Citations for "The Future of Monetary Policy: The Central Bank as an Army with Only a Signal Corps?"
by Friedman, Benjamin M
- Bogdan-Ion Boldea & Maria Boldea, 2008. "E-Money Development Within Contemporary Economies," Annales Universitatis Apulensis Series Oeconomica, Faculty of Sciences, "1 Decembrie 1918" University, Alba Iulia, vol. 2(10), pages 7.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 2000. "Decoupling at the Margin: The Threat to Monetary Policy from the Electronic Revolution in Banking," NBER Working Papers 7955, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Woodford, 2001.
"Monetary policy in the information economy,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 297-370.
- Aleksander Berentsen & Cyril Monet, 2006.
"Monetary Policy in a Channel System,"
IEW - Working Papers
295, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 2000.
"The Present and Future of Monetary Policy Rules,"
NBER Working Papers
7916, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John H. Cochrane, 2000. "Money as Stock: Price Level Determination with no Money Demand," NBER Working Papers 7498, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eugene Amromin & Sujit Chakravorti, 2007. "Debit card and cash usage: a cross-country analysis," Working Paper Series WP-07-04, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Bengtsson, Ingemar, 2005. "Central bank power is a matter of faith," Working Papers 2005:21, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- Edgardo Barandiarán, 2000. "Chile Después del Peso: Viviendo con el Dólar," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 37(110), pages 241-267.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:20020087 is not listed on IDEAS
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 2000. "The role of interest rates in Federal Reserve policymaking," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 45(Oct), pages 43-66.
- Sheri M. Markose & Yiing Jia Loke, 2002. "Can cash hold its own? International comparisons: Theory and evidence," Economics Discussion Papers 536, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2005.
"Open market operations and the federal funds rate,"
2005-063, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Bruce White, 2001. "Central Banking: back to the future," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 64, september.
- Woodford, Michael, 2000.
"Monetary Policy in a World without Money,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 3(2), pages 229-60, July.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 2001.
"Monetary Policy Analysis in Models Without Money,"
NBER Working Papers
8174, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Geoffrey R. Dunbar, 2014. "Demographics and the Demand for Currency," Working Papers 14-59, Bank of Canada.
- C. Sardoni, 2006. "Why Central Banks (and Money) Rule the Roost," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_457, Levy Economics Institute.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 2006. "The daily liquidity effect," Working Papers 2006-020, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Michał Brzoza-Brzezina, 2002. "The Relationship between Real Interest Rates and Inflation," National Bank of Poland Working Papers 23, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute.
- Jan Marc Berk, 2002. "Banca centrale e innovazione finanziaria. Una rassegna della letteratura recente," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 55(220), pages 345-385.
- Jan Marc Berk, 2002. "Central banking and financial innovation. A survey of the modern literature," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 55(222), pages 263-297.
- Helmut Wagner, 2001. "Implications of Globalization for Monetary Policy," IMF Working Papers 01/184, International Monetary Fund.
- Pietro Masci & Makoto Utsumi & Jacques Trigo Loubière & Yoshio Okubo & Takafumi Sato & Ruth de Krivoy & Mitsuhiro Fukao & María Soledad Martínez Peria & Sergio Schmukler & José Chicoma & Edgardo C. De, 2003. "Financial Crises in Japan and Latin America," IDB Publications (Books), Inter-American Development Bank, number 2918 edited by Edgardo C. Demaestri & Pietro Masci, February.
- C.A. Ullersma, 2001. "The Zero Lower Bound on Nominal Interest Rates and Monetary Policy Effectiveness: a Survey," MEB Series (discontinued) 2001-9, Netherlands Central Bank, Monetary and Economic Policy Department.
- Hervé Sitruk, 2008. "Monnaie électronique, monnaie fiduciaire et monnaie scripturale. Quelles substitutions ? Quelles stratégies ?," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 91(1), pages 37-51.
- Jan Marc Berk, 2002. "Central banking and financial innovation. A survey of the modern literature," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 55(222), pages 263-297.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2004.
