Retail Strategies on the Web: Price and Non-price Competition in the Online Book Industry
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maris Goldmanis & Ali Hortaçsu & Chad Syverson & Önsel Emre, 2010.
"E-Commerce and the Market Structure of Retail Industries,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 120(545), pages 651-682, June.
- Onsel Emre & Ali Hortacsu & Chad Syverson, 2005. "E-commerce and the Market Structure of Retail Industries," Working Papers 05-24, NET Institute, revised Oct 2005.
- Maris Goldmanis & Ali Hortacsu & Chad Syverson & Onsel Emre, 2008. "E-commerce and the Market Structure of Retail Industries," NBER Working Papers 14166, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Thompson & Steve Thompson, 2006. "Pricing in a market without apparent horizontal differentiation: Evidence from web hosting services," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(7), pages 649-663.
- Gormsen, Christian, 2009.
"Intransparent Markets and Intra-Industry Trade,"
09-20, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Christian Gormsen, 2012. "Intransparent Markets and Intra-Industry Trade," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00678264, HAL.
- Christian Gormsen, 2012. "Intransparent markets and intra-industry trade," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 12017, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Nestor Duch-Brown & Bertin Martens, 2014. "Consumer benefits from the EU Digital Single Market: evidence from household appliances markets," JRC Working Papers on Digital Economy 2014-03, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Chih-Peng Chu & Wen-Chung Guo & Fu-Chuan Lai, 2012. "On the competition between an online bookstore and a physical bookstore," Netnomics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 141-154, October.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Yu (Jeffrey) Hu & Mohammad S. Rahman, 2009. "Battle of the Retail Channels: How Product Selection and Geography Drive Cross-Channel Competition," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 55(11), pages 1755-1765, November.
- repec:eee:ijrema:v:27:y:2010:i:2:p:142-150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oliver Hinz & Jochen Eckert, 2010. "The Impact of Search and Recommendation Systems on Sales in Electronic Commerce," Business & Information Systems Engineering: The International Journal of WIRTSCHAFTSINFORMATIK, Springer;Gesellschaft für Informatik e.V. (GI), vol. 2(2), pages 67-77, April.
- Luca Aguzzoni & Elena Argentesi & Lorenzo Ciari & Tomaso Duso & Massimo Tognoni, 2016.
"Ex post Merger Evaluation in the U.K. Retail Market for Books,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 64(1), pages 170-200, March.
- L. Aguzzoni & E. Argentesi & L. Ciari & T. Duso & M. Tognoni, 2013. "Ex-post Merger Evaluation in the UK Retail Market for Books," Working Papers wp889, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Aguzzoni, Luca & Argentesi, Elena & Ciari, Lorenzo & Duso, Tomaso & Tognoni, Massimo, 2013. "Ex-post merger evaluation in the UK retail market for books," DICE Discussion Papers 98, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Luca Aguzzoni & Elena Argentesi & Lorenzo Ciari & Tomaso Duso & Massimo Tognoni, 2013. "Ex-Post Merger Evaluation in the UK Retail Market for Books," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1310, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Duso, Tomaso & Argentesi, Elena & Aguzzoni, Luca & Ciari, Lorenzo & Tognoni, Massimo, 2013. "Ex-post Merger Evaluation in the UK Retail Market for Books," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 80025, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Austan Goolsbee, 2002.
"Does the Internet Make Markets More Competitive? Evidence from the Life Insurance Industry,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 110(3), pages 481-507, June.
- Brown, Jeffrey, 2000. "Does the Internet Make Markets More Competitive? Evidence from the Life Insurance Industry," Working Paper Series rwp00-007, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Edgardo Arturo Ayala Gaytán, 2009. "Social network externalities and price dispersion in online markets," Ensayos Revista de Economia, Universidad Autonoma de Nuevo Leon, Facultad de Economia, vol. 0(2), pages 1-28, November.
