Extending life for people with a terminal illness: a moral right or an expensive death? Exploring societal perspectives
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ruth Pearson, 1998. "Microcredit meets social exclusion: learning with difficulty from international experience," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 10(6), pages 811-822.
- Pronyk, Paul M. & Harpham, Trudy & Busza, Joanna & Phetla, Godfrey & Morison, Linda A. & Hargreaves, James R. & Kim, Julia C. & Watts, Charlotte H. & Porter, John D., 2008. "Can social capital be intentionally generated? A randomized trial from rural South Africa," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 67(10), pages 1559-1570, November.
- Joanna Coast & Richard Smith & Paula Lorgelly, 2008. "Should the capability approach be applied in Health Economics?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(6), pages 667-670, June.
- Helen Haugh & Michael Kitson, 2007. "The Third Way and the third sector: New Labour's economic policy and the social economy," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 31(6), pages 973-994, November.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chamberlain, Charlotte & Owen-Smith, Amanda & MacKichan, Fiona & Donovan, Jenny L. & Hollingworth, William, 2019. "“What’s fair to an individual is not always fair to a population”: A qualitative study of patients and their health professionals using the Cancer Drugs Fund," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 123(8), pages 706-712.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Donaldson, Cam & Roy, Michael & Hill-O'Connor, Clementine & Biosca, Olga & Baker, Rachel & Kay, Alan & Gillespie, Morag & Godwin, Jon & Morgan, Antony & Skelton, Dawn A & Stewart, John & Anderson, Iso, 2014. "Global issues, local solutions: rethinking wealth and health through the lens of social enteprise," Health Economics Working Paper Series 201402, Glasgow Caledonian University, Yunus Centre.
- Hareth Al-Janabi & Job van Exel & Werner Brouwer & Joanna Coast, 2016. "A Framework for Including Family Health Spillovers in Economic Evaluation," Medical Decision Making, , vol. 36(2), pages 176-186, February.
- Paul Anand & Laurence S. J. Roope & Anthony J. Culyer & Ron Smith, 2020.
"Disability and multidimensional quality of life: A capability approach to health status assessment,"
Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 29(7), pages 748-765, July.
- Anand, Paul & Roope, Laurence & Culyer, Anthony J. & Smith, Ron P., 2019. "Disability and Multi-Dimensional Quality of Life: A Capability Approach to Health Status Assessment," IZA Discussion Papers 12686, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Agampodi, Thilini Chanchala & Agampodi, Suneth Buddhika & Glozier, Nicholas & Siribaddana, Sisira, 2015. "Measurement of social capital in relation to health in low and middle income countries (LMIC): A systematic review," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 95-104.
- Hareth Al‐Janabi, 2018. "Do capability and functioning differ? A study of U.K. survey responses," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 27(3), pages 465-479, March.
- Samuel Herzog & Marian Shanahan & Peter Grimison & Anh Tran & Nicole Wong & Nicholas Lintzeris & John Simes & Martin Stockler & Rachael L. Morton, 2018. "Systematic Review of the Costs and Benefits of Prescribed Cannabis-Based Medicines for the Management of Chronic Illness: Lessons from Multiple Sclerosis," PharmacoEconomics, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 67-78, January.
- Burke, Holly McClain & Packer, Catherine & González-Calvo, Lázaro & Ridgeway, Kathleen & Lenzi, Rachel & Green, Ann F. & Moon, Troy D., 2019. "A longitudinal qualitative evaluation of an economic and social empowerment intervention to reduce girls’ vulnerability to HIV in rural Mozambique," Evaluation and Program Planning, Elsevier, vol. 77(C).
- Engel, Lidia & Bryan, Stirling & Noonan, Vanessa K. & Whitehurst, David G.T., 2018. "Using path analysis to investigate the relationships between standardized instruments that measure health-related quality of life, capability wellbeing and subjective wellbeing: An application in the ," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 213(C), pages 154-164.
- James Buchanan & Sarah Wordsworth, 2019. "Evaluating the Outcomes Associated with Genomic Sequencing: A Roadmap for Future Research," PharmacoEconomics - Open, Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 129-132, June.
- Hareth Al‐Janabi & Terry N. Flynn & Tim J. Peters & Stirling Bryan & Joanna Coast, 2015. "Test–Retest Reliability of Capability Measurement in the UK General Population," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(5), pages 625-630, May.
- Ramesh Lamsal & Jennifer D. Zwicker, 2017. "Economic Evaluation of Interventions for Children with Neurodevelopmental Disorders: Opportunities and Challenges," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 15(6), pages 763-772, December.
- Mitchell, Paul Mark & Roberts, Tracy E. & Barton, Pelham M. & Coast, Joanna, 2015. "Assessing sufficient capability: A new approach to economic evaluation," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 71-79.
- Joanna Coast, 2019. "Assessing capability in economic evaluation: a life course approach?," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 20(6), pages 779-784, August.
- Taylor Marilyn, 2012. "Surviving Over Time and Space? The Experience of the English Compact," Nonprofit Policy Forum, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-24, October.
- Cassandra Mah & Vanessa K. Noonan & Stirling Bryan & David G. T. Whitehurst, 2021. "Empirical Validity of a Generic, Preference-Based Capability Wellbeing Instrument (ICECAP-A) in the Context of Spinal Cord Injury," The Patient: Patient-Centered Outcomes Research, Springer;International Academy of Health Preference Research, vol. 14(2), pages 223-240, March.
- Xinguang Chen & Peigang Wang & Rhiana Wegner & Jie Gong & Xiaoyi Fang & Linda Kaljee, 2015. "Measuring Social Capital Investment: Scale Development and Examination of Links to Social Capital and Perceived Stress," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 120(3), pages 669-687, February.
- Aldrich, Daniel P. & Sawada, Yasuyuki, 2015. "The physical and social determinants of mortality in the 3.11 tsunami," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 124(C), pages 66-75.
- Enrica Chiappero‐Martinetti & Paola Salardi & Francesco Scervini, 2019. "Estimating conversion rates: A new empirical strategy with an application to health care in Italy," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 28(6), pages 748-764, June.
- Grace Musanse Mukoswa & Salome Charalambous & Gill Nelson, 2017. "The association between social capital and HIV treatment outcomes in South Africa," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 12(11), pages 1-13, November.
- Richard D. Smith & Tracey H. Sach, 2009. "Contingent valuation: (still) on the road to nowhere?," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(8), pages 863-866, August.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HEA-2014-11-07 (Health Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:yun:hewpse:201403. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ycgcauk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Karen McDairmant (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ycgcauk.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.