Citations for "Business Cycles and Workers' Remittances; How Do Migrant Workers Respond to Cyclical Movements of GDP At Home?"
by Serdar Sayan
- Junaid Ahmed, 2012. "Cyclical Properties of Migrant's Remittances to Pakistan: What the data tell us," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 32(4), pages 3266-3278.
- Andrew J Swiston, 2010. "Spillovers to Central America in Light of the Crisis; What a Difference a Year Makes," IMF Working Papers 10/35, International Monetary Fund.
- Farid MAKHLOUF, 2014. "Propriétés cycliques des transferts de fonds des migrants marocains," Working Papers 2013-2014_9, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Feb 2014.
- Balli, Faruk & Balli, Hatice O., 2011.
"Income and consumption smoothing and welfare gains across Pacific Island Countries: The role of remittances and foreign aid,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(4), pages 1642-1649, July.
- Balli, Faruk & Balli, Hatice O., 2010. "Income and consumption smoothing and welfare gains across Pacific Island countries: The role of remittances and foreign aid," MPRA Paper 29547, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Feb 2011.
- Ahmed, Junaid & Martinez-Zarzoso, Inmaculada, 2013. "Blessing or curse: The stabilizing role of remittances, foreign aid and FDI to Pakistan," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 153, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Magnusson, Kristin, 2009. "The Impact of U.S. Regional Business Cycles on Remittances to Latin America," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 710, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Greg Ekpung Edame & Okoiarikpo Benjamin Okoi, 2015. "Fiscal Deficits and Economic Growth in Nigeria: A Chow Test Approach," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(3), pages 748-752.
- Katarzyna Budnik, 2011.
"Temporary Migration in Theories of International Mobility of Labour,"
National Bank of Poland Working Papers
89, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute.
- Katarzyna Budnik, 2011. "Temporary migration in theories of international mobility of labour," Bank i Kredyt, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute, vol. 42(6), pages 7-48.
- Arezki, Rabah & Brückner, Markus, 2012.
"Rainfall, financial development, and remittances: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 377-385.
- Rabah Arezki & Markus Bruckner, 2011. "Rainfall, Financial Development, and Remittances; Evidence From Sub-Saharan Africa," IMF Working Papers 11/153, International Monetary Fund.
- Rabah Arezki & Markus Bruckner, 2011. "Rainfall, Financial Development, and Remittances: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," School of Economics Working Papers 2011-30, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
- Serdar Sayan & AyÃ§a Tekin-Koru, 2010. "Host-Country Economic Policies and Worker Remittances to Developing Countries: The Cases of Turkey and Mexico," Chapters, in: Global Exchange and Poverty, chapter 7 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Freund, Caroline & Spatafora, Nikola, 2008. "Remittances, transaction costs, and informality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 356-366, June.
- Gazi Mainul Hassan & Mohammed S. Bhuyan, 2013. "Growth Effects of Remittances:Is there a U-Shaped Relationship?," Working Papers in Economics 13/16, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Bharati Basu & James T. Bang, 2013. "Insurance and remittances: New evidence from Latin American immigrants to the US," Migration Letters, Transnational Press London, UK, vol. 10(3), pages 383-398, September.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 2011.
"Are Bilateral Remittances Countercyclical?,"
9642640, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel, 2009. "Are Bilateral Remittances Countercyclical?," NBER Working Papers 15419, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey, 2010. "Are Bilateral Remittances Countercylical?," Working Paper Series rwp10-037, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A., 2010. "Are Bilateral Remittances Countercyclical?," Scholarly Articles 4450131, Harvard Kennedy School of Government.
- Erik Lueth & Marta Ruiz-Arranz, 2007. "Are workers' remittances a hedge against macroeconomic shocks? The case of Sri Lanka," Asia-Pacific Development Journal, United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP), vol. 14(1), pages 25-39, June.
- Christian Hubert Ebeke, 2011.
"Transferts des migrants, ouverture sur l'extérieur et dépenses publiques dans les pays en développement,"
- Christian EBEKE, 2010. "Transferts des migrants, ouverture sur l'extérieur et dépenses publiques dans les pays en développement," Working Papers 201011, CERDI.
- Vladimir Gligorov & Anna Iara & Michael Landesmann & Robert Stehrer & Hermine Vidovic, 2008. "Western Balkan Countries: Adjustment Capacity to External Shocks, with a Focus on Labour Markets," wiiw Research Reports 352, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Neagu , Ileana C. & Schiff, Maurice, 2009. "Remittance stability, cyclicality and stabilizing impact in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5077, The World Bank.
- BORJA, Karla, 2013. "Home And Host Country Business Cycles And Remittances: The Case Of El Salvador And The Dominican Republic," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 13(2), pages 101-118.
- Giuliano, Paola & Ruiz-Arranz, Marta, 2006.
"Remittances, Financial Development, and Growth,"
IZA Discussion Papers
2160, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ceyhun Bora Durdu & Serdar Sayan, 2010.
"Emerging Market Business Cycles with Remittance Fluctuations,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 57(2), pages 303-325, June.
- Ceyhun Bora Durdu & Serdar Sayan, 2008. "Emerging market business cycles with remittance fluctuations," International Finance Discussion Papers 946, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Yasser Abdih & Ralph Chami & Christian H Ebeke & Adolfo Barajas, 2012. "Remittances Channel and Fiscal Impact in the Middle East, North Africa, and Central Asia," IMF Working Papers 12/104, International Monetary Fund.
- Ambrosius, Christian & Cuecuecha, Alfredo, 2016. "Remittances and the Use of Formal and Informal Financial Services," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 80-98.
- Sk. Mahmudul Alam, Mahmud, 2012. "Microfinance institutions will be an important instrument to earn more remittance, send remittance and utilize remittance in Bangladesh," MPRA Paper 36459, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Feb 2012.
