Backstage â€“ the play within a play: Utilising a dramaturgical metaphor to consider the rapid development of team culture in short-term stage crews
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Timothy Clark & Iain Mangham, 2004. "From Dramaturgy to Theatre as Technology: The Case of Corporate Theatre," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(1), pages 37-59, January.
- Heather Höpfl, 2002. "Playing the Part: Reflections on Aspects of Mere Performance in the Customer–Client Relationship," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(2), pages 255-267, March.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Brian Moeran, 2005. "Tricks of the Trade: The Performance and Interpretation of Authenticity," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(5), pages 901-922, July.
- Alessandro Fedele & Andrea Mantovani, 2010. "The Importance of Being Consulted," Annals of Economics and Finance, Society for AEF, vol. 11(2), pages 231-245, November.
- Matthew Bamber & Santhosh Abraham, 2020. "On the “Realities” of Investor‐Manager Interactivity: Baudrillard, Hyperreality, and Management Q&A Sessions†," Contemporary Accounting Research, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 37(2), pages 1290-1325, June.
- Goulding, Christina & Saren, Michael, 2016. "Transformation, transcendence, and temporality in theatrical consumption," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 216-223.
- Steve Baron & Anthony Patterson & Kim Harris & Julia Hodgson, 2007. "Strangers in the night: speeddating, CCI and service businesses," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 1(3), pages 211-232, September.
More about this item
KeywordsDramaturgical metaphor; Team culture; Rapid team culture development; Group efficacy; Invisible workforce; Self-governance; Rituals; Emotional management; Creative industries; Theatre;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2016-01-29 (Business Economics)
- NEP-CDM-2016-01-29 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-PPM-2016-01-29 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vuw:vuwmba:4935. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Library Technology Services). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fcvuwnz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.