International Association of Agricultural Economists
Agricultural Economics of Agricultural Economists
July 1992, Volume 07, Issue 2
June 1992, Volume 07, Issue 1
- 172911 Publisher's Note
- 172914 Effects of subsidized wheat consumption by state in India
by Chellaraj, G. & Brorsen, B. Wade & Farris, Paul L.
- 172922 Rural banking in Nigeria: Empirical evidence of indicative policy variables from Anambra State
by Okorie, Aja
- 172924 Interaction between livestock and feeds policies: evidence from Southeast Asia
by Rae, Allan N.
- 172930 Changes of the rice distribution and the functions of the food control system in Japan
by Mishima, Tokuzo
- 172931 A proposal for the reduction of domestic price variability during the phase-in period of trade liberalization
by Hayes, Dermot J. & Wahl, Thomas I. & Johnson, S.R.
- 172932 An econometric analysis of U.S. vital wheat gluten imports
by Ortalo-Magne, Francois & Goodwin, Barry K.
- 172933 Estimating the effectiveness of extension information systems using farm trials and subjective probabilities
by Howard, Wayne H. & Blake, Robert W. & Knight, Thomas O. & Shumway, C. Richard & Tomaszewski, Michael A.
April 1992, Volume 06, Issue 4
- 172846 Induced technical change in centrally planned economies
by Fan, Shenggen & Ruttan, Vernon W.
- 172851 Adoption and abandonment of irrigation technologies
by Dinar, Ariel & Yaron, Dan
- 172858 Choice of utility function form: its effect on classification of risk preferences and the prediction of farmer decisions
by Zuhair, Sugu M.M. & Taylor, Daniel B. & Kramer, Randall A.
- 172875 Evaluating the economic impact of quality-reducing, seed-borne diseases: Lessons from Karnal bunt of wheat
by Brennan, John P. & Warham, Elizabeth J. & Byerlee, Derek R. & Hernandez-Estrada, Julio
- 172896 Impacts of capital and land constraints on the economics of new livestock technology in western Kenya
by Nyaribo, Fanny B. & Young, Douglas L.
- 172903 Linking of U.S. monetary policy and exchange rates to world soybean markets
by Thraen, Cameron S. & Hwang, Tsorng-Chyi & Larson, Donald W.
- 172907 End Material
February 1992, Volume 06, Issue 3
- 172827 Development of township enterprise and alleviation of the employment problem in rural China
by Zhou, Zhang Y. & Dillon, John L. & Wan, Guang H.
- 172830 Institutional effects on changes in Chinese foodgrain production and its variability
by Wan, Guang H.
- 172832 Dynamic factor demand equations in U.S. and Canadian agriculture
by Friesen, J. & Capalbo, Susan Marie & Denny, M.
- 172834 Canadian dairy policy and the returns to federal dairy cattle research
by Fox, Glenn & Roberts, Bruce & Brinkman, George L.
- 172843 Book Reviews
by Matthews, Alan & Goldin, Ian & Colman, David & Bickerton, Thomas W. & Beghin, John C. & Croci-Angelini, Elisabetta
December 1991, Volume 06, Issue 2
- 172809 Modelling stochastic crop response to fertilisation when carry-over matters
by Jomini, Patrick A. & Deuson, Robert R. & Lowenberg-DeBoer, J. & Bationo, Andre
- 172814 A stochastic dynamic programming framework for weed control decision making: an application to Avena fatua L
by Pandey, Sushil & Medd, Richard W.
- 172817 Capital accumulation and the growth of aggregate agricultural production
by Haley, Stephen L.
- 172821 Development of agriculture in Ethiopia since the 1975 land reform
by Belete, Abenet & Dillon, John L. & Anderson, Frank M.
- 172823 Urbanization and food imports in sub-Saharan Africa
by Tabi, James & Howard, Wayne H. & Phillips, Truman
- 172824 Economic factors affecting human fertility in the developing areas of Southern Africa
by Fairlamb, Cheryl D. & Nieuwoudt, Wilhelmus L.
October 1991, Volume 06, Issue 1
- 172790 Agricultural settlement with joint production servtces
by Feinerman, Eli & Kislev, Yoav
- 172794 Size and industry effects in the performance of agricultural cooperatives
by Lerman, Zvi & Parliament, Claudia
- 172797 Managing multiple international risks simultaneously with an optimal hedging model
by Sarassoro, Gboroton F. & Leuthold, Raymond M.
- 172801 Empirical testing of alternative price spread models in the South African maize market
by Faminow, Merle D. & Laubscher, J. M.
- 172803 An econometric analysis of rice consumption in the People's Republic of China
by Peterson, E. Wesley F. & Jin, Lan & Ito, Shoichi
- 172804 Price and quantity adjustment in a dual character market The case of the Greek poultry sector
by Alogoskoufis, George & Baltas, Nicholas C.
- 172805 Guide For Authors
August 1991, Volume 05, Issue 4
- 172775 Impact and implications of price policy and land degradation on agricultural growth in developing countries
by Zhao, Fengkun & Hitzhusen, Fred & Chern, Wen S.
- 172777 Food subsidies and market interdependence: the case of the Moroccan soft wheat subsidy
by Azzam, Azzeddine M.
- 172778 Role of education and extension in the adoption of technology: a study of upland rice and soybean farmers in Central-West Brazil
by Strauss, John & Barbosa, Mariza & Teixeira, Sonia & Thomas, Duncan & Junior, Raimundo Gomes
- 172784 Pests and pesticides, risk and risk aversion
by Pannell, David J.
- 172785 Application of replacement theory in dairy cows and its use in disease treatment
by Ngategize, Peter K. & Harsh, Stephen B. & Kaneene, John B.
- 172786 End Material
July 1991, Volume 05, Issue 3
- 172723 Special Issue: Multidisciplinary Problem-solving and Subject-matter Work
- 172724 Preface: Multidisciplinary Problem-solving and Subject-matter Work
by Johnson, Glenn L.
- 172725 Citrus blackfly in Florida: Eradication or bio-control?
by Tefertiller, Kenneth R. & McKee, Vernon C. & Perry, Vernon G.
- 172733 The Alberta hog industry problem of the 1960s: its definition and resolution
by Hawkins, M. H. & Lerohl, Mel L.
- 172737 Toward farm-based policy analysis: concepts applied in Haiti
by Martinez, Juan Carlos & Sain, Gustavo & Yates, Michael
- 172754 Production and uses of subject-matter research in federal service: observations from research on Farmer Mac
by Hiemstra, Stephen W.
- 172760 The zip (postal) code difference: methods to improve identification of rural subgroups
by Torre, Adela de la & Fickenscher, Kevin & Luft, Harold
- 172761 Modelling to support animal health control
by Dijkhuizen, A. A. & Renkema, J. A. & Stelwagen, J.
- 172766 On-farm computers for farm management in Sweden: potentials and problems
by Ohlmer, Bo
- 172768 Concept and implementation of an integrated decision support system (IDSS) for capital-intensive farming
by Wagner, P. & Kuhlmann, Friedrich
June 1991, Volume 05, Issue 2
- 172718 Economic issues in tariffication: an overview
by Moschini, Giancarlo
- 172719 Inefficiency due to tenancy protection: a new tenure problem in Taiwan
by Huang, Chung-Huang
- 172720 Effects of pricing policy on seasonal storage of wheat in Pakistan
by Pinckney, Thomas C.
- 172721 The West Bank olive market
by El-Jafari, Mahmoud
- 172722 Book Reviews
by Koester, Ulrich & Bolin, O. & Nuthall, P. L. & Gorecki, J. & Thompson, S. C. & Harvey, D. R.
January 1991, Volume 05, Issue 1
- 172603 An Analysis of U.S. Aggregate Output Response by Farm Size
by Henneberry, Shida Rastegari & Tweeten, Luther & Nainggolan, Kaman
- 172611 Peasant farmer behavior and cereal technologies: Stochastic programming analysis in Niger
by Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Sanders, John H.
