The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics
2009, Volume 9, Issue 1
- 1-17 Transitional Dynamics in the Solow-Swan Growth Model with AK Technology and Logistic Population Change
by Bucci Alberto & Guerrini Luca
2008, Volume 8, Issue 1
- 1-42 Monetary Policy and Fiscal Rules
by Annicchiarico Barbara & Marini Giancarlo & Piergallini Alessandro
- 1-61 Monetary Policy under Downward Nominal Wage Rigidity
by Carlsson Mikael & Westermark Andreas
- 1-50 Downward Nominal Wage Rigidity in the OECD
by Holden Steinar & Wulfsberg Fredrik
- 1-48 Africa: Is Aid an Answer?
by Caucutt Elizabeth M & Kumar Krishna B.
- 1-47 Advent of Industrial Mass Production: Three Stages of Economic Development
by Bhattacharya Rudrani & Das Satya P
- 1-44 Non-Linearities and Unit Roots in G7 Macroeconomic Variables
by Aksoy Yunus & Leon-Ledesma Miguel A.
- 1-43 Unemployment, Imperfect Risk Sharing, and the Monetary Business Cycle
by Givens Gregory E
- 1-39 Choosing Longevity with Overlapping Generations: To Be or Not to Be in Diamond's Model
by Chen Weichun & Engineer Merwan H & King Ian P
- 1-38 Employment Growth in the American Urban Hierarchy: Long Live Distance
by Partridge Mark D. & Rickman Dan S & Ali Kamar & Olfert M. Rose
- 1-37 Cyclical Behavior of Unemployment and Job Vacancies: A Comparison between Canada and the United States
by Zhang Min
- 1-35 Forecasting with DSGE Models: The Role of Nonlinearities
by Pichler Paul
- 1-34 The Evolution of International Output Differences (1970-2000): From Factors to Productivity
by Ferreira Pedro C. & Pessoa Samuel A & Veloso Fernando A
- 1-33 Great Moderation(s) and US Interest Rates: Unconditional Evidence
by Nason James M. & Smith Gregor W
- 1-31 Endogenous Persistence and the Performance of Inertial Targeting Rules
by Hanson Michael S. & Kapinos Pavel S.
- 1-30 Inequality, Volatility and Labour Market Efficiency
by Uren Lawrence
- 1-29 Expected Equity Returns and the Demand for Money
by Stern Liliana V & Stern Michael L.
- 1-27 Mitigating the Growth-Effects of Inflation through Financial Development
by Bose Niloy & Murshid Antu P
- 1-26 The Japanese Depression in the Interwar Period: A General Equilibrium Analysis
by Saijo Hikaru
- 1-25 Technological Progress and the Urbanization Process
by Xie Danyang
- 1-23 Determinants of Bilateral Remittance Flows
by Lueth Erik & Ruiz-Arranz Marta
- 1-16 Estimating Returns to Schooling from State-Level Data: A Macro-Mincerian Approach
by Yamarik Steven J
- 1-12 On Equilibrium Determinacy in New Keynesian Models with Staggered Wage and Price Setting
by Flaschel Peter & Franke Reiner & Proaño Christian R.
2007, Volume 7, Issue 1
- 1-38 Stable Sunspot Equilibria in a Cash-in-Advance Economy
by Evans George W & Honkapohja Seppo M.S. & Marimon Ramon
- 1-50 Nominal Debt Dynamics, Credit Constraints and Monetary Policy
by Graham Liam & Wright Stephen
- 1-44 Rich, Poor and Growth-Miracle Nations: Multiple Equilibria Revisited
by Kylymnyuk Dmytro & Maliar Lilia & Maliar Serguei
- 1-41 The Response of Business Fixed Investment to Changes in Energy Prices: A Test of Some Hypotheses about the Transmission of Energy Price Shocks
by Edelstein Paul & Kilian Lutz
- 1-38 Economic Growth: A Channel Decomposition Exercise
by Wong Wei-Kang
- 1-37 To Pool or to Aggregate? Tests with a Dynamic Panel Macroeconometric Model of Australian State Labor Markets
by Chaudhuri Kausik & Sheen Jeffrey R
- 1-36 Euro Area Inflation Differentials
by Angeloni Ignazio & Ehrmann Michael
- 1-35 Savers, Spenders and Fiscal Policy in a Small Open Economy
by Matsen Egil & Sveen Tommy & Torvik Ragnar
- 1-33 Assessing Sign Restrictions
by Paustian Matthias
- 1-32 A Macroeconomic Model of Entry with Exporters and Multinationals
by Cavallari Lilia
- 1-31 Gold, Fiat Money, and Price Stability
by Bordo Michael D. & Dittmar Robert D & Gavin William T.
