currencies in East Asia
by Shirono, Kazuko
- 213-223 Clothes without an Emperor: Analysis of the preferential tariffs in ASEAN
by Manchin, Miriam & Pelkmans-Balaoing, Annette O.
- 224-235 Consumer preferences and cost of living in Taiwan
by Lieu, Pang-Tien & Liang, Jung-Hui & Chen, Jui-Hui
- 236-243 The bilateral J-curve: Turkey versus her 13 trading partners
by Halicioglu, Ferda
- 244-253 Does rapid economic growth enhance democratization? Time-series evidence from high performing Asian economies
by Tang, Sam Hak Kan & Yung, Linda Chor Wing
- 254-258 Tests of microeconomic foundations of Asian common currency areas
by Swofford, James L.
- 259-293 Labour use efficiency in the Indian and Pakistani commercial banks
by Jaffry, Shabbar & Ghulam, Yaseen & Cox, Joe
- 294-295 Charles Harvey, Hyun-Hoon Lee and Junggun Oh, The Korean Economy: Post-Crisis Policies, Issues and Prospects , Edgar Elgar Publishing, Inc., Cheltanham, UK (2004) ISBN 1-84376-244-7 xii+324 pp.
by Satyasai, K.J.S.
- 296-297 X.-y. Dong, S. Song and X. Zhang, Editors, China's Agricultural Development--Challenges and Prospects, Ashgate Publishing, Hampshire, UK (2006) ISBN 0-7546-4696-3 pp. xii + 311
by Ghosh, Madhusudan
2008, Volume 19, Issue 2
- 101-116 Interdependencies among Asian bond markets
by Johansson, Anders C.
- 117-124 Singapore's recurrent budget surplus: The role of conservative growth forecasts
by Abeysinghe, Tilak & Jayawickrama, Ananda
- 125-137 Overeducation and undereducation in Taiwan
by Hung, Chia-Yu
- 138-154 Women's labor force participation and marriage: The case of Korea
by Lee, Bun Song & Jang, Soomyung & Sarkar, Jayanta
- 155-169 The liquidity trap: Japan, 1996-2001 versus the United States, 1933-1940
by Sato, Kazuo
- 170-180 Dynamic model of childbearing and labor force participation of married women: Empirical evidence from Korea and Japan
by Ueda, Atsuko
- 181-193 Market structure, conduct and performance: Evidence from the Bangladesh banking industry
by Samad, Abdus
- 194-195 Yoshiro Miwa and J. Mark Ramseyer, The Fable of the Keiretsu: Urban Legends of the Japanese Economy , The University of Chicago Press, Chicago and London (2006) ISBN 978-0226532707 pp. 192, $32.50
by Panda, Hrushikesh
- 196-197 A. Galal and R.Z. Lawrence, Anchoring Reform with a US-Egypt Free Trade Agreement , Institute for International Economics, Washington, DC (2005) 77 pp., $20, ISBN: 0-88132-368-2
by Peterson, E. Wesley F.
2008, Volume 19, Issue 1
- 1-28 Changing nature of North-South linkages: Stylized facts and explanations
by AkIn, Cigdem & Kose, M. Ayhan
- 29-39 Foreign ownership, technological capabilities and clothing exports in Sri Lanka
by Wignaraja, Ganeshan
- 40-52 Behavioral and empirical perspectives on FDI: International capital allocation across Asia
by Brooks, Douglas H. & Roland-Holst, David & Zhai, Fan
- 53-73 Exchange rates, global imbalances, and interdependence in East Asia
by Mazier, Jacques & Oh, YongHyup & Saglio, Sophie
- 74-82 East Asian rankings of economics departments
by Jin, Jang C. & Hong, Jin-Heon
- 83-91 Macroeconomic impact of monetary policy shocks: Evidence from recent experience in Thailand
by Kubo, Akihiro
- 92-96 A note on educational performance of economics graduate programs in East and Southeast Asia
by Okazaki, Koji
- 97-98 M. Dutta J. Tinbergen and D.W. Jorgenson, Editors, European Union and the Euro Revolution: vol. 283 in the series "Contributions to Economic Analysis", Elsevier, Amsterdam (2007) 235 pp
by Winder, James P.