- Jean Boivin & Robert Clark & Nicolas Vincent, 2010. "Virtual Borders: Online Nominal Rigidities and International Market Segmentation," NBER Working Papers 15642, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Anania, Giovanni & Nistico, Rosanna, 2012. "Price dispersion, search costs and consumers and sellers heterogeneity in retail food markets," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 125594, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zhenlin Yang & Lydia Gan & Fang-Fang Tang, 2007.
"A Study of Pricing Evolution in the Online Toy Market,"
Economic Growth Centre Working Paper Series
0704, Nanyang Technological University, School of Social Sciences, Economic Growth Centre.
- Yang, Zhenlin & Gan, Lydia & Tang, Fang-Fang, 2008. "A Study of Pricing Evolution in the Online Toy Market," Economics Discussion Papers 2008-19, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Fernández, Zulima & Nieto, María Jesús, 2005. "The internet: strategy and boundaries of the firm," DEE - Working Papers. Business Economics. WB wb050101, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía de la Empresa.
- Tang, Zhulei & Smith, Michael D. & Montgomery, Alan, 2010. "The impact of shopbot use on prices and price dispersion: Evidence from online book retailing," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 579-590, November.
- repec:eee:jbrese:v:80:y:2017:i:c:p:63-72 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bilotkach, Volodymyr, 2010. "Reputation, search cost, and airfares," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 251-257.
- Grosfeld-Nir, Abraham & Sarne, David & Spiegler, Israel, 2009. "Modeling the search for the least costly opportunity," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(2), pages 667-674, September.
- Bilal AFSAR & Jawaria Andleeb QURESHI & Asim REHMAN & Rehmat Ullah BANGASH, 2011. "Consumer Panacea Over Internet Usage In Pakistan," Management and Marketing Journal, University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 0(1), pages 43-52, May.
- Marco Haan & Henk-Wim Boer, 2010. "Has the Internet Eliminated Regional Price Differences? Evidence from the Used Car Market," De Economist, Springer, vol. 158(4), pages 373-386, November.
- Stefan W. Schmitz & Michael Latzer, 2002. "Competition in B2C eCommerce: Analytical Issues and Empirical Evidence," Industrial Organization 0211001, EconWPA.
- Erik Brynjolfsson & Astrid Dick & Michael Smith, 2010. "A nearly perfect market?," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 1-33, March.
- Zhao, Dongmei & Savage, Scott J. & Chen, Yongmin, 2008. "Ownership, location and prices in chinese electronic commerce markets," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 192-207, June.
- Brynjolfsson, Erik & Dick, Astrid Andrea & Smith, Michael D., 2004. "Search and Product Differentiation at an Internet Shopbot," Working papers 4441-03, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Alan Roncoroni & Matus Medo, 2016. "Spatial firm competition in two dimensions with linear transportation costs: simulations and analytical results," Papers 1609.04944, arXiv.org.
- Joel Waldfogel & Lu Chen, 2003. "Does Information Undermine Brand? Information Intermediary Use and Preference for Branded Web Retailers," NBER Working Papers 9942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kolko, Jed, 2006.
"Why Should Governments Support Broadband Adoption?,"
3363, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jed Kolko, 2007. "Why Should Governments Support Broadband Adoption?," PPIC Working Papers 2007.01, Public Policy Institute of California.
- Cabolis, Christos & Clerides, Sofronis & Ioannou, Ioannis & Senft, Daniel, 2007.
"A textbook example of international price discrimination,"
Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 91-95, April.
- Christos Cabolis & Sofronis Clerides & Ioannis Ioannou & Daniel Senft, 2005. "A Textbook Example of International Price Discrimination," Yale School of Management Working Papers amz2640, Yale School of Management, revised 01 Aug 2008.
- Christos Cabolis & Sofronis Clerides & Ioannis Ioannou & Daniel Senft, 2005. "A Textbook Example of International Price Discrimination," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 3-2005, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Randy A. Nelson & Richard Cohen & Frederik Roy Rasmussen, 2007. "An Analysis of Pricing Strategy and Price Dispersion on the Internet," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 33(1), pages 95-110, Winter.