- 1-30 A Positive Analysis of Targeted Employment Protection Legislation
by Dolado Juan & Jansen Marcel & Jimeno Serrano Juan
- 1-27 Specialization Patterns and the Factor Bias of Technology
by Cuñat Alejandro & Maffezzoli Marco
- 1-26 Should Monetary Policy Use Long-Term Rates?
by Kulish Mariano
- 1-25 A Simple Wicksellian Macroeconomic Model
by Weise Charles
- 1-24 Housing Tenure and Wealth Distribution in Life Cycle Economies
by Silos Pedro
- 1-20 Exchange Rate Regimes, Inflation and Growth in Developing Countries -- An Assessment
by Bleaney Michael & Francisco Manuela
- 1-19 Optimal Monetary Policy, Endogenous Sticky Prices, and Multiple Equilibria
by Barseghyan Levon & DiCecio Riccardo
- 1-15 Political Sustainability of Unfunded Pensions in an Endogenous Growth Model
by Kwiek Maksymilian
- 1-14 The Political Economy of Numbers: On the Application of Benford's Law to International Macroeconomic Statistics
by Nye John & Moul Charles
2007, Volume 6, Issue 3
- 1-16 The Welfare Cost of Business Cycles in an Economy with Nonclearing Markets
by Portier Franck & Puch Luis A.
- 1-29 The Role of Government Commitment for Environmental Policy and Capital Movements
by Marsiliani Laura & Renström Thomas I
- 1-24 Stochastic Capital Depreciation and the Co-movement of Hours and Productivity
by Dueker Michael & Fischer Andreas & Dittmar Robert
2006, Volume 6, Issue 3
- 1-25 The Spirit of Capitalism and Asset Pricing: An Empirical Investigation
by Zhang Qiang
- 1-58 Heterogeneity in Price Stickiness and the Real Effects of Monetary Shocks
by Carvalho Carlos
- 1-46 Multi-product Firms, R&D, and Growth
by Minniti Antonio
- 1-20 Money Creation in a Random Matching Model
by Deviatov Alexei
- 1-17 How Would an Appreciation of the Renminbi Affect the U.S. Trade Deficit with China?
by Thorbecke Willem
2006, Volume 6, Issue 2
- 1-36 Exchange Rate Regimes, Specialization and Trade Volume
by Devereux Michael B & Voss Graham M
- 1-51 How Does the New Keynesian Monetary Model Fit in the U.S. and the Eurozone? An Indirect Inference Approach
by María-Dolores Ramón & Vázquez Jesús
- 1-41 Education, Growth, and Redistribution in the Presence of Capital Flight
by Chakrabarty Debajyoti & Chanda Areendam & Ghate Chetan
- 1-40 Measuring the Dissemination of Volatility across Levels of Development
by Edwards Jeffrey A & Thames Frank C. & Edwards Martin S.
- 1-39 Counter-Cyclical and Counter-Inflation Monetary Policy Rules and Comovement Properties of Money Growth
by Kim Soyoung
- 1-34 Literacy and Growth
by Coulombe Serge & Tremblay Jean-François
- 1-32 Inflation Targeting in Western Europe
by Moreno Antonio & Rey Luis
- 1-29 R&D Subsidies and the Surplus Appropriability Problem
by Sørensen Anders
- 1-26 A Refinement in the Specification of Empirical Macroeconomic Models as an Extension to the EBA Procedure
by Edwards Jeffrey A & Sams Alfred & Yang Benhua
- 1-25 Fertility Choice and Semi-Endogenous Growth: Where Becker Meets Jones
by Growiec Jakub
- 1-22 The Fed's Preference for Policy Rate Smoothing: Overestimation Due to Misspecification?
by Castelnuovo Efrem
- 1-18 Equilibrium Wage Dispersion: An Example
by Gaumont Damien & Schindler Martin & Wright Randall
2006, Volume 6, Issue 1
- 1-30 What Does the Solow Model Tell Us about Economic Growth?
by Okada Toshihiro
- 1-9 On the Use of Substitutability as a Measure of Competition
by Koeniger Winfried & Licandro Omar
- 1-6 Differentiability of the Efficient Frontier when Commitment to Risk Sharing is Limited
by Koeppl Thorsten V.
