Periodic Stochastic Volatility and Fat Tails
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Nour Meddahi, 2002.
"A theoretical comparison between integrated and realized volatility,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 479-508.
- Meddahi, N., 2001. "A Theoretical Comparison Between Integrated and Realized Volatilies," Cahiers de recherche 2001-26, Centre interuniversitaire de recherche en économie quantitative, CIREQ.
- MEDDAHI, Nour, 2001. "A Theoretical Comparison Between Integrated and Realized Volatilies," Cahiers de recherche 2001-26, Universite de Montreal, Departement de sciences economiques.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Shephard, 2002.
"Econometric analysis of realized volatility and its use in estimating stochastic volatility models,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series B,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 64(2), pages 253-280.
- Ole E. Barndorff-Nielsen & Neil Shephard, 2000. "Econometric analysis of realised volatility and its use in estimating stochastic volatility models," Economics Papers 2001-W4, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford, revised 05 Jul 2001.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 2003.
"Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility,"
Econometric Society, vol. 71(2), pages 579-625, March.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 2001. "Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 01-01, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Anderson, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim & Diebold, Francis X. & Labys, Paul, 2002. "Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility," Working Papers 02-12, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Francis X. Diebold & Paul Labys, 2001. "Modeling and Forecasting Realized Volatility," NBER Working Papers 8160, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andersen, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim & Lange, Steve, 1999. "Forecasting financial market volatility: Sample frequency vis-a-vis forecast horizon," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 457-477, December.
- Maureen O'Hara, 2003. "Presidential Address: Liquidity and Price Discovery," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(4), pages 1335-1354, August.
- Hasbrouck, Joel & Seppi, Duane J., 2001. "Common factors in prices, order flows, and liquidity," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 59(3), pages 383-411, March.
- Andersen T. G & Bollerslev T. & Diebold F. X & Labys P., 2001. "The Distribution of Realized Exchange Rate Volatility," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 42-55, March.
- Andersen, Torben G. & Bollerslev, Tim, 1997. "Intraday periodicity and volatility persistence in financial markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 4(2-3), pages 115-158, June.
- Hasbrouck, Joel, 1993. "Assessing the Quality of a Security Market: A New Approach to Transaction-Cost Measurement," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(1), pages 191-212.
- Torben G. Andersen & Tim Bollerslev & Nour Meddahi, 2004. "Analytical Evaluation Of Volatility Forecasts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 45(4), pages 1079-1110, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eduardo Rossi & Dean Fantazzini, 2015.
"Long Memory and Periodicity in Intraday Volatility,"
Journal of Financial Econometrics,
Society for Financial Econometrics, vol. 13(4), pages 922-961.
- Eduardo Rossi & Dean Fantazzini, 2012. "Long memory and Periodicity in Intraday Volatility," DEM Working Papers Series 015, University of Pavia, Department of Economics and Management.
- Hüseyin Kaya & Sadullah Çelik, 2009. "Empirical Evidence For Day Of The Week Effect In An Emerging Market: The Turkish Case," 2009 Meeting Papers 219, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Qadan, Mahmoud & Kliger, Doron, 2016. "The short trading day anomaly," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 38(PA), pages 62-80.
- repec:spr:sistpr:v:20:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s11203-016-9139-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Tsiakas, Ilias, 2008. "Overnight information and stochastic volatility: A study of European and US stock exchanges," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 251-268, February.
- Yermack, David, 2014. "Tailspotting: Identifying and profiting from CEO vacation trips," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(2), pages 252-269.
- Imtiaz Mazumder, M. & Chu, Ting-Heng & Miller, Edward M. & Prather, Larry J., 2008. "International day-of-the-week effects: An empirical examination of iShares," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 699-715, September.
- M. Imtiaz Mazumder & Edward M. Miller & Oscar A. Varela, 2010. "Market Timing the Trading of International Mutual Funds: Weekend, Weekday and Serial Correlation Strategies," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(7-8), pages 979-1007.
- Charles, Amélie, 2010.
"The day-of-the-week effects on the volatility: The role of the asymmetry,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 202(1), pages 143-152, April.
- Amélie Charles, 2010. "The day-of-the week effects on the volatility: The role of the asymmetry," Post-Print hal-00771136, HAL.
- Ilias Tsiakas, 2010. "The Economic Gains Of Trading Stocks Around Holidays," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association;Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 33(1), pages 1-26.
- Giovanis, Eleftherios, 2009. "Calendar Effects and Seasonality on Returns and Volatility," MPRA Paper 64404, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fernando F. Ferreira & A. Christian Silva & Ju-Yi Yen, 2014. "Information ratio analysis of momentum strategies," Papers 1402.3030, arXiv.org, revised Jul 2014.
- Bidarkota, Prasad V. & Dupoyet, Brice V. & McCulloch, J. Huston, 2009. "Asset pricing with incomplete information and fat tails," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 1314-1331, June.
- Aknouche, Abdelhakim, 2013. "Periodic autoregressive stochastic volatility," MPRA Paper 69571, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2015.
- Ilias Tsiakas, 2004. "Analysis of the predictive ability of information accumulated over nights, weekends and holidays," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 208, Econometric Society.
- Aknouche, Abdelhakim & Al-Eid, Eid & Demouche, Nacer, 2016. "Generalized quasi-maximum likelihood inference for periodic conditionally heteroskedastic models," MPRA Paper 75770, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 19 Dec 2016.
- David Yermack, 2012. "Tailspotting: Identifying and profiting from CEO vacation trips," NBER Working Papers 17940, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbs:wpaper:wp04-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rong Leng). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fewaruk.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .