The Length and Cost of Banking Crises
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Babecký, Jan & Havránek, Tomáš & Matějů, Jakub & Rusnák, Marek & Šmídková, Kateřina & Vašíček, Bořek, 2014.
"Banking, debt, and currency crises in developed countries: Stylized facts and early warning indicators,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, pages 1-17.
- Šmídková, Kateřina & Babecký, Jan & Havránek, Tomáš & Matĕjů, Jakub & Rusnák, Marek & Vašíček, Bořek, 2012. "Banking, debt and currency crises: early warning indicators for developed countries," Working Paper Series 1485, European Central Bank.
- Jan Babecký & Tomáš Havránek & Jakub Mateju & Marek Rusnák & Katerina Šmídková & Borek Vašícek, 2012. "Banking, Debt, and Currency Crises: Early Warning Indicators for Developed Countries," Working Papers IES 2012/20, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2012.
- Serwa, Dobromil, 2010.
"Larger crises cost more: Impact of banking sector instability on output growth,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, pages 1463-1481.
- Serwa, Dobromił, 2007. "Larger crises cost more: impact of banking sector instability on output growth," MPRA Paper 5101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dobromil Serwa, 2008. "Larger crises cost more: impact of banking sector instability on output growth," Working Papers 25, Department of Applied Econometrics, Warsaw School of Economics.
- David Amaglobeli & Nicolas End & Mariusz Jarmuzek & Geremia Palomba, 2015. "From Systemic Banking Crises to Fiscal Costs; Risk Factors," IMF Working Papers 15/166, International Monetary Fund.
- Hoggarth, Glenn & Reis, Ricardo & Saporta, Victoria, 2002.
"Costs of banking system instability: Some empirical evidence,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 825-855, May.
- Glenn Hoggarth & Ricardo Reis & Victoria Saporta, 2001. "Costs of banking system instability: some empirical evidence," Bank of England working papers 144, Bank of England.
- Kim Ristolainen, 2015. "Were the Scandinavian Banking Crises Predictable? A Neural Network Approach," Discussion Papers 99, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- A.M.C. van der Zwet & J. Swank, 2000. "Financial Fragility and Macroeconomic Performance. A Comparison ofEmerging and Highly Developed Countries," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 52, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Bonfiglioli, Alessandra & Mendicino, Caterina, 2004. "Financial Liberalization, Banking Crises and Growth: Assessing the Links," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 567, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Barry Eichengreen and Carlos Arteta., 2000.
"Banking Crises in Emerging Markets: Presumptions and Evidence,"
Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers
C00-115, University of California at Berkeley.
- Barry Eichengreen & Carlos Arteta, 2001. "Banking Crises in Emerging Markets: Presumptions and Evidence," Macroeconomics 0012012, EconWPA.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Arteta, Carlos, 2000. "Banking Crises in Emerging Markets: Presumptions and Evidence," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt3pk9t1h2, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Caggiano, Giovanni & Calice, Pietro & Leonida, Leone & Kapetanios, George, 2016. "Comparing logit-based early warning systems: Does the duration of systemic banking crises matter?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 104-116.
- Iskandar Simorangkir, 2012. "Study on early Warning Indicators of Bank Runs: Markov-Switching Approach," EcoMod2012 4147, EcoMod.
- Burnside, Craig, 2004. "Currency crises and contingent liabilities," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 25-52, January.
- Elke Hanschel & Pierre Monnin, 2005. "Measuring and forecasting stress in the banking sector: evidence from Switzerland," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Investigating the relationship between the financial and real economy, volume 22, pages 431-49 Bank for International Settlements.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Staub, Roberta B., 2007. "Assessing financial instability: The case of Brazil," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 188-202, June.
- Trebesch, Christoph, 2008. "Delays in Sovereign Debt Restructurings. Should we really blame the creditors?," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Zurich 2008 44, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Alessandra Bonfiglioli & Caterina Mendicino, 2004.
"Financial liberalization, bank crises and growth: Assessing the links,"
Economics Working Papers
946, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Alessandra Bonfiglioli & Caterina Mendicino, 2005. "Financial Liberalization, Bank Crises and Growth: Assessing the links," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0044, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Jing, Zhongbo & de Haan, Jakob & Jacobs, Jan & Yang, Haizhen, 2015.
"Identifying banking crises using money market pressure: New evidence for a large set of countries,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 1-20.