- Stühmeier Torben, 2015.
"Price Disclosure Rules and Consumer Price Comparison,"
The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy,
De Gruyter, vol. 15(2), pages 815-835, April.
- Stühmeier, Torben, 2014. "Price disclosure rules and consumer price comparison," CAWM Discussion Papers 74, University of Münster, Center of Applied Economic Research Münster (CAWM).
- Stühmeier, Torben, 2014. "Price disclosure rules and consumer price comparison," Annual Conference 2014 (Hamburg): Evidence-based Economic Policy 100482, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Giovanni Anania & Rosanna Nisticò, 2011. "Price Dispersion, Search Costs And Consumers And Sellers Heterogeneity In Retail Food Markets," Working Papers 201105, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- Wen-Chung Guo & Fu-Chuan Lai, 2014. "Spatial competition with quadratic transport costs and one online firm," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 52(1), pages 309-324, January.
- Steve Thompson, 2009. "Grey Power: An Empirical Investigation of the Impact of Parallel Imports on Market Prices," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 219-232, September.
- Colin Campbell & Gautam Ray & Waleed A. Muhanna, 2005. "Search and Collusion in Electronic Markets," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 51(3), pages 497-507, March.
- Haynes, Michelle & Thompson, Steve, 2008. "Price, price dispersion and number of sellers at a low entry cost shopbot," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 26(2), pages 459-472, March.
- repec:eee:jouret:v:88:y:2012:i:2:p:276-290 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kolko, Jed, 2010. "How broadband changes online and offline behaviors," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 144-152, May.
- Michael R. Baye & John Morgan, 2005. "Red Queen Pricing Effects in E-Retail Markets," Working Papers 2005-07, Indiana University, Kelley School of Business, Department of Business Economics and Public Policy.
- Dürr, Niklas S. & Engelstätter, Benjamin & Ward, Michael R., 2017. "Strategic microscheduling of movies," ZEW Discussion Papers 17-033, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Eric Overby & Chris Forman, 2011. "The Effect of Electronic Commerce on Geographic Trade and Price Variance in a Business-to-Business Market," Working Papers 11-30, NET Institute.
- Häring, Julia, 2003. "Different Prices for Identical Products? Market Efficiency and the Virtual Location in B2C E-Commerce," ZEW Discussion Papers 03-68, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Fiona Scott Morton, 2006. "Consumer Benefit from Use of the Internet," NBER Chapters,in: Innovation Policy and the Economy, Volume 6, pages 67-90 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jeffrey R. Brown & Austan Goolsbee, 2000. "Does the Internet Make Markets More Competitive?," NBER Working Papers 7996, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Georg Müller & Mark Bergen & Shantanu Dutta & Daniel Levy, 2007. "Non-price rigidity and cost of adjustment," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(7), pages 817-832.
- repec:bla:jindec:v:65:y:2017:i:2:p:439-468 is not listed on IDEAS
- Claire Borsenberger & Helmuth Cremer & Philippe De Donder & Denis Joram & Sébastien Lécou, 2014. "Pricing of delivery services in the e-commerce sector," Chapters,in: The Role of the Postal and Delivery Sector in a Digital Age, chapter 6, pages 75-92 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:25:y:2015:i:c:p:36-46 is not listed on IDEAS
- Boivin, Jean & Clark, Robert & Vincent, Nicolas, 2012. "Virtual borders," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(2), pages 327-335.
- Babur De los Santos, 2008. "Consumer Search on the Internet," Working Papers 08-15, NET Institute, revised Sep 2008.
- Hyun S. Shin & Dominique M. Hanssens & Kyoo il Kim, 2016. "The role of online buzz for leader versus challenger brands: the case of the MP3 player market," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 16(4), pages 503-528, December.