"The Elusive Welfare Economics of Price Stability As A Monetary Policy Objective: Should New Keynesian Central Bankers Persue Price Stability,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
4730, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Willem H. Buiter, 2004. "The Elusive Welfare Economics of Price Stability as a Monetary Policy Objective: Should New Keynesian Central Bankers Pursue Price Stability?," NBER Working Papers 10848, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thornton, Daniel L., 2014. "Monetary policy: Why money matters (and interest rates don’t)," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 202-213.
- Didier Eyssartier & Ludovic Aubert, 2002. "Cible de niveau de prix versus cible d'inflation : état des lieux et perspectives," Revue d'Économie Financière, Programme National Persée, vol. 65(1), pages 201-227.
- Nyamongo, Esman & Ndirangu, Lydia Ndirangu2, 2013. "Financial Innovations and Monetary Policy in Kenya," MPRA Paper 52387, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexei Kireyev, 2001. "Financial Reforms in Sudan; Streamlining Bank Intermediation," IMF Working Papers 01/53, International Monetary Fund.
- Costa Storti, Cláudia & De Grauwe, Paul, 2002. "Electonic Money and the Optimal Size of Monetary Unions," CEPR Discussion Papers 3391, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert N McCauley, 2008. "Developing financial markets and operating monetary policy in Asia," BIS Papers chapters, in: Bank for International Settlements (ed.), Financial market developments and their implications for monetary policy, volume 39, pages 126-141 Bank for International Settlements.
- Cochrane, John H., 2005. "Money as stock," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 501-528, April.
- Martha Misas A. & Enrique López E. & Carlos A. Arango A. & Juan Nicolás Hernández A., 2003.
"La Demanda de Efectivo en Colombia: Una Caja Nagra a la Luz de las Redes Neuronales,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
002963, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Martha Misas & Enrique López & Carlos Arango & Juan Nicolás Hernández, . "La Demanda de Efectivo en Colombia: Una Caja Negra a la Luz de las Redes Neuronales," Borradores de Economia 268, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- William B.P. Robson, 2009. "To the Next Level: From Gold Standard to Inflation Targets - to Price Stability?," C.D. Howe Institute Commentary, C.D. Howe Institute, issue 285, March.
- Buiter, Willem H., 2006. "The elusive welfare economics of price stability as a monetary policy objective: why New Keynesian central bankers should validate core inflation," Working Paper Series 0609, European Central Bank.
- Saleh M. Nsouli & Connel Fullenkamp, 2004. "Six Puzzles in Electronic Money and Banking," IMF Working Papers 04/19, International Monetary Fund.
- Akyazi, Haydar & Artan, Seyfettin, 2006.
"Reflections of the New Economy on the monetary policy and central banking,"
152, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Haydar Akyazi & Seyfettin Artan, 2006. "Reflections of the New Economy on the Monetary Policy and Central Banking," Papers of the Annual IUE-SUNY Cortland Conference in Economics, in: Proceedings of the Conference on Human and Economic Resources, pages 373-387 Izmir University of Economics.
- Benjamin M. Friedman, 2000. "The Role of Interest Rates in Federal Reserve Policymaking," NBER Working Papers 8047, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lamberte, Mario B., 2001. "The Philippine Payment System: Efficiency and Implications for the Conduct of Monetary Policy," Discussion Papers DP 2001-20, Philippine Institute for Development Studies.
- Degens, Philipp, 2013. "Alternative Geldkonzepte - ein Literaturbericht," MPIfG Discussion Paper 13/1, Max Planck Institute for the Study of Societies.
- Valentina Grozdeva, 2006. "Electronic Money As Basis Of Payments At Electronic Banking: Development And Consequences," Economic Studies journal, Bulgarian Academy of Sciences - Economic Research Institute, issue 1, pages 112-136.
- Mervyn King, 1999. "Challenges for monetary policy : new and old," Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 11-57.
- Thornton, Daniel L., 2004. "The Fed and short-term rates: Is it open market operations, open mouth operations or interest rate smoothing?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 475-498, March.
- Leland B. Yeager, 2004. "The Euro Facing Other Moneys," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 24(1-2), pages 27-40, Spring/Su.
- Kenneth N. Kuttner & James J. McAndrews, 2001. "Personal on-line payments," Economic Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue Dec, pages 35-50.