Citations for "Fiscal Pressure, Tax Competition, and the Introduction of State Lotteries"
by Alm, James & McKee, Michael J. & Skidmore, Mark
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:8:y:2003:i:10:p:1-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ashworth, John & Geys, Benny & Heyndels, Bruno, 2006. "Determinants of tax innovation: The case of environmental taxes in Flemish municipalities," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 223-247, March.
- Peter Calcagno & Douglas Walker & John Jackson, 2010. "Determinants of the probability and timing of commercial casino legalization in the United States," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 142(1), pages 69-90, January.
- Stephen Fink & Alan Marco & Jonathan Rork, 2004. "Lotto nothing? The budgetary impact of state lotteries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(21), pages 2357-2367.
- Mark Skidmore & Mehmet Serkan Tosun, 2005.
"Do New Lottery Games Stimulate Retail Activity? Evidence from West Virginia Counties,"
05-06, UW-Whitewater, Department of Economics.
- Skidmore, Mark & Serkan Tosun, Mehmet, 2008. "Do New Lottery Games Stimulate Retail Activity? Evidence from West Virginia Counties," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 38(1).
- Humphreys, Brad & Perez, Levi, 2011. "Lottery Participants and Revenues: An International Survey of Economic Research on Lotteries," Working Papers 2011-17, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Thomas A. Garrett & Rubén Hernández-Murillo, 2004. "Spatial probit and the geographic patterns of state lotteries," Working Papers 2003-042, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Hawley, Zackary & Rork, Jonathan C., 2015. "Competition and property tax limit overrides: Revisiting Massachusetts' Proposition 2½," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 93-107.
- Hari Luitel & Mehmet Serkan Tosun, 2010. "An Examination of the Relation between State Fiscal Health and Amnesty Enactment," Working Papers 10-009, University of Nevada, Reno, Department of Economics;University of Nevada, Reno , Department of Resource Economics.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Natalia Kolesnikova, 2010. "Local price variation and the tax incidence of state lotteries," Working Papers 2010-035, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Cletus C. Coughlin, 2007.
"Inter-temporal differences in the income elasticity of demand for lottery tickets,"
2007-042, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Coughlin, Cletus C., 2009. "Inter–temporal Differences in the Income Elasticity of Demand for Lottery Tickets," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 62(1), pages 77-99, March.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Gary A. Wagner & David C. Wheelock, 2005.
"A spatial analysis of state banking regulation,"
2003-044, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Riddel, Mary C., 2000. "Finite Sample Properties Of Nonstationary Binary Response Models: A Monte Carlo And Response Surface Analysis," 2000 Annual meeting, July 30-August 2, Tampa, FL 21821, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Kent Grote & Victor Matheson, 2011. "The Economics of Lotteries: A Survey of the Literature," Working Papers 1109, College of the Holy Cross, Department of Economics.
- repec:ner:tilbur:urn:nbn:nl:ui:12-5928131 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cizek, P. & Lei, J. & Ligthart, J.E., 2012. "The Determinants of VAT Introduction : A Spatial Duration Analysis," Discussion Paper 2012-071, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Ashworth, John & Heyndels, Bruno, 2000. "A schema-theoretic approach to politicians' definitions of tax issues," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 21-41, February.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Gary A. Wagner, 2004.
"State government finances: World War II to the current crises,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 9-25.
- Thomas A. Garrett & Gary A. Wagner, 2003. "State government finances: World War II to the current crisis," Working Papers 2003-035, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Lutter, Mark, 2011. "The adoption of lotteries in the United States, 1964 - 2007. A model of conditional and time-dynamical diffusion," MPIfG Discussion Paper 11/4, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Garrett, Thomas A. & Marsh, Thomas L., 2002. "The revenue impacts of cross-border lottery shopping in the presence of spatial autocorrelation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 501-519, July.
- Mark, Skidmore & Chad, Cotti & James, Alm, 2011.
"The Political Economy of State Government Subsidy Adoption: The Case of Ethanol,"
33937, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mark Skidmore & Chad Cotti & James Alm, 2013. "The Political Economy of State Government Subsidy Adoption: The Case of Ethanol," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(2), pages 162-180, 07.
- Thomas A. Garrett, 2011. "A closer look at the tax incidence of instant lottery games: an analysis by price point," Working Papers 2011-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Jonathan Rork & Stephen Fink, 2003. "The Importance of Self-Selection in Casino Cannibalization of State Lotteries," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 8(10), pages 1-8.
- Brown, Ryan P. & Rork, Jonathan C., 2005. "Copycat gaming: A spatial analysis of state lottery structure," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 795-807, November.
- repec:dgr:kubcen:2012071 is not listed on IDEAS
- Heyndels, Bruno & Vuchelen, Jef, 1998. "Tax Mimicking Among Belgian Municipalities," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 51(n. 1), pages 89-101, March.
- Melissa S. Kearney, 2005. "The Economic Winners and Losers of Legalized Gambling," NBER Working Papers 11234, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yolanda K. Kodrzycki, 1994. "Privatization of local public services: lessons for New England," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue May, pages 31-46.
- Daniel Jones, 2013. "Education’s gambling problem: The impact of earmarking lottery revenues for education on charitable giving and government spending," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 13/307, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.