- Zhongbo Jing & Jakob de Haan & Jan Jacobs & Haizhen Yang, 2013. "Identifying Banking Crises Using Money Market Pressure: New Evidence For a Large Set of Countries," DNB Working Papers 397, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Zhongbo Jing & Jakob de Haan & Jan P. A. M. Jacobs & Haizhen Yang, 2013. "Identifying Banking Crises Using Money Market Pressure: New Evidence For A Large Set of Countries," CIRANO Working Papers 2013s-41, CIRANO.
- Rasmus Kattai, 2010. "Credit risk model for the Estonian banking sector," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2010-01, Bank of Estonia, revised 04 Feb 2010.
- Olga Andreeva, 2004. "Aggregate bankruptcy probabilities and their role in explaining banks’ loan losses," Working Paper 2004/02, Norges Bank.
- Sanjeev Gupta & Carlos Mulas-Granados & Emanuele Baldacci, 2009. "How Effective is Fiscal Policy Response in Systemic Banking Crises?," IMF Working Papers 09/160, International Monetary Fund.
- Eric Santor, 2003. "Banking Crises and Contagion: Empirical Evidence," Staff Working Papers 03-1, Bank of Canada.
- Aykut Kibritcioglu, 2002. "Monitoring Banking Sector Fragility," Macroeconomics 0206004, EconWPA, revised 17 Mar 2006.
- Schmidt Paul-Günther, 2001. "Ursachen systemischer Bankenkrisen: Erklärungsversuche, empirische Evidenz und wirtschaftspolitische Konsequenzen," ORDO. Jahrbuch für die Ordnung von Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft, De Gruyter, vol. 52(1), pages 239-280, January.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005. "Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste; Selected Issues and Statistical Appendix," IMF Staff Country Reports 05/250, International Monetary Fund.
- Caggiano, Giovanni & Calice, Pietro & Leonida, Leone, 2014. "Early warning systems and systemic banking crises in low income countries: A multinomial logit approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 258-269.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth S., 2013.
"Banking crises: An equal opportunity menace,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4557-4573.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "Banking Crises: An Equal Opportunity Menace," NBER Working Papers 14587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. "Banking Crises: An Equal Opportunity Menace," CEPR Discussion Papers 7131, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Philip Wilms & Job Swank & Jakob de Haan, 2014. "Determinants of the real impact of banking crises: A review and new evidence," DNB Working Papers 437, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Karsai ZoltÃ¡n-KrisztiÃ¡n, 2012. "Does The Maastricht Convergence Criteria Work?," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 107-114, December.
- Iustina Alina Boitan, 2015. "Output Loss Severity across EU Countries. Evidence for the 2008 Financial Crisis," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 11(4), pages 117-126, August.
- Mats A Josefsson & Michael Andrews, 2003. "What Happens After Supervisory Intervention? Considering Bank Closure Options," IMF Working Papers 03/17, International Monetary Fund.
- Kibritcioglu, Aykut, 2002. "Excessive Risk-Taking, Banking Sector Fragility, and Banking Crises," Working Papers 02-0114, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Mitsuru Katagiri & Ryo Kato & Takayuki Tsuruga, 2012. "Managing Financial Crises: Lean or Clean?," IMES Discussion Paper Series 12-E-16, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Graham L Slack, 2003. "Availability of Financial Soundness Indicators," IMF Working Papers 03/58, International Monetary Fund.
- Velimir Šonje & Boris Vujčić, 1999. "Croatia In the Second Stage of Transition 1994–1999," Working Papers 1, The Croatian National Bank, Croatia.
- Sanchis, A. & Segovia, M.J. & Gil, J.A. & Heras, A. & Vilar, J.L., 2007. "Rough Sets and the role of the monetary policy in financial stability (macroeconomic problem) and the prediction of insolvency in insurance sector (microeconomic problem)," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(3), pages 1554-1573, September.
- Andrew G Haldane & Glenn Hoggarth & Victoria Saporta, 2001. "Assessing financial system stability, efficiency and structure at the Bank of England," BIS Papers chapters,in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Marrying the macro- and micro-prudential dimensions of financial stability, volume 1, pages 138-159 Bank for International Settlements.
- Enrica Detragiache & Giang Ho, 2010. "Responding to Banking Crises; Lessons From Cross-Country Evidence," IMF Working Papers 10/18, International Monetary Fund.