Citations for "The Length and Cost of Banking Crises"
by Edward J Frydl
- Babecký, Jan & Havránek, Tomáš & Matějů, Jakub & Rusnák, Marek & Šmídková, Kateřina & Vašíček, Bořek, 2014.
"Banking, debt, and currency crises in developed countries: Stylized facts and early warning indicators,"
Journal of Financial Stability,
Elsevier, vol. 15(C), pages 1-17.
- Babecký, Jan & Havránek, Tomáš & Matějů, Jakub & Rusnák, Marek & Šmídková, Kateřina & Vašíček, Bořek, 2012. "Banking, debt and currency crises: early warning indicators for developed countries," Working Paper Series 1485, European Central Bank.
- Jan Babecký & Tomáš Havránek & Jakub Mateju & Marek Rusnák & Katerina Šmídková & Borek Vašícek, 2012. "Banking, Debt, and Currency Crises: Early Warning Indicators for Developed Countries," Working Papers IES 2012/20, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Jul 2012.
- Philip Wilms & Job Swank & Jakob de Haan, 2014. "Determinants of the real impact of banking crises: A review and new evidence," DNB Working Papers 437, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Aykut Kibritcioglu, 2002. "Monitoring Banking Sector Fragility," Macroeconomics 0206004, EconWPA, revised 05 Apr 2004.
- Sanchis, A. & Segovia, M.J. & Gil, J.A. & Heras, A. & Vilar, J.L., 2007. "Rough Sets and the role of the monetary policy in financial stability (macroeconomic problem) and the prediction of insolvency in insurance sector (microeconomic problem)," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 181(3), pages 1554-1573, September.
- International Monetary Fund, 2005. "Democratic Republic of Timor-Leste; Selected Issues and Statistical Appendix," IMF Staff Country Reports 05/250, International Monetary Fund.
- Glenn Hoggarth & Ricardo Reis & Victoria Saporta, 2001.
"Costs of banking system instability: some empirical evidence,"
Bank of England working papers
144, Bank of England.
- Hoggarth, Glenn & Reis, Ricardo & Saporta, Victoria, 2002. "Costs of banking system instability: Some empirical evidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 825-855, May.
- Barry Eichengreen & Carlos Arteta, 2001.
"Banking Crises in Emerging Markets: Presumptions and Evidence,"
- Barry Eichengreen and Carlos Arteta., 2000. "Banking Crises in Emerging Markets: Presumptions and Evidence," Center for International and Development Economics Research (CIDER) Working Papers C00-115, University of California at Berkeley.
- Eichengreen, Barry & Arteta, Carlos, 2000. "Banking Crises in Emerging Markets: Presumptions and Evidence," Center for International and Development Economics Research, Working Paper Series qt3pk9t1h2, Center for International and Development Economics Research, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- A.M.C. van der Zwet & J. Swank, 2000. "Financial Fragility and Macroeconomic Performance. A Comparison ofEmerging and Highly Developed Countries," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 52, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth S., 2013.
"Banking crises: An equal opportunity menace,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 37(11), pages 4557-4573.
- Reinhart, Carmen M. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 2009. "Banking Crises: An Equal Opportunity Menace," CEPR Discussion Papers 7131, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & Kenneth S. Rogoff, 2008. "Banking Crises: An Equal Opportunity Menace," NBER Working Papers 14587, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alessandra Bonfiglioli & Caterina Mendicino, 2005.
"Financial Liberalization, Bank Crises and Growth: Assessing the links,"
Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre'
0044, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Alessandra Bonfiglioli & Caterina Mendicino, 2004. "Financial liberalization, bank crises and growth: Assessing the links," Economics Working Papers 946, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Mitsuru Katagiri & Ryo Kato & Takayuki Tsuruga, 2012.
"Managing Financial Crises: Lean or Clean?,"
IMES Discussion Paper Series
12-E-16, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Mats A Josefsson & Michael Andrews, 2003. "What Happens After Supervisory Intervention? Considering Bank Closure Options," IMF Working Papers 03/17, International Monetary Fund.
- Karsai ZoltÃ¡n-KrisztiÃ¡n, 2012. "Does The Maastricht Convergence Criteria Work?," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(2), pages 107-114, December.
- Bonfiglioli, Alessandra & Mendicino, Caterina, 2004. "Financial Liberalization, Banking Crises and Growth: Assessing the Links," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 567, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Kibritcioglu, Aykut, 2002. "Excessive Risk-Taking, Banking Sector Fragility, and Banking Crises," Working Papers 02-0114, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, College of Business.
- Sanjeev Gupta & Carlos Mulas-Granados & Emanuele Baldacci, 2009. "How Effective is Fiscal Policy Response in Systemic Banking Crises?," IMF Working Papers 09/160, International Monetary Fund.
- Kim Ristolainen, 2015. "Were the Scandinavian Banking Crises Predictable? A Neural Network Approach," Discussion Papers 99, Aboa Centre for Economics.
- Olga Andreeva, 2004. "Aggregate bankruptcy probabilities and their role in explaining banks’ loan losses," Working Paper 2004/02, Norges Bank.
- Zhongbo Jing & Jakob de Haan & Jan Jacobs & Haizhen Yang, 2013.
"Identifying Banking Crises Using Money Market Pressure: New Evidence For a Large Set of Countries,"
DNB Working Papers
397, Netherlands Central Bank, Research Department.
- Jing, Zhongbo & de Haan, Jakob & Jacobs, Jan & Yang, Haizhen, 2015. "Identifying banking crises using money market pressure: New evidence for a large set of countries," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 1-20.
- Zhongbo Jing & Jakob de Haan & Jan P. A. M. Jacobs & Haizhen Yang, 2013. "Identifying Banking Crises Using Money Market Pressure: New Evidence For A Large Set of Countries," CIRANO Working Papers 2013s-41, CIRANO.
- Andrew G Haldane & Glenn Hoggarth & Victoria Saporta, 2001. "Assessing financial system stability, efficiency and structure at the Bank of England," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Marrying the macro- and micro-prudential dimensions of financial stability, volume 1, pages 138-159 Bank for International Settlements.
- Serwa, Dobromil, 2010.
"Larger crises cost more: Impact of banking sector instability on output growth,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 29(8), pages 1463-1481, December.
- Dobromil Serwa, 2008. "Larger crises cost more: impact of banking sector instability on output growth," Working Papers 25, Department of Applied Econometrics, Warsaw School of Economics.
- Serwa, Dobromił, 2007. "Larger crises cost more: impact of banking sector instability on output growth," MPRA Paper 5101, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Caggiano, Giovanni & Calice, Pietro & Leonida, Leone & Kapetanios, George, 2016. "Comparing logit-based early warning systems: Does the duration of systemic banking crises matter?," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 104-116.
- Elke Hanschel & Pierre Monnin, 2005. "Measuring and forecasting stress in the banking sector: evidence from Switzerland," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Investigating the relationship between the financial and real economy, volume 22, pages 431-49 Bank for International Settlements.
- Enrica Detragiache & Giang Ho, 2010. "Responding to Banking Crises; Lessons From Cross-Country Evidence," IMF Working Papers 10/18, International Monetary Fund.
- Iskandar Simorangkir, 2012. "Study on early Warning Indicators of Bank Runs: Markov-Switching Approach," EcoMod2012 4147, EcoMod.
- Burnside, Craig, 2004. "Currency crises and contingent liabilities," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 25-52, January.
- Velimir Šonje & Boris Vujčić, 1999. "Croatia In the Second Stage of Transition 1994–1999," Working Papers 1, The Croatian National Bank, Croatia.
- Rasmus Kattai, 2010. "Credit risk model for the Estonian banking sector," Bank of Estonia Working Papers wp2010-01, Bank of Estonia, revised 04 Feb 2010.
- Iustina Alina Boitan, 2015. "Output Loss Severity across EU Countries. Evidence for the 2008 Financial Crisis," Acta Universitatis Danubius. OEconomica, Danubius University of Galati, issue 11(4), pages 117-126, August.
- Graham L Slack, 2003. "Availability of Financial Soundness Indicators," IMF Working Papers 03/58, International Monetary Fund.
- Eric Santor, 2003. "Banking Crises and Contagion: Empirical Evidence," Staff Working Papers 03-1, Bank of Canada.
- Caggiano, Giovanni & Calice, Pietro & Leonida, Leone, 2014. "Early warning systems and systemic banking crises in low income countries: A multinomial logit approach," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 258-269.
- David Amaglobeli & Nicolas End & Mariusz Jarmuzek & Geremia Palomba, 2015. "From Systemic Banking Crises to Fiscal Costs; Risk Factors," IMF Working Papers 15/166, International Monetary Fund.
- Trebesch, Christoph, 2008. "Delays in Sovereign Debt Restructurings. Should we really blame the creditors?," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Zurich 2008 44, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Tabak, Benjamin M. & Staub, Roberta B., 2007. "Assessing financial instability: The case of Brazil," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 188-202, June.