Citations for "The Sarbanes-Oxley Act and the Making of Quack Corporate Governance"
by Roberta Romano
- Ivan Brick & N. Chidambaran, 2008. "Board monitoring, firm risk, and external regulation," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 87-116, February.
- Koning, M. & Mertens, G.M.H. & Roosenboom, P.G.J., 2007. "The Impact of Media Attention on the Use of Alternative Earnings Measures," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2007-073-F&A, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Randall Morck, 2009. "Generalized Agency Problems," NBER Working Papers 15051, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Armour & Simon Deakin & Priya Lele & Mathias Siems, 2009. "How Do Legal Rules Evolve? Evidence from a cross-country Comparison of Shareholder, Creditor and Worker Protection," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp382, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- Madan Lal Bhasin, 2012. "Improving Corporate Governance. The role of Audit Committee Disclosures by Indian Corporations," International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, Human Resource Management Academic Research Society, International Journal of Academic Research in Accounting, Finance and Management Sciences, vol. 2(1), pages 128-149, January.
- Dennis Chambers & Jeff Payne, 2011. "Audit quality and accrual persistence: evidence from the pre- and post-Sarbanes-Oxley periods," Managerial Auditing Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 26(5), pages 437-456, May.
- Goergen, M. & Renneboog, L.D.R., 2008.
"Contractual Corporate Governance,"
2008-41, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- David Hirshleifer, 2008.
"Psychological Bias as a Driver of Financial Regulation,"
European Financial Management,
European Financial Management Association, vol. 14(5), pages 856-874.
- Hirshleifer, David, 2007. "Psychological Bias as a Driver of Financial Regulation," MPRA Paper 5129, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Connelly, J. Thomas & Limpaphayom, Piman & Nagarajan, Nandu J., 2012. "Form versus substance: The effect of ownership structure and corporate governance on firm value in Thailand," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(6), pages 1722-1743.
- Kim, Y. Han (Andy), 2013. "Self attribution bias of the CEO: Evidence from CEO interviews on CNBC," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(7), pages 2472-2489.
- Ahmed, Anwer S. & McAnally, Mary Lea & Rasmussen, Stephanie & Weaver, Connie D., 2010. "How costly is the Sarbanes Oxley Act? Evidence on the effects of the Act on corporate profitability," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 352-369, June.
- Priya P. Lele & Mathias M. Siems, 2007.
"Shareholder Protection: A Leximetric Approach,"
Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2006
170, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Mathias Siems & Priya Lele, 2006. "Shareholder Protection: A Leximetric Approach," ESRC Centre for Business Research - Working Papers wp324, ESRC Centre for Business Research.
- De Jonghe, O.G. & Disli, M. & Schoors, K., 2011.
"Corporate Governance, Opaque Bank Activities, and Risk/Return Efficiency : Pre- and Post-Crisis Evidence from Turkey,"
2011-129, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Olivier De Jonghe & Mustafa Disli & Koen Schoors, 2012. "Corporate Governance, Opaque Bank Activities, and Risk/Return Efficiency: Pre- and Post-Crisis Evidence from Turkey," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 51-80, April.
- O. De Jonghe & M. Disli & K. Schoors, 2011. "Corporate governance, opaque bank activities, and risk/return efficiency: Pre- and post-crisis evidence from Turkey," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 11/729, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Boyle, Glenn & Meade, Richard, 2005. "Intra-Country Regulation of Share Markets: Does One Size Fit All?," Working Paper Series 3856, Victoria University of Wellington, The New Zealand Institute for the Study of Competition and Regulation.
- Sandip Dhole & Saleha B Khumawala & Sagarika Mishra & Tharindra Ranasinghe, . "Executive Compensation and Regulation Imposed Corporate Governance: Evidence from the California Non-Profit Integrity Act (2004)," Financial Econometics Series 2012_11, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Randall Morck, 2008. "Behavioral finance in corporate governance: economics and ethics of the devil’s advocate," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 12(2), pages 179-200, May.
- Magdy Noguera, 2012. "The Impact of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act on the Structure of REIT Boards of Directors," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 45(4), pages 869-887, November.
- Raghavan J. Iyengar & Judy Land & Ernest M. Zampelli, 2010. "Does board governance improve the quality of accounting earnings?," Accounting Research Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 23(1), pages 49-68, July.
- Alexander, Cindy R. & Bauguess, Scott W. & Bernile, Gennaro & Lee, Yoon-Ho Alex & Marietta-Westberg, Jennifer, 2013. "Economic effects of SOX Section 404 compliance: A corporate insider perspective," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 267-290.
- Mitchell J. Stein, 2008. "Beyond the boardroom: governmental perspectives on corporate governance," Accounting, Auditing & Accountability Journal, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 21(7), pages 1001-1025, September.
- Berezinets, Irina & Ilina, Yulia & Muravyev, Alexander, 2011. "CEO and Board Characteristics as Determinants of Private Benefits of Control: Evidence from the Russian Stock Exchange," IZA Discussion Papers 6256, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lauren Cohen & Andrea Frazzini & Christopher Malloy, 2008.
"Hiring Cheerleaders: Board Appointments of "Independent" Directors,"
NBER Working Papers
14232, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lauren Cohen & Andrea Frazzini & Christopher J. Malloy, 2012. "Hiring Cheerleaders: Board Appointments of "Independent" Directors," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(6), pages 1039-1058, June.
- Georgeta Vintila & Stefan Cristian Gherghina, 2013. "Board of Directors Independence and Firm Value: Empirical Evidence Based on the Bucharest Stock Exchange Listed Companies," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(4), pages 885 - 900.
- Roberta Romano, 2005. "Is Regulatory Competition a Problem or Irrelevant for Corporate Governance?," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2601, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Jan 2006.
- Nofsinger, John & Varma, Abhishek, 2014. "Socially responsible funds and market crises," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 180-193.
- Alix Valenti, 2008. "The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002: Has It Brought About Changes in the Boards of Large U. S. Corporations?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 81(2), pages 401-412, August.
- Glenn Boyle & Richard Meade, 2008. "Intra-country regulation of share markets: does one size fit all?," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 25(2), pages 151-165, April.
- Nofsinger, John R., 2012. "Household behavior and boom/bust cycles," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 161-173.
- Marc Goergen & Miguel Manjon & Luc Renneboog, 2008. "Is the German system of corporate governance converging towards the Anglo-American model?," Journal of Management and Governance, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 37-71, March.
- Duchin, Ran & Matsusaka, John G. & Ozbas, Oguzhan, 2010. "When are outside directors effective?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 195-214, May.
- Christine Jolls & Cass R. Sunstein, 2005. "Debiasing through Law," NBER Working Papers 11738, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jui-Chin Chang & Huey-Lian Sun, 2010. "Does the disclosure of corporate governance structures affect firms' earnings quality?," Review of Accounting and Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(3), pages 212-243, August.