- 172712 Risk preference and optimal crop combinations in upland java, Indonesia: an application of stochastic programming
by Nanseki, Teruaki & Morooka, Yoshinori
- 172713 Econometric analysis of expected price formation
by Tada, Minoru
- 172714 The Calculation of returns to research In distorted markets: Comment
by Voon, Jan P. & Edwards, Geoff W.
- 172715 The Calculation of Returns to Research in Distorted Markets: Reply
by Oehmke, James F.
- 172716 Book Reviews
by Thompson, Steve & Harvey, David R.
- 172717 Guide For Authors
December 1990, Volume 04, Issue 3-4
- 172486 A test of the underinvestment, myopia and commodity bias hypotheses for U.S. agricultural research
by Fox, Glenn & Haque, A. K. Enamul
- 172489 An econometric choice for extension-teaching methods: the Ilorin and Oyo North Agricultural Development Projects' experience
by Umeh, J. Chinedu
- 172491 Changes needed in agricultural policy for female-headed farm families in tropical Africa
by Due, Jean M. & Magayane, F.
- 172495 Transfer of sustainable technology in dryland agriculture: Lessons from the Sahel in the 1980's
by Deuson, Robert R. & Day, John C.
- 172505 Developing country debt: implications for agricultural trade
by Gunasekera, H. Don B. H. & Bown, Bruce & Andrews, Neil
- 172513 A test of whether millet acreage in Niger is determined by official or private market prices
by Brorsen, B. Wade & Adesina, Akinwumi A.
- 172518 Modern rice technology and regional wage differentials in the Philippines
by Otsuka, Keijiro & Cordova, Violeta G. & David, Cristina C.
- 172522 Modeling international trade flows and market shares for agricultural commodities: a modified Armington procedure for rice
by Ito, Shoichi & Chen, Dean T. & Peterson, E. Welsey F.
- 172529 An application of optimal control theory to agricultural policy analysis
by Ennew, C. T. & Rayner, A. J. & Reed, G. V.
- 172559 Short-run dynamics of feed ingredient prices facing the EC: a causal analysis
by Dronne, Yves & Tavera, Christophe
- 172567 Predictive performance of the World Bank's commodity price projections
by Warr, Peter G.
- 172580 Variability in wheat export demand elasticity: Policy implications
by Devadoss, S. & Meyers, William H.
- 172588 Author Index
- 172594 Contents of Agricultural Economics, Vol. 4
June 1990, Volume 04, Issue 2
- 172471 Building African Scientific Capacity for Agricultural Development
by Eicher, Carl K.
- 172472 Analysis of Uncertainty as Opposed to Risk: An Experimental Approach
by Anand, Paul
- 172473 Empirically Testing the Law of One Price in an International Commodity Market: A Rational Expectations Application to the Natural Rubber Market
by Goodwin, Barry K.
- 172475 Welfare Effects of Selected Food-grain Policies in India
by Chetty, V. K. & Srinivasan, P. V.
- 172478 Small-Ruminant Marketing in Southwest Nigeria
by Francis, Paul A.
April 1990, Volume 04, Issue 1
- 172444 Productivity of Agricultural Labour and Land: An International Comparison
by Sharma, Kailash C. & Rao, D. S. Prasada & Shepherd, W. F.
- 172448 Role of Tractors, Tubewells and Plant Breeding in Increasing Cropping Intensity in Pakistan's Punjab
by Tetlay, Khaleel & Byerlee, Derek R. & Ahmad, Zulfiqar
- 172454 Adoption of New Technologies in Ethiopian Agriculture: The Case of Tegulet-Bulga District, Shoa Province
by Kebede, Yohannes & Gunjal, Kisan & Coffin, Garth
- 172459 Regional Cooperation in the Use of Irrigation Water: Efficiency and Income Distribution
by Yaron, D. & Ratner, A.
- 172463 Risk-Efficient Irrigation Strategies for Wheat
by Pandey, Sushil
- 172467 Influence of Trade Policies on Price Integration in the World Beef Market
by Dries, Mark A. & Unnevehr, Laurian J.
- 172468 Multiple Leasing under Cropshare Tenancy- A Note
by Taslim, M. A.
- 172469 Book Reviews
by Nuthall, P. L. & Darroch, Mark & Blandford, David & Schmitt, Gunther H.
- 172470 Guide for Authors
December 1989, Volume 03, Issue 4
- 172301 Special Issue: International Agricultural Research Systems
by Anonymous & Dillon, John L.
- 172312 Editorial: International Agricultural Research Systems
by Anderson, Jock R. & Dillon, John L.
- 172322 Structure of Public Support for National Agricultural Research Systems: A Political Economy Perspective
by Pardey, Philip G. & Kang, M. Sandra & Elliott, Howard
- 172332 Agricultural Research Problems in Small Developing Countries: Case Studies from the South Pacific Island Nations
by Hardaker, J. Brian & Fleming, Euan M.
- 172339 Development Assistance and Exports: The Case of the United States
by Cummings, Ralph W. & Dalrymple, Dana G.
- 172343 Does Agricultural Growth in Poor Countries Harm Agricultural-Exporting Rich Countries?
by Anderson, Kym
- 172346 Spillover Effects of International Agricultural Research: CIMMYT-based Semi-Dwarf Wheats in Australia
by Brennan, John P.
- 172351 Market Price Response of World Rice Research
by Hayami, Yujiro & Kikuchi, Masao & Morooka, Kazuko
- 172352 Agricultural Technology and Farm-Nonfarm Growth Linkages
by Haggblade, Steven & Hazell, Peter
- 172438 Value of External Reviews of Research at the International Agricultural Research Centers
by Fuglie, Keith & Ruttan, Vernon W.
- 172439 Sense and Sustainability: Sustainability as an Objective in International Agricultural Research
by Lynam, John K. & Herdt, Robert W.
- 172440 End Material
October 1989, Volume 03, Issue 3
- 172273 Developing Country Interests in Agricultural Trade Reform
by Tyers, Rod
- 172274 Measuring Benefits to Operation and Maintenance Expenditure in the Canal Irrigation System of Pakistan: A Simulation Analysis
by Chaudhry, Muhammad A. & Ali, Mubarik
- 172275 Evaluating Agricultural Energy Policies Under Uncertainty: The Case of Electricity in South India
by Babu, Suresh Chandra & Hallam, Arne
- 172279 Derivation of Long-run Factor Demands from Short-run Responses
by Guyomard, Herve & Vermersch, Dominique
- 172282 Expected Economic Effects of BST in The Netherlands
by Giesen, G. W. J. & Oskam, A. J. & Berentsen, Paul B.M.
- 172285 Comments: Technological Change in Illinois Agriculture
by Hockmann, Heinrich
- 172295 Technological Change in Illinois Agriculture: A Reply
by Grabowski, R. & Kraft, Steven E. & Mehdian, Seyed & Pasurka, C.
May 1989, Volume 03, Issue 2
- 172156 Agricultural Trade Liberalization in a Multisector World Model
by Krissoff, Barry & Ballenger, Nicole
- 172160 Malawi's Agricultural Development: A Success Story?
by Sofranko, Andrew J. & Fliegel, Frederick C.
- 172164 Wheat Policy Options in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Case of Zimbabwe
by Morris, Michael L.
- 172170 Effect of Sugar Price Policy on U.S. Imports of Processed Sugar-containing Foods
by Jabara, Cathy L.
- 172173 United States Demand for Coffee Imports
by Goddard, E. W. & Akiyama, Takamasa
- 172178 Book Reviews
by Barros, Geraldo Sant'Ana de Camargo & Lele, Uma & Haraldsson, Ingemar
March 1989, Volume 03, Issue 1
- 172151 Agricultural Supply Response: A Survey
by Rao, J. Mohan
- 172152 Welfare Implications of a Preferential Tariff Reduction for Agricultural Exports from Less Developed Countries vs. a Generalized Tariff Reduction
by Anania, Giovanni
- 172153 Fertilizer in Indonesian Agriculture: the Subsidy Issue
by Hedley, Douglas D. & Tabor, Steven R.
- 172154 Evaluation of the Influence of Agricultural Price Policy on Cotton Production in Cote-d'lvoire
by Berte, Kama & Epplin, Francis M.
- 172155 Guide For Authors
December 1988, Volume 02, Issue 4
- 172129 Technological Change in Illinois Agriculture, 1982-1984
by Grabowski, Richard & Kraft, Steven E. & Mehdian, Seyed & Pasurka, Carl
- 172134 The Calculation of Returns to Research in Distorted Markets
by Oehmke, James F.
- 172135 Crop Selection and Implications for Profits and Wind Erosion in a Semi-Arid Environment
by Lee, John G. & Ellis, John R. & Lacewell, Ronald D.
- 172138 A Note on Private Farm Management Consulting Services: The Case of Argentina
by Gallacher, Marcos
- 172147 Household Food Demand in Burkina Faso: Implications for Food Policy
by Savadogo, Kimseyinga & Brandt, Jon A.
- 172148 International Supply Response
by Peterson, Willis L.
- 172149 Author Index
- 172150 Contents of Agricultural Economics, Volume 2
November 1988, Volume 02, Issue 3
- 172102 Guest Editorial: The Agricultural Trade Confrontation between the United States and the European Community: a Challenge to our Profession
by Petit, Michel
- 172103 Cereal Technology Interventions for the West African Semi-Arid Tropics
by Nagy, Joseph G. & Sanders, J. H. & Ohm, H. W.
- 172104 Soil and Moisture Management in Mali: A Case Study Analysis for West Africa
by Day, John C. & Aillery, Marcel P.
- 172105 Linkages between Regulated and Unregulated Markets: the Case of Milk Supply in Kenya
by Howard, Wayne H. & Mcdonald, Ian
- 172106 Collateral, Guaranties and Rural Credit in Developing Countries: Evidence from Asia
by Feder, Gershon & Onchan, Tongroj & Raparla, Tejaswi
- 172108 Toward a Behavioral Model of Multiple-Job-Holding Farm Families
by Eboli, Maria G. & Turri, Enrico
- 172111 Examining the Leontief Paradox in U.S. Agricultural Trade
by Lee, Chinkook & Wills, Darryl & Schluter, Gerald
- 172113 A Linear Programming Algorithm for Determining Mean-Gini Efficient Farm Plans
by Okunev, John & Dillon, John L.
- 172114 Book Reviews
by Johansson, Valter & Parton, Kevin A.
October 1988, Volume 02, Issue 2
- 172068 Biased Technological Change and Factor Demand in Postwar Japanese Agriculture, 1958-84
by Kuroda, Yoshima
- 172081 A Dynamic Adjustment Model for U.S. Agriculture: 1948-79
by Vasavada, Utpal & Ball, V. Eldon
- 172082 What do Agricultural Income and Productivity Measurements Really Mean?
by Schmitt, Gunther H.
- 172084 Link between Agricultural Assistance and International Trade
by Houck, James P.
- 172085 Impact of Risk on HYV Adoption in Bangladesh
by Parikh, Ashok & Bernard, Andrew
- 172088 Book Reviews
by Barlow, Colin & Harvey, D. R. & Lane, S.
June 1988, Volume 02, Issue 1
- 172060 Groundwater Management: Efficiency and Equity Considerations
by Feinerman, Eli
- 172061 Issues relating to Agricultural Pricing Policies and their Analysis in Developing Countries
by Lutz, Ernst & Saadat, Yasmin
- 172062 Grain Production and Food Security in Arab Countries
by Adamowicz, Mieczyslaw
- 172063 Principles of Dynamic Optimization in Resource Management
by Kennedy, John O.S.
- 172064 On the Reform of Rural Supply and Marketing Cooperatives in China
by Wan, Guang H. & Zhou, Zhang Y. & Dillon, John L.
