Citations for "Balanced Budgets and Business Cycles: Evidence from the States"
by Levinson, Arik
- Vicente PAQUEO & Christian GONZALEZ, . "Social Sector Expenditures and Rainy-Day Funds," EcoMod2004 330600108, EcoMod.
- Fabrizio Balassone & Maura Francese & Stefania Zotteri, 2008. "Cyclical asymmetry in fiscal variables," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 671, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Fatás, Antonio & Mihov, Ilian, 2004.
"The Macroeconomic Effects of Fiscal Rules in the US States,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4372, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Fatas, Antonio & Mihov, Ilian, 2006. "The macroeconomic effects of fiscal rules in the US states," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(1-2), pages 101-117, January.
- Gary Wagner & Russell Sobel, 2006. "State budget stabilization fund adoption: Preparing for the next recession or circumventing fiscal constraints?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 126(1), pages 177-199, January.
- Afonso, António & Furceri, Davide, 2010.
"Government size, composition, volatility and economic growth,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 517-532, December.
- Afonso, António & Furceri, Davide, 2008. "Government size, composition, volatility and economic growth," Working Paper Series 0849, European Central Bank.
- António Afonso & Davide Furceri, 2008. "Government Size, Composition, Volatility and Economic Growth," Working Papers Department of Economics 2008/04, ISEG - School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, University of Lisbon.
- Heiko T. Burret & Lars P. Feld, 2014. "A Note on Budget Rules and Fiscal Federalism," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 12(1), pages 03-11, 04.
- Wagner, Gary A., 2003. "Are state budget stabilization funds only the illusion of savings?: Evidence from stationary panel data," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 213-238.
- Marina Azzimonti & Marco Battaglini & Stephen Coate, 2015.
"The Costs and Benefits of Balanced Budget Rules: Lessons from a Political Economy Model of Fiscal Policy,"
Department of Economics Working Papers
15-03, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Azzimonti, Marina & Battaglini, Marco & Coate, Stephen, 2016. "The costs and benefits of balanced budget rules: Lessons from a political economy model of fiscal policy," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 45-61.
- Lan, Yuexing & Sylwester, Kevin, 2010. "Provincial fiscal positions and business cylce synchronization across China," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 355-364, August.
- Svec Justin & Kondo Ayako, 2012.
"Fiscal Policy Cyclicality and Growth within the US States,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 12(2), pages 1-35, March.
- Ayako Kondo & Justin Svec, 2009. "Fiscal Policy Cyclicality and Growth within the U.S. States," Working Papers 0911, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- Mahdavi, Saeid & Westerlund, Joakim, 2011. "Fiscal stringency and fiscal sustainability: Panel evidence from the American state and local governments," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 953-969.
- Yilin Hou & Daniel Smith, 2010. "Do state balanced budget requirements matter? Testing two explanatory frameworks," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 145(1), pages 57-79, October.
- Étienne Farvaque & Martial Foucault & Marcelin Joanis, 2015. "L’endettement public des provinces canadiennes : Les règles d’équilibre budgétaire sont-elles efficaces?," CIRANO Working Papers 2015s-10, CIRANO.
- Pierre Mandon, 2014. "Evaluating Treatment Effect and Causal Effect of Fiscal Rules on Procyclicality New assessments on old debate: rules vs. discretion," Working Papers halshs-01015760, HAL.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Gary A. Wagner, 2004.
"State government finances: World War II to the current crises,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 9-25.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Gary A. Wagner, 2003. "State government finances: World War II to the current crisis," Working Papers 2003-035, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Jeffrey Clemens & Stephen Miran, 2012.
"Fiscal Policy Multipliers on Subnational Government Spending,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 4(2), pages 46-68, May.
- Clemens, Jeffrey & Miran, Stephen, 2010. "The effects of state budget cuts on employment and income," MPRA Paper 38715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Farvaque, Étienne & Foucault, Martial & Joanis, Marcelin, 2012. "Les règles budgétaires dans les provinces canadiennes : nomenclatures et éléments d’analyse," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 88(3), pages 281-315, Septembre.
- Pierre Mandon, 2014. "Evaluating Treatment Effect and Causal Effect of Fiscal Rules on Procyclicality," Working Papers hal-01015439, HAL.
- Rafal Benecki & Jens Hölscher & Mariusz Jarmuzek, 2006.
"Fiscal Transparency and Policy Rules in Poland,"
CASE Network Studies and Analyses
0327, CASE-Center for Social and Economic Research.
- Elva Bova & Nathalie Carcenac & Martine Guerguil, 2014. "Fiscal Rules and the Procyclicality of Fiscal Policy in the Developing World," IMF Working Papers 14/122, International Monetary Fund.
- Clemens, Jeffrey, 2013. "State Fiscal Adjustment During Times of Stress: Possible Causes of the Severity and Composition of Budget Cuts," MPRA Paper 55921, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gonzalez, Christian Y. & Paqueo, Vicente B., 2003. "Social sector expenditures and rainy-day funds," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3131, The World Bank.
- Jean-Paul Lam & William Scarth, 2002.
"Alternative Public Spending Rules and Output Volatility,"
Staff Working Papers
02-37, Bank of Canada.
- Jean-Paul Lam & William Scarth, 2002. "Alternative Public Spending Rules and Output Volatility," Macroeconomics 0211005, EconWPA.
- Martine Guerguil & Pierre Mandon & Rene Tapsoba, 2016. "Flexible Fiscal Rules and Countercyclical Fiscal Policy," IMF Working Papers 16/8, International Monetary Fund.
- Pierre Mandon, 2014. "Evaluating Treatment Effect and Causal Effect of Fiscal Rules on Procyclicality New assessments on old debate: rules vs. discretion," Working Papers halshs-01015756, HAL.
- Heiko T. Burret & Lars P. Feld, 2016. "Effects of Fiscal Rules - 85 Years' Experience in Switzerland," CESifo Working Paper Series 6063, CESifo Group Munich.