Modelling Emerging Market Risk Premia Using Higher Moments
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Galagedera, Don U.A., 2007. "An alternative perspective on the relationship between downside beta and CAPM beta," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 4-19, March.
- Eric Jondeau & Michael Rockinger, 2006. "Optimal Portfolio Allocation under Higher Moments," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 12(1), pages 29-55.
- Attiya Y. Javid & Eatzaz Ahmad, 2008. "Test of Multi-moment Capital Asset Pricing Model: Evidence from Karachi Stock Exchange," PIDE-Working Papers 2008:49, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Menezes, Carmen F. & Wang, X.Henry, 2005. "Increasing outer risk," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 875-886, November.
- Douch, Mohamed & Farooq, Omar & Bouaddi, Mohammed, 2015. "Stock price synchronicity and tails of return distribution," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 1-11.
- Syed Abul, Basher & Salem, Nechi & Hui, Zhu, 2014. "Dependence patterns across Gulf Arab stock markets: a copula approach," MPRA Paper 56566, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Akbar, Muhammad & Nguyen, Thuy Thu, 2016. "The explanatory power of higher moment capital asset pricing model in the Karachi stock exchange," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 241-253.
- Lehnert, Thorsten & Lin, Yuehao & Wolff, Christian C, 2013.
"Skewness Risk Premium: Theory and Empirical Evidence,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9349, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Christian Wolff & Thorsten Lehnert & Yuehao Lin, 2014. "Skewness Risk Premium: Theory and Empirical Evidence," LSF Research Working Paper Series 14-05, Luxembourg School of Finance, University of Luxembourg.
- Flôres Junior, Renato Galvão & Athayde, Gustavo M. de, 2002. "On certain geometric aspects of portfolio optimisation with higher moments," FGV/EPGE Economics Working Papers (Ensaios Economicos da EPGE) 453, FGV/EPGE - Escola Brasileira de Economia e Finanças, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Eric Jondeau & Michael Rockinger, 2005. "Conditional Asset Allocation under Non-Normality: How Costly is the Mean-Variance Criterion?," FAME Research Paper Series rp132, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Maheu, John M. & McCurdy, Thomas H. & Zhao, Xiaofei, 2013.
"Do jumps contribute to the dynamics of the equity premium?,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 110(2), pages 457-477.
- John M. Maheu & Thomas H. McCurdy & Xiaofei Zhao, 2012. "Do Jumps Contribute to the Dynamics of the Equity Premium?," Working Paper series 47_12, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Hatemi-J, Abdulnasser & Sarmiento-Sabogal, Julio, 2013. "An Empirical Investigation of the Colombian Stock Market Reaction to the US Market: Evidence from a Casewise Bootstrap Approach - Un’analisi empirica della reazione del mercato azionario colombiano al," Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 66(1), pages 57-67.
- Liu, Qingfu & Hua, Renhai & An, Yunbi, 2016. "Determinants and information content of intraday bid-ask spreads: Evidence from Chinese commodity futures markets," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 135-148.
- Mehmet Balcilar & Rangan Gupta & Duc K. Nguyen & Mark E. Wohar, 2015. "Causal Effects of the United States and Japan on Pacific-Rim Stock Markets: Nonparametric Quantile Causality Approach," Working Papers 201595, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Alessio Sancetta & Stephen Satchell, 2005. "New test statistics for market timing with applications to emerging markets hedge funds," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 11(5), pages 419-443.
- Vendrame, Vasco & Tucker, Jon & Guermat, Cherif, 2016. "Some extensions of the CAPM for individual assets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 78-85.
- Martin Eling, 2006. "Performance measurement of hedge funds using data envelopment analysis," Financial Markets and Portfolio Management, Springer;Swiss Society for Financial Market Research, vol. 20(4), pages 442-471, December.
- A. Sancetta & Satchell, S.E., 2002. "New Test Statistics for Market Timing with Application to Emerging markets," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 0222, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Kim, Tae-Hwan & White, Halbert, 2003. "On More Robust Estimation of Skewness and Kurtosis: Simulation and Application to the S&P500 Index," University of California at San Diego, Economics Working Paper Series qt7b52v07p, Department of Economics, UC San Diego.
- Chang, Bo Young & Christoffersen, Peter & Jacobs, Kris, 2013.
"Market skewness risk and the cross section of stock returns,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 107(1), pages 46-68.
- Chang, Bo Young & Christoffersen, Peter & Jacobs, Kris, 2010. "Market Skewness Risk and the Cross-Section of Stock Returns," Working Papers 11-18, University of Pennsylvania, Wharton School, Weiss Center.
- Stefan Trück & Rafał Weron, 2016.
"Convenience Yields and Risk Premiums in the EU‐ETS—Evidence from the Kyoto Commitment Period,"
Journal of Futures Markets,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 36(6), pages 587-611, June.
- Stefan Trück & Rafal Weron, 2015. "Convenience yields and risk premiums in the EU-ETS - Evidence from the Kyoto commitment period," HSC Research Reports HSC/15/03, Hugo Steinhaus Center, Wroclaw University of Technology.
- Y. Malevergne & D. Sornette, 2002. "Multi-Moments Method for Portfolio Management: Generalized Capital Asset Pricing Model in Homogeneous and Heterogeneous markets," Papers cond-mat/0207475, arXiv.org.
- Renée Fry-McKibbin & Cody Yu-Ling Hsiao, 2015. "Extremal dependence tests for contagion," CAMA Working Papers 2015-40, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Hentati-Kaffel, Rania, 2016. "Structured products under generalized kappa ratio," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 599-614.
- Michael Rockinger & Eric Jondeau, 2000.
"Conditional Volatility, Skewness, and Kurtosis: Existence and Persistence,"
- ROCKINGER, Michael & JONDEAU, Eric, 2000. "Conditional Volatility, Skewness, and Kurtosis : Existence and Persistence," Les Cahiers de Recherche 710, HEC Paris.
- Jondeau, E. & Rockinger, M., 2000. "Conditional Volatility, Skewness, and Kurtosis: Existence and Persistence," Working papers 77, Banque de France.
- Ignacio Mauleon, 2006. "Modelling multivariate moments in European Stock Markets," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 241-263.
- Shaun Bond & Stephen Satchell, 2006. "Asymmetry and downside risk in foreign exchange markets," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(4), pages 313-332.
- Asteriou, Dimitrios & Bashmakova, Yuliya, 2013. "Assessing the impact of oil returns on emerging stock markets: A panel data approach for ten Central and Eastern European Countries," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 204-211.
- Jondeau, Eric & Rockinger, Michael, 2003. "Conditional volatility, skewness, and kurtosis: existence, persistence, and comovements," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 27(10), pages 1699-1737, August.
- Donovan, Charles & Nuñez, Laura, 2012. "Figuring what’s fair: The cost of equity capital for renewable energy in emerging markets," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 49-58.
- Alexander Eastman & Brian Lucey, 2008. "Skewness and asymmetry in futures returns and volumes," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(10), pages 777-800.
- repec:eee:ecosys:v:41:y:2017:i:1:p:151-162 is not listed on IDEAS
- Don U.A. Galagedera & Elizabeth A. Maharaj, 2004.
"Wavelet timescales and conditional relationship between higher-order systematic co-moments and portfolio returns: evidence in Australian data,"
Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers
16/04, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Don U.A. Galagedera & Elizabeth A. Maharaj, 2004. "Wavelet timescales and conditional relationship between higher- order systematic co-moments and portfolio returns: evidence in Australian data," Finance 0409056, EconWPA.
- Iqbal, Javed & Brooks, Robert & Galagedera, Don UA, 2007. "Testing Asset Pricing Models in Emerging Markets: An Examination of Higher Order Co-Moments and Alternative Factor Models," MPRA Paper 25020, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Oct 2007.
- Hwang, Soosung & Pedersen, Christian S., 2004. "Asymmetric risk measures when modelling emerging markets equities: evidence for regional and timing effects," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 109-128, March.
- Kim, Tae-Hwan & White, Halbert, 2004. "On more robust estimation of skewness and kurtosis," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 56-73, March.
- Petros Messis & Achilleas Zapranis, 2014. "Herding behaviour and volatility in the Athens Stock Exchange," Journal of Risk Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 15(5), pages 572-590, November.
- Ewa Majerowska, "undated". "Validity of the optimal portfolio allocation model with price constraints on the example of the Warsaw Stock Exchange," Discussion Papers in European Economics 99/5, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Kodongo, Odongo & Ojah, Kalu, 2014. "The conditional pricing of currency and inflation risks in Africa's equity markets," MPRA Paper 56100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Stephen E. Satchell & Shaun A. Bond, 2004. "Asymmetry, Loss Aversion and Forecasting," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 160, Econometric Society.
- Simon Xu & Inchang Hwang & Francis In, 2016. "The Effect of Diversification on Tail Risk: Evidence from US Equity Mutual Fund Portfolios," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 16(3), pages 483-495, September.
- Malevergne, Y. & Sornette, D., 2007. "Self-consistent asset pricing models," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 382(1), pages 149-171.
- Bonato, Matteo, 2011. "Robust estimation of skewness and kurtosis in distributions with infinite higher moments," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 77-87, June.
- Högholm, Kenneth & Knif, Johan & Koutmos, Gregory & Pynnönen, Seppo, 2011. "Distributional asymmetry of loadings on market co-moments," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(5), pages 851-866.
- Chiao, Chaoshin & Hung, Ken & Srivastava, Suresh C., 2003. "Taiwan stock market and four-moment asset pricing model," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 355-381, October.
- Y. Malevergne & V. F. Pisarenko & D. Sornette, 2003. "Empirical Distributions of Log-Returns: between the Stretched Exponential and the Power Law?," Papers physics/0305089, arXiv.org.
- Manganelli, Simone & White, Halbert & Kim, Tae-Hwan, 2008. "Modeling autoregressive conditional skewness and kurtosis with multi-quantile CAViaR," Working Paper Series 957, European Central Bank.
- Iqbal, Javed & Brooks, Robert & Galagedera, Don U.A., 2010.
"Testing conditional asset pricing models: An emerging market perspective,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(5), pages 897-918, September.
- Javed Iqbal & Robert Brooks & Don U.A. Galagedera, 2008. "Testing Conditional Asset Pricing Models: An Emerging Market Perspective," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 3/08, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- repec:spr:joptap:v:169:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1007_s10957-015-0847-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kumar, Satish & Trück, Stefan, 2014. "Unbiasedness and risk premiums in the Indian currency futures market," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 13-32.
- M. Glawischnig & I. Seidl, 2013. "Portfolio optimization with serially correlated, skewed and fat tailed index returns," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 21(1), pages 153-176, January.
- Nishioka, Shinichi & Baba, Naohiko, 2008. "Risk taking by Japanese bond investors: Testing the "reach for yields" hypothesis in the Japanese bond markets," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 691-707, November.