- 172065 Book Review: Agricultural Protection in East Asia: A Practioner's Perspective
by Wadsworth, Bryant H.
- 172067 End Material
January 1988, Volume 01, Issue 4
- 172052 Macroeconomic Policy Impacts on United States Agriculture: A Simulation Analysis
by Barclay, Tom & Tweeten, Luther
- 172053 The U.S. Demand for Imported and Domestically Produced Foods: An Investigation of lntertemporal and Substitution Effects
by Isard, Peter & Lowrey, Barbara & Swamy, P. A. V. B. & Conway, Roger
- 172054 Income and Employment Generation from Agricultural Processing and Marketing: The Case of Soybean in Indonesia
by Hayami, Yujiro & Kawagoe, Toshihiko & Morooka, Yoshinori & Siregar, Musdjidin
- 172055 Some lessons from the Modelling of the Spanish Rice Market
by Peterson, E. Wesley F.
- 172056 An Evaluation of Indian Government Rice Policy in Tamil Nadu
by Chellaraj, G. & Brorsen, B. Wade
- 172057 Labour on the Family Farm: a Theory under Uncertainty
by Dawson, P. J.
- 172058 Simplified Risk Analysis in Agricultural Extension
by Cruz, Elmar Rodrigues da & Porto, Vitor Hugo da Fonseca
- 172059 End Material
October 1987, Volume 01, Issue 3
- 172042 On Why Agriculture Declines with Economic Growth
by Anderson, Kym
- 172043 Spatial Organization of Marketing Facilities in Developing Countries: A Case Study of Oilseeds in Sudan
by Baldwin, E. Dean & Babiker, Babiker Idris & Larson, Donald W.
- 172044 A Risk Responsive Acreage Response Function for Millet in Niger
by Adesina, Akinwumi A. & Brorsen, B. Wade
- 172045 Labour-Related Structural Trends in South African Maize Production
by Zyl, J. Van & Vink, Nick & Fenyes, T. I.
- 172046 Effects of the Energy Crisis on French Agriculture between 1974 and 1984
by Bonny, Sylvie
- 172047 Wheat and Maize Price Policies in Hungary: Tradeoffs between Foreign Exchange and Government Revenue
by Braverman, Avishay & Hammer, Jeffrey S. & Morduch, Jonathan J.
June 1987, Volume 01, Issue 2
- 172024 Book Reviews
by Rabinowicz, Ewa & Collinson, M.P.
- 172026 End Material
- 172036 Changing Agricultural Comparative Advantage
by Abbott, Philip C. & Thompson, Robert L.
- 172037 Structural Variations of Agriculture in the Pacific
by Yamauchi, Hiroshi
- 172038 Risk-Taking Preferences of Farmers in Northern Thailand: Measurements and Implications
by Grisley, William & Kellog, Earl
- 172039 Institutional Reform of Marketing and Related Services to Agriculture, With Particular Reference to Africa
by Abbott, John C.
- 172040 Structural Change and its Impact on Traditional Agricultural Sectors of Rapidly Developing Countries: The Case of Natural Rubber
by Barlow, Colin & Jayasuriya, S. K.
- 172041 The Evolution and Implications of the U.S. Food Security Act of 1985
by Spitze, R. G. F.
1986, Volume 01, Issue 1
- 172019 End Material
- 172027 Book Review
by Sharma, Kailash
- 172030 Editorial
by Hedley, Douglas D.
- 172031 Market Analysis, Technical Change and Income Distribution in Semi-Subsistence Agriculture: the Case of Bangladesh
by Alauddin, Mohammad & Tisdell, Clem
- 172032 Agricultural Policy in Tropical Africa: is a Turnaround Possible?
by Due, Jean M.
- 172033 Appraising Alternatives for Allocating and Cost Recovery for Irrigation Water in Egypt
by Bowen, Richard L. & Young, Robert A.
- 172034 Persistent Underinvestment in Public Agricultural Research
by Oehmke, James F.
- 172035 Effects of Increasing Agricultural Productivity in a Multisectoral Model for the Philippines
by Bautista, Romeo M.