- Christian Hubert Ebeke, 2011.
"Remittances, Countercyclicality, Openness, and Government Size,"
- Christian Hubert Ebeke, 2011. "Remittances, Countercyclicality, Openness and Government Size," Recherches économiques de Louvain, De Boeck Université, vol. 77(4), pages 89-114.
- Christian Hubert EBEKE, 2011. "Remittances, Countercyclicality, Openness and Government Size," Discussion Papers (REL - Recherches Economiques de Louvain) 2011044, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Balli, Faruk & Rana, Faisal, 2015. "Determinants of risk sharing through remittances," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 107-116.
- George S. Naufal & Ismail H. Genc, .
"Structural Change in MENA Remittance Flows,"
Economics Working Papers
07-05/2013, School of Business Administration, American University of Sharjah.
- Schellenberg, Grant & Houle, Rene, 2008. "Remittance Behaviours Among Recent Immigrants in Canada," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2008312e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Ambrosius, Christian, 2011. "Are Remittances a 'Catalyst' for Financial Access? Evidence from Mexico," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2011 5, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Gazi Mainul Hassan & Joao Ricardo Faria, 2013. "Are Remittances Conflict-Abating in Recipient Countries?," Working Papers in Economics 13/11, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Adenutsi, Deodat E. & Aziakpono, Meshach J. & Ocran, Matthew K., 2011.
"The changing impact of macroeconomic environment on remittance inflows in sub-Saharan Africa,"
37067, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Deodat E. Adenutsi & Meshach J. Aziakpono & Matthew K. Ocran, 2011. "The Changing Impact Of Macroeconomic Environment On Remittance Inflows In Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Academic Research in Economics, Spiru Haret University, Faculty of Accounting and Financial Management Constanta, vol. 3(2 (July)), pages 136-167.
- Mazhar MUGHAL & Junaid AHMED, 2013.
"Remittances and Business Cycles: Comparison of South Asian Countries,"
2012-2013_4, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Jan 2013.
- Mazhar Y. Mughal & Junaid Ahmed, 2014. "Remittances and Business Cycles: Comparison of South Asian Countries," International Economic Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(4), pages 513-541, December.
- Marta Ruiz-Arranz & Erik Lueth, 2007. "Are Workers' Remittances a Hedge Against Macroeconomic Shocks? the Case of Sri Lanka," IMF Working Papers 07/22, International Monetary Fund.
- Bentour, El Mostafa, 2013. "Should Moroccan Officials Depend on the Workers’ Remittances to Finance the Current Account Deficit?," MPRA Paper 52290, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 May 2013.
- Jorge Eduardo Mendoza Cota, 2012. "Are remittances a stabilizing factor in the Mexican economy?," EconoQuantum, Revista de Economia y Negocios, Universidad de Guadalajara, Centro Universitario de Ciencias Economico Administrativas, Departamento de Metodos Cuantitativos y Maestria en Economia., vol. 9(1), pages 83-99, Enero-Jun.
- Chowdhury, Mamta B., 2011. "Remittances flow and financial development in Bangladesh," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 2600-2608.
- Coulibaly, Dramane, 2015. "Remittances and financial development in Sub-Saharan African countries: A system approach," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 249-258.
- Krishnan Sharma, 2009. "The Impact of Remittances on Economic Insecurity," Working Papers 78, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Ibrahim Sirkeci & Jeffrey H. Cohen & Dilip Ratha, 2012. "Migration and Remittances during the Global Financial Crisis and Beyond," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 13092, October.
- Leonardo Di Marco & Olga Marzovilla & Luciano Nieddu, 2015. "The Role Of Remittances On The Business Cycle: The Case Of The Philippines," RIEDS - Rivista Italiana di Economia, Demografia e Statistica - Italian Review of Economics, Demography and Statistics, SIEDS Societa' Italiana di Economia Demografia e Statistica, vol. 0(3), pages 119-130, July-Sept.
- Anupam Das, 2012. "Remittance Behavior of Migrants and its Macroeconomic Effects in Four Developing Countries," International Journal of Applied Behavioral Economics (IJABE), IGI Global, vol. 1(1), pages 41-59, January.
- Nedzad ISAKOVIC & Erkan ILGUN, 2015. "Cyclical Properties of Workers’ Remittances: Evidence from Bosnia and Herzegovina," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(1), pages 172-187.
- Adenutsi, Deodat & Aziakpono, Meshach & Ocran, Matthew, 2011. "Macroeconomic environment and remittances in post-independent Sub-Saharan Africa: Magnitudes, trends and stylised facts," MPRA Paper 42426, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Erik Lueth & Marta Ruiz-Arranz, 2006. "A Gravity Model of Workersâ€™ Remittances," IMF Working Papers 06/290, International Monetary Fund.
- Gazi M. Hassan & Shafiqur Rahman, 2015. "Is the Democratisation Process Responsive to Remittance Flows? Evidence from Bangladesh," Working Papers in Economics 15/06, University of Waikato, Department of Economics.
- Rémi Generoso, 2012. "Transferts de fonds et résilience des pays d'Afrique de l'Ouest face à la variabilité des précipitations : une perspective macroéconomique," Working Papers hal-00830021, HAL.
- Sayan, Serdar & Tekin-Koru, Ayca, 2007. "Remittances, Business Cycles and Poverty: The Recent Turkish Experience," MPRA Paper 6029, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bettin, Giulia & Paçacı Elitok, Seçil & Straubhaar, Thomas, 2012. "Causes and consequences of the downturn in financial remittances to Turkey: A descriptive approach," Edition HWWI: Chapters, in: Turkey, migration and the EU, pages 133-166 Hamburg Institute of International Economics (HWWI).