- 1-54 Quantitative Monetary Easing and Risk in Financial Asset Markets
by Kimura Takeshi & Small David H.
- 1-44 Quantifying the Effects of the Demographic Transition in Developing Economies
by Attanasio Orazio P. & Kitao Sagiri & Violante Giovanni L.
- 1-43 Convergence Across Italian Regions and the Role of Technological Catch-Up
by Maffezzoli Marco
- 1-42 Using Investment Data to Assess the Importance of Price Mismeasurement
by Comin Diego A
- 1-40 Can the AK Model Be Rescued? New Evidence from Unit Root Tests with Good Size and Power
by Romero-Avila Diego
- 1-39 The Relative Price and Relative Productivity Channels for Aggregate Fluctuations
by Swanson Eric T
- 1-36 A Search-Theoretic Monetary Business Cycle Model with Capital Formation
by Menner Martin
- 1-34 Job Separation Under Uncertainty and the Wage Distribution
by Prat Julien
- 1-33 Capital Maintenance versus Technology Adoption Under Embodied Technical Progress
by Boucekkine Raouf & Martínez Blanca & Saglam Cagri
- 1-31 The Allocation of Labor and Endogenous Search Decisions
by Uren Lawrence
- 1-30 Bank Lending with Imperfect Competition and Spillover Effects
by Altug Sumru G & Usman Murat
- 1-29 Inflation Inertia in Sticky Information Models
by Coibion Olivier
- 1-28 Does Inflation Grease the Wheels of the Labor Market?
by Loboguerrero Ana Maria & Panizza Ugo
- 1-27 Let a Thousand Models Bloom: The Advantages of Making the FOMC a Truly 'Open Market'
by Sumner Scott
- 1-26 Real Business Cycle Theory and the Great Depression: The Abandonment of the Abstentionist Viewpoint
by De Vroey Michel R & Pensieroso Luca
- 1-25 How Tight Should One's Hands be Tied? Fear of Floating and the Credibility of Exchange Rate Regimes
by Rodríguez-López Jesús & Rodriguez Mendizabal Hugo
- 1-23 A Model of Veblenian Growth
by Peng Baochun
- 1-20 Biased Technical Change and Capital-Labour Substitution in Finland, 1902-2003
by Jalava Jukka & Pohjola Matti & Ripatti Antti & Vilmunen Jouko
- 1-15 Long-Run Money Growth and the Liquidity Effect
by Cothren Richard & Edwards Jeffrey A
2005, Volume 5, Issue 1
- 1-42 Income Taxation, Productive Government Expenditure and Stochastic Growth: On Conditions for an Optimal Policy and the Role of the Risk Premium
by Clemens Christiane
- 1-50 The Great Inflation of the Seventies: What Really Happened?
by Nelson Edward
- 1-46 Indeterminacy and the Stability Puzzle in Non-Convex Economies
by Evans George W & McGough Bruce
- 1-43 Human Capital and Growth: An Alternative Accounting
by Rangazas Peter C
- 1-42 Vertical Diversity, Communication Gap and Equilibrium Growth
by Das Satya P
- 1-39 How Well Does the New Keynesian Sticky-Price Model Fit the Data?
by Roberts John M.
- 1-38 The 3-Equation New Keynesian Model --- A Graphical Exposition
by Carlin Wendy & Soskice David
- 1-36 Optimal Time-Consistent Taxation with International Mobility Of Capital
by Klein Paul & Quadrini Vincenzo & Rios-Rull Jose-Victor
- 1-34 The Effects of Industrialization on Education and Youth Labor in Indonesia
by Federman Maya & Levine David I.
- 1-33 Parameter Instability, Model Uncertainty and the Choice of Monetary Policy
by Favero Carlo A. & Milani Fabio
- 1-32 Growing Old Together: Firm Survival and Employee Turnover
by Quintin Erwan & Stevens John J.
- 1-31 Policy Effects in the Post Boom U.S. Economy
by Fair Ray C
- 1-30 Non-Scale Models of R&D-based Growth: The Market Solution
by Steger Thomas M.
- 1-29 The Effects of Reducing Firing Costs in Spain: A Lost Opportunity?
by Osuna Victoria
- 1-28 An Active Public Investment Rule and the Downsizing Experience in the US: 1960-2000
by Marrero Gustavo A.
- 1-27 The Buffer-Stock Consumption Model with Endogenous Income Shifts
by Malchow-Møller Nikolaj & Thorsen Bo Jellesmark
- 1-26 Indeterminacy, Stabilization Policy and Returns to Scale: A Re-Investigation
by Sim Nicholas C. S.
- 1-25 Should Developing Countries Strengthen their Intellectual Property Rights?
by Angeles Luis
- 1-24 Capital Accumulation in Private Information Economies
by Bohacek Radim
- 1-22 Optimal Fiscal Policy with Rationing in the Labor Market
by Gorostiaga Arantza
- 1-19 The Underestimated Virtues of the Two-sector AK Model
by Felbermayr Gabriel J & Licandro Omar
- 1-15 A Closed Form Ramsey Saddle Path
by Mehlum Halvor
- 1-14 U.S. Regional Income and Technology: A Unit-Root and Cointegration Study
by Alvi Eskander & Rahman Habibur
2004, Volume 4, Issue 1
- 1-30 Aggregate Price Changes and Dispersion: A Comparison of the Equity and Goods and Services Markets
by Parsley David C. & Popper Helen A.
- 1-46 Schumpeterian Growth, North-South Trade and Wage Rigidity
by Grieben Wolf-Heimo
- 1-40 What Does It Take to Explain Procyclical Productivity?
by Wen Yi
- 1-38 Unions and Workforce Adjustment Costs
by Piccirilli Giulio
- 1-36 Socio-Cultural Variables and Economic Success: Evidence from Italian Provinces 1951-1991
by Peri Giovanni
- 1-35 Creative Destruction and Policy in a Model of Endogenous Growth
by Mateos-Planas Xavier
- 1-34 The Dynamics of Fertility and Growth: Baby Boom, Bust and Bounce-Back
by Day Creina
- 1-32 Endogenous Distribution, Politics, and the Growth-Equity Tradeoff
by Das Satya P & Ghate Chetan
- 1-31 Do Federal Reserve Policy Surprises Reveal Superior Information about the Economy?
by Faust Jon & Swanson Eric T & Wright Jonathan H
- 1-28 The Relationship between Stock Prices, House Prices and Consumption in OECD Countries
by Ludwig Alexander & Sløk Torsten
- 1-25 Price Stability and Monetary Policy Effectiveness when Nominal Interest Rates are Bounded at Zero
by Coenen Günter & Orphanides Athanasios & Wieland Volker
- 1-24 Tariffs, Entry Regulation and Markups: Country Size Matters
by Hoekman Bernard & Kee Hiau Looi & Olarreaga Marcelo
- 1-23 Output Composition of the Monetary Policy Transmission Mechanism in Japan
by Fujiwara Ippei
- 1-22 The UK Household Sector Demand for Risky Money
by Elger Thomas & Binner Jane M.
- 1-20 Output Gap Uncertainty and Monetary Policy During the 1970s
by Spencer David E.
- 1-19 Imbalance Effects in the Lucas Model: an Analytical Exploration
by Boucekkine Raouf & Ruiz Tamarit Ramon
- 1-17 Assessing Aggregate Tests of Efficiency for Dynamic Economies
by Barbie Martin & Hagedorn Marcus & Kaul Ashok
- 1-16 Multiple Equilibria in Heterogeneous Expectations Models
by Branch William & McGough Bruce
- 1-15 Strictly Endogenous Growth with Non-renewable Resources Implies an Unbounded Growth Rate
by Groth Christian
2004, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-44 Unstable Relationships
by Burdett Kenneth & Imai Ryoichi & Wright Randall
2003, Volume 3, Issue 1
- 1-19 ``To Furnish an Elastic Currency'': Banking, Aggregate Risk, and Welfare
by Loewy Michael B.
- 1-7 Parente and Prescott's Theory May Work in Practice But Does Not Work in Theory
by Cozzi Guido & Palacios Luis-Felipe
- 1-65 Monetary Policy When the Nominal Short-Term Interest Rate is Zero
by Clouse James & Henderson Dale & Orphanides Athanasios & Small David H. & Tinsley P.A.
- 1-44 Idle Capital and Long-Run Productivity
by Dalgaard Carl-Johan
- 1-40 Endogenous Growth with Intertemporally Dependent Preferences
by Ferraguto Giuseppe & Pagano Patrizio
- 1-36 The Money Metric, Price and Quantity Aggregation and Welfare Measurement
by Hillinger Claude
- 1-33 Explaining Movements in the Labor Share
by Bentolila Samuel & Saint-Paul Gilles
- 1-30 Downward Nominal Wage Rigidity: Evidence from the Employment Cost Index
by Lebow David E & Saks Raven E & Wilson Beth Anne
- 1-28 High-Tech Human Capital: Do the Richest Countries Invest the Most?
by Neves Sequeira Tiago
- 1-26 An Analytical Approach to the Welfare Cost of Business Cycles and the Benefit from Activist Monetary Policy
by Kiley Michael T.
- 1-25 Sticky Prices, Coordination and Enforcement
by Driscoll John C & Ito Harumi
- 1-24 Finance Causes Growth: Can We Be So Sure?
by Manning Mark J
- 1-22 Balance of Payments Constrained Non-Scale Growth and the Population Puzzle
by Christiaans Thomas
- 1-21 On the Friedman Rule in Search Models with Divisible Money
by Berentsen Aleksander & Rocheteau Guillaume
- 1-20 Substitution Elasticities and Investment Dynamics in Two-Country Business Cycle Models
by Pakko Michael R.
- 1-18 The Politics of Endogenous Growth
by Ghate Chetan
- 1-16 The Human Capital Constraint: Of Increasing Returns, Education Choice and Coordination Failure
by Aiyar Shekhar
- 1-15 Fractional Integration with Bloomfield Disturbances in the Specification of Real Output in the G7 Countries
by Gil-Alana Luis A
2002, Volume 2, Issue 1
- 1-53 Inflation Stabilization and Welfare
by Woodford Michael
- 1-39 Do Rich Countries Choose Better Governments?
by Azariadis Costas & Lahiri Amartya
- 1-38 Divergence
by Beeson Patricia E. & DeJong David N.
- 1-33 The Revival of Scale Effects
by Todo Yasuyuki & Miyamoto Koji
- 1-32 Finance and Macroeconomic Volatility
by Denizer Cevdet A. & Iyigun Murat F. & Owen Ann
- 1-26 Optimal Taxation and Public Expenditure in a Model of Endogenous Growth
by Doménech Rafael & García Jose Ramón
- 1-25 Quality Improvements, the Structure of Employment, and the Skill-bias Hypothesis Revisited
by Grossmann Volker
- 1-21 On Modeling the Effects of Inflation Shocks
by Fair Ray C
- 1-19 A Cold-Turkey versus a Gradualist Approach in a Menu Cost Model
by Loh Sanguck
- 1-18 Product Prices and the OECD Cycle
by Kraay Aart & Ventura Jaume
2001, Volume 1, Issue 2
- 1-33 Patterns of Exchange, Fiat Money, and Coordination
by Alonso Irasema
- 1-45 Was an Industrial Revolution Inevitable? Economic Growth Over the Very Long Run
by Jones Charles I.
- 1-23 Dynamic Efficiency, the Riskless Rate, and Debt Ponzi Games under Uncertainty
by Blanchard Olivier & Weil Philippe
2001, Volume 1, Issue 1
- 1-22 Another Example in which Lump-sum Money Creation is Beneficial
by Deviatov Alexei & Wallace Neil
- 1-48 Population Changes and Capital Accumulation: The Aging of the Baby Boom
by Ríos-Rull José-Víctor
- 1-38 Death to the Log-Linearized Consumption Euler Equation! (And Very Poor Health to the Second-Order Approximation)
by Carroll Christopher Dixon
- 1-35 Aggregate Implications of Indivisible Labor
by Mulligan Casey B
- 1-33 Fiscal Policy and Human Capital Accumulation in a Home Production Economy
by Einarsson Tor & Marquis Milton Harrison
- 1-32 Estimates of the Productivity Trend Using Time-Varying Parameter Techniques
by Roberts John M.
- 1-26 Growth Implosions and Debt Explosions: Do Growth Slowdowns Cause Public Debt Crises?
by Easterly William R.
- 1-20 Risky Collateral and Deposit Insurance
by Kocherlakota Narayana R
- 1-18 Testing for Stabilizing Monetary Policy Rules: How Robust to Alternative Specifications?
by Carey Kevin
- 1-17 International Currency
by Wright Randall & Trejos Alberto
- 1-16 Auctions and Posted Prices in Directed Search Equilibrium
by Julien Benoit & Kennes John & King Ian Paul
- 1-11 Fiscal institutions and welfare in an open economy
by Negrete